Our Sponsors

Any of you guys ever heard of Dean Chitren?? I keep getting ads for Dean Chitren "Low 70's Golf" I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about him or his golf instruction.

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

Well it appears he's a relentless marketer, a "stop smoking" expert, and a real estate agent, in addition to claiming to be able to teach golf stuff.  His Youtube channel stuff is 9 years old, although I see a few videos that are only 3 years old.  I see videos of him swinging, but no instruction, and in my view his swing isn't particularly good.  Just a personal reaction, I don't think this is the direction I'd choose for online instruction.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

55 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Well it appears he's a relentless marketer, a "stop smoking" expert, and a real estate agent, in addition to claiming to be able to teach golf stuff.  His Youtube channel stuff is 9 years old, although I see a few videos that are only 3 years old.  I see videos of him swinging, but no instruction, and in my view his swing isn't particularly good.  Just a personal reaction, I don't think this is the direction I'd choose for online instruction.

Happy Gilmore approves.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Is this golf program a scam? I’m sure there’s a hefty price tag waiting. Oddly no reviews to be found online. Bizarre.

15 minutes ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

116872525_162050425415534_11736599994769

So if this guy takes a more common 30 or 32 putts he shoots 82 or 84.  Obviously we can't tell where he started from, but 25 putts isn't sustainable over any amount of time.

So you're here for 20 minutes, and posted 2 captures from Dean's website.  Are you a shill for him, or a real person?

• Like 4

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Make that 3 screen caps...

• Like 1

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - Mizuno/Bettinardi Black Carbon BC1

Ball - Jack Nicklaus Black

On 7/30/2020 at 12:39 AM, Ncstage said:

Is this golf program a scam? I’m sure there’s a hefty price tag waiting. Oddly no reviews to be found online. Bizarre.

Definitely not a scam. I interview perspective students for Dean and this is the best Golf training system on the planet.

It isn't for weekend warrior types. 

Dean only works with serious golfers that lessons from club pros, YouTube videos haven't gotten them to consistently shooting in the 70's and are looking for a high level TRAINING SYSTEM and a Peak Performance Golf Coach.

You can check out some reviews by students here: https://deanchitren.com/testimonials/

You can also watch his Free Masterclass here: https://joinnow.live/s/TLBzBd

Jason

Golf Success Strategist
Low 70’s Golf

1 hour ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

Definitely not a scam. I interview perspective students for Dean and this is the best Golf training system on the planet.

It isn't for weekend warrior types. 

Dean only works with serious golfers that lessons from club pros, YouTube videos haven't gotten them to consistently shooting in the 70's and are looking for a high level TRAINING SYSTEM and a Peak Performance Golf Coach.

You can check out some reviews by students here: https://deanchitren.com/testimonials/

You can also watch his Free Masterclass here: https://joinnow.live/s/TLBzBd

Jason

Golf Success Strategist
Low 70’s Golf

Let's be fair here, oopen and honest, you joined here to advertise for the company that employs you.  You chose not to disclose your association with Mr. Chitren initially.  And you've posted testimonials specifically selected to appear on Mr. Chitren's promotional webpage.  None of that says anything about Mr. Chitren's instruction, it may be really solid, but it says something about you.  By association, it says something about Mr. Chitrren's advertising tactics.

• Like 7

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

Here's the link to some of his students Results

https://deanchitren.com/testimonials/

Image-from-iOS-3-1218x2048.jpg

Just looked up Fred Adler, playing out of Ventana Canyon in Arizona.  In his last 20 scores, he's had exactly 2 in the 70s, 9.6 index.  Now it IS his low index of the year, he's making progress, but the claims are a bit overstated.  Willie Abston in Mississippi hasn't posted a score since September 2019.  I hope he's making progress too, but its pretty hard to tell.

• Like 3

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

59 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Let's be fair here, oopen and honest, you joined here to advertise for the company that employs you.  You chose not to disclose your association with Mr. Chitren initially.  And you've posted testimonials specifically selected to appear on Mr. Chitren's promotional webpage.  None of that says anything about Mr. Chitren's instruction, it may be really solid, but it says something about you.  By association, it says something about Mr. Chitrren's advertising tactics.

I'm not here to argue.  If we're going to be "fair"  you could have reached out and asked.  People search online for "reviews" and I saw this thread. I chose to post so people can make their own decision other than on your assessment.  Have a great day man.

Hmmmm... feels like Number 4 comes into play here re: Forum Moral Codes.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/guidelines/

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

39 minutes ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

I'm not here to argue.  If we're going to be "fair"  you could have reached out and asked.  People search online for "reviews" and I saw this thread. I chose to post so people can make their own decision other than on your assessment.  Have a great day man.

It’s really no different than the ones who come in to give a negative review of a product or company because they were unsatisfied with the resolution options offered by the company. They know the post will get eyes and comments, based on that the search algorithms will put their thread higher up on search engines thus achieving their goal of getting a negative review out there. You are doing it in the opposite direction and to promote a page so that it appears higher in search engines, but as mentioned above you are possible violating moral codes and yes you should have stated your affiliation in the first post and not after being called out as possibly connected 

• Like 5

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

Oh I'm a rel person.  Just seems strange you'd knock a guy that you don't know anything about. 

Maybe he figured out how to quit smoking for himself and wanted to help others.

.... And maybe you are what he asked if you were/are?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Golf Success Strategist said:

I think most of us are here to discuss, rather than to argue.  Posting testimonials from promotional literature isn't much of a discussion, as we can't ask questions of the guys who wrote those testimonials.  If you look in another thread about instruction, you'll find mentions of Monte Scheinbloom and Erik Barzeski.  I know Monte is active in discussions on GofWRX, you can read some of his instruction and evaluations, and get a sense of his personality.  Similarly, Erik runs TheSandTrap, and provides a lot of instructional content there, as well as participating in a couple of other forums.  From Mr. Chitren we have only his self-promotional stuff, no back and forth, no discussion.  We CAN find that he quit smoking once, and became a "quit-smoking guru" for a time.  We can find that in 2009 he wanted to become a PGA Tour player, and was trying to raise money to do that.  He ran a golf "concierge" business for a while, setting up golf trips in the Tampa area.  There are some YouTube videos from 10 years ago, and a few more from 2017, and now a recent bunch.  But no dialogue.  And there's no mention of him outside of his own webpages.  Feel free to discuss, that's always more interesting than simply posting stuff off of the promotional website.

• Like 6

Right handed

Reston, Virginia