TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Birdie Every Hole Challenge

GolfSpy MPR

I'm in.  Now I just need to pick a home course.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

This is a great challenge for this year, I absolutely love it. I have a very conservative game where I am content with hitting par on every hole (isnt sexy but still equals 72). So hopefully itll help improve my game and have a little fun while doing it. Home course the only truly difficult holes in my mind to birdie are probably 6 and 10. So its possible just gotta do some pin seeking!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Got it...Haven't played it but on my list when I go to UO to visit the daughter.  Maybe make it a Pine Ridge/Tokatee day.

Anytime. Let me know before you head down, and I’ll get you set up.

It’s kinda funny. I just got back from Salem visiting my daughter at Willamette. Probably passed each other on I5

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I play two "home" courses in Montana. I've made par on all of them so I'll try the birdie challenge. 

Madison Meadows (Ennis, MT)

image.png.fc612bdaecd9daacaba678dceddc67f2.png

Beaverhead GC (Dillon, MT)

image.png.36004ee2e7d5084e1d1a28656e9a4376.png

Hole #6 at Madison Meadows is a tough one to crack.  The green (left arrow) is elevated with a steep apron/false front requiring a carry onto the green.  Catch the back part of the green and it rolls down into a collection area.  It requires a 230+ carry to clear the ravine and hill in the center; and it's frequently into the wind.  A straight drive can continue through the fairway into a hazard - done it and that pisses me off.  Smack a great drive, right on-line, and lose a stroke 😬.  The safe drive is a 3w (driver with wind) to the right, but that makes the second shot longer. I've parred it several times but never birdied it... so this will be my #1 goal.

image.png.8ee84be549331c81bcf07c5c5284d62f.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

... I will be playing Aguila in Phoenix for 3 months so probably not enough time to birdie every hole, especially since I will be playing other courses too. But back home in Chicago for June thru September maybe I have. chance. Links style course and the defense is the wind that ALWAYS blows as it is high ground and unprotected. I have birdied all 4 par 5's several times but the par 3's are really tough and I have had round were I bogged all 4. 

Hole 1 | Par 4 | 371 but a tough starting hole. One of the most difficult greens on the course. Birdies are very rare. 

Hole 2 | Par 4 | 339 90* dogleg left. Shallow green with deep bunker in front. Pretty flat and an easy birdie hole. 

Hole 3 | Par 3 | 168: Depending on the pin it can be a tough birdie hole to a tough par hole. 

Hole 4 | Par 5 | 513: Plays uphill off the tee, then downhill to the green. With a tailwind it is reachable in 2. Laying up short and wedging close means birdie opportunity

Hole 5 | Par 4 | 367: Downhill off the tee and uphill to the hole. Huge bunkers guard the dogleg left and green is tricky. Birdies are possible but rare. 

Hole 6 | Par 3 | 142: Usually plays longer, very tricky green and wind is brutal as this is the highest part of the course. Birdies are rare. 

Hole 7 | Par 4 | 431: Uphill and into prevailing wind, so plays much longer. Not an easy par. I think I have birdied it twice. 

Hole 8 | Par 5 | 488: hard dogleg right. Cut the corner and reachable in 2. Easy lay up and wedge to a difficult to read green but plenty of birdies available. 

Hole 9 | Par 4 | 375: Water on bothy sides, on the left all the way to the green and prevailing wind is right to left so water is always in play. Front or middle pin can yield a birdie. 

Hole 10 | Par 4 | 362: Straight ahead and a breather after the break. Good tee shot sets up a birdie. 

Hole 11 | Par 4 | 402:  90° dogleg left with water guarding the turn. Hit it close and easy green to reach, further right off the tee for safety , the tougher the hole. Birdies are rare.

Hole 12 | Par 5 | 513: Tough tee shot OB right and only woods on the course left with a creek. Pretty wide fairway. Downhill to green reachable in 2 with plenty of birdies and some eagles. 

