TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putting Grip

Also side not got the true birdie putting mat and perfect putt system. Love it. Highly suggest this mat for anyone in the market 

image.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

https://youtu.be/d7mI_1964J0

For anyone interested in the roll of the mat.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

20 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Also side not got the true birdie putting mat and perfect putt system. Love it. Highly suggest this mat for anyone in the market 

image.jpg

They had one of these devil devices set up in a local Golf Galaxy.  My GOD is it hard to do.  I never once got the ball to sit directly in the top hole, even on putts I hit dead center.  Drove me crazy!  haha

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

12 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

They had one of these devil devices set up in a local Golf Galaxy.  My GOD is it hard to do.  I never once got the ball to sit directly in the top hole, even on putts I hit dead center.  Drove me crazy!  haha

The thing I like about this is that just because its not "perfect" does not mean its a miss. The if it funnels anywhere into that slope or the white part and stays in there its a "made putt". The perfect putt is really just fine tuning and trying to really get perfect putts consistently. I have definitely found that I am by no means hitting perfect putts consistently but my "made putts" from 5+ is much higher. Granted putting on the same surface over and over helps, the key for me so far has been my pace, smooth transition and square face from repetition and knowing the speed. Also it has boosted my confidence where I am tending to miss on the pro side and not coming up short. hopefully it translates to the course!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

The thing I like about this is that just because its not "perfect" does not mean its a miss. The if it funnels anywhere into that slope or the white part and stays in there its a "made putt". The perfect putt is really just fine tuning and trying to really get perfect putts consistently. I have definitely found that I am by no means hitting perfect putts consistently but my "made putts" from 5+ is much higher. Granted putting on the same surface over and over helps, the key for me so far has been my pace, smooth transition and square face from repetition and knowing the speed. Also it has boosted my confidence where I am tending to miss on the pro side and not coming up short. hopefully it translates to the course!

I can see where it would improve ones putting!  I hate it because it was so hard!!!  I think I am going to buy one though.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

... When I had my putting measured and weighed and found to be not wanting, I was told the magical 18" past the hole gives a putt the best chance of going in. Especially considering less than ideal putting surfaces where a faster moving putt near the hole will hold its line better. And of course if you play late in the day the volcano effect where knuckleheads step right next to the hole over and over again all day long causing a slight rise right around the hole and a dying putt can slide off the side.

... That said, in trying to make my putts roll 18" past the hole my face angle at impact and club head path became a little inconsistent. So we went back to dying the ball in the hole and my path and face angle returned to excellent. I was told some golfers are just internally wired to die the ball at the hole, which actually works well on Tour caliber courses with fast greens and sharp edges on the hole. He also said a dye in the hole putter will sink more putts in the side door where a faster rolling putt will burn the edge or lip out.

... So in the end it is a trade off of sorts with a slight advantage to 18" past on muni's and die in the hole on perfectly groomed greens. But trying to go against your natural indicts is always a bad idea when it comes to putting. So if you are trying to roll the ball into the top hole and get to to stop with little success but are rolling it "in the hole" and not stopping, you should be content and of course not buy that putting aid. 😉  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Not sure if anyone is interested. Putting together an excel sheet on my putting with the perfect putt and true birdie mat. Will have day to day info on made/perfect putts on 1-8’ and see if it trends into more perfect putts day to day. Tracking it now if y’all want to see it let me know I can post it (hopefully it Gets better?)

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.72103831d1cef83f3297af548daaa9f8.pngFor anyone interested no "major improvement" stat wise. One thing I am finding is that I am missing more on the pro side when I do miss and although from distance I am not getting many perfect putts I do see that I am hitting the hole MORE often and it bouncing out which is a good sign. 

Also you can see 3/4' is a struggle to hit perfect putts but I am not missing which is nice (granted I am putting the same roll every time but still). Lastly I will say the putting mat does work, the 8' spot has guidelines and a backstroke tempo gauge which realllllly works. Getting great roll and accuracy from it. Going to continue my log and see what happens.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...

I use a classic grip; however, I recently switched to a Flat Cat putter grip to reduce wrist rotation. So far, so good!

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

I used to put with a similar style that you use. But about three years ago I switch to left hand low. I'm a righty by the way. And with this I feel like I have more control over the putter head. And a better feel for the stroke. My setup and routine is similar to yours but when I do my practice stroke I look at the hole to try to gauge the speed that I will need for the putt in the touch. Over the last year or so I have been more focused on trying to get my speed right and decrease the number of three parts that I have in a given round.

6 hours ago, Tykoonce said:

I used to put with a similar style that you use. But about three years ago I switch to left hand low. I'm a righty by the way. And with this I feel like I have more control over the putter head. And a better feel for the stroke. My setup and routine is similar to yours but when I do my practice stroke I look at the hole to try to gauge the speed that I will need for the putt in the touch. Over the last year or so I have been more focused on trying to get my speed right and decrease the number of three parts that I have in a given round.

I tried this as well felt extremely awkward for me. But is a great concept because it doesn’t allow any wrist movement (well less than a normal grip) I just couldn’t get used to it. Hope it works well for you!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I communicate with the guys at SeeMore quite a bit, and I listen to some of their podcasts. Pat O’Brien is an instructor in TX they have on often, and he’s done a whole series of 26 videos that can be purchased for $10 on the SeeMore site. I reached-out to the guys at SeeMore for some clarification on some points from Pat’s videos, and they got me in-touch with him directly. Pat ended-up sending me a couple of his grip stickers, and the pamphlet to show how to put it on a putter, and then how to grip the putter appropriately. His main points are that the arms should hang naturally so they will pendulum without any force needed, not having arms or armpits connected to the body because this limits natural pendulum, and then no tension in the hands as this will also affect the pendulum, path, etc. Here are some pics of the pamphlet. If you want the putting grip sticker, just reach-out to him. He does video lessons as well, but I haven’t done one. I’m just watching his videos on the SeeMore site. Notice he mentions lie angle... Keep in-mind, how you grip the club affects lie angle of the putter.
IMG_1522.JPGIMG_1523.JPGIMG_1524.JPGIMG_1526.JPGIMG_1525.JPG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I communicate with the guys at SeeMore quite a bit, and I listen to some of their podcasts. Pat O’Brien is an instructor in TX they have on often, and he’s done a whole series of 26 videos that can be purchased for $10 on the SeeMore site. I reached-out to the guys at SeeMore for some clarification on some points from Pat’s videos, and they got me in-touch with him directly. Pat ended-up sending me a couple of his grip stickers, and the pamphlet to show how to put it on a putter, and then how to grip the putter appropriately. His main points are that the arms should hang naturally so they will pendulum without any force needed, not having arms or armpits connected to the body because this limits natural pendulum, and then no tension in the hands as this will also affect the pendulum, path, etc. Here are some pics of the pamphlet. If you want the putting grip sticker, just reach-out to him. He does video lessons as well, but I haven’t done one. I’m just watching his videos on the SeeMore site. Notice he mentions lie angle... Keep in-mind, how you grip the club affects lie angle of the putter.
IMG_1522.thumb.JPG.03caddf0b4cfec9f233d393f1bbc04d9.JPGIMG_1523.thumb.JPG.90ac1960f613438460a2fffec28bb1fb.JPGIMG_1524.thumb.JPG.0468eb0b3ae8f89c086977caf4e7c2a0.JPGIMG_1526.thumb.JPG.8f198e245b7782aab921675d09e5fe19.JPGIMG_1525.thumb.JPG.c608ac84e251e036f39ab823769841c6.JPG

Interesting note in the 68* lie. Was that specific to you? Or is that what they believe it should be? I’m curious because I was fit at 67* which is 3 flat of most OEM specs I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Interesting note in the 68* lie. Was that specific to you? Or is that what they believe it should be? I’m curious because I was fit at 67* which is 3 flat of most OEM specs I’ve seen.  

Specific to that gripping method. If one follows his teaching of letting the arms hang, and then gripping this way, it’s going to be right at a 68* lie angle. My SeeMore is 70*, standard, and sure enough, the toe went up as soon as I went to this grip. One can’t hold the grip in the fashion he teaches, have zero tension in the wrists and arms, and not be flat. If one is at 70* still, then there’s tension somewhere.

Yep, 68* will be 2* flat for most putting companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Specific to that gripping method. If one follows his teaching of letting the arms hang, and then gripping this way, it’s going to be right at a 68* lie angle. My SeeMore is 70*, standard, and sure enough, the toe went up as soon as I went to this grip. One can’t hold the grip in the fashion he teaches, have zero tension in the wrists and arms, and not be flat. If one is at 70* still, then there’s tension somewhere.

Yep, 68* will be 2* flat for most putting companies.

I’ve used his method for several years and even spent time with the stickers. I have the seemore ball somewhere in the house too. I used to have the teaching video. Using his grip and seemore putters were two of the best things that happen to my putting

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Specific to that gripping method. If one follows his teaching of letting the arms hang, and then gripping this way, it’s going to be right at a 68* lie angle. My SeeMore is 70*, standard, and sure enough, the toe went up as soon as I went to this grip. One can’t hold the grip in the fashion he teaches, have zero tension in the wrists and arms, and not be flat. If one is at 70* still, then there’s tension somewhere. Yep, 68* will be 2* flat for most putting companies.

Interesting. I’ll have to compare that to my grip later in this evening.

It was incredible once my fitter bent mine flat my strike felt so much freer.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8