Our Sponsors

On 3/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, PMookie said:

Jones bags!!! Done, and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree on the Jones bag 110%. In the past few years I have had my issues about being a "free sandwich man" in other words advertising for free. One of the reasons for the Jones bag or my Burton Mini Staff which is non branded. Jones bags IMHO have both of the qualities of a stand bag and are tough enough to take being put on a riding cart. Besides LOL if you look at my signature most of the stuff I play they do not make any more. But if someone really wants to get technical I still have a Green and White Macgregor mini staff bag

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Jones bags are awesome...as a caddy, those were one of the most popular member bags in the late 90’s. They’re definitely a great product.

If I’m buying a bag tomorrow? It’s a PING. I’ve had three and the only reason I’ve needed more than one was college required me to change to a team bag and while working as a club pro, my boss didn’t want me using my college bag.
I still have and use my PING JBag from 2006 and it’s in awesome shape.

PING bags have less moving parts and less moving parts mean less things to break.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, PMookie said:

Jones bags!!! Done, and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After reading this and looking for some time. I am sold on the jones and that is what I have coming. Love it.

image.jpeg.68ba7b921cadda9ba62c72ac59d60cca.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at Datrek bags.  I have one that is about 5 years old and still holding up well after about 400 rounds on it.  I ride a lot but also use it on a push cart.  It is lite weight with 15 dividers and lots of pockets.  The cooler pocket is in front instead of on the side which helps when you are on a riding cart.   

Ping G400 Max driver | Ping G410 3 & 5 fairway woods | Titleist 818 H1 4 & 5 hybrids | Titleist 718 AP1 irons | Titleist SM6 52 F & 56M wedges | Rife Mid Mallet 400 putter | Bushnell NEO Ghost GPS | Snell MTB-X yellow / Srixon Q Star Tour yellow ball | GHIN hcp floats between 10 & 14

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 2 weeks later...

Please do yourself a favor and get the Jones Utility Trouper. I've gamed it for over a year and has plenty of space for all your things while also being light and functional enough to carry for multiple rounds a day. I've walked 36 regularly with it. Plus it has no flashy logos and the color options pair nicely with whatever headcovers you rock.

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I have a sunday bag that I like bc of how lightweight it is for an evening 9, casual round, par 3 course, etc... Does anyone have good recommendations for lightweight bags with stands. My only gripe with my sunday bag is that there is no stand and sometimes in the morning or after rain will get wet when I have to lay it down. Thanks! 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I purchased the Nike Air Hybrid bag and I love it. It is a tad heavy but it's like a cart bag with a stand, it also has the options to easily un-clip the straps, I cart a lot so it was a no brainier for me. I have also walked it on a short par 3 course and the straps felt great. I got the other model for my wife, the Nike Air sport, and that feels a lot lighter and the perfect one for walking.   

:callaway-small: Driver: GBB Epic 10.5*
:callaway-small: 3 Wood: Epic Flash
:callaway-small: 4 Hybrid: Epic Flash
:callaway-small: Irons:  - PW Rogue 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50*, SM7 56*, 60*
:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Putter: California Fastback 35" w Red Cord Dancing SC Grip
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag
:titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Ball: Tour Soft or e12

Still learning. Love the art of putting.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:13 PM, boat22 said:

I have a sunday bag that I like bc of how lightweight it is for an evening 9, casual round, par 3 course, etc... Does anyone have good recommendations for lightweight bags with stands. My only gripe with my sunday bag is that there is no stand and sometimes in the morning or after rain will get wet when I have to lay it down. Thanks! 

Check out the Sun Mountain 2.5.  I had my first one for three years and only swapped it out because the green fabric started to fade a bit, and I caught an insane sale on them at GG.  So I'm on my second one now (black and red single strap).  First one is holding old clubs in the garage.

Insanely light, and they do fine with 14 clubs as long as you do not play oversize grips or have a thick SuperStroke on your putter.  With a short set and a handful of balls, it's like you're not carrying anything at all.  They do twist around on my old Clicgear 3.5 cart, but they really lock in place on my Rovic RV1S.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino