TESTERS WANTED! ×

WITB of a dabbling beginner

First: welcome to the forum, and nice opening WITB! Looks like you've found a good place to start and you're putting thought into the clubs you have in the bag. As you're just starting out, what is your plan for getting better? Mostly playing, practice, lessons?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

First: welcome to the forum, and nice opening WITB! Looks like you've found a good place to start and you're putting thought into the clubs you have in the bag. As you're just starting out, what is your plan for getting better? Mostly playing, practice, lessons?

Thank you for the welcome.  Mostly playing right now.  I need to hit the range with my driver and 3W and restore confidence in them. If that doesn't work, then I will seek out lessons.  I've hit great shots for a beginner with both, but they haven't come consistently. 

I should also add on the note of the iron lofts, that the listed lofts change from Plus to Ultimate on Callaway's website.  Like I said, not really sure what I have.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Ya know... for a beginner set that equipment looks pretty nice. I'm curious to know what all that cost? Was it complete with the bag?

Assuming the set is fairly low cost I think that's a smart move. I can't count the number of people who have wanted to learn to play golf and made the mistake of walking into a pro shop and then a short time later (and $1,000 light in the wallet) realizing that golf is actually kind of hard. As the saying goes, "you can always go up but you can never go down."

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Ya know... for a beginner set that equipment looks pretty nice. I'm curious to know what all that cost? Was it complete with the bag?

Assuming the set is fairly low cost I think that's a smart move. I can't count the number of people who have wanted to learn to play golf and made the mistake of walking into a pro shop and then a short time later (and $1,000 light in the wallet) realizing that golf is actually kind of hard. As the saying goes, "you can always go up but you can never go down."

Nail on the head at the end.  I paid $220 for the Strata set (complete with bag).  I found it on Facebook's Yardsale page for my area.  The Texan Classics were $50 for the set and the Odyssey was an even $100 for Black Friday.  Certified Like New.  Still had the plastic on it.

My wife complained about the $220 for the set when I bought it and I tried to tell her I got into golf SUPER CHEAP.  A month or so later I went to Golf Headquarters in North Little Rock and the first set of irons she saw on the wall were Callaway's for $1,600.  She let fly a string of expletives and the store employees never paid her any attention.  Since then I haven't heard anything about my $370 worth of clubs.

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Welcome to the forum, Jason!  You've found a good place to be.  Congrats on the new set and finding this great and crazy game.  I was in your shoes 3 years ago.  This game has a lot of speedbumps along the way.  If you can find a good coach, I highly encourage lessons.  Regular lessons has helped my game tremendously.  But with those regular lessons was a lot of practice in between.  I hope your early golf journey is fruitful and you continue to enjoy this great game!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

9 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Welcome to the forum, Jason!  You've found a good place to be.  Congrats on the new set and finding this great and crazy game.  I was in your shoes 3 years ago.  This game has a lot of speedbumps along the way.  If you can find a good coach, I highly encourage lessons.  Regular lessons has helped my game tremendously.  But with those regular lessons was a lot of practice in between.  I hope your early golf journey is fruitful and you continue to enjoy this great game!

Thank you.  It may come down to lessons.  I struggle with a big ripe banana slice with driver and 3 wood.  It doesn't appear in my irons as often.   I made some progress last year and got to where I wasn't in the wrong fairway as often.  I had one round last June where I hit straight on almost every hole, but I haven't repeated that game.  

25 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

I haven't heard anything about my $370 worth of clubs.

You did well.

Just don't tell your wife about the $125 green fees. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

3 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

You did well.

Just don't tell your wife about the $125 green fees. LOL

Highest around here has been $65 for me.  Most of the courses near me are semi-private courses with the public courses being an hour or more away.  

3 hours ago, AmishJason said:

I started playing golf last year and decided on these Stratas because they were inexpensive and I wouldn't be upset if they got beat up during the learning process. 

I don't have much confidence in the driver, but that may just be down to swing errors because I have hit a few good drives with it.  Driver and 3W are graphite shafts. 

Four hybrid and five hybrid are fun to hit, but have a really high pitched TING sound when they make contact with the ball.

Irons are decent (again this is the perspective of a begginer).  They have a very appealing sound at impact.  They're cavity backs and have helped with the learning curve of golf.  Lofts unknown (will get to the later).

Wedges that came with the set have been horribly frustrating.  I was nearly unable to escape a sand bunker with the SW from the set.  Could've been operator error.  I dont use the Pitching Wedge from the set either.  Just never felt right.  Both clubs will likely be pulled from the bag in the future.

Texan Classics 52, 56, and 60 wedges.  Cheap forged wedges I found as a 3 piece set on Amazon.  I have been tickled with the 60 and so so with the 56.  Lots of trouble out of the 52, but my golfing buddy says its swing flaws.  

