L.A.B Golf Putters

Our Sponsors

Still watching this with bated breath. Looking toward maybe getting one of these, if I get a bonus or a raise, which is currently up in the air due to COVID, the election, and our funding coming from the county, state, and federal governments.

But really happy to see it working for y'all though!

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still trying to get used to this putter. First, you definitely can still push and pull putts like any other putter. Second, there are some suggested changes to grip pressure and ball position, so stil

Hey guys.....just wanted to check back into this question. First, I was fitted for the LAB, Blad 2.1. I went into the fitting as open minded as I could muster and with a mindset that I would purchase

Funny that you would mention the No Thumbs practice.  That is one of the things that Sam talked to me about, and really helps me feel the technology work. I will pass along your feedback.  Than

14 hours ago, edingc said:

Thanks to some nice weather I've had a lot more time to practice this fall than I originally anticipated. I'd say the remote fitting is pretty good. What it won't do, however, is find your ideal length as they leave it up to you to find something that is of "comfortable length." 

Knowing that I have your old Spider at 33", are you planning to stick to that length? I went from 33" to 36", but still grip down a little. I need to be mindful of my setup because I still find myself hunching a lot, but the results are better if I stand a bit more upright. 

The in person fitting I did had the adjustable length shaft and that was nice to find out what length was comfortable for me. But you could do the same by rolling a bunch of conventional putters of different lengths.

I'd have obviously been more concerned if the remote fitting had strayed 3-4+ degrees from the in person fitting, but my in person fitting was only ~1 degree different than my remote fitting.

I think I want to go to to 33.5 or 34 so I can stand a little taller and take some pressure off my lower back, but yeah I need to roll some to check it out. I've been gripping my ER5 almost off of the top of the grip to test it, but when I went from 34 to 33 I started putting a bit better. Might be good for me to go right in between

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I am still trying to get down distance control. The ball comes off much hotter than I think. I don't think its actually that the face its hotter. My hypothesis is that since with the DF 2.1, i place the ball much more forward in my stance, i am still taking as long of a stroke as i would with a putter where the ball is in the middle of my stance.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

I am still trying to get down distance control. The ball comes off much hotter than I think. I don't think its actually that the face its hotter. My hypothesis is that since with the DF 2.1, i place the ball much more forward in my stance, i am still taking as long of a stroke as i would with a putter where the ball is in the middle of my stance.

I was reading that because of the placement of the shaft, where it's more in the middle than the heel, that you will play your ball further forward because the shaft should be at center

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

16 hours ago, yungkory said:

I was reading that because of the placement of the shaft, where it's more in the middle than the heel, that you will play your ball further forward because the shaft should be at center

Correct. Once you hold the Press grip it just naturally feels right with ball placement in the middle.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (10.5°, Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 Hybrid X-Stiff
5-7:  
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
7-GW:  maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I finally tried one these this weekend. It's certainly an adjustment looking down at that massive & odd shaped head. The ball felt really good coming off the face, my distance control right off the bat was excellent, but every single putt was right of the hole. 

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

3 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I finally tried one these this weekend. It's certainly an adjustment looking down at that massive & odd shaped head. The ball felt really good coming off the face, my distance control right off the bat was excellent, but every single putt was right of the hole. 

Ball placement needs to be more forward, if you normally place the ball near the middle of your stance with a traditional putter.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

I hate that I like this putter.. haha. It is so ugly but it works. I guess I will have to keep it in the bag for a bit.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 5:06 AM, Headhammer said:

Try taking your thumbs off the grip for a few strokes, then replace them but just barely.  These respond much better to very light grip pressure.  Don't try to steer it, let it come through on its own.  It'll go where you have it aimed.

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Alta CB 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W & 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

On 11/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, dlow206 said:

Have you tried looking at your target when you take your stroke?  Because the DF 2.1 is SO FORGIVING of heel or toe strikes, you don't have to watch the ball to make sure you are hitting it in the exact center of the face.  I find that my distance control is much better when I'm looking at the flag stick in the middle of the hole (unless there is significant break, and I need to aim elsewhere to account for that).  Give it a shot, it really works for me.

• Like 1

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL:

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

On 5/22/2020 at 10:19 AM, Quigleyd said:

I know Bill Presse and played a DF for a while. I liked it. It is super stable and the tech is real. I just got tired of the ginormus head taking up my entire bag. 

Sounds like you would be a candidate for a B.2 -- same tech, lots smaller so it won't take up your whole bag.  Just not as forgiving as the higher MOI of the DF 2.1 (the rules of physics being what they are).

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

8 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Sounds like you would be a candidate for a B.2 -- same tech, lots smaller so it won't take up your whole bag.  Just not as forgiving as the higher MOI of the DF 2.1 (the rules of physics being what they are).

I tried it and didnt really like it. I will stick with the large model. Hugeness and all. haha. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.