TESTERS WANTED! ×

Electric Walking Carts

GaDawg

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I walk two out of three rounds during the week now. I have a Bagboy push cart and now at 70 years old, you guys have me thinking.  Pushing a cart up hills on the bag nine is rough on the ole back!

... We watch the guys on tour walking with good posture while their caddies carry their bag. The difference between carrying your clubs and pushing a cart is huge. I would argue the difference between pushing and walking behind your cart running on it's own power is equally huge. When you play 5-7 times a week it truly is a game changer. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... We watch the guys on tour walking with good posture while their caddies carry their bag. The difference between carrying your clubs and pushing a cart is huge. I would argue the difference between pushing and walking behind your cart running on it's own power is equally huge. When you play 5-7 times a week it truly is a game changer. 

This week I walked three times and the ole body is hollering uncle 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Not so bad pushing a cart in Florida

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Foresight Forecaddy and when it was working all features follow, power assist worked relatively well. However, the left handle broke and I brought the cart in for service. They repaired the left handle, and redesigned the handle because others had the same problems. Anyways, I receive my cart back and the follow and power assist modes did not work. Follow mode which is awesome when it works wasn’t the same. I then bring it back to them for service and they said the firmware didn’t take and problem fixed. I then take it out and the same problems occur with the follow mode. Basically the design of the cart is not meant to manually push because the front wheels diameter is so small so if the power assist or follow mode or remote doesn't work, this cart is not designed for manual push. I went from a Clicgea 8.0 to this cart so I know a clicgear design can go through heavy grass and designed well. I bring the cart back and they said they will put the cart through a full diagnostic and give them a week to do the full diagnostic. After a week they email me to tell me “The Forecaddy is one of our devices that is not manufactured in house by Foresight. The Third party manufacturers that designs and builds the Forecaddy ultimately has the authority to authorize all repairs and replacements. We are still waiting a response on your particular cart.”
So the entire time I’m assigning they are fixing my cart in house. My argument is if they can’t fix my cart which is still within 1 year warranty, why don’t they just give me a new cart replacement. This is unacceptable customer service. I’ve been patient with the repair time. I’d be more frustrated if I had to ship the cart in for repair, luckily I’m local. Anyone considering purchasing this cart, I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, ole gray said:

This week I walked three times and the ole body is hollering uncle 

OG - I've pretty much wrecked my back from all the bag-carrying I've done in my life (both caddying and playing).  I pushed for ages, and I'd be OK while playing, but I'd be really stiff after driving home from the course.  Earlier this year I actually paid attention to the position you get yourself into when pushing a cart up a hill, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  

I picked up a Rovic RV1S with the original Alphard eWheels, and I love it.  @chisag is spot on about the pros getting to walk all 18 holes with a great posture.  I feel so much better after the round, especially if I need to get in another nine (or more).

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

OG - I've pretty much wrecked my back from all the bag-carrying I've done in my life (both caddying and playing).  I pushed for ages, and I'd be OK while playing, but I'd be really stiff after driving home from the course.  Earlier this year I actually paid attention to the position you get yourself into when pushing a cart up a hill, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  

I picked up a Rovic RV1S with the original Alphard eWheels, and I love it.  @chisag is spot on about the pros getting to walk all 18 holes with a great posture.  I feel so much better after the round, especially if I need to get in another nine (or more).

Thanks for the testimony!  I walked three times this week and when I finished my round yesterday I was a whupped ole man.  I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.   You lean forward when you push up those steep inclines and no doubt it pulls hard on the lower back.  I have an appointment with my doc March 3rd to schedule an MRI and ablation.   I have two bulging discs, hip pain (on both sides), and knee aches yet I still walk up to 18 miles plus on the golf course not to include my at home walks each week. I'm a tough ole coot but dayuuuuummmmm a cart that allows me to enjoy my walks without kinking up the back would be heaven.  

Cleveland

On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, ole gray said:

Thanks for the testimony!  I walked three times this week and when I finished my round yesterday I was a whupped ole man.  I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.   You lean forward when you push up those steep inclines and no doubt it pulls hard on the lower back.  I have an appointment with my doc March 3rd to schedule an MRI and ablation.   I have two bulging discs, hip pain (on both sides), and knee aches yet I still walk up to 18 miles plus on the golf course not to include my at home walks each week. I'm a tough ole coot but dayuuuuummmmm a cart that allows me to enjoy my walks without kinking up the back would be heaven.  

I have a Kangaroo with remote, and it is very heavy. Our course has been very wet, so I have used my push cart to keep from tracking up the course. It is a huge difference using the remote vs. the push cart. It will be a ton easier on your body to use an electric cart.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, ole gray said:

I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.

As a beagle owner, this made me laugh pretty hard!

6 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

I have a Kangaroo with remote, and it is very heavy. Our course has been very wet, so I have used my push cart to keep from tracking up the course. It is a huge difference using the remote vs. the push cart. It will be a ton easier on your body to use an electric cart.

Another plus for the eWheels.  The axle unit weighs less than 25 lbs., and it's compact.  It's not much trouble to get it in and out of the car.  And the wheels are wide; it doesn't mess up the course.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd love to hear thoughts on the V2 Alphard eWheels as well...thanks.
I was looking to buy an electric cart and thought for sure that I was going to get the Zip Navigator. But then the Alphard V2 came ont my radar thanks to MGS. I went with the V2 because it was more cost effective, but more importantly, it's "weatherproof", so I won't be afraid to use it in the rain. A representative from MGI actually told me not to use the Zip in the rain. That was a deal breaker for me.

I haven't actually used it yet except for tooling it around in the house because it's been too cold/too much snow to golf.

The unit can work with a fixed front wheel, but a swivel wheel works best. I didn't opt for the TFS (tether follow). They have a non-tethered system in development. Battery is rated for 27 holes, and you can purchase an extra battery if you want. It does have a gyro, so it should steer straight.

I doubt that this unit is going to be perfect, but right now I'm happy with my decision and can't wait to get it out on the course.

Sent from my SM-T500 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

I’ve thought about getting some sort of motorized cart, unfortunately none of my buddies walk...they live on the course we play most often and all own their own carts so I would be holding everybody up if I walked. Plus not sure I could walk in 95* temps in the summer

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

7 hours ago, TBT said:

I’ve thought about getting some sort of motorized cart, unfortunately none of my buddies walk...they live on the course we play most often and all own their own carts so I would be holding everybody up if I walked. Plus not sure I could walk in 95* temps in the summer

I have a Zip Nav AT and I've played with all mixes of motorized and pushcarts and it doesn't hold anyone up in my experience. Sure moto carts are faster but most have to go to two locations/players, some holes are cart path only, etc. whereas with a push or electric cart you go directly to your ball alone.

Now if you're the only one walking with 3 others in motorized carts it may be a little awkward but I don't think you will hold them up.

As for temps, this will be my first summer with an electric cart, and I suspect I will have a threshold where it's just too hot to walk - I am guessing anything over 90F but we'll see. I am planning to carry lots of water to see how it goes...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

5 hours ago, Middler said:

I have a Zip Nav AT and I've played with all mixes of motorized and pushcarts and it doesn't hold anyone up in my experience. Sure moto carts are faster but most have to go to two locations/players, some holes are cart path only, etc. whereas with a push or electric cart you go directly to your ball alone.

Now if you're the only one walking with 3 others in motorized carts it may be a little awkward but I don't think you will hold them up.

As for temps, this will be my first summer with an electric cart, and I suspect I will have a threshold where it's just too hot to walk - I am guessing anything over 90F but we'll see. I am planning to carry lots of water to see how it goes...

... To add to this, personally I have never felt awkward walking while the 3 players I am with ride in carts. I think many underestimate how fast walking is when you pull a club and start walking after your shot while putting the club back in the bag and head directly to your next shot. Those in carts have to go back to the bag, put in their clubs then get in the cart and start driving to another ball and they may have to stay on paths or at least go around areas walkers can go right through, which always seems to take longer than walking. I would say the vast majority of the time I am waiting for the 3 some in carts and they rarely wait for me. Granted I have an electric cart which always keeps a steady pace but my pard pushes and it seems the only difference is he gets more tired by the end of the back 9. 

... There is also plenty of time for social interaction on the greens, tees and while waiting for the group in front. All that said, I get walking while all your friends ride can seem a little weird for some. 

I finally got my electric cart (BatCaddy X8R).  It arrived while I was playing this weekend.  Of course, we are expecting snow for the next week, so I won’t get to try it for a while.  

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

6 hours ago, Middler said:

I have had my Zip Nav AT for a year and I love it! I don't have a issue keeping up with others in a golf cart if they are playing at a 3 hour pace for 18 holes. Played all last summer in Georgia heat and humidity, just had to stay hydrated. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Lol, yeah if I didn’t play when it was over 90* I couldn’t play from May-Mid October.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

7 hours ago, TBT said:

Lol, yeah if I didn’t play when it was over 90* I couldn’t play from May-Mid October.

Misunderstanding? I meant I’ll walk under 90F and take a riding cart over 90F, or whatever my xxF threshold turns out to be - I don’t know yet. I haven’t found a limit above which I can’t play with a motorized cart (yet). I’ve got my electric walking cart rigged up to carry lots of water bottles!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 7/29/2020 at 10:20 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

think you were asking GoPokes14 - but this is My ewheels rig...

9361635C-1601-4373-B43A-8F9EA4855785.jpeg.84249ad2b7049688fe230c471b7d4be0.jpeg

and being a rule breaker...

9C2C7883-E1D2-4F57-A460-D9B8B7DB9E80.gif

I appreciate it when the stakes are far enough apart the pushcart can roll through

E02BB350-0C8E-42F1-932D-5F8A96F126E8.jpeg.d5e994293d0aeff1ce599f58fd8159dd.jpeg

Love that first photo...very cool perspective!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 5:10 PM, "Mr. 72" said:

I was looking to buy an electric cart and thought for sure that I was going to get the Zip Navigator. But then the Alphard V2 came ont my radar thanks to MGS. I went with the V2 because it was more cost effective, but more importantly, it's "weatherproof", so I won't be afraid to use it in the rain. A representative from MGI actually told me not to use the Zip in the rain. That was a deal breaker for me.

I haven't actually used it yet except for tooling it around in the house because it's been too cold/too much snow to golf.

The unit can work with a fixed front wheel, but a swivel wheel works best. I didn't opt for the TFS (tether follow). They have a non-tethered system in development. Battery is rated for 27 holes, and you can purchase an extra battery if you want. It does have a gyro, so it should steer straight.

I doubt that this unit is going to be perfect, but right now I'm happy with my decision and can't wait to get it out on the course.

Sent from my SM-T500 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm interested to hear more about the V2.  It looks like they have a kit to convert the V1 to the V2, and I'm wondering if it's worth the money.  I actually picked up a second eWheels unit (without remote) on the Goodwill auction site.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

8 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I'm interested to hear more about the V2.  It looks like they have a kit to convert the V1 to the V2, and I'm wondering if it's worth the money. 

I’m looking at the same thing (web page tab has been open for a week now in my background) I love my eWheels, but it does tend to want to continually veer off to the left and I have a lot of side hills so the gyroscope has me intrigued. More torque and speed would be nice too. 

id also love to hear some unvarnished stories of how well their “tether” has worked. Just seems a bit odd to me, but on their web site they seem to have a bunch of fans. I dunno, I’m just used to following the cart rather than it follow me. 

My biggest fear frankly is stripping those little hex screws. I’ve had to replace the battery.  It was an easy procedure so I’m not worried about replacing the components. If I can do it anyone can. But I did have trouble getting those screws on the faceplate out. So I’d need to either have them send me some more or find a suitable replacement at the hardware store. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

3 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I’m looking at the same thing (web page tab has been open for a week now in my background) I love my eWheels, but it does tend to want to continually veer off to the left and I have a lot of side hills so the gyroscope has me intrigued. More torque and speed would be nice too. 

id also love to hear some unvarnished stories of how well their “tether” has worked. Just seems a bit odd to me, but on their web site they seem to have a bunch of fans. I dunno, I’m just used to following the cart rather than it follow me. 

Same situation over here. I’ve had the eWheels V2 with the TFS (Tether Follow System) and the Clicgear front swivel conversion kit in a checkout cart for a month.

The things keeping me from pulling the trigger are the battery limitations and TFS questions.

From what I’ve read, carts with a swivel wheel will extend the battery range some, but 27 holes is probably still a stretch. I also wonder if the improved gyroscope auto tracking would be somewhat negated with swivel wheel carts. And the limited (TFS + swivel) videos make it appear that setup tracks like me walking home from parties in college. That can’t be good for battery range.

I was able to take a Club Car Tempo Walk for a loop at Barton Creek last December and having your bag just follow you around is the bees knees. But that thing costs a small fortune and is an absolute tank. You’d need ramps to get it in the back of an SUV. Their setup has mildly annoying functional hiccups too and the Pro at BC told me it gives them all kinds of trouble in TX Summer temps.

I’ve heard the next iteration of Alphard’s follow system will be tetherless, so maybe that’s also worth waiting for? I need some answers! I’m going to call Clicgear (Alphard’s US distributor) today and find out what they’re willing to share re: expectations/limitations and future product developments for the eWheels.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

The things keeping me from pulling the trigger are the battery limitations and TFS questions

What are you hearing about the battery?  They say you can use your V1; but are you saying it pulls more juice?  

I’ve always gotten 18 holes out of mine  never tried for more.  I’ve always got a couple lights left...   I’m an 18 or 36 kind of guy with an occasional bout of 54 hole madness - in which case I was riding the replays.

my one complaint about the battery is though the charge is there it just seems a bit slower on the back nine  can’t get the same speed as I had on the first couple of holes  

I’ve seen those ClubCars at some high end resorts - but never one in action. Again, I just like to send the cart out ahead of me.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

25 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

What are you hearing about the battery?  They say you can use your V1; but are you saying it pulls more juice?

I’ve heard that non swivel wheel carts take substantially more battery to turn left/right and getting 27 holes out of that setup with an eWheels is stretching it pretty thin. Alternatively, in the videos I seen with a (swivel + TFS) setup, it seems to constantly overcorrect and meanders all over the place. So presumably it takes less battery to turn, but it’s also traveling a substantially longer distance than were it tracking in a straight line. So I’m curious how those two cart setup options effectively shake out on actual range.

On the remote side, non swivel would seem to require fewer minor input corrections, but in addition to less battery range, offers substantially less turning maneuverability. The freedom to just “take in the walk” that I experienced with the ClubCar Tempo Walk was amazing and never having used one, I wonder how much that would be diminished by constantly fiddling with a remote. The remote controlled eWheels V2 with TFS sounds nearly perfect for the simulated caddy experience and very reasonably priced. I just need to call Clicgear and get their firsthand advice on the pros/cons of the swivel conversion kit, because from my perspective, it’s not necessarily all pros.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

... Having used quite a few electric and remote controlled carts since the early 90's including Sun Mountain, Powacaddy, Mottocaddy, Navigator and ZIP, the advancements in battery life and tracking are pretty remarkable. Batteries are now half the size and twice the range. 

... I had the Mottocaddy M7 was really nice but tended to wander and needed too much of my attention. Moving to the Navigator and the internal gyroscope was a game changer. It's kinda like breathing because once you get used to it, you don't even notice you are using it other than stopping and starting because it stays on line. The main reason I went to the ZIP was the combination of the gyroscope tracking, smaller footprint and more powerful battery. The ZIP does 36 holes with ease and one day about a month ago I thought I had played 1 round but had actually played 2. Battery was mid low to start the round and I knew it would not make it for 54 holes on one charge and asked my playing pard if I could put it on his cart when it ran out and he said "of course". 

... It made to for 54 holes and to the parking lot. Red light was letting me know it was about to quit at any second for the last several holes and I was honestly shocked it lasted all 54 holes. Good to know because I played Sandpiper with my original navigator and we played 27 holes on that very hilly terrain and it dies with 3 holes left to play. The ZIP could handle 36 at Sandpiper and then some. 

4 hours ago, downlowkey said:

Same situation over here. I’ve had the eWheels V2 with the TFS (Tether Follow System) and the Clicgear front swivel conversion kit in a checkout cart for a month.

The things keeping me from pulling the trigger are the battery limitations and TFS questions.

From what I’ve read, carts with a swivel wheel will extend the battery range some, but 27 holes is probably still a stretch. I also wonder if the improved gyroscope auto tracking would be somewhat negated with swivel wheel carts. And the limited (TFS + swivel) videos make it appear that setup tracks like me walking home from parties in college. That can’t be good for battery range.

I was able to take a Club Car Tempo Walk for a loop at Barton Creek last December and having your bag just follow you around is the bees knees. But that thing costs a small fortune and is an absolute tank. You’d need ramps to get it in the back of an SUV. Their setup has mildly annoying functional hiccups too and the Pro at BC told me it gives them all kinds of trouble in TX Summer temps.

I’ve heard the next iteration of Alphard’s follow system will be tetherless, so maybe that’s also worth waiting for? I need some answers! I’m going to call Clicgear (Alphard’s US distributor) today and find out what they’re willing to share re: expectations/limitations and future product developments for the eWheels.

I can easily get 36 holes out of my MGI Zip Navigator, probably could get 45 holes.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

I’ve heard that non swivel wheel carts take substantially more battery to turn left/right and getting 27 holes out of that setup with an eWheels is stretching it pretty thin.

I’ve got a BagBoy Quad - I suppose I could start a Go Fund Me, test it out and submit a review...

On 3/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, chisag said:

... To add to this, personally I have never felt awkward walking while the 3 players I am with ride in carts. I think many underestimate how fast walking is when you pull a club and start walking after your shot while putting the club back in the bag and head directly to your next shot. Those in carts have to go back to the bag, put in their clubs then get in the cart and start driving to another ball and they may have to stay on paths or at least go around areas walkers can go right through, which always seems to take longer than walking. I would say the vast majority of the time I am waiting for the 3 some in carts and they rarely wait for me. Granted I have an electric cart which always keeps a steady pace but my pard pushes and it seems the only difference is he gets more tired by the end of the back 9. 

... There is also plenty of time for social interaction on the greens, tees and while waiting for the group in front. All that said, I get walking while all your friends ride can seem a little weird for some. 

Heck there have been many times when I beat the riders to the green! I again played walked three times this week and my back was calling me out by the third round. Pushing up the hills around my course does not allow for good posture as you have to lean forward playing havoc on the ole back.  Not to mention I went to Lowe's yesterday to pick up a few bricks for a project and my back froze up on me. 70 years old is not for sissies 

Cleveland

On 3/25/2021 at 3:07 PM, downlowkey said:

I’ve heard that non swivel wheel carts take substantially more battery to turn left/right and getting 27 holes out of that setup with an eWheels is stretching it pretty thin.

I routinely get 27 holes out of my V1 eWheels with a swivel-wheeled Rovic RV1S.  

Fiddling with the remote really doesn't bother me much, and my cart pulls to the right a little bit (probably an imbalanced bag).  I honestly don't think about it, correcting the path it's traveling is second nature by now.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 2 months later...

FYI for those thinking about getting an electric cart, Costco has the sale on the MGI Zip Navigator AT online for for the next week (through 6/13/21) at the $1299 price with accessories ($300 off list with about $250 worth of accessories.)

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

6 hours ago, Gatorbob said:

FYI for those thinking about getting an electric cart, Costco has the sale on the MGI Zip Navigator AT online for for the next week (through 6/13/21) at the $1299 price with accessories ($300 off list with about $250 worth of accessories.)

I purchased mine from Costco with the same promotion last April. You will not go wrong!

Thanks for all the reading material on these electric carts, I still push but this is on my list to replace the push cart. 

WITB=

:callaway-small: Mavrik SZ 9.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 3W 15*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5W 18*

:srixon-small:ZX7  5-PW

:callaway-small:Jaws 50 & 58

Toulon  Las Vegas