Our Sponsors

My “home” course is such trash right now. There’ll be no birdies on every hole this year. I’ve played 10/11 of my recent rounds at other courses in the area. I’m not going to keep paying for crap just because it’s closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Sad 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is an idea I first heard about from the guys at No Laying Up and just today Andrew Jensen posted a YouTube video on it. I'm proposing a MyGolfSpy Birdie Every Hole on Your Home Course Challenge f

Too much to type every hole on my phone but we do this every year at my club and it is called “The Ringer”. I won it last year with a score of -23 for the year on a par 71 course. I birdied every hole

Definitely! As commissioner of this here enterprise, I'm a total pushover 🙂 In fact, I'm willing to add this: if you're playing in a scramble and your group happens to birdie a hole using all you

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I had totally forgotten I could sign up as par every hole, being a terrible golfer. I have updated the spreadsheet, but clearly have a lot of work to do....

I think every skill level golfer will see the same anticipation, frustration, satisfaction no matter whether they try to birdie, par or bogey every hole.  While the goal is important; it's also the road to get there.  

For me right now, the pressure has built up when I get to a hole that I need.  I can only imagine what it will be like near the end of 2020, and I need that last hole.  I may have to take a bucket of balls to that hole!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Halfway there...finally!   Now if I could only hole some putts 🤦‍♂️

Atleast you have some! No chirps for me yet! This has been difficult lol

• Like 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

10 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Halfway there...finally!   Now if I could only hole some putts 🤦‍♂️

When I get to one of the holes I need, I seem to mis-hit the ball tee to green... OR when I do get on the green, I hit the worst putt of the day.  Next hole, I'm fine.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

When I get to one of the holes I need, I seem to mis-hit the ball tee to green... OR when I do get on the green, I hit the worst putt of the day.  Next hole, I'm fine.

ALL MENTAL! I struggle with this as well and I know once I start racking a few birdies up (will probably start in July when I play my best golf) I will start having these mentals in the background saying: 

image.jpeg.2141eb4af1c84c0875cd286ff2a1d0e4.jpeg

• Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Been struggling with this for the last 2 months or so as well. Missed a TON of shorties to close out holes. I got 2 on Sunday though thanks to playing side games with my playing partners that took my mind off of it.

• Like 3

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I have 3 holes left for the birdie portion. The problem is I have no eagles! I'll get the birdies eventually just tough birdie holes. The eagles may or may not happen 1 par 5 is just a tough eagle. 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have 3 holes left for the birdie portion. The problem is I have no eagles! I'll get the birdies eventually just tough birdie holes. The eagles may or may not happen 1 par 5 is just a tough eagle. 

Plenty of time left ZIPR, summer hasn't even started yet!  That's pretty awesome though to only have 3 holes left at this point.  I'm sitting here with just one birdie on the year and it was at the wrong course!

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

32 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

... Good for you dude. I also have 3 birdies left but the days of eagling 3 of the 4 par 5's on this course are pretty much over. Only chance would be to hole a wedge. 538 on a dogleg right that I hit 7-5 iron off the tee because I can't carry the water at around 260. 543 slightly uphill the entire way I might reach with a very strong wind at my back but would take 2 perfect shots. 512 to a green surrounded by water so ... no. Now 18 is a 485 yarder I can reach with the right wind, but the front is guarded by 4 deep bunkers. So LOL, birdie only challenge for me. I am puling for your eagles though! 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

I'm a little late to the party, but will have a go at my "home" course and try for the birdie challenge. My "home" course that I play the most is a Robert Trent Jones (Oxmoor Valley - Valley) course.  I have only made 2 birdies so far, but have made 14/18 on the par challenge. 

I play from the Orange tees. A lot of elevation change and tiers on the green. Need to start finding the right tier to have a shot at more birdies..

image.png.b931a773f1cbd124a3a3e1d4ccf04f86.png

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I feel your pain Kenny.  My putting is the worst it ever has been lately.  Spent an hour and a half just banging 3-10ft putts yesterday before going out and playing.  I scored on 1, 5, 9 yesterday but already had them checked off.  Headed back in the right direction now.

11 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Atleast you have some! No chirps for me yet! This has been difficult lol

Keep swinging, they are coming! 

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Posted (edited)

I'm going to get started on the birdie challenge from when we in Victoria, Australia were permitted to play golf again. Best result so far in bold.

My home course is Werribee Park Golf Club:

Hole 1 (Index 15) - Dogleg right Par 4 with OB right. Put your tee shot between the fairway bunkers (I take a hybrid, driver is too long), then a wedge in. Par

Hole 2 (Index 11) - Straight Par 4 with OB right and fairway bunkers left. I can fly the bunkers and leave a wedge in. Birdie 30/6

Hole 3 (Index 17) - Par 3 with a large green and bunkers around. Normally a mid to long iron off the tee. Birdie 18/7

Hole 4 (Index 10) - Par 5 with OB right the entire hole, and a severe downslope about 270m from the tee. With a good drive can reach in 2. Birdie 18/7

Hole 5 (Index 1) - Par 4 with slight dogleg. Tee shot is back up the slope parallel to 4th. A great tee shot leaves a mid iron approach to a large, sloping green. Birdie 2/11

