Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What has Happened to Skytrak?

I purchased a Skytrak almost a year ago and there have been NO updates since. I heard that they were working on calculating club data based on measured data points, but I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know why Skytrak has fallen off the grid?

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

2 hours ago, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

I purchased a Skytrak almost a year ago and there have been NO updates since. I heard that they were working on calculating club data based on measured data points, but I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know why Skytrak has fallen off the grid?

There's been lots of discussion about this on other forums (there's a good one dedicated entirely to golf simulators which has a moderately active SkyTrak page).

Version 3.4 has been in beta for a while; I know this because I've used it firsthand. It includes several useful features, including the linking of multiple accounts to a single computer for multiplayer and allowing users to set up custom clubsets. It's also supposed to fix a couple of ball reading issues, but they're mostly for high speed guys, which doesn't apply to me.

Version 4 is supposed to have updated graphics.

In the other forum, for a time a representation of SkyTrak was posting. His original claim was that 3.4 was delayed when (last year) the European Union changed their privacy laws (remember when every website was updating its terms of service?). On the whole, few people found the reasoning convincing.

There is some buzz that 3.4 might actually drop tonight; there are notifications on SkyTrak's website about it being down for maintenance this evening. At this point, it's all speculation.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Just now, GolfSpy MPR said:

There's been lots of discussion about this on other forums (there's a good one dedicated entirely to golf simulators which has a moderately active SkyTrak page).

Version 3.4 has been in beta for a while; I know this because I've used it firsthand. It includes several useful features, including the linking of multiple accounts to a single computer for multiplayer and allowing users to set up custom clubsets. It's also supposed to fix a couple of ball reading issues, but they're mostly for high speed guys, which doesn't apply to me.

Version 4 is supposed to have updated graphics.

In the other forum, for a time a representation of SkyTrak was posting. His original claim was that 3.4 was delayed when (last year) the European Union changed their privacy laws (remember when every website was updating its terms of service?). On the whole, few people found the reasoning convincing.

There is some buzz that 3.4 might actually drop tonight; there are notifications on SkyTrak's website about it being down for maintenance this evening. At this point, it's all speculation.

Do you know if you need to update thru the app or thru the unit itself?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

Do you know if you need to update thru the app or thru the unit itself?

Since there's been no official update since I've owned my SkyTrak, I don't actually know how it works. I would guess that for iPad/Android, the app would update as normal. The next time it's connected, if there's a firmware update for the device, I'd expect it would download that and push it to the SkyTrak.

For Windows, I'd imagine the app would need to be downloaded directly.

But again, since there hasn't been an update in over a year, you'd have to talk to someone who's had it for a long time to know for sure.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 1 year later...

There is a 4.0 Beta currently to download.  I look at golfsimulatorforum website from time to time and it looks like it's still only minor improvements.  They are doing another round of beta testing and then bringing it out I believe.  Your guess is as good as mine for how long that will take, but I would think around May/June.  We will see.  Glad they are finally adding a couple things to it.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"