Hole 13 | Par 3 | 129: Straight downhill and wind makes clubbing very difficult. Easy to come up short or fly the green. Green is tough and birdies are rare even at 129yds. 

Hole 14 | Par 4 | 362: Crazy though hole. Only tree on the course is huge, blocks 60% of the fairway with water to the right and OB left. Tough par hole and birdies are very rare. 

Hole 15 | Par 5 | 539: level off the tee then uphill the entire way. Can't see the green from layup so  pin location is a guess. Long but birdies are possible.   

Hole 16 | Par 4 | 418: Long and plays longer. Uphill off the tee so little roll leaving 200-160 in. Deep bunker guards the front and birdies are pretty rare. 

Hole 17 | Par 3 | 170: another very hard par 3. Wind blows right to left with water left and right. Hard to get the distance right. But easy pin yields birdies. 

Hole 18 | Par 5 | 390: Excellent tough finishing hole. Water right the entire way, deep grass mounds left. Great tee shot sets up a birdie depending on wind. 

Course-Rating-and-Slope-1.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

Hole 7 | Par 3 | 431: Uphill and into prevailing wind, so plays much longer. Not an easy par. I think I have birdied it twice. 

This is when you know that the distance issue has gotten totally out of control. That's pretty brutal 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

This is when you know that the distance issue has gotten totally out of control. That's pretty brutal 🙂

That is quite a par 3 even for those guys down in Mexico right now!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

... LOL par 4 and I hear ya but I like the hole. There are several easy holes on this course so the #1 handicap hole being very difficult but fair is OK with me. I am also guessing many higher index players do not feel the same way because 407yds for them from the mens tees over water (that is irrelevant for better players) with uphill and into the wind conditions and very tall heather left and right results in many 8+ scores on this hole as well as a lost ball or two. Mostly because they tend to over swing and slice/hook the ball trying to hit a big drive off the tee, then a big out if their shoes fairway wood attempting to make up for their poor drive. Typical high index mistakes because hitting an iron or hybrid off the tee turns it into a par 5 or even par 6 but takes the huge number out of play. I think putting the mens tees just behind the 333 yd red forward tees would be a much better option. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I hear ya and agree but I like the hole. There are several easy holes on this course so the #1 handicap hole being very difficult but fair is OK with me. I am also guessing many higher index players do not feel the same way because 407yds for them from the mens tees over water (that is irrelevant for better players) with uphill and into the wind conditions and very tall heather left and right results in many 8+ scores on this hole as well as a lost ball or two. Mostly because they tend to over swing and slice/hook the ball trying to hit a big drive off the tee, then a big out if their shoes fairway wood attempting to make up for their poor drive. Typical high index mistakes because hitting an iron or hybrid off the tee turns it into a par 5 or even par 6 but takes the huge number out of play. I think putting the mens tees just behind the 333 yd red forward tees would be a much better option. 

I was mostly just poking a little fun at the typo: listing a 431 yard hole as a par 3 🙂.

You got it fixed already, but the thought of par 3 that long is enough to make a grown man cry.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I birdied 10/18 holes in 2019. I'm in to try to get all of them this season. 

birdies.thumb.png.72e1917823474c7a54960a4c412ece75.png

Home Course: Western Greens Country Club, Marne, MI - Par 72, 6,164 yards, 69.4/114 from back tees.

• Hole 1 | Par 4 | 305: Nice simple opener. If it's dry, a good drive leaves a chip into the green. A great drive could be on the green. 
  • Hole 2 | Par 4 | 338: Tough second hole with slight dogleg left, requiring a perfectly placed 6/7 iron off the tee if you play conservatively. With the slight draw bias of my 4 hybrid and new swing, I'm considering trying to bomb it around the dogleg this year. I did not birdie this hole last year. 
  • Hole 3 | Par 5 | 507: Anything 250+ off the tee, with a good mid-iron, leaves a pitch and putt for birdie. Did not birdie this hole last year, but did eagle it from the fairway.
  • Hole 4 | Par 4 | 322: Dog-leg right that will probably be a hybrid off the tee to a wedge in. One of the more difficult greens on the course, well protected by undulations in front, sand right and creek directly behind. 
  • Hole 5 | Par 4 | 306: Very straight hole, but tight with trees on both sides. 
  • Hole 6 | Par 3 | 203: Long par 3 with green that slopes back to front. Sand short right. Will be a tough one. I did not birdie this hole last year.
  • Hole 7 | Par 4 | 428: Toughest hole on the course. A legitimate chance for birdie will require 250+ carry drive with a slight draw to a very small landing area, plus a perfect mid-to-long iron to an elevated green. I birdied this hole once last year, but a bogey on this hole generally feels like par.
  • Hole 8 | Par 3 | 166: Should be an easy 7 or 8 iron to middle of the green. Pin is almost always set somewhere near the middle.
  • Hole 9 | Par 5 | 454: If you can keep your drive in the fairway, this is a ho-hum par 5. Honestly could hit hybrid off the tee here and still make birdie.
  • Hole 10 | Par 4 | 341: Downhill dogleg right. Green could be drivable on a nice, dry day. Requires a good wedge shot as the push up green slopes pretty hard to left side.
  • Hole 11 | Par 4 | 405: Unsure of how best to attack this hole. A good tee shot to the middle of the dog leg leaves 180-200 into the green. Driver is too long for this hole, unless I can pull off some sort of saucy high cut. I did not birdie this hole last year.
  • Hole 12 | Par 3 | 136: Tight little par 3 with a very narrow and deep green. It's a 9-iron off the tee, but very difficult.
  • Hole 13 | Par 4 | 323: A nice tight draw with the driver leaves a wedge into a very flat and receptive green. Only troubles are a few big trees on the left side.
  • Hole 14 | Par 5 | 522: Straightaway par 5 that requires a good drive and a lot of luck. Due to damage over the years from water, the best place for the second shot to land is a crap shoot if you will end up with a good lie. Big, flat green that should be easy, but isn't. Did not birdie this hole last year.
  • Hole 15 | Par 4 | 267: Short, uphill, drivable par 4 that plays as a par 3 from the forward tees. Big bunker guarding left front of green, but generally plays very easy. 
  • Hole 16 | Par 4 | 407: Elevated teebox and green that plays very narrow where drivers typically land, with the fairway sloping heavily from right to left. Favor the right side, but stay away from the trees. Green is heavily contoured and leads to some tricky putts. Did not birdie this hole last year.
  • Hole 17 | Par 4 | 407: Should be a simple, straightaway downhill par 4. Green is undulating, requires a good approach shot or a great putt for birdie. Did not birdie this hole last year.
  • Hole 18 | Par 4 | 327: Uphill, with an undulating green. Don't hit your drive left, lest you want to lose your ball among the many range balls that make their way into the rough and fairway. Driver, short iron or wedge into the green. Did not birdie this hole last year.

Easiest Holes: 1, 5, 8, 9, 13, 15

Hardest Holes: 2, 7, 11, 16, 17

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Easiest for me is #1, 2, 7, 10, and 16.

Hardest is 9, 11, 14, and 17.

Really not sure if I can birdie them all in a year as 9 really haunts me (mental), and 14 is just tough in the evenings with the headwind and multilevel green.  Much easier to play when there is no wind or downwind, but as a twilight member, that's when I play it.  14 is the #1 handicap but I do birdie when the stick is cut front or center. 17 is a longish par 3 that plays either dead in to the wind or a strong cross breeze.  Green is sloped with a false front.  Much easier to birdie when the pin is cut back so you maybe leave yourself with an uphiller instead downhill or severe slide slope. 

I need to get off of light duty at work so I can start playing again!!