Strata mid mallet putter.  Out of the bag in a hurry.  Never had any power to it.  I was leaving everything short with this putter.  

Odyssey Red Ball mallet.  A fantastic upgrade.  White Hot face, Red Ball stance alignment sight, Odyssey pistol grip, but a non matching headcover.  I bought this putter Certified Pre-Owned from Callaway on Black Friday.

Not pictured: Srixon Q Star Tour 2 balls.  

I say the lofts on my Strata irons and wedges are unknown because I never found anything in the box that stated them.  The composition of the bag doesn't match the sets on Callaway's website.  The Strata Plus set should come with a 12.5 driver and only a 5H, but the Strata Ultimate set comes with the 10.5 driver and 4H and 5H.  

20200220_131410.jpg

20200220_131517.jpg

20190830_151321.jpg

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us, and you are off to a good start with those clubs.  

I know everyone is different, but when I started playing 28 years ago at age 45 I got a set of clubs and thought I was athletic enough to learn the game on my own.  I played a lot, and enjoyed it.  Then I decided to get lessons because I didn't think I was improving as fast as I thought I should.  Long story short... I would have been ahead of the game if I started with lessons.  It took me quite awhile to "unlearn" all the bad habits I had acquired.  Once I did, the improvements come much quicker.  I wasted a lot of time.

I hope you stick with it; it's a great game, and the forums are a nice place to hang out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined us, and you are off to a good start with those clubs.  
I know everyone is different, but when I started playing 28 years ago at age 45 I got a set of clubs and thought I was athletic enough to learn the game on my own.  I played a lot, and enjoyed it.  Then I decided to get lessons because I didn't think I was improving as fast as I thought I should.  Long story short... I would have been ahead of the game if I started with lessons.  It took me quite awhile to "unlearn" all the bad habits I had acquired.  Once I did, the improvements come much quicker.  I wasted a lot of time.
I hope you stick with it; it's a great game, and the forums are a nice place to hang out.

Welcome! You'll find lots of great feedback here along with encouragement.

As Kenny mentioned a few lessons early on will shorten the learning curve immensely. However, lessons without lots of practice after won't be money well spent. There's a set of Strata clubs at our local sim, I haven't hit them but can tell you that the grips on these clubs look like they were for very small hands. If you go to your local golf shop (Golfgalaxy PGASS, or other) they have samples of different grips and sizes and you should try each to see what's most comfortable. While you're there you can have them check the lofts for each of your clubs.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome fellow spy! If you're happy with the current setup, that's all that matters. If it works fine for your game more power to you

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

As Kenny mentioned a few lessons early on will shorten the learning curve immensely. However, lessons without lots of practice after won't be money well spent. There's a set of Strata clubs at our local sim, I haven't hit them but can tell you that the grips on these clubs look like they were for very small hands. If you go to your local golf shop (Golfgalaxy PGASS, or other) they have samples of different grips and sizes and you should try each to see what's most comfortable. While you're there you can have them check the lofts for each of your clubs.

I've been thinking about trying Golf Pride Align grips just to help take some of the guess work out of the learning stages.  In fact, I really should hurry up and figure out which ones I like and order them.  My time with a 40% discount and access to ones even the Pros dont have access to is running out! 🙃

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Totally agree.  Grips are your connection to the club.  If they aren't the correct size, or simply don't feel good, it will be hard to put a consistent swing on the ball.  If you have been playing these clubs for a year, the grips could be getting worn or the rubber is getting hard/slick.  If they are, the tendency is to grip the club harder which is not good.  Check with your local pro or the golf stores in your area to see what size grips fit your hand; generally regular or midsize depending hand size.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, AmishJason said:

I've been thinking about trying Golf Pride Align grips just to help take some of the guess work out of the learning stages.  In fact, I really should hurry up and figure out which ones I like and order them.  My time with a 40% discount and access to ones even the Pros dont have access to is running out! 🙃

Not to add complexity to this discussion - but you just might want to wait til you talk to an instructor before you have GP Align grips installed . Based on what the instructor observes he/she might have you switch to a 'strong' or 'weak' grip (position of the hands on the grip not how tightly you hold the club). If that's the case then the 'Align' part will be 'misaligned (no pun intended).  A golf shop will typically install grips that have an alignment mark/aid in the neutral position. 

As @Kenny B mentioned size matters so spend some time going through all of the samples at the golf shop (they are installed samples). Also keep in mind that you can have a layer(s) of tape installed underneath the new grips if you want something in between 2 sizes. 

FYI I did have GP Align grip on my old driver. However now I prefer a non-tapered grip for choking down on a club so I switched to MCC +4. Additionally I found more 'value' in the alignment aid.  I'll bet as you progress in the game you'll be switching out to different grips as well. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Thought I'd post a light hearted update.  Played Greystone CC today and they must put something special in their burgers 😊.  I was awful as usual at first on the front 9 with my driver, but after stopping at the turn to pick up said burger, my driver came to life.  Bomb sauce perhaps? 😄

11 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

Thought I'd post a light hearted update.  Played Greystone CC today and they must put something special in their burgers 😊.  I was awful as usual at first on the front 9 with my driver, but after stopping at the turn to pick up said burger, my driver came to life.  Bomb sauce perhaps? 😄

Golfers are superstitious.  Now you have to get the bomb sauce every time you play!!  😁

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Golfers are superstitious.  Now you have to get the bomb sauce every time you play!!  😁

Superstition may not be enough to make up for the 45 minute commute.😩

Those Texan Classic wedges are really cool. Great putter choice as well!

Taylormade M2 10.5 driver

Ben Hogan Golf 3 wood

Ben Hogan Golf Ft. Worth 4-PW

Ben Hogan Golf Equalizer 52, 56, 60

Ben Hogan Golf BHB01 putter

My start set was a set of Wilsons. Nothing but positive things to say about them. It's a great way of getting into the game immediately without overthinking the equipment. Good luck with the season!

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

My start set was a set of Wilsons. Nothing but positive things to say about them. It's a great way of getting into the game immediately without overthinking the equipment. Good luck with the season!

I was a tester for the C300's two yeas ago and they're still in the bag since they worked so well . At a fitting last year after trying lots of brands, the fitter recommended D7's with Recoils. Hope they make it in my bag this year. So I'm sticking with W/S.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

Bag update!  The Strata 3 Wood really wasn't doing anything for me.  Hitting it off the tee was ok at best, but as flimsy as the shaft flex felt, I have been reluctant to hit it from the fairway.  So, my nagging need to window shop finally paid off.  Quick shout out to Global Golf for the near immaculate condition of this club!  

Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid Hybrid, GP 360 Tour Velvet Grip, KBS Hybrid shaft S flex, and a beautiful GAPR unique headcover.  Didn't realize the tag was showing 2 when I took the picture, but thanks to a really smart design, thatbwas a simple pull and flip to display a 3 in the headcover window.  Can't wait to smash away with this one!

Related update, due to lack of fitting opportunities due to the current state if affairs, I've been trying Stiff flex shafts through demo programs as well as mid launch shafts.  I haven't lost any yardage and gained some accuracy as a result.  More to come in the distant future.

20200505_143943.jpg

20200505_143952.jpg

20200505_144003.jpg

20200505_144207.jpg

Welcome and thanks for the background.

On the loft question, there are spec's for a 2019 Strata set on the Callaway website.  Showed a 7-iron at 32* so a hair stronger than a classic 34* loft. They also show the 7-iron at 36.5" long which is between .5" and 1.0" shorter than some of their other current models. When you go in for a lesson or to get grips, might want to double check the lengths.

Think you made a very good choice in pulling the 3-wood and replacing with a GPR or a hybrid. Guessing you will make consistently better contact with the new weapon.

Got get 'em!

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

Bag update!  The Strata 3 Wood really wasn't doing anything for me.  Hitting it off the tee was ok at best, but as flimsy as the shaft flex felt, I have been reluctant to hit it from the fairway.  So, my nagging need to window shop finally paid off.  Quick shout out to Global Golf for the near immaculate condition of this club!  
Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid Hybrid, GP 360 Tour Velvet Grip, KBS Hybrid shaft S flex, and a beautiful GAPR unique headcover.  Didn't realize the tag was showing 2 when I took the picture, but thanks to a really smart design, thatbwas a simple pull and flip to display a 3 in the headcover window.  Can't wait to smash away with this one!

Related update, due to lack of fitting opportunities due to the current state if affairs, I've been trying Stiff flex shafts through demo programs as well as mid launch shafts.  I haven't lost any yardage and gained some accuracy as a result.  More to come in the distant future.
20200505_143943.thumb.jpg.994942ae80dfb00d69b90026dc6f63a7.jpg
20200505_143952.thumb.jpg.39c1d8279408902554ba4c022a49b25d.jpg
20200505_144003.thumb.jpg.aebf54c107ee3cd894bd6a55cb815949.jpg
20200505_144207.thumb.jpg.fc6932c289c6aa23345e935718df4d83.jpg

That is a nice looking club, local shop never brought them in. Best of luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

41 minutes ago, jkpigott said:

Welcome and thanks for the background.

On the loft question, there are spec's for a 2019 Strata set on the Callaway website.  Showed a 7-iron at 32* so a hair stronger than a classic 34* loft. They also show the 7-iron at 36.5" long which is between .5" and 1.0" shorter than some of their other current models. When you go in for a lesson or to get grips, might want to double check the lengths.

