TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf fitting question

Oscar10

I just tried a TRUEGOLFFIT fitting. I told the algorithm that I have a 93 mph Swing speed, level and a smooth swing. It told me that my # 1 driver is a Tour Edge HL3 10.5 with a UST Mamiya hot Launch HL3 shaft. It says I should get an extra 18 yds or so and drive the ball 236 with 9 degree launch. Well I’m in for that. But is this possible? How do you swing level with a 10.5 and launch 9 degree and can you drive the ball 236 with a 93 MPH swing? I’m using a stiff shaft shaft and think I need to switch to R (getting older). I’m tempted to buy this recommended driver as I can buy it so cheap. What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Oscar10 said:

I just tried a TRUEGOLFFIT fitting. I told the algorithm that I have a 93 mph Swing speed, level and a smooth swing. It told me that my # 1 driver is a Tour Edge HL3 10.5 with a UST Mamiya hot Launch HL3 shaft. It says I should get an extra 18 yds or so and drive the ball 236 with 9 degree launch. Well I’m in for that. But is this possible? How do you swing level with a 10.5 and launch 9 degree and can you drive the ball 236 with a 93 MPH swing? I’m using a stiff shaft shaft and think I need to switch to R (getting older). I’m tempted to buy this recommended driver as I can buy it so cheap. What do you think?

You can present less than 10.5* of loft at impact would be my best guess. I think it might be recommending that you do to achieve that +18 yards? Not sure, but you're probably better off paying for a fitting than dropping the money on the HL3 -- and most of the forum members will tell you the same. Welcome, btw!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

That’s what confuses me about this. If you are trying to present less than 10.5 of loft at impact why wouldn’t the Truegolffit fitting tell me to get a Tour Edge 9.5? Now don’t get me wrong. It’s not that don’t think computers can’t help in fitting. Because I think it can help.  Paying for a fitting is probably the way to go even though I just went though a free fitting  recently for irons and was not impressed. Thanks for the Welcome Yungkory.

Try Golf Galaxy and talk to the fitters until you find someone you trust. Don't just settle for whoever approaches you. Can probably get a good fit for $0.00. 

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

First ignore the flex of shafts. There’s no standard across the board and with graphite companies can do a lot of things that affect, feel and launch characteristics.  Also within a manufacturer stiff on one line may not be stiff or feel like it on another.  

If you want to be sure you are in the right setup find a reputable fitter and go thru the process of an in person fitting. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 hours ago, Oscar10 said:

I just tried a TRUEGOLFFIT fitting. I told the algorithm

That's probably a fun thing to try out to see what it reports but...

I wouldn't give much credence to an algorithm (fancy word for a math formula). The only true way to find and decide on a driver that is right for you is to experiment with a few. Outdoors! It's ok to get a fitting, use a LM and such. Establish a baseline. Heck, go try the one the "algorithm" suggested. Can't hurt. But try some others also.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The algorithm fit me into an M5 which was useless for me during demos, the G410 was the 2nd choice which performed well. But I found the F9 performed similar or marginally better, at $200-$300 less I couldn't justify the G410 just because I wanted to match my irons. I would only use TrueGolf fit to identify clubs to demo, which wont really work for OP with the Tour Edge product. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0