Hole 6 (Index 4) - Par 4 hitting back down the slope again. Trees and rough on the left side (dead in there). Large bunker protects the front left of the green. Par

Hole 7 (Index 6) - Par 4 dogleg left. A fairway bunker dominates the tee shot. If you play your tee shot past the bunker, it's a short iron into a narrow green. Birdie 31/10

Hole 8 (Index 14) - Par 3 surrounded with bunkers with a gap front left. Normally a long iron in. - Birdie 23/5

Hole 9 (Index 8 ) - Straight Par 5. Difficult to reach in 2 as fairway narrows close to green and there are bunkers guarding the front of the green. - Birdie 23/5

Hole 10 (Index 3) - Straight Par 4. Often plays into the wind and is quite long. Long, straight drive sets a mid iron into the green. - Birdie 30/5

Hole 11 (Index 12) - Straight Par 5. Trees either side of the fairway so a straight tee shot sets up attacking in 2. Severe right to left slope on green. Birdie 23/6

Hole 12 (Index 9) - Dogleg right Par 4. Straight tee shot can setup a mid-short iron in. If you play too safe from the tee the approach is longer. Birdie 23/6

Hole 13 (Index 13) - Slight dogleg left Par 4. Cannot hit tee shot left but there is room to the right. Normally firm green is elevated and protected with bunkers. Birdie 14/6

Hole 14 (Index 5) - Dogleg right Par 4. A straight tee shot sets up a mid iron into the green. OB on the right but playing too far left leaves a long shot into the green. Birdie 30/6

Hole 15 (Index 18) - Par 3. Short iron into a well-bunkered and subtly sloped green. There are some difficult putts on this green leading to disappointing 4s. Par

Hole 16 (Index 2) - Par 5 with slight dogleg right. Drive down the middle or even slightly right of fairway. Difficult to reach in 2 so second needs to setup approach. Par

Hole 17 (Index 7) - Par 3 that plays uphill. A long iron/hybrid depending on the wind and pin position. Beyond the flag is bad as a severely downhill putt will result. Birdie 14/11

Hole 18 (Index 16) - Short Par 4. OB down the right with rough covering an almost cliff. Fairway bunkers left. Green slopes to the right so approaches can be tricky. Birdie 30/6

Edited by Blueberry_Squishie
  • Like 4

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                         Tracy 33"

:bridgestone-small:      Tour BX

My buddy and I started this as a competition. He's much better than I am 5 cap v. 20 cap. So we set it up like this; only count on rounds we play together, I have to par all 18 before he birdies the easiest 15. The setup is leaned towards me for sure, but its still a fun side match we keep and allows us to play different formats with other golfers at the same time. 

4 rounds in, I have 7 holes remaining he has 10. 

• Like 3

Cocorover 

Count me in, only had one round in two years so trying to find consistency to hit pars first, probably try birdie challenge after a month mayb two.

Home Course Pitreavie.

"C'mon be good"

On 6/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Mtbryant01 said:

I'm a little late to the party, but will have a go at my "home" course and try for the birdie challenge. My "home" course that I play the most is a Robert Trent Jones (Oxmoor Valley - Valley) course.  I have only made 2 birdies so far, but have made 14/18 on the par challenge. 

I play from the Orange tees. A lot of elevation change and tiers on the green. Need to start finding the right tier to have a shot at more birdies..

image.png.b931a773f1cbd124a3a3e1d4ccf04f86.png

I get to cross 2 holes off the list today for the birdie challenge while I have 2 holes left for the par challenge.

#2 - Played 180 into the breeze. Hit a 6 iron just off the left fringe in the first cut. Chipped in from about 40 feet. Two hop and a roll into the heart of the cup with left to right break. It was a beauty.

#15 - Piped a drive and hit a 56 degree to the green. Stuck it about 15 feet pin high and sank the left to right putt.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Another one crossed off, regulation birdie on par 5 12th. Good drive, good 3 wood, 70 yard pitch to 10 foot. Uphill putt with a little right to left. Very pleased to finally be playing this hole well, it should be straight forward but I've been struggling on it lately.

2/3 of the way there.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Another one down. So 4 birdied from 3 rounds. Hit it to the very safe side of the fairway, easy 9 iron to about 3 metres then holed the putt.

• Like 3

:cobra-small:            Cobra F9 10.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

:srixon-small:                     H85 16° and 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

:mizuno-small:                    MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 51°, 8° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 55°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:mizuno-small:                    T20 59°, 9° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

:yes-small:                         Tracy 33"

:bridgestone-small:      Tour BX

One more hole down.  Today I birdied #12, a par 3 playing 150y into a 20 mph wind from the left.  I aced this hole a few years ago; thought I did it again.  Ball ended up 5 feet behind the hole; looked a lot closer from the tee box.

I missed birdie putts on two of the other 5 holes I have left.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, Kenny B said:

Had my best look at par (birdie for handicap) on the toughest hole on the course yesterday.  Nice little 4-5 footer, with a left to right break.  Lipped all the way around the cup and out almost like Xander Schauffele's putt on 17.  Another day of wait to finish off the front 9. 

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9