Think you made a very good choice in pulling the 3-wood and replacing with a GPR or a hybrid. Guessing you will make consistently better contact with the new weapon.

Got get 'em!

I have to agree that the Stratas are shorter than normal.  The two Ben Hogan Edge Irons that I demoed were 1 inch longer and I found them easier to hit/get turf interaction with.  I also have a lot of toe shots with the Stratas and have been wondering about the length for a bit.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, AmishJason said:

I started playing golf last year and decided on these Stratas because they were inexpensive and I wouldn't be upset if they got beat up during the learning process. 

I don't have much confidence in the driver, but that may just be down to swing errors because I have hit a few good drives with it.  Driver and 3W are graphite shafts. 

Four hybrid and five hybrid are fun to hit, but have a really high pitched TING sound when they make contact with the ball.

Irons are decent (again this is the perspective of a begginer).  They have a very appealing sound at impact.  They're cavity backs and have helped with the learning curve of golf.  Lofts unknown (will get to the later).

Wedges that came with the set have been horribly frustrating.  I was nearly unable to escape a sand bunker with the SW from the set.  Could've been operator error.  I dont use the Pitching Wedge from the set either.  Just never felt right.  Both clubs will likely be pulled from the bag in the future.

Texan Classics 52, 56, and 60 wedges.  Cheap forged wedges I found as a 3 piece set on Amazon.  I have been tickled with the 60 and so so with the 56.  Lots of trouble out of the 52, but my golfing buddy says its swing flaws.  

Strata mid mallet putter.  Out of the bag in a hurry.  Never had any power to it.  I was leaving everything short with this putter.  

Odyssey Red Ball mallet.  A fantastic upgrade.  White Hot face, Red Ball stance alignment sight, Odyssey pistol grip, but a non matching headcover.  I bought this putter Certified Pre-Owned from Callaway on Black Friday.

Not pictured: Srixon Q Star Tour 2 balls.  

I say the lofts on my Strata irons and wedges are unknown because I never found anything in the box that stated them.  The composition of the bag doesn't match the sets on Callaway's website.  The Strata Plus set should come with a 12.5 driver and only a 5H, but the Strata Ultimate set comes with the 10.5 driver and 4H and 5H.  

20200220_131410.jpg

20200220_131517.jpg

20190830_151321.jpg

Hell of a first post and honest I like it. If I just picked up golf I would decide going the same route. Cheap set I can beat up and get comfortable with the game. I think 99.9% of us can say our first set was a Wilson special from wal-mart for a 100 bucks. I hope you enjoy the game and can get yourself an expensive set and kick yourself for it later 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Keep at it; you're off to a great start and agree with picking up some used sticks and keeping your new pastime affordable.  Believe me, I know what it's like to have a significant other who's not always understanding of the costs that can be associated with this game.

The others on this post that have commented are spot-on too....invest in lessons over equipment right now.  Don't spend swing after swing ingraining bad habits and teaching yourself compensation after compensation. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Hell of a first post and honest I like it. If I just picked up golf I would decide going the same route. Cheap set I can beat up and get comfortable with the game. I think 99.9% of us can say our first set was a Wilson special from wal-mart for a 100 bucks. I hope you enjoy the game and can get yourself an expensive set and kick yourself for it later 🤣

I went to Golf Headquarters last year just to look around one day and my wife happened to be with me.  The first set of irons on the rack right inside the door were the then new Callaway APEX Irons.  She let fly a few choice words when she saw the pricetag.  I took the moment to remind her of my cheapness. I haven't heard a word since.

3 minutes ago, AmishJason said:

I went to Golf Headquarters last year just to look around one day and my wife happened to be with me.  The first set of irons on the rack right inside the door were the then new Callaway APEX Irons.  She let fly a few choice words when she saw the pricetag.  I took the moment to remind her of my cheapness. I haven't heard a word since.

Just use the old "these are used and were 1200$ brand new! I am getting them for 700$ its a steal!" works evertyime.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, AmishJason said:

20200505_143943.jpg

20200505_143952.jpg

20200505_144003.jpg

20200505_144207.jpg

good luck with the gapr mid, i hope the face is bigger than my gapr lo.  If i hit mine solid it goes a long way, still getting used to it.  Good luck with yours, let me know how you like it.

callaway rogue pw-4, +1/2 long 1/2 flat...stiff flex. Sm6 50*06, sm5 56*14, sm5 60*07...taylormade gapr lo 3 stiff set to about a 2 iron loft.

im currently in the market for a driver stiff flex

right habded

long island, Ny

roughly 27 handicap

20191026_175155.jpg

20161007_160632.jpg

20161007_094834.jpg