TESTERS WANTED! ×

NPG Episode 32: You Down With DTC?

GolfSpy MPR

Direct to Consumer Golf Products  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What direct-to-consumer golf products have you already purchased?

• Driver/FW/hybrid
    • Irons/Wedges
    • Putter
    • Balls
    • Other/None
  2. 2. What's the biggest factor that would keep you from ordering DTC clubs?

• Lack of Tour presence
    • Unable to test them
    • Lack of trustworthy reviews
    • Concern about quality control
  3. 3. What club are you least likely to buy direct-to-consumer?

• Driver/FW/hybrid
    • Irons/Wedges
    • Putter
  4. 4. What's the biggest appeal of DTC clubs?

• Price/value
    • Better customer service/relationship
    • Not buying from the big OEMs

Today we talk Direct-to-consumer golf clubs. You may be familiar with DTC golf clubs, but how should you best navigate the growing world of DTC clubs? Also, we go in depth about our recently completed Most Wanted Driver test: What's new, what's not, and what to look for in the future of Most Wanted testing.

1:01 - 2020 Most Wanted Driver testing
18:27 - The ups and downs of Direct to Consumer golf clubs

🔊 Listen to NPG:

📺 Watch NPG:

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Absolutely, why not.  While I did no end up buying Sub70 clubs, my interaction with them was nothing short of A+ customer service.  I suspect there will be be more and more golf equipment companies like this in the future.  I did not yet view the episode... how'd I do? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

One major issue for most DTC clubs is that there are either no Left handed options, or only the SGI club is offered in LH. I am all for DTC companies, but it’s difficult to support them when they completely ignore an entire population of LH golfers. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'M not a name brand guy. I have building golf clubs from components for years. I get to tweak my specs how I see fit. Last year I purchased a set of Ben Hogan Wedges in Black. They are better quality then any component company I have purchased to date. They came in exactly how I wanted them. Loft, Lie, swing weight. Perfect.
From what I can tell all the DTC club companies will build your clubs to any Spec you ask for. That is a great value if you already know what you want in a set of golf clubs.

Customer service is hit or miss depending on the DTC company.

The big guys maintain and set a big budget for customer service/warranties/etc.

If nothing goes wrong, DTCs are fine. If something does, it's a crapshoot.

Not necessarily the DTC's fault, you may be catching them 2 days before they have to pay 3 of their suppliers so the reaction may be not what you would expect.

We've seen spectacular smaller golf companies go a little sideways when the squeeze is on.

It's wonderful that with the forums and social media the DTCs and smaller companies have a better chance.

Edited by xxio

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

One major issue for most DTC clubs is that there are either no Left handed options, or only the SGI club is offered in LH. I am all for DTC companies, but it’s difficult to support them when they completely ignore an entire population of LH golfers. 

Are they ignoring lefties or realizing that the lefty population is a very small piece of the golf pie and the cost of offering lh versions doesn’t have the necessary roi?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

DTC is not an option for me, I will not purchase any golf club without getting fit.  I have been very happy with the clubs I was fit for 2 years ago except the 2 clubs I did not actually get to try out first (driving iron and putter).  Ordered both clubs to what the fitter and I thought should work for me but both clubs ended up left at home.  I have even found the weight of the grip makes a difference how I feel where the club head is during my swing.

This is where I see a big hurdle for the DTC companies.  People will be interested in the lower price but there will be more risk.  If I lived near Sub70 or Ben Hogan and I could get fit there or a trusted local fitter I would be interested in either brand.  As it stands now, even with the demo of a best guess trial club I am still not interested.  For me a proper fitting process keeps me from wondering if something else is better and that peace of mind is worth the extra cost.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

The survey should have another option for each question (none of the above).  The only question that the options fit for me to answer was number 4.  The other questions options did not apply.  The survey does not seem to accept being submitted without all questions being answered.  This will either force people to pick an option even if it does not apply or limit the people who can submit it to those who have purchased DTC in the past due to question 1.  

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

12 minutes ago, ED13 said:

This will ... limit the people who can submit it to those who have purchased DTC in the past due to question 1.  

Agreed, I had the same issue.

I don't mind the idea of DTC, but in general if I'm going to buy without getting fit I'd rather buy preowned clubs made by the major manufacturers.  Then I get cutting edge technology (which, I'll admit, is of minimal use to me, since I don't swing nearly fast enough to really get the benefit from it), but also a fantastic price.  If I was serious about purchasing an actually new set of clubs, I'd go to a fitter and spend the extra money to make sure that the product was best for me.  That being said, if I went to a fitter, and the choice was between a Callaway/TM/Ping/Cobra product or a DTC club that fit me equally well, I'd have no qualms with "sacrificing" the brand name to save some $$.

Driver:   :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5* ... MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 (s)
Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)
Irons:    6-Gw :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal ... Aerotech SteelFiber i95 (s)
Wedges:  :ping-small:  Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52*/56* ... AWT 2.0 (w)
Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red "L" Neck
Ball:  MfleKCg.jpg Pro

Scalability will always be the biggest hurdle in maintaining a sustainable business.

I’m very pro DTC but I question how long they can continue as a successful and profitable business without relying upon indirect channels.

There is an exception. I believe golf balls are exempt from this logic; fewer SKU’s, longer life cycles and lower overhead costs allow them to sell their product without the burdens of growing business costs weighing them down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

15 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

While not big - 13% of the golfing population is still big enough to generate some interest. i do get annoyed at both the OEM's and retailers that ignore us. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Are they ignoring lefties or realizing that the lefty population is a very small piece of the golf pie and the cost of offering lh versions doesn’t have the necessary roi

we are a smaller pc of the pie, but we are still part of the pie. It’s awful nice that these DTC companies offer the RH golfer a huge discounted set of clubs. It is what it is and they aren’t going to change. It just sucks when you find something that looks great and then you search for it only to find out that it isn’t available in Lefty. That goes for DTC and many OEM’s. 

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

While not big - 13% of the golfing population is still big enough to generate some interest. i do get annoyed at both the OEM's and retailers that ignore us. 

Yes exactly. They don’t need to make everything in lefty. Check our sub 70’s set of black CB’s. I would seriously consider those for the next set I purchase, but no lefty available. Almost all DTC,  and small market companies are like that. There are also several OEM’s like that as well. 

21 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Yes exactly. They don’t need to make everything in lefty. Check our sub 70’s set of black CB’s. I would seriously consider those for the next set I purchase, but no lefty available. Almost all DTC,  and small market companies are like that. There are also several OEM’s like that as well. 

from what I understand it is very expensive to make clubs - casting, molds, etc. - and that being the case an investment in left handed clubs has to realize a return to at least break even. For DTC companies this might take a while. Once they get established it is certainly possible but to be profitable they need to target the 87% of the market that is right handed. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

we are a smaller pc of the pie, but we are still part of the pie. It’s awful nice that these DTC companies offer the RH golfer a huge discounted set of clubs. It is what it is and they aren’t going to change. It just sucks when you find something that looks great and then you search for it only to find out that it isn’t available in Lefty. That goes for DTC and many OEM’s. 

Outside of scotty cameron putters having very limited options in left handed clubs the vast majority of oems offer close to their entire line in lh. 

I understand the frustration but let say based on the reporting that of pxg costs to make a set of irons. It’s $8-10k for one mold of 1 head. So for a set of 8 molds that’s $64-80k. If they forged it 2x that’s another $64-80k for 1 iron line. They would need to sell a full set to nearly all of the left handed golfers in the world to break even.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Ive bought from Pinemeadow before and the  clubs were just fine.  Im currently thinking about picking up a couple Lynx wedges and have no concerns about that either.  Sure, its nice to be able to hit a club before you buy it but honestly, all clubs nowdays are so good that Im not sure its such a huge deal and Ive bought plenty of clubs off the rack from DSG/GG that I didnt hit before I bought them and they were fine too.

IMO, DTC for clubs is just the next step and as long as you know what you want/need, the fitting process shouldnt be much different.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I understand the frustration but let say based on the reporting that of pxg costs to make a set of irons. It’s $8-10k for one mold of 1 head. So for a set of 8 molds that’s $64-80k. If they forged it 2x that’s another $64-80k for 1 iron line. They would need to sell a full set to nearly all of the left handed golfers in the world to break even.

