Sign in to follow this  
jlock25

Ben Hogan Clubs

Our Sponsors

Trying out the Equalizer wedges and the irons now on their tryout program.

I just ordered a Ft Worth 24° utility iron as a 5 iron replacement.  We'll see how it goes.

Have a set of PTx Pros - really like them, and the Ft Worth HI utility irons are very easy to hit, even if they do look like blades. 

Very anxious to try the Icons.

• Like 3

I just ordered a set of nickel chrome Icon irons.  Will try them when I get them.  I currently game the 1999 Apex blades.

• Like 3

I have a set of the PTx Pro Black , with the Ft. Worth HI in 4/5/6 irons.  Can't say enough about the Hi's.  Seriously as good or better than any hollow body for filled club out there.  The irons are great too, especially for the price!

I just got a set of the ptxpro’s and a set of the equalizer wedges. I only got about 5-6 rounds tho, but nothing but high marks. But that was coming from playing mizuno blades.

they feel fantastic, and the v-sole gets thru the turf really nicely the sound they make is also very good, probably contributes to the brain thinking they feel good.

they spin nicely too, and hold greens really well. High soaring shots. And this is with the kbs V-tour 110 shafts, which are supposed to be med flight and low spin shafts.
one of my regular playing partners says he thinks they’re a much better fit for me than the blades were. I’ve also shot some better scores.  
so I don’t have much to say in a negative light, but lots of positives.

Have the PTx’s with Tk15 Wedges.....currently using the Wedges with my Wilson D7’s

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I was able to test out the Edge irons for 2 weeks before this virus shut everything down. They sent a 6 and a 9 iron, the irons came in a KBS S Taper 115 shaft. They looked great, but the head itself was too heavy and I wasn't feeling the shaft. If they were to offer it with a different shaft might have been a better experience. 

1 minute ago, SoFloGolfer24 said:

I was able to test out the Edge irons for 2 weeks before this virus shut everything down. They sent a 6 and a 9 iron, the irons came in a KBS S Taper 115 shaft. They looked great, but the head itself was too heavy and I wasn't feeling the shaft. If they were to offer it with a different shaft might have been a better experience. 

Forgot to mentioned, to me, the grips were a bit too big. 

Tried a set of the original PTx irons, really liked them, don't know why I got rid of them, just like shiny new things I guess.