Edited by pulledabill

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Added my name to the Google Docs spreadsheet though I won't be able to start until April unless we get a very early spring.

My friends and I have been doing this the last few years.  It's a fun little side challenge to keep things interesting throughout the entire season.  Last year I birdied 16 of the 18 holes on my home course.  The two that I failed to birdie were:

Hole 7: a 404 yard par 4 that doglegs left.  Tee shot on this one is key.  There are bunkers on the left corner that force you to hit 260+ carry.  Water lines the right hand side so if you push or slice your shot you'll end up wet.  Surrounding the green is a large bunker short right and water on the right that loops behind the green.  The green itself is elevated and slopes back to front.  It really takes two very good shots and leaving yourself below the hole to have a legitimate chance at birdie.

Hole 18: a 347 yard par 4 straight uphill.  Bunkers on the left and OB right make this a tight driving hole.  It's a pretty steep climb the entire way so the 347 yards plays much longer (at least two clubs).  The green is usually the fastest of any on the course as it is elevated and has many large trees lining the back that have roots sucking the daily irrigation.

I birdied these two holes a combined 5 times in 2018 so hopefully they won't be an issue in 2020.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I'm in. My home course is as follows.

• Hole 1 | Par 4 | 385: The green is perched high above the fairway, with a false front that feeds the ball back 50 yards if 1/2 a club short.
  • Hole 2 | Par 4 | 368: Generally plays into the wind, but a real birdie chance when there's no wind.
  • Hole 3 | Par 4 |340: Driveable par 4 but trouble all around. 
  • Hole 4 | Par 3 | 190: Tough par 3 with a gully at the front of the green.
  • Hole 5 | Par 4 | 370: Straightforward par 4. Birdie-able.
  • Hole 6 | Par 5 | 570: Long par 5 with a big dog-leg to the left. Multi tiered green.
  • Hole 7 | Par 4 | 420: Plays shorter if you hit the perfect line and catch the steep slope, anything less than perfect is a long way out or in the trees.
  • Hole 8 | Par 3 | 154: Great par 3 that is difficult to hit and a tough green.
  • Hole 9 | Par 4 | 330: New green complex, with deep bunkers short, and a very slopey green.Easy birdie hole, but will be interesting as the new green gets quicker.
  • Hole 10 | Par 4 | 350: Short but narrow par 4. Can be set up very tough or easy depending on pin position.
  • Hole 11 | Par 4 | 395: Tough tee shot with deep fairway bunkers. Very difficult green, with lots of different slopes and the wind affects putting.
  • Hole 12 | Par 5 | 565: Plays long in the usual wind, but very birdieable..
  • Hole 13 | Par 3| 220: Very tough long par 3. Take par and be happy.
  • Hole 14 | Par 5 | 530: Straight par 5. One of the easiest holes on the course.
  • Hole 15 | Par 4 | 440: Long par 4 that has a deep bunker front right. Par is a good score.
  • Hole 16 | Par 4 | 405: Plays shorter than it's length. Dogleg left, the closer to the left rough the easier it plays.Good birdie chance.
  • Hole 17 | Par 3 | 152: Can play anywhere from 130 -190, depending on pin position. One of the longest greens I've seen, with a large right to left slope. Get the distance right and it's a good birdie chance, get it wrong 3 putt or worse is a chance.
  • Hole 18 | Par 4 | 390: Plays much tougher than it's length due to prevailing wind. Very sloping green adds to the difficulty.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

OK, I'm in.  I should be able to birdie all the holes.  I say this now because I've made more birdies this year so far than any other year by this time.  I'll be playing the Blues; probably singing them too.

1459325069_ColumbiaPointGCScorecard.thumb.jpeg.ec8bb617d00efda5aab28928048f3ca1.jpeg

EDIT:  (added hole descriptions)

#1:  Short opening hole; fairway slopes left to undulating rough and tricky lies.  Big hitters can drive green (I can’t) but bunkers right are penal.  Green is shared with Hole #4.

#2:  Another short hole with 3 bunkers 20-30y from green.  Grassy mounds left and right have severe lies.

#3:  Difficult hole; water down left side and in front of green. Steep grassy mounds on right mean downhill/sidehill lies for 2nd shot.  Must hit fairway.  Pothole bunker over water and large bunker to the right of green. Two-tiered green.

#4:  Par 3 hole that has 2 sections of green; one short with a bunker long and another bunker right; the other section the green is a carry over the bunker on the right and is shared with Hole #1.  Grassy mounds left and right.

#5:  Long straight par 5 hole; no bunkers.  Groups of trees in my landing areas for tee shot and 2nd shot.  Long narrow green; slopes off left, right and back where you can’t see the putting surface.  Usually plays straight into the wind.

#6:  Shorter par 5; goal post group of trees 80y off tee.  Bunkers left and right; mounds left and right.  Bunker short and left of green; trees right.

#7:  Straight hole usually into the wind with trees left and right 40y short of green to fit the 2nd shot through; slightly elevated long, narrow green.  No bunkers.  If you go left off the tee, you will be in the bunkers on hole #6.

#8:  Long par 3 usually into the wind; no bunkers.  Mounds left and right of 2-tiered long, narrow green.

#9:  Dogleg left par 5; cutting corner is not recommended if you can’t get to fairway; mounds and thick rough.  2nd shot is a layup short of pond.  Green is L-shaped 2-tiered green with angled approach.  Must carry over water for right part of green; left part of green is open but going long means difficult pitch from grassy mounds.

#10:  Straight par 4 into the wind with big tree on right at 150y; mounds and driving range left.  Landing area for tee shot is an upslope for me so I don’t get much roll.  Elevated green; bunker short right.

#11:  Straight par 4; difficult 2nd shot.  Trees short left and right and long narrow green with fall off left, right and long.  No bunkers.

#12:  Par 3 with water short right and bunker over the water and on the right.  Bunker long.  2-tiered green.  Wind into and from the left.

#13:  Straight par 5 into the wind.  Fairway drops off to mounds on the right.  Bunker short and left of green starting at 50y out.  Pot bunker long.

#14:  Risk/reward par 4.   I can’t drive it unless I have a favorable wind and the tee is up.  Bunker starting 30y short of green up to and in front of green; pond right of bunker and right of green.  Bunker long left.  2-tiered green.

#15:  Tough par 3 into the wind.  Long bunker right with pond right of bunker.  Grassy mounds left and long.

#16:  Par 4 with fairway dropping off to mounds on right with a few trees.  Bunker left 100 to 50y from green.  Another bunker short right.  Mounds left and long.

#17:  Par 3 with large trees short left with branches overhanging approach shot.  No bunkers, but grassy mounds on all sides.

#18:  Dogleg left Par 5.  Off the tee, large bunker on left, large grassy mounds on right.  Large tree at the corner of dogleg left of the fairway.  Bunker on the right starting at 175y from green that runs up to and in front of green with pond right of bunker.  Mounds left and long.  2 pot bunkers long.

My easiest holes:  1, 2, 4, 6, 17

My hardest holes: 

3, I must hit fairway to go for green over pond and 2-tiered green can be a difficult putt.  

5, I must hit 3 accurate shots to get to green (4 if into the wind)

7, uphill into the wind I am hitting 3W or 3H into the green

8, I usually hit 3W or 3H off the tee, sometimes 6i

9, It's easy to end up in the water or the mounds left if I bail out.

10, uphill hole I am hitting 3W or 3H into green

11, A 2nd shot hole; if I don't hit the ball straight it's a difficult pitch shot

18, I must hit a great tee shot for me to see around the tree at the dogleg.  It's a narrow opening to miss the tree and not go in the sand on the right.  If not a great tee shot, I have to lay up around 170y and approach with a 3H or lay up again down the fairway and try for an up/down par.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’ll give it a shot but it’s a long shot. Played my home course 39 times last year and here is my “Dream” score which is my best score on each hole.

IMG_0152.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

My wife's Ladies league keeps track of each player's best score on each of the holes over the course of the year...  called The Eclectic.  
I've birdied every hole at my course, but not sure if I have done it over one year.  I think so, just never kept a record.  

Our women's league does something similar, they hand out the award at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I play two "home" courses in Montana. I've made par on all of them so I'll try the birdie challenge. 

Madison Meadows (Ennis, MT)

image.png.fc612bdaecd9daacaba678dceddc67f2.png

Beaverhead GC (Dillon, MT)

image.png.36004ee2e7d5084e1d1a28656e9a4376.png

Hole #6 at Madison Meadows is a tough one to crack.  The green (left arrow) is elevated with a steep apron/false front requiring a carry onto the green.  Catch the back part of the green and it rolls down into a collection area.  It requires a 230+ carry to clear the ravine and hill in the center; and it's frequently into the wind.  A straight drive can continue through the fairway into a hazard - done it and that pisses me off.  Smack a great drive, right on-line, and lose a stroke 😬.  The safe drive is a 3w (driver with wind) to the right, but that makes the second shot longer. I've parred it several times but never birdied it... so this will be my #1 goal.

image.png.8ee84be549331c81bcf07c5c5284d62f.png

Guess I'd be playing from the bottom of the ravine!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’d love to enter, but there’s no way I can birdie every hole at my home course for the simple fact that I won’t have enough rounds to do it. The par threes will be really tough as not a single one plays less than 175 yards from the blue tees. Ugh.
I’ll try, but I’ve played there 18 years and haven’t birdied them all yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

26 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’d love to enter, but there’s no way I can birdie every hole at my home course for the simple fact that I won’t have enough rounds to do it. The par threes will be really tough as not a single one plays less than 175 yards from the blue tees. Ugh.
I’ll try, but I’ve played there 18 years and haven’t birdied them all yet!

(Cough) play better 🤣

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

(Cough) play better

All I need to do is get on the “Ryan Plan” and play four times a week!!! Ain’t got no almonds in Louisiana, though!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

After going back to look at my 2020 scorecards to record my birdie holes this year... I started thinking.  Usually that's a big mistake, but I couldn't help it.

I'm wondering if this "birdie every hole" challenge will affect my play on those holes that I need to birdie.  Will I play those holes differently... more aggressively?  I don't usually make a bunch of birdies; but I feel like I scramble for pars fairly well.  My birdies come when I least expect it.  I may start trying too hard and make a bunch of doubles instead!!

Most birdies ever in a week (4), and 3 of them from different courses 😂.  First one down at the home course though!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

After going back to look at my 2020 scorecards to record my birdie holes this year... I started thinking.  Usually that's a big mistake, but I couldn't help it.

I'm wondering if this "birdie every hole" challenge will affect my play on those holes that I need to birdie.  Will I play those holes differently... more aggressively?  I don't usually make a bunch of birdies; but I feel like I scramble for pars fairly well.  My birdies come when I least expect it.  I may start trying too hard and make a bunch of doubles instead!!

... Kenny, I think I can honestly say I never try to make a birdie on any hole. There are shots every now and then that are no brainers like a wide fairway with little rough and no bunkers, trees or water so attempting to hit a big drive is SOP. Or a pin placement in the middle of a big green that you can take dead aim. But most shots have a green, yellow or red light. Green may be a DI off the tee, yellow a hybrid/fw and red a driver with water on one side and a deep bunker on the other with a narrow landing area. Same thing on the greens when a pin tucked to the short side with the green sloping away and thick rough means green light is aim to the middle or even the far side of the green, yellow is starting on the far side and working the ball toward the pin and red is going right at it because you think you need a birdie.