Yes, but are the DTC's making their own molds?  I thought their whole business model was to use open designs.  I don't think I'm the one to come up with this, but the Sub70 699 and the Haywood look awfully similar.

699back2_1_1.jpg

Haywood_Golf_Clubs_3-297_1024x1024.jpg?v

Not the same, but awfully similar.  Especially the channel above the muscle.  And if the open heads are decent designs, then let the DTC's compete on looks and price and customer service.

13 hours ago, bens197 said:

I’m very pro DTC but I question how long they can continue as a successful and profitable business without relying upon indirect channels.

They've got to get themselves into the Club Champions / True Specs / Cool Clubs if they're going to make it to the next level.  I wonder what their cost is for a set, and if they could afford to make the investment of selling through some of these channels on consignment, just for a little while to show that there's a market for their stuff.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Yes, but are the DTC's making their own molds?  I thought their whole business model was to use open designs.  I don't think I'm the one to come up with this, but the Sub70 699 and the Haywood look awfully similar.

699back2_1_1.jpg

Haywood_Golf_Clubs_3-297_1024x1024.jpg?v

Not the same, but awfully similar.  Especially the channel above the muscle.  And if the open heads are decent designs, then let the DTC's compete on looks and price and customer service.

They've got to get themselves into the Club Champions / True Specs / Cool Clubs if they're going to make it to the next level.  I wonder what their cost is for a set, and if they could afford to make the investment of selling through some of these channels on consignment, just for a little while to show that there's a market for their stuff.

It depends on the dtc. Depends on how you read past posts in social media from new level but they use some sort of mold that that is more for them than just a blank generic one. Even so somebody has to pay for them plus the rest of this materials. The cost to sell an extremely small amount of sets isn’t worth it for the smaller brands. Let’s say for sub 70 they sell 1000 sets in a year how many of those could/would be lefties? The chances are the lefties might even cost a bit more to make up the costs now that brand is competing with all the well known names and other dtc brands.

Scotty Cameron who is doing pretty well financially doesn’t make a lot of lefty options with the otr putters because of costs. Him and titleist combined have the resources to make them and take a chance but they know they will probably end up with too much stock laying around

If the performance is there and the price is right, why not? I'm already buying DTC balls from Vice and had great experience with DiamondTour's customer service. The clubs worked pretty well for a beginner, but once you are hooked on the game, you want more and more and unfortunately, only OEM offer fittings in Europe.

I would also like to try Sub70 if the demo program was offered in Europe as well.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

If the performance is there and the price is right, why not? I'm already buying DTC balls from Vice and had great experience with DiamondTour's customer service. The clubs worked pretty well for a beginner, but once you are hooked on the game, you want more and more and unfortunately, only OEM offer fittings in Europe.

I would also like to try Sub70 if the demo program was offered in Europe as well.

The cost of making golf balls isn’t anywhere near the cost of golf clubs.

The dtc golf club brands tend to keep lower inventory and have a lot less sales than a larger brand. Even if there are brands that share the same molds (some will call them blanks) they still have to pay out a price for that. There probably a minimum order as well. Let’s say it’s 100 sets. Does sub 70 as an example think they can sell 100 sets of a particular iron? They have 5 different iron lines iirc with some different options for finishes. They have to pick which one of those lines they are going to make in lh and if they pick tem he wrong one they are left with lots of inventory and wasted money. Which then has impacts on other project they may be thinking of or have in the works. 

The risk is too great for them. 

DTC is really another marketing term because there is always a middle man with extra costs...

if i culd walk into the Titleist ball manufacturing facility and buy some prov1's for $25, then we would have something

Golf is cool

Just FWIW - some of these DTC companies offer demo clubs so you don't have to fully commit if you're not sure...

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-golf-demo-clubs.html

https://benhogangolf.com/pages/ben-hogan-demo-program

They also truly understand the benefits of getting fit; some have an online process and this one also provides direct contact information to the CEO for any questions... any.

Our online fitting tool is a great resource for fitting information. However, if you need additional information or have questions please feel free to contact us directly. Every Sub 70 club is custom built when ordered and we truly want each golfer to get the best clubs possible. If you have additional fitting or equipment questions please contact our CEO, Jason Hiland, using the information below. Thank you!

Jason Hiland
Jason@GolfSub70.com
815-621-3556
@golfsub70

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Just now, Middler said:

So I can get a fitting and shafts comparable to Club Champion or True Spec Golf from Sub 70?

You can get fit at either of those, call and give them all of your fitting specs and they can build your clubs to those specs.

These DTC companies sell goods....fitting is a service.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

18 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Outside of scotty cameron putters having very limited options in left handed clubs the vast majority of oems offer close to their entire line in lh. 

Not all OEMs offer the full line, but most do offer a decent selection, but we are still limited to only OEM products, unless you count knock offs. Which is what many folks do when they have a limited budget. All of the knockoff clubs out there could be DTC clubs if they were offered, and judging by how many knock off companies are out there offering lefty stuff. I’d say it’s a fair amount of money changing hands.  I understand the expense of it. It’s just that us lefties get left out in the cold on a lot of good products. 

20 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

from what I understand it is very expensive to make clubs - casting, molds, etc. - and that being the case an investment in left handed clubs has to realize a return to at least break even. For DTC companies this might take a while. Once they get established it is certainly possible but to be profitable they need to target the 87% of the market that is right handed. 

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the dollars and cents. As a Lefty though looking for a good set of clubs that offer great quality without the higher cost of OEM clubs is non existent unless we look into knockoffs or clones. I’d rather buy from a company like sub 70 instead for $550 instead of buying the Acer Cp2 for the same price.

So I can get a fitting and shafts comparable to Club Champion or True Spec Golf from Sub 70?
This all seems odd after years of repeatedly advocating professional fittings for almost every level of player.

Technically yes. You request demo clubs with different configurations and go hit them on a launch monitor or on the course to see what works. The OEMs also can ask questions to help guide the player into clubs that may work best. This is probably a better fitting than most players receive prior to buying clubs.

If the consumer is educated a self performed personal fitting is possible. And for those that complain about CC and true spec being done indoors, this is a good option

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, Middler said:

Too much like “showrooming” to me, but maybe the way of the world and I’m behind.

Not sure what you mean - you're not getting the fitting for free at Club Champion or TrueFit. 

If it was free and then you took the info that they gave you and went somewhere else I could see what you're getting at.... but you're paying for information and you're getting it.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

10 hours ago, Middler said:

I take it you didn't watch the NPG episode. Getting "fitted" for balls and fitted for clubs aren't comparable, apples and oranges. You don't like the DTC ball you buy, you're out $20-35 and you pick another. You don't like the DTC clubs you buy and you're out over a thousand for a Sub70 full bag for example. Trade-in values are awful, and even worse for non big name clubs.

Oh no, I did watch it and I agree. That's why I mentioned my experience with DiamondTour. You can call it knockoff, component, whatever. 

If you are located in the US and have access to Sub70 demo program, you minimize the risk of throwing out over 1K out of the window for something  you can't use. That's something we still don't have in Europe. I know now for a fact that my specs out of a static fitting don't match the numbers from a dynamic fitting. Taking fitting out of the equation, and for me DTC becomes just as viable as an OEM.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

3 hours ago, Middler said:

Fair point. I don’t have first hand experience with TSG, but there’s no question in my mind CC is counting on selling clubs too, and relying on fittings alone at current prices wouldn’t be acceptable for them. Not a perfect analogy but if you stripped away all pcarts & service from car dealers and left them with new car sales only, they wouldn’t be able to survive.

I suppose that's possible, but if that many people are getting fittings at Club Champion and taking their specs elsewhere, then CC needs to change their pricing for fittings.

They also need to update their web site.  I'm not so sure I want to be fitted into a set of M3s anymore.

CLUB-HEADS.jpg

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Are they ignoring lefties or realizing that the lefty population is a very small piece of the golf pie and the cost of offering lh versions doesn’t have the necessary roi?

I had a conversation with a OEM rep a couple days ago. I asked him why are LH options so poor because 13% of the population is LH. He said that their numbers are 3-4% of golfers are LH so that’s why us lefty’s are SOL.
Not sure if he’s right but I’m pretty sure they have more data than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list