TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dean Chitren

Wannabegolfer67

Well it appears he's a relentless marketer, a "stop smoking" expert, and a real estate agent, in addition to claiming to be able to teach golf stuff.  His Youtube channel stuff is 9 years old, although I see a few videos that are only 3 years old.  I see videos of him swinging, but no instruction, and in my view his swing isn't particularly good.  Just a personal reaction, I don't think this is the direction I'd choose for online instruction.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

55 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Well it appears he's a relentless marketer, a "stop smoking" expert, and a real estate agent, in addition to claiming to be able to teach golf stuff.  His Youtube channel stuff is 9 years old, although I see a few videos that are only 3 years old.  I see videos of him swinging, but no instruction, and in my view his swing isn't particularly good.  Just a personal reaction, I don't think this is the direction I'd choose for online instruction.

Happy Gilmore approves.  🤣

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

116872525_162050425415534_11736599994769

So if this guy takes a more common 30 or 32 putts he shoots 82 or 84.  Obviously we can't tell where he started from, but 25 putts isn't sustainable over any amount of time.

So you're here for 20 minutes, and posted 2 captures from Dean's website.  Are you a shill for him, or a real person?

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Make that 3 screen caps...

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

On 7/30/2020 at 12:39 AM, Ncstage said:

Is this golf program a scam? I’m sure there’s a hefty price tag waiting. Oddly no reviews to be found online. Bizarre.

Definitely not a scam. I interview perspective students for Dean and this is the best Golf training system on the planet.

It isn't for weekend warrior types. 

Dean only works with serious golfers that lessons from club pros, YouTube videos haven't gotten them to consistently shooting in the 70's and are looking for a high level TRAINING SYSTEM and a Peak Performance Golf Coach.

You can check out some reviews by students here: https://deanchitren.com/testimonials/

You can also watch his Free Masterclass here: https://joinnow.live/s/TLBzBd

Jason

Golf Success Strategist
Low 70’s Golf

2 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

Here's the link to some of his students Results

https://deanchitren.com/testimonials/

Image-from-iOS-3-1218x2048.jpg

Just looked up Fred Adler, playing out of Ventana Canyon in Arizona.  In his last 20 scores, he's had exactly 2 in the 70s, 9.6 index.  Now it IS his low index of the year, he's making progress, but the claims are a bit overstated.  Willie Abston in Mississippi hasn't posted a score since September 2019.  I hope he's making progress too, but its pretty hard to tell.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Let's be fair here, oopen and honest, you joined here to advertise for the company that employs you.  You chose not to disclose your association with Mr. Chitren initially.  And you've posted testimonials specifically selected to appear on Mr. Chitren's promotional webpage.  None of that says anything about Mr. Chitren's instruction, it may be really solid, but it says something about you.  By association, it says something about Mr. Chitrren's advertising tactics.

I'm not here to argue.  If we're going to be "fair"  you could have reached out and asked.  People search online for "reviews" and I saw this thread. I chose to post so people can make their own decision other than on your assessment.  Have a great day man.

Hmmmm... feels like Number 4 comes into play here re: Forum Moral Codes.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/guidelines/

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

39 minutes ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

I'm not here to argue.  If we're going to be "fair"  you could have reached out and asked.  People search online for "reviews" and I saw this thread. I chose to post so people can make their own decision other than on your assessment.  Have a great day man.

It’s really no different than the ones who come in to give a negative review of a product or company because they were unsatisfied with the resolution options offered by the company. They know the post will get eyes and comments, based on that the search algorithms will put their thread higher up on search engines thus achieving their goal of getting a negative review out there. You are doing it in the opposite direction and to promote a page so that it appears higher in search engines, but as mentioned above you are possible violating moral codes and yes you should have stated your affiliation in the first post and not after being called out as possibly connected 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

Oh I'm a rel person.  Just seems strange you'd knock a guy that you don't know anything about. 

Maybe he figured out how to quit smoking for himself and wanted to help others.

.... And maybe you are what he asked if you were/are?

12 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

I think most of us are here to discuss, rather than to argue.  Posting testimonials from promotional literature isn't much of a discussion, as we can't ask questions of the guys who wrote those testimonials.  If you look in another thread about instruction, you'll find mentions of Monte Scheinbloom and Erik Barzeski.  I know Monte is active in discussions on GofWRX, you can read some of his instruction and evaluations, and get a sense of his personality.  Similarly, Erik runs TheSandTrap, and provides a lot of instructional content there, as well as participating in a couple of other forums.  From Mr. Chitren we have only his self-promotional stuff, no back and forth, no discussion.  We CAN find that he quit smoking once, and became a "quit-smoking guru" for a time.  We can find that in 2009 he wanted to become a PGA Tour player, and was trying to raise money to do that.  He ran a golf "concierge" business for a while, setting up golf trips in the Tampa area.  There are some YouTube videos from 10 years ago, and a few more from 2017, and now a recent bunch.  But no dialogue.  And there's no mention of him outside of his own webpages.  Feel free to discuss, that's always more interesting than simply posting stuff off of the promotional website.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Oy, I just looked at on of those 2010 videos, Dean practicing wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants.  Not a great swing at that time, but he was working hard.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Oy, I just looked at on of those 2010 videos, Dean practicing wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants.  Not a great swing at that time, but he was working hard.

He also sells calling cards and is a Reiki Master...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

No wonder this guy is a "relentless marketer"... He has to spread the word that he is pretty awesome at everything he has ever tried! Where do i sign up?!

Eyeroll Whatever GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Seriously though, this probably could've been handled better.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

11 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Many of us have an ax to grind of some kind, all I expect is transparency.  If @Golf Success Strategist had introduced himself as an employee, had provided a link to the website, and said some nice things about the program, I wouldn't get my back up.  If he comes back and engages in meaningful dialogue, I'll happily engage from my end.  I admittedly know nothing of Mr. Chitren beyond what I can find online, and so far that hasn't enticed me to go any further than discussions here.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

One think we don’t really like around here are shills for a company. Come in say who you are and engage in discussion; that will get more meaningful/tolerant responses.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Oy, more data on Dean, results from his efforts on the West Florida Golf Tour.  Shot a solid 94 in December 2010.  

http://www.westfloridagolftour.com/PlayerProfile.aspx?PlayerID=7273

Edited by DaveP043

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Many of us have an ax to grind of some kind, all I expect is transparency.  If @Golf Success Strategist had introduced himself as an employee, had provided a link to the website, and said some nice things about the program, I wouldn't get my back up.  If he comes back and engages in meaningful dialogue, I'll happily engage from my end.  I admittedly know nothing of Mr. Chitren beyond what I can find online, and so far that hasn't enticed me to go any further than discussions here.

@DaveP043 I apologize for my implication being unclear. I completely agree with your position that transparency should be expected. I meant to imply that @Golf Success Strategist could've handled his affiliation with Mr. Chitren better than simply screen grab spamming someone inquiring about the man who employs him. Maybe an open invitation from @Golf Success Strategist to the community about the merits of the program so that discussion can start.

2 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

@DaveP043 I apologize for my implication being unclear. I completely agree with your position that transparency should be expected. I meant to imply that @Golf Success Strategist could've handled his affiliation with Mr. Chitren better than simply screen grab spamming someone inquiring about the man who employs him. Maybe an open invitation from @Golf Success Strategist to the community about the merits of the program so that discussion can start.

Thanks, I wasn't aiming that at you.  Rather, I'm hoping that @Golf Success Strategist will understand my particular issues with the way he introduced himself within the My Golf Spy community, and what I hope he might do moving forward.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 2 months later...

Ok this thread really isnt providing any meaningful dialogue or information.  

Lock it up 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12