TESTERS WANTED! ×

Driver test????

Tsecor

My guess would be 2-3 weeks. Testing finished last week now they need to process the data and write the story

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

My guess would be 2-3 weeks. Testing finished last week now they need to process the data and write the story

I bet Harry is excited to get that over with.  He looked exhausted in the more recent No Putts podcasts.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

2 hours ago, AmishJason said:

I bet Harry is excited to get that over with.  He looked exhausted in the more recent No Putts podcasts.

It doesn't end,  we are in the middle of blade putter testing, followed by mallets, and then the rest of the bag.  I anticipate I will be testing through the summer.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, AmishJason said:

This is only the beginning.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

IT NEVER ENDS!     ...which is great for us. Thanks

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

When is the driver test going to be released????

Not to hijack the thread but........when is the iron test going to start

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

It doesn't end,  we are in the middle of blade putter testing, followed by mallets, and then the rest of the bag.  I anticipate I will be testing through the summer.  

While being a most wanted tester sounds good to the everyday golfers ears, I don’t think anyone appreciates just how much time and effort a tester actually puts in.

cheers to ya cnosil, and the rest of y’all, a heartfelt thank you for all the work you guys (and gals?) put in. The results are always read by millions of users, and I would imagine, the manufacturers as well. Keeps them honest !

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Not to hijack the thread but........when is the iron test going to start

Wish I had see this earlier, I was looking at the schedule a couple of hours ago. My best recollection is end of March early April. Blade putters, then mallet, then I think irons start.

While being a most wanted tester sounds good to the everyday golfers ears, I don’t think anyone appreciates just how much time and effort a tester actually puts in.
cheers to ya cnosil, and the rest of y’all, a heartfelt thank you for all the work you guys (and gals?) put in. The results are always read by millions of users, and I would imagine, the manufacturers as well. Keeps them honest !

Thanks. It is a time commitment. Nice thing is the testers can choose what they want to test. I love doing the testing; great opportunity to test stuff from clubs to all the soft goods and Let’s me get some hands on time with things before buy them. If I wasn’t testing at MGS I would be at the golf stores doing the same thing, but with less variety.

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Wish I had see this earlier, I was looking at the schedule a couple of hours ago. My best recollection is end of March early April. Blade putters, then mallet, then I think irons start.

Thanks. It is a time commitment. Nice thing is the testers can choose what they want to test. I love doing the testing; great opportunity to test stuff from clubs to all the soft goods and Let’s me get some hands on time with things before buy them. If I wasn’t testing at MGS I would be at the golf stores doing the same thing, but with less variety.

its funny because I tested the Atomic Irons and did a bunch of work with that and it was exhausting..and that was 1 iron set!!!  i cant even imagine doing 25 sets or more....its insane. As a consumer, i really appreciate it. 

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

its funny because I tested the Atomic Irons and did a bunch of work with that and it was exhausting..and that was 1 iron set!!!  i cant even imagine doing 25 sets or more....its insane. As a consumer, i really appreciate it. 

Don't let Cnosil fool you.  They have to kick him out of the lab most nights.  I think he would bring a cot in there and take up residence if they let him. 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

It it totally different than doing a forum test.  With a forum test,  you are doing all the analysis, putting together the story,  answering forum questions, and figuring out the best way to test.   With most wanted testing it is go to the office,   spend about an hour hitting shots, and then giving some feedback on each club.  For drivers it was about 10 sessions so I had 10-12 hours invested.  The bonus is that you can hang out and hit the different clubs they have or bring your own and do some practice and use the GC Quad to get some numbers.

15 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Don't let Cnosil fool you.  They have to kick him out of the lab most nights.  I think he would bring a cot in there and take up residence if they let him. 😎

Yep,  I have been told to leave a few times and yes I have asked for a key so that I could get in some late night practice sessions  🙂 

22 hours ago, cnosil said:

Cool - can't wait. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll get my annual work bonus in mid March. At which point I'm going to be looking to acquire a new driver. My F7+ is a good stick, but I want something new. I might even go to Club Champion for a fitting. I'm a builder, and have been for decades, and I think I can fit myself fairly well. But being able to hit multiple head and shaft combos isn't something I get to do much of. And I don't see very many demo days anywhere close to where I live. And Club Champ will be over an hour away. So the most wanted test will be closely reviewed when it comes out...

Edited by therod