Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Peter Kostis Unvarnished Truth Interview about the PGA Tour, and Patrick Reed the outright cheater

Mr. 82

Just now, Undershooter said:

I remember seeing the clip months ago, even before the recent Kostis interview, and thought: "Wow, PK just called him out." Generally announcers make excuses for players but not there. It was refreshing.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I haven't paid too much attention to the NLU podcast but I certainly will now.  Thanks for the discussion about it fellas.

A few recommendations of past episodes that I consider "must listens," if I may.  Episodes 170 and 212 with Max Homa are absolute found money!  If you listen to nothing else, listen to those in order.  Other great episodes I steer friends toward are Steve Elkington, Lanny Wadkins, Joel Dahmen, Eddie Pepperell, and any episode with Scott Van Pelt and KVV (Kevin Van Valkenburg).  

On that note, the new podcast with Shane Bacon and Max Homa (Get A Grip) is brilliant.  The best and worst things Max heard this week are hilarious.  I think they will eventually have to change that segment though.  People are going to start saying stuff to Max at tournaments in an attempt to get on the Pod.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

A few recommendations of past episodes that I consider "must listens," if I may.  Episodes 170 and 212 with Max Homa are absolute found money!  If you listen to nothing else, listen to those in order.  Other great episodes I steer friends toward are Steve Elkington, Lanny Wadkins, Joel Dahmen, Eddie Pepperell, and any episode with Scott Van Pelt and KVV (Kevin Van Valkenburg).  

On that note, the new podcast with Shane Bacon and Max Home (Get A Grip) is brilliant.  The best and worst things Max heard this week are hilarious.  I think they will eventually have to change that segment though.  People are going to start saying stuff to Max at tournaments in an attempt to get on the Pod.

Great recommendations! I loved the Max Homa interviews and the Joel Dahmen interview was especially entertaining to me.

I've listened to 2/3 of their new podcast. Need to give a listen to that last one, but definitely enjoying what they do as well.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

13 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Great recommendations! I loved the Max Homa interviews and the Joel Dahmen interview was especially entertaining to me.

I've listened to 2/3 of their new podcast. Need to give a listen to that last one, but definitely enjoying what they do as well.

Big fan of NLU here as well.  I'll clearly have to check out Get a Grip.  The two Brad Faxon episodes are some of my favorites (255, 276)

Thought that Kostis' comments were refreshing and I appreciated his honesty (although I'll admit there was definitely some bitterness toward a former employer)

Driver:   :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5* ... MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 (s)
Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)
Irons:    6-Gw :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal ... Aerotech SteelFiber i95 (s)
Wedges:  :ping-small:  Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52*/56* ... AWT 2.0 (w)
Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red "L" Neck
Ball:  MfleKCg.jpg Pro

21 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Dahmen's caddie Geno Bonnalie was waiting to pick Dahmen up from the airport in Roanoke, VA last fall for the Greenbrier.  This is very near where i live.  If you don't follow Geno on Twitter, he is hilarious.  Dahmen is pretty funny too.

CPG for the win

IMG_0666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond