Putt-Out rollout from perfect putt

So I have a PuttOut and a indoor mat (birdie ball) that's supposed to be a 10 / 11 on the stimp.

If I put a ball into the perfect putt micro target and juuuuuust get it to roll out back down the ramp on the 10 stimp direction, it goes ~30" down the mat, not 18". If I want it to roll out ~18", I need to release it from about the middle of the ramp fork that leads up to the micro-target. 

How far does it roll out for other folks? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

To think of this idea, sir, makes you a golf nerd. And you are among likeminded friends. Welcome!

I have a putting green in my basement. The first surface I had on it was a kind of heavy felt. I did the exact same thing you did and "Stimped" it with the PuttOut. Here's the link to my post about it, but here's the relevant information:

Downhill, a ball released from the Putt-Out traveled on average 52". Uphill, it was right at 24".

I ended up resurfacing the green with a much nicer turf, and repeated the test. Again, here's the link, and here are the results:

On the MegaGrass surface, it rolled out 30" downhill, and about 15" uphill.

So all this to say: it seems like PuttOut's estimate of 18" of roll would have to be on a relatively slow green, probably somewhere around 8 or less.

• Love 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess that's why my eye seems to like putts that roll just up to the base of the perfect putt opening more than all the way up!

Thanks for the summary @GolfSpy MPR that's some really good info.

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope