Quigleyd

Bag Suggestions

Our Sponsors

Looking for a non denominational stand bag. Nothing too small as I do frequently rid. Need something kinda dual purpose. I think I would say Ping bags are ok as they seem to be a bit of a catch all in the bag world. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Looking for a non denominational stand bag. Nothing too small as I do frequently rid. Need something kinda dual purpose. I think I would say Ping bags are ok as they seem to be a bit of a catch all in the bag world. 

I have to ask: what is a "non denominational" stand bag?

• Haha 4

What do you want from a stand bag perspective, a large bag that just has a stand for convenience or do you plan on carrying the bag while playing? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

You or revkev are the perfect people to ask that question.  Just made me laugh.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, jlukes said:

What do you want from a stand bag perspective, a large bag that just has a stand for convenience or do you plan on carrying the bag while playing? 

This ^^^. If you want a large bag with a stand I highly recommend you check out the Ogio Alpha Convoy RTC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Something not Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno, etc. haha. I guess I was trying to be funny and failed. Happens all the time really. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, jlukes said:

I am thinking something on the larger side. I don't mind a bit of weight when I walk. 

Something not Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno, etc. haha. I guess I was trying to be funny and failed. Happens all the time really. 

I thought It was very funny; golfspy MPR asking what you meant made it funnier.

Will if you are ruling out the Mizuno BR D4 bag due to it's religious beliefs, I would look at the Sun Mountain 4.5.  Really great carry bag, but still plenty of room

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a hodge podge bag of clubs brands that can change like the wind. That is why I am thinking to avoid OEM branded bags. I do really like the Mizuno pro 6 way bag though. 

Ping Hoofer, Mizuno BRD4 and Titleist 5 Hybrid are probably the 3 best stand bags that work on carts and push carts due to their design.  Sun Mountain 4.5 would do okay on carts, but the base isn't great for push carts

• Love 1

I have a hodge podge bag of clubs brands that can change like the wind. That is why I am thinking to avoid OEM branded bags. I do really like the Mizuno pro 6 way bag though. 

All the more reason to just pick a bag. I just ordered a callaway bag and I don’t play a single callaway club.

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

All the more reason to just pick a bag. I just ordered a callaway bag and I don’t play a single callaway club.

True.

32 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I like that way of referring to it. I was thinking a bag without too many dividers, so I was totally on the wrong track 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I like that way of referring to it. I was thinking a bag without too many dividers, so I was totally on the wrong track 🙂

I think many times I am the only one that gets my jokes. 

• Haha 1

If price is a concern look at sun mountain. If you aren’t worried about price then vessel 

• Like 2

I totally knew what you meant by "non-denominational".

For some strange reason, I can't have a giant logo for a company that is not represented in my bag (if they make clubs). I think I can get over it - the course I play for league had a nice looking Cobra-branded bag that was on sale last fall. If they still have when league starts, I may give it a shot. Neither of the two stand bags I have fit properly between the supports of my push cart (the leg mounts just won't slide under the edge of the top support).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I totally knew what you meant by "non-denominational".

For some strange reason, I can't have a giant logo for a company that is not represented in my bag (if they make clubs). I think I can get over it - the course I play for league had a nice looking Cobra-branded bag that was on sale last fall. If they still have when league starts, I may give it a shot. Neither of the two stand bags I have fit properly between the supports of my push cart (the leg mounts just won't slide under the edge of the top support).

I feel you on this one. I don't feel i can wear stuff from brands I don't play/use, or a course I haven't played... but it did just get a nice Kapalua hat from someone, so might hafta break it.

as for bags, i just revisited Dave Wolfe's post about Transrover and and it is pretty badass!!

• Like 2

Based on the numbers I see out on the course, the Ping Hoofer is not surprisingly the most common stand bag for walkers. Probably Sun Mountain second. Cart bags, no contest, Sun Mountain C130 far outnumber any competitor.

If I were selecting a new one for myself that needed a stand, I’d probably select the sun mountain C130 stand bag for driving range, practice convenience that I can load everything for my travel golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jones bags!!! Done, and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2