... My point being you play each shot the way proper strategy dictates. Of course I have had the most birdies going at a green light pin, but I have also holed 40 foot putts for birdie after a red light pin had me play safe and smart. I think if you play every shot with the proper strategy instead of a potential score, birdies will take care of themselves.  

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Kenny, I think I can honestly say I never try to make a birdie on any hole. There are shots every now and then that are no brainers like a wide fairway with little rough and no bunkers, trees or water so attempting to hit a big drive is SOP. Or a pin placement in the middle of a big green that you can take dead aim. But most shots have a green, yellow or red light. Green may be a DI off the tee, yellow a hybrid/fw and red a driver with water on one side and a deep bunker on the other with a narrow landing area. Same thing on the greens when a pin tucked to the short side with the green sloping away and thick rough means green light is aim to the middle or even the far side of the green, yellow is starting on the far side and working the ball toward the pin and red is going right at it because you think you need a birdie.

... My point being you play each shot the way proper strategy dictates. Of course I have had the most birdies going at a green light pin, but I have also holed 40 foot putts for birdie after a red light pin had me play safe and smart. I think if you play every shot with the proper strategy instead of a potential score, birdies will take care of themselves.  

I agree with that.  However, I know that later on in the summer when there is one hole that I need to birdie to complete the challenge, I know I will be thinking about it on the tee, on my 2nd shot, and I dang well know that I will be thinking about it on that straight 6 foot birdie putt.  This could be the most pressure I feel since I quit playing tournaments!!

The good news is that I birdied several of my hardest holes already this year, so I got that going for me... which is nice!

I'm in for the birdie/eagle challenge.  So far, I've played the front 9 a lot more than the back and I've got a big jump on that side.  It's been so wet though, the par 5s are playing much longer and I've not yet had an eagle, but I have birdied 3/4.

Cherokee National - Gaffney, SC (blue tees)

cn-scorecard-back_orig.jpg

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

On 2/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, NoSpoon said:

Easiest holes for me: 3, 4, 9, 10, 14, 17

Hardest holes for me: 1, 2, 5, 12, 15, 16

Happy to report that with a few weekend course openings already this season, I've made some progress on this challenge even in the New England weather!

I think I was very much correct about the easiest holes... I've already completed all but 1 of those pars.  However, I was pleased to note that I've parred two of the hard holes as well.  Seems like a real possibility I can finish this off in the next couple months, and then start the birdie challenge.  I doubt I'll complete all 18 of those, but I would be thrilled to make 9.

Driver:   :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5* ... MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 (s)
Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)
Irons:    6-Gw :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal ... Aerotech SteelFiber i95 (s)
Wedges:  :ping-small:  Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52*/56* ... AWT 2.0 (w)
Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red "L" Neck
Ball:  MfleKCg.jpg Pro

I'm in for birdies, I'll be playing the Blue tees at Stoneleigh Golf Club in Round Hill, VA (6234 yards, 72.0/135).  Only one round so far this year, and only one birdie.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

... This thread has me thinking there are many ways to accomplish a task. The chances of me making birdie on every hole on my most played course are slim but possible. Reading Dave playing a 6234 yd course caused my light bulb to illuminate! The most difficult hole is a 431 yd par 4 uphill and into the prevailing wind. The wind can be much stronger at the top of the hill up at the green than you can feel from the fairway making a GIR a very tough proposition. Par is a great score but birdies are extremely rare. Soooooo near the end of the season I can move up to the 409 tees. Duh! I play this Links Style treeless course from the tips at 6893 or 6466 depending on the wind although it is a rare windless or light wind day that allows me to play from the back tees. But since I am a 66yr old senior, moving up to the tees at 6054 (where most of the people I am paired up with play) just might give me a shot at making birdies on the last few holes that eluded me. And if that doesn't work I can join my wife at the forward tees!  🤪

Count me in as well! I don't yet have a home course, but I think I've got two that I will frequent quite a bit. I guess I'll just keep track of both and see how it plays out!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour