TESTERS WANTED! ×

Electric Walking Carts

GaDawg

·    Looking to purchase an electric walking cart, I love walking but cannot carry my clubs. I currently have a push cart, but my home course has a lot of hills. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I have listed the brands and models I have reviewing below.

MGI Zip Navigator

MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

Bag Boy Navigator

Motocaddy S7

·        CART TEK

Kangaroo

·    

·     

·      

Edited by GaDawg
Modify and change apperance

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'll add one more for your consideration.  I've owned a QOD for almost two seasons, and can't be more pleased.  

Positives: 

Size.  This folds up to about the size of a case of beer.

Battery life  Guaranteed to last for 36 holes initially, guaranteed to last for at least 18 holes after 3 years of use.

Quality - So far, I have had zero problems with the QOD, with something close to 100 rounds on a very hilly course

Negatives

No remote control, you control speed with a roller on the handle, and steer manually

Lateral stability, the design that keeps it so small means the rear drive wheels are fairly close-set.  Steering on a side slope, lifting the front wheels off the ground, can get it a little tippy.  Its easy to learn to use it without problems, but it takes a little adjustment.

Availability.  These come from Australia, and US shipments apparently sell out quickly.  There are time periods when new units are out of stock.

https://qodgolfusa.com/

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I don't know anything about these, but I read something this week about Alphard having a new model out.  If I were to get a battery powered cart, I'd look into these...

https://mygolfspy.com/tested-alphard-golf-ewheels-electric-push-cart-kit/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

We have a member at our Club that bought the MGI. He has used it daily for three seasons and it still runs perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

... I currently have the Mottocaddy S7, Bag Boy Navigator and the MGI Zip Navigator. They are all really good remote carts. I have been using remote carts since the mid 90's and the big problem with most remote carts is they wander and you need to constantly adjust their direction. You can make adjustments that will make the wandering minimal, but your cart still needs almost constant attention. The Navigators are different because they have a gyroscope built in so they don't wander. If they hit a bump of start to turn on a slight slope, the gyro brings it back on line and it stays on track. Huge difference when you don't have to worry if your cart is wandering away from you. 

... The BagBoy Navigator is more stable with 4 wheels but the battery is good for 18 and maybe 27 on a flat course. It is also a little difficult to control, or at least mine is. Sometimes it is slow to turn and other times it turns on a dime. The Zip is my favorite. The battery is the lightest and lasts the longest. You can easily play 36 on one charge. And of course the Zip has the gyro direction control. It is the lightest of the 3 and is easier to fold and unfold. It is also the least expensive. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 2/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, DaveP043 said:

I've owned a QOD for almost two seasons, and can't be more pleased. 

I really like those in part because they fold so small as you mentioned.  What kind of bag do you have?  Is it stable and resist twisting well?  Their website recommends a lightweight cart bag but I would think a stand bag that's semi-rigid would work just fine too.  

2 minutes ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

I really like those in part because they fold so small as you mentioned.  What kind of bag do you have?  Is it stable and resist twisting well?  Their website recommends a lightweight cart bag but I would think a stand bag that's semi-rigid would work just fine too.  

I have a 5-year old Ping Hoofer, and it works fine.  It can twist occasionally, and can get a bit off-balance, but since you have your hand on the trolley to steer, its no big deal to make corrections when that happens.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... I currently have the Mottocaddy S7, Bag Boy Navigator and the MGI Zip Navigator. They are all really good remote carts. I have been using remote carts since the mid 90's and the big problem with most remote carts is they wander and you need to constantly adjust their direction. You can make adjustments that will make the wandering minimal, but your cart still needs almost constant attention. The Navigators are different because they have a gyroscope built in so they don't wander. If they hit a bump of start to turn on a slight slope, the gyro brings it back on line and it stays on track. Huge difference when you don't have to worry if your cart is wandering away from you. 

... The BagBoy Navigator is more stable with 4 wheels but the battery is good for 18 and maybe 27 on a flat course. It os also a little difficult to control, or at least mine is. Sometimes it os slow to turn and other times it turns on a dime. The Zip is my favorite. The battery is the lightest and lasts the longest. You can easily play 36 on one charge. And of course the Zip has the gyro direction control. It is the lightest of the 3 and is easier to fold and unfold. It is also the least expensive. 

Thanks for the information, it is really helpful. I am strongly considering the MGI Zip Navigator. Costco has the all terrain model which has two front wheels separated a little and Amazon has one that has two wheels closer together. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours?

Your help is appreciated.

Edited by GaDawg
Double Post

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

... GaDawg my guess is they are the same, just a difference in pictures. I bought mine from In The Hole Golf because they had a free shipping, no tax and a $50 off coupon so I saved a couple hundred bucks. Let me know if you have any questions about the Zip. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, GaDawg said:

Thanks for the information, it is really helpful. I am strongly considering the MGI Zip Navigator. Costco has the all terrain model which has two front wheels separated a little and Amazon has one that has two wheels closer together. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours?

Your help is appreciated.

... Don't know if you are still in the market but I got this email today. On sale for $1495 with free shipping:

https://www.intheholegolf.com/MGI-ZIPNAV/MGI-ZIP-Navigator-Remote-Electric-Golf-Push-Cart.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=032020-mgi-promo&mc_cid=e5688e58fe&mc_eid=78db3c9d79

Great machine......one of our members is a walker and has two seasons on his buggy.

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm still interested in the original Alphard eWheels conversion setup. I already have a SM Speecart (rarely used anymore) in good condition. Our First Tee is in progress of renovating an abandoned driving range where we're also building a 6-hole practice loop - and that's where the eWheels comes in. The loop will be walking only but push type carts are welcomed. For $550 I can convert and use my Speedcart there. The course is basically flat and short. Additionally I can keep it at the facility and ready for use whenever I need.

I did notice their new model V-2 with the "tether" but that didn't interest me at all. The last thing I want is to clip a string to my belt and have to fiddle with that. I'm sure there are... but these electric push-type carts need to incorporate some type of proximity sensor where the cart will follow you - starting and stopping as necessary. Perhaps they're already out there but I haven't taken the time to research.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

There are two follow behind models that come to mind, the Stewart X9 and the Caddytrek.   I have been looking at these trolley's as well and trying to decide whether to go on the budget end and forgo things like (a remote, gyro tracking, braking, follow mode, free wheel mode) or determine if one or more of those features is important enough for the $$.  

It seems that anything with a lithium battery is pretty much $800 on up to $2500, with many in the $1000 - $1500 range.  

Cobra LTD Driver

Sterling SL 5-SW

Maltby MG 60 Wedge

Wishon 4W

DF Blad2 Putter

... I will add some thoughts about my experience with electric carts the I have been using since the early 90's. 

1. They will tip over. I don't care how diligent you are, if you are using a remote cart at some point you are gonna hit a hole/drainage ditch, mound, etc covered by grass and your cart will tip over. Something that probably will never happen with a non remote model. But for me the ease of a remote while walking normally, far out weighs the downside of a potential tip over. 

2. If using a remote be prepared to answer questions over and over and over again. Also reckless and stupid comments, especially from those with an alcohol emboldened attitude. It really gets old.

3. Using a non remote electric cart does not give you the freedom to swing your arms while you walk keeping maximum flexibility with no tension, something I absolutely love about the remote carts I have owned. That said, you can program some distance like 50 yds so the cart goes on its own with out you holding anything but keep in mind point 1 because that increases the chance of tipping over. 

4. If you have never tried one, I can assure you a non remote electric cart is light years better than a push cart. Some enjoy the added exercise that pushing the cart provides, especially if they play a relatively flat course. And of course they can be much less expensive if that is a consideration. 

5. Probably my biggest gripe with my remote carts thru the years is their tendency to wander the right or left. You have to keep some of your attention on the cart or if it only wanders left, you can send it out to the right and it will wander back but you have to do that over and over again. Most have some kind of mechanical wheel adjustments or electronic adjustments to minimize the wandering but it will always be there, even if just a little. I just assumed this was part of the deal until MGS/Bag Boy released their remote carts with a gyroscope that keeps my cart on it's path. If it hits a little slope and moves off the path, as soon as it get to relatively level around it self corrects and puts itself back on the correct path. For me this is huge and worth the extra $ over the cheaper remote carts.  

... I have been playing and walking with remote carts for over 25 years and love the freedom and exercise it provides as well as playing better than I do when riding in a cart. I feel better after and during the round and considering you can walk 5-8 miles on a golf course, the exercise that you don't even realize you are getting is a wonderful bonus. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

/Bag Boy released their remote carts with a gyroscope that keeps my cart on it's path.

I wasn't aware of this. A friend has a BB model of some type. I'll have to inquire and perhaps test his out. It might have the technology you're talking about. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

20 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I wasn't aware of this. A friend has a BB model of some type. I'll have to inquire and perhaps test his out. It might have the technology you're talking about. 

... The only BB cart with a gyroscope is the Navigator, which is really just the MGi from Australia. Same exact cart, different name but as far as I know still available from BB. Fwiw, MGi stopped making it when they released the Zip Navigator. For my $, a better remote cart, better battery, lighter and less expensive. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, chisag said:

... I will add some thoughts about my experience with electric carts the I have been using since the early 90's. 

1. They will tip over. I don't care how diligent you are, if you are using a remote cart at some point you are gonna hit a hole/drainage ditch, mound, etc covered by grass and your cart will tip over. Something that probably will never happen with a non remote model. But for me the ease of a remote while walking normally, far out weighs the downside of a potential tip over. 

2. If using a remote be prepared to answer questions over and over and over again. Also reckless and stupid comments, especially from those with an alcohol emboldened attitude. It really gets old.

3. Using a non remote electric cart does not give you the freedom to swing your arms while you walk keeping maximum flexibility with no tension, something I absolutely love about the remote carts I have owned. That said, you can program some distance like 50 yds so the cart goes on its own with out you holding anything but keep in mind point 1 because that increases the chance of tipping over. 

4. If you have never tried one, I can assure you a non remote electric cart is light years better than a push cart. Some enjoy the added exercise that pushing the cart provides, especially if they play a relatively flat course. And of course they can be much less expensive if that is a consideration. 

5. Probably my biggest gripe with my remote carts thru the years is their tendency to wander the right or left. You have to keep some of your attention on the cart or if it only wanders left, you can send it out to the right and it will wander back but you have to do that over and over again. Most have some kind of mechanical wheel adjustments or electronic adjustments to minimize the wandering but it will always be there, even if just a little. I just assumed this was part of the deal until MGS/Bag Boy released their remote carts with a gyroscope that keeps my cart on it's path. If it hits a little slope and moves off the path, as soon as it get to relatively level around it self corrects and puts itself back on the correct path. For me this is huge and worth the extra $ over the cheaper remote carts.  

... I have been playing and walking with remote carts for over 25 years and love the freedom and exercise it provides as well as playing better than I do when riding in a cart. I feel better after and during the round and considering you can walk 5-8 miles on a golf course, the exercise that you don't even realize you are getting is a wonderful bonus. 

Thank you for this write up.  This is more helpful than the info in most reviews on YouTube.  

On 3/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, chisag said:

Costco now has the Zip Navigator for $1299 with a bunch of extras included.  https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=mgi  I have had one for two years and like it very much.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft set to flat with weights set to fade.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • Go back and forth between :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length and :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne putter 33 inch length
  • Bridgestone B X.

3 minutes ago, HAC said:

Costco now has the Zip Navigator for $1299 with a bunch of extras included.  https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=mgi  I have had one for two years and like it very much.

... Wow if this is affordable for anyones budget, it is the deal of the century! Considering the original Navigator sold for $2400 this is just about 1/2 the price and imo a better cart. The battery on my original Navigator was usually good for 27 holes but twice ran out after about 24 holes on a hilly course and the Zip can go 36 and still have plenty of life left in it. Thanks for posting this! 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, chisag said:

I will add some thoughts about my experience with electric carts

Have you used the Alphard eWheels at all?  This seems to be the least expensive way to get remote functionality.  My pushcart has a swivel front wheel so it should work well.  It's also half the price of the Zip Navigator.  If so, what were your thoughts on the Alphard product? 

5 minutes ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

Have you used the Alphard eWheels at all?  This seems to be the least expensive way to get remote functionality.  My pushcart has a swivel front wheel so it should work well.  It's also half the price of the Zip Navigator.  If so, what were your thoughts on the Alphard product? 

... I have used remote carts since the early 90's so I have no push carts to try with the eWheels. I do know several of my earlier remote carts went under due to quality control issues and the ones that are still in existence are not perfect, although the ZIP comes close. Personally I would be a little suspect of an after market remote that depends on a synergy with your current cart. But again that comes from years of experience with other remote carts and may not apply to eWheels. I do find the eWheels interesting though, especially of you already own a push cart you really like. 

I've got a ClicGear 8 and love it. I have most of the accessories for it and it folds down to nothing. But I want electric with a follow me feature. So I bought this. 

eWheels V2: Turn Any Pushcart Into A Smart Caddy.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ewheels-v2-turn-any-pushcart-into-a-smart-caddy/x/2747737?utm_campaign=contribution_receipt&utm_content=receipt-campaign_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=lifecycle#/

Waiting for delivery now. It's got a follow me feature with a tether, a removable battery so I bought an extra one. Gyroscope to keep it on track and of course the remote control. Best of all I get to keep my ClicGear 8.

Edited by ckeller52
-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER       cobra WideSport 35" 
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

On 3/31/2020 at 2:35 PM, HAC said:

After doing a lot of research and reading the comments on the forum, I have ordered the Zip Navigator from Costco. Should be here in 5to 7 days.

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone!

Be Safe!

• 2 weeks later...

... Interesting article from GOLF magazine on the argument for walking:

"

• According to the World Golf Foundation, walking 18 holes burns 1500-2000 calories. This is GREAT for your heart health because according to Harvard Medical School, walking a golf course helps prevents heart disease by lowering your cholesterol, lowering your blood pressure, and helping you lose/maintain a healthy weight.
  •  
  • The Director of Research at the Alzheimer’s Society also notes that walking stimulates brain stimulation and helps strengthen your brain’s memory circuits, which means you’ll be able to recall all of those memorable rounds with friends for years and years to come.
  •  
  • Walking is also good for toning and strengthening your muscles and helps retain bone density, which is important for people as they age.
  •  
  • While golf carts are popular, the USGA has admitted that they can be harmful to the course and cause damage in high-traffic areas. Yes, there are rules and etiquette that govern where and how you should ride in a cart, but we all know people who flout them and do what they like. Unfortunately, that means that greens, bunkers and even fairways get damaged and courses have to pay to fix them. This can lead courses to close certain parts of the property or mark them as off-limits, which lessens the experience for the overall course, and if the damage is severe and costly to fix, courses may wind up passing those costs to members by way of increased dues or greens fees.
  •  
  • The game of golf is all about rhythm. Everything from the swing, to the way a group takes turns playing, to the momentum of a round has a rhythm,and walking is a great way to tap into a steady rhythm between shots. This can help you find more consistency in your game and shoot lower scores as a result.

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Interesting article from GOLF magazine on the argument for walking:

"

• According to the World Golf Foundation, walking 18 holes burns 1500-2000 calories. This is GREAT for your heart health because according to Harvard Medical School, walking a golf course helps prevents heart disease by lowering your cholesterol, lowering your blood pressure, and helping you lose/maintain a healthy weight.
  •  
  • The Director of Research at the Alzheimer’s Society also notes that walking stimulates brain stimulation and helps strengthen your brain’s memory circuits, which means you’ll be able to recall all of those memorable rounds with friends for years and years to come.
  •  
  • Walking is also good for toning and strengthening your muscles and helps retain bone density, which is important for people as they age.
  •  
  • While golf carts are popular, the USGA has admitted that they can be harmful to the course and cause damage in high-traffic areas. Yes, there are rules and etiquette that govern where and how you should ride in a cart, but we all know people who flout them and do what they like. Unfortunately, that means that greens, bunkers and even fairways get damaged and courses have to pay to fix them. This can lead courses to close certain parts of the property or mark them as off-limits, which lessens the experience for the overall course, and if the damage is severe and costly to fix, courses may wind up passing those costs to members by way of increased dues or greens fees.
  •  
  • The game of golf is all about rhythm. Everything from the swing, to the way a group takes turns playing, to the momentum of a round has a rhythm,and walking is a great way to tap into a steady rhythm between shots. This can help you find more consistency in your game and shoot lower scores as a result.

Thanks for posting this information. I just received my MGI Zip Navigator yesterday. Got it assembled today, with battery charging as I type this. Very much looking forward to getting out on the course walking very soon.

51 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Thanks for posting this information. I just received my MGI Zip Navigator yesterday. Got it assembled today, with battery charging as I type this. Very much looking forward to getting out on the course walking very soon.

... Sweet! Looking forward to hearing how much you like it. 

I have the MGI Zip Navigator which works really well for me. 

Pros:

• Long battery life
  • Sleek design
  • Controls on handle and remote
  • Rechargeable remote
  • Folds up easily and quickly with only 2 lock points 
  • Folding 4th rear wheel to stop cart from flipping over on steeper terrain
  • Gyro to keep the cart moving in a straight line if it hits uneven ground, less use of the directional controls on the remote
  • Nice battery setup, easy to remove with handle. Design does not allow grit to get in. My girlfriend has a Moto Caddy and grit in the battery compartment is a constant issue. Sometimes it is very difficult to remove her battery as the grit causes excess friction on the inside of the battery compartment.

Cons:

• I bit heavier than some others due to 2 motors
  • Accessory beverage holder could be larger to accept more bottle types and sizes
  • Accessory scorecard holder could be larger as my courses scorecards have to be trimmed to fit
  • Could use an umbrella storage bracket or bungee when not in use.

All in all the Zip Navigator is an excellent cart...you can’t go wrong. I have had mine almost a year now and still working well...hope this helps.

:taylormade-small: M5 9° Driver Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3 Wood VA Raijin 74 Four

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5 Wood  Fuji Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

:honma: 19° 3 Hybrid Patterson Balistic Hut30

:honma: TW-X Irons Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:honma:TW Wedges 54°/60° Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:odyssey-small: EXO Putter

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone hasn't seen the videos of the testers and the new ewheels V2, you can see them here. Pretty cool stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2978965878995688/?ref=share

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I've had the Stewart X9 follow for about 18 months now. Just posting on this thread in case anyone has any questions about it.
I've only just joined MGS and surprised there aren't more posts about this cart. 2 of my playing partners have the eWheels so I can provide feedback on that cart also.

For the more experienced members do you think an X9 review would be worth doing / helpful?

8 hours ago, mizuno said:

I've had the Stewart X9 follow for about 18 months now. Just posting on this thread in case anyone has any questions about it.
I've only just joined MGS and surprised there aren't more posts about this cart. 2 of my playing partners have the eWheels so I can provide feedback on that cart also.

For the more experienced members do you think an X9 review would be worth doing / helpful?

I checked out the  Stewart site over the  weekend, it looks like first rate quality unit.  It's  on the high end but I'm sure worth it.   I started a thread the other day, asking for advice on those that had gone from  100% riding to walking.  Before  I made that size of investment, I wanted to be sure walking is something I'd stick with, as or course is not really walking friendly, although during the pandemic early days before we closed, we were filled with walkers, mostly carrying their own bags.   So it can be done. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12