Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Your last golf trip out of state or abroad

maite400h

My last significant golf holiday was a week in Scotland in 2018.  A friend of mine did all the bookings himself, and it was no real problem.  In hindsight, we might have chosen to stay at a different hotel for one of our two locations, but booking through a travel service wouldn't have eliminated that hotel.  I've planned 2 trips to Ireland and two to Scotland the same way, and never an issue.  

I go to Pinehurst pretty often, because I own a condo at one of the golf resorts there.  We book all of our golf through the resort, since they always get us lower rates than we could on our own.  In that area, booking through a resort or service might save some money, although using something like AirBnB could save enough money on lodging to offset the higher costs for golf.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Haven't taken a trip in the last year but my group usually locates a home in the area we're going to be playing. We have found and rented most of them through a VRBO or some such service. We've always been able to speak directly with the owner. So far this type of arrangement has worked great for us. Like Dave's Pinehurst experience, a home owner we rented from there once was able to get us preferred tee-times at a few courses. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My last trip was to the Charleston area last spring.  Played The Plantation Course at Edisto, Stono Ferry, CC of Charleston, Patriots Point and Bulls Bay.

Our next trip is one I have been planning for 20 years.  We are flying to Los Angeles in June 2021, renting an SUV and driving the Pacific Coast Highway to Seattle over a two to three week span.  We have already begun choosing the many golf stops along the way.  Although the list is far from complete, we are in agreement on Harding Park, Pacific Grove, Pasatiempo and The Sheep Ranch.  It's been my daughter's dream to attend Stanford University since she was about 8 years old.  She is making every effort to get a round there.  We will likely detour off HWY 1/101 to let her see the campus even if we don't get to play.  Looking forward to this trip!

Last year I had Two, my annual Buddy Trip to Kissimmee (4 days) in April where I make all the arrangements, and my annual week at Hilton Head Island in Sept, where I play the selected courses for my timeshare.

I anticipate the same trips this year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

My last trip was to the Charleston area last spring.  Played The Plantation Course at Edisto, Stono Ferry, CC of Charleston, Patriots Point and Bulls Bay.

Our next trip is one I have been planning for 20 years.  We are flying to Los Angeles in June 2021, renting an SUV and driving the Pacific Coast Highway to Seattle over a two to three week span.  We have already begun choosing the many golf stops along the way.  Although the list is far from complete, we are in agreement on Harding Park, Pacific Grove, Pasatiempo and The Sheep Ranch.  It's been my daughter's dream to attend Stanford University since she was about 8 years old.  She is making every effort to get a round there.  We will likely detour off HWY 1/101 to let her see the campus even if we don't get to play.  Looking forward to this trip!

Stanford course is fun. Been a long time since I've played it but really enjoyable. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I love Stono Ferry. Used to play it 8 - 10 times a year when my family had a place in Seabrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Last trip was Pinehurst with my son and we just booked the golf and loading through Pinehurst and I booked our flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

My last trip was for 2 weeks in Palm Springs, CA.  I can select from 4 condos in the area, but I could only get into the one I don't care for very much.  Still it was a great trip.  I fly Delta on Skymiles so free, and rent a car.  Played 11 times in 13 days and booked tee times when I got there.

My next trip is to Irvine, CA in April and I'm driving this time.  Don't have an itinerary, just have to be there April 8 and leave April 15.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”