Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I Don't Believe What I Just Saw...

Golfspy_CG2

To borrow the phrase from the great Jack Buck and put it into golf course sightings.

What is the strangest thing you've seen on a golf course, something someone did, something they wore or some device they used...etc.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll start, today I saw a golfer at our course wearing the hard-case to his rangefinder, strapped through his belt on his front hip.  Think tourist walking through NY City with the big phone or camera case strapped on to hold his camera. 

I can imagine he was pretty much a quick draw mcgraw in getting that range finder out to shoot a distance!  But one good thing, he doesn't have to worry about leaving his rangefinder in the golf cart 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

One of my best friends from the college days was getting married a few years back.  He and his twin brother were back home for a break from med school.  As a mini engagement celebration they came down to my course for a quick round of golf.  We get up on the third tee box, dog leg left, par four with woods guarding the inside corner of the dog leg.  One of the twins pulls the crap out of his drive and hits a screamer about waist high into the deepest part of the woods.  His ball hits a tree that was cut down and ricochets right into the middle of the fairway about 215 yards out from the green.  He proceeds to birdie the hole and shoot an 82 on a course he had never seen.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Back in my early days of playing golf, I was out for a fun round with a friend of mine and saw something I'll never forget. We were teeing off on the first hole when my buddy hit his drive on a 45 degree, screaming angle. One of the maintenance crew was walking up toward the second green, carrying a plastic rake. Of course, the ball was heading straight for the guy and we yell fore. He leaps forward, throwing the rake behind him as it explodes from the impact of the golf ball. Never been so scared for another's safety on the golf course in my life. He was ok, and we did profusely apologize.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My normal playing partner had a pitching wedge into the 18th at Antlers Creek in Falcon, CO. He prides himself a being a good player.

He takes his swing and tops it, but it doesn’t go forward it goes up and back. Has spin on it so when it hits about 3ft behind him, it rolls forward again. Just behind him.

He’s dancing and glancing all over the place trying to figure out where the ball’s at. In a tizzy.

I fully understand it’s one of those things you have to be there and see but to me it was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on the course. I was rolling on the ground in tears.

We do have fun out there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Playing a color ball tournament my cousin decides to hit driver on a tight par four with houses down the right. Pushes his drive dead right into a yard and onto the home’s patio. The family was having a 90th birthday for Grandma at the time out on the patio so he hopped the fence, asked if he could play from their patio and got it back into play. In fairness we were heavily lubricated, there were no stakes at the fence line and we won going away. To this day when someone bombs one high right there is bound to be a loud “Happy 90th Grandma”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I caddied for nine years.  Where do I start?

The road from the clubhouse to the boathouse divided 4 and 5 and crossed a creek right before a sharp curve.  It was the rare member-guest weekend where there wasn't a Mercedes in the creek.

Years later, I was playing the par 5 17th at Royal New Kent in a light rain and had a 50 yard sand wedge for my third shot over the lake.  Punch shot + wet Tour Wrap grips = sand wedge at the bottom of the lake.  As one of my pals still likes to remind me, it was a thing of beauty, perfectly flighted.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'll start, today I saw a golfer at our course wearing the hard-case to his rangefinder, strapped through his belt on his front hip.  Think tourist walking through NY City with the big phone or camera case strapped on to hold his camera. 

I can imagine he was pretty much a quick draw mcgraw in getting that range finder out to shoot a distance!  But one good thing, he doesn't have to worry about leaving his rangefinder in the golf cart 😎

When I had my MG Golf laser rangefinder (before it died) I used to run the case through my belt and wear it on my person.  I used to place it so that it was on my back, where I could easily reach for it for any shot.  Call me crazy but it was just easier this way, especially when I walked a ton of rounds.  Now I still have a @PrecisionProGolf laser on my bag, but with my Garmin Approach S20 GPS on my wrist, I have less use for the laser.  I've never been one to worry about fashion, or the appearance of things honestly.  If it works for me, I just do it.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS