Our Sponsors

This is an idea I first heard about from the guys at No Laying Up and just today Andrew Jensen
. I'm proposing a MyGolfSpy Birdie Every Hole on Your Home Course Challenge for the 2020 season!
The challenge is simple: during the course of the year, you have to record a birdie on each hole at your home course. (I suppose it doesn't have to be your home course: if you visit a new track and shoot a 54, that would count as well.)
Start posting now with a summary of the challenge in front of you. What's the layout of your course? What holes are the easy birdies, and which are the holes you're least likely to birdie?
And to make sure no one's left out, there are two side categories:
  • The Par Every Hole at Your Home Course Challenge (PEHaYHC)
  • The Birdie Every Hole Except the Par 5s Which You Have to Eagle Challenge (BEHEP5WYHtE)
Let us know which category you're entering, and let's see who can get it done this season!
EDIT: I've whipped up a simple scoreboard to keep track of the birdies as they roll in! Use your forum name, pick your category (pars, birdies, or birdie/eagles), and put an "x" in the box when you accomplish your goal for each hole: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P9-C6rS1vIO44rYbPDqQgLlTxGxYQtsQHAs31t1j_sU/edit?usp=sharing

Our golf group has done this for years as a “Ringer” competition on each course.... it’s amazing to see how low the scores are by year end!! I’ve never simply counted to see if each hole has been birdied!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an idea I first heard about from the guys at No Laying Up and just today Andrew Jensen posted a YouTube video on it. I'm proposing a MyGolfSpy Birdie Every Hole on Your Home Course Challenge f

Too much to type every hole on my phone but we do this every year at my club and it is called “The Ringer”. I won it last year with a score of -23 for the year on a par 71 course. I birdied every hole

Definitely! As commissioner of this here enterprise, I'm a total pushover 🙂 In fact, I'm willing to add this: if you're playing in a scramble and your group happens to birdie a hole using all you

Posted Images

... I had 17 holes checked off in August but #7 remained elusive. A 431 yd par 4 that is uphill for the second shot and usually into a 10-20 mph prevailing wind making it play more like 475 or longer. You never feel the full force of the wind til you get to the green so it is extremely difficult to choose the right club. 3 times this Sumer it played downwind and I had 3 birdie putts of 20 feet or more but did not make any of them. Finally made a birdie with very little wind when I hit my 17* Super Hybrid as well as I can hit it and hoped it would be close because you can't see the green from your second shot. Looked to be about 5-8 feet right of the pin but it must have caught the slope because it was about 6" left of the hole for a tap in. Probably played there 50 times this year and this was the only truly makable putt. Whew! 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

I am at 9 right now.  Looking at the score card, I am going to need some magic to get the other 9.  Although I have the one I thought to be impossible for me checked off already. Number 7, something about that hole just doesn’t suit my eye.  It’s an easy hole, I just hit it Near the OB right behind some trees, makes it hard to get home in 3... Par 5.

i have 3 more... but they are from November of last year.  FY or CY I still don’t make it! Haha.

16 down two to go.......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I feel like I've been absent from this thread for a couple of months, but I finally got one more over the weekend, with a chip-in birdie 3 on the long downhill 8th at Stoneleigh.  Two more to go, #9 (short sharp dogleg left par 4) and #14 (420-yard downhill par 4).

• Like 1

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back on the course, I ticked off two additional holes over the weekend. Birdied the 7th by making a long putt after getting on in regulation, and birdied the 5th (index 1 hole) by hitting an incredible drive, setting up the opportunity to hit a wedge in. Got it close and made the putt.

With my ones remaining, there is a par 5 that is only a matter of time before a birdie happens (there have been many close birdie putts). Some of the others are looking less likely.

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                         Tracy 33"

:bridgestone-small:      Tour BX

One left and it has been my Achilles this year.  Have made par from the most improbable places in 3 years past; but for whatever reason I'm stuck.

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

I didn't jump in the challenge, but chiming in anyway.  Friend of mine got me started checking holes off "The List" when I started playing with him a dozen years ago.  In 2020, I have holes 3, 11, and 13 left.  

11 is a 380 yd par 4, elevated green (20-25 feet), oblong/oval shape green from back left to front right, with a couple ugly slopes.  13 is a 175 par 3 with a large green, sloped with tricky small undulation.

And #3, a 120 yd downhill par 3 with water left, long, and front right, and a 40 yd wide green.  I've missed any number of birdie putts there, including a lipped out six footer just before our snow storm a few weeks ago.  Of all the holes....

Still have two rounds left.  So I got that going for me.  Which is nice.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

Not sure how many rounds I’ll still be able to play with the weather here in WI but it looks like I’m going to fall one hole short in my birdie challenge.

The most frustrating part is the hole isn’t even all that difficult. 412 yard par 4 that’s rated as the 5th toughest hole on the course. I’ve had plenty of chances at birdie but just wasn’t able to make any putts on the tough green.

Oh well. Maybe next year!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

Played quite well on the whole today. Made 3 birdies but made one on a new hole. An eagle putt on another hole grazed the edge.

Longest par 3, hit a 5 iron to inside 3 feet. Also won $40 from a nearest to the pin competition.

Edited by Blueberry_Squishie

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                         Tracy 33"

:bridgestone-small:      Tour BX