GaDawg

Electric Walking Carts

Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

Have you used the Alphard eWheels at all?  This seems to be the least expensive way to get remote functionality.  My pushcart has a swivel front wheel so it should work well.  It's also half the price of the Zip Navigator.  If so, what were your thoughts on the Alphard product? 

... I have used remote carts since the early 90's so I have no push carts to try with the eWheels. I do know several of my earlier remote carts went under due to quality control issues and the ones that are still in existence are not perfect, although the ZIP comes close. Personally I would be a little suspect of an after market remote that depends on a synergy with your current cart. But again that comes from years of experience with other remote carts and may not apply to eWheels. I do find the eWheels interesting though, especially of you already own a push cart you really like. 

• Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Posted (edited)

I've got a ClicGear 8 and love it. I have most of the accessories for it and it folds down to nothing. But I want electric with a follow me feature. So I bought this. 

eWheels V2: Turn Any Pushcart Into A Smart Caddy.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ewheels-v2-turn-any-pushcart-into-a-smart-caddy/x/2747737?utm_campaign=contribution_receipt&utm_content=receipt-campaign_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=lifecycle#/

Waiting for delivery now. It's got a follow me feature with a tether, a removable battery so I bought an extra one. Gyroscope to keep it on track and of course the remote control. Best of all I get to keep my ClicGear 8.

Edited by ckeller52
  • Like 2

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         default_callaway-small.jpg.8d98a06e9125f12a694e88ffcbab3e58.jpg  Apex 19 5-AW NIPPON NS950 S
3 & 4 Irons   Maltby TS-1 Forged NIPPON NS950 S 
WEDGES      PING   Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° & 58° SS
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 FUJIKURA TSG PRO XLR8 61 S
3 WOOD      default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 OBAN ISAWA RED 75 04
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      Evnroll-01_1.jpg.c44279091062836814d5f5119fc252ea.jpg ER2cs 370gr The Stability Shaft
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S62 and TecTecTec Range Finder.
And a SkyTrak launch monitor for the three times a week or so I hit the mat. 

On 3/31/2020 at 2:35 PM, HAC said:

Costco now has the Zip Navigator for $1299 with a bunch of extras included.  https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=mgi  I have had one for two years and like it very much.

After doing a lot of research and reading the comments on the forum, I have ordered the Zip Navigator from Costco. Should be here in 5to 7 days.

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone!

Be Safe!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

... Interesting article from GOLF magazine on the argument for walking:

"

• According to the World Golf Foundation, walking 18 holes burns 1500-2000 calories. This is GREAT for your heart health because according to Harvard Medical School, walking a golf course helps prevents heart disease by lowering your cholesterol, lowering your blood pressure, and helping you lose/maintain a healthy weight.
  •  
  • The Director of Research at the Alzheimer’s Society also notes that walking stimulates brain stimulation and helps strengthen your brain’s memory circuits, which means you’ll be able to recall all of those memorable rounds with friends for years and years to come.
  •  
  • Walking is also good for toning and strengthening your muscles and helps retain bone density, which is important for people as they age.
  •  
  • While golf carts are popular, the USGA has admitted that they can be harmful to the course and cause damage in high-traffic areas. Yes, there are rules and etiquette that govern where and how you should ride in a cart, but we all know people who flout them and do what they like. Unfortunately, that means that greens, bunkers and even fairways get damaged and courses have to pay to fix them. This can lead courses to close certain parts of the property or mark them as off-limits, which lessens the experience for the overall course, and if the damage is severe and costly to fix, courses may wind up passing those costs to members by way of increased dues or greens fees.
  •  
  • The game of golf is all about rhythm. Everything from the swing, to the way a group takes turns playing, to the momentum of a round has a rhythm,and walking is a great way to tap into a steady rhythm between shots. This can help you find more consistency in your game and shoot lower scores as a result.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Interesting article from GOLF magazine on the argument for walking:

"

• According to the World Golf Foundation, walking 18 holes burns 1500-2000 calories. This is GREAT for your heart health because according to Harvard Medical School, walking a golf course helps prevents heart disease by lowering your cholesterol, lowering your blood pressure, and helping you lose/maintain a healthy weight.
  •  
  • The Director of Research at the Alzheimer’s Society also notes that walking stimulates brain stimulation and helps strengthen your brain’s memory circuits, which means you’ll be able to recall all of those memorable rounds with friends for years and years to come.
  •  
  • Walking is also good for toning and strengthening your muscles and helps retain bone density, which is important for people as they age.
  •  
  • While golf carts are popular, the USGA has admitted that they can be harmful to the course and cause damage in high-traffic areas. Yes, there are rules and etiquette that govern where and how you should ride in a cart, but we all know people who flout them and do what they like. Unfortunately, that means that greens, bunkers and even fairways get damaged and courses have to pay to fix them. This can lead courses to close certain parts of the property or mark them as off-limits, which lessens the experience for the overall course, and if the damage is severe and costly to fix, courses may wind up passing those costs to members by way of increased dues or greens fees.
  •  
  • The game of golf is all about rhythm. Everything from the swing, to the way a group takes turns playing, to the momentum of a round has a rhythm,and walking is a great way to tap into a steady rhythm between shots. This can help you find more consistency in your game and shoot lower scores as a result.

Thanks for posting this information. I just received my MGI Zip Navigator yesterday. Got it assembled today, with battery charging as I type this. Very much looking forward to getting out on the course walking very soon.

51 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Thanks for posting this information. I just received my MGI Zip Navigator yesterday. Got it assembled today, with battery charging as I type this. Very much looking forward to getting out on the course walking very soon.

... Sweet! Looking forward to hearing how much you like it. 

• Like 2

I have the MGI Zip Navigator which works really well for me. 

Pros:

• Long battery life
  • Sleek design
  • Controls on handle and remote
  • Rechargeable remote
  • Folds up easily and quickly with only 2 lock points 
  • Folding 4th rear wheel to stop cart from flipping over on steeper terrain
  • Gyro to keep the cart moving in a straight line if it hits uneven ground, less use of the directional controls on the remote
  • Nice battery setup, easy to remove with handle. Design does not allow grit to get in. My girlfriend has a Moto Caddy and grit in the battery compartment is a constant issue. Sometimes it is very difficult to remove her battery as the grit causes excess friction on the inside of the battery compartment.

Cons:

• I bit heavier than some others due to 2 motors
  • Accessory beverage holder could be larger to accept more bottle types and sizes
  • Accessory scorecard holder could be larger as my courses scorecards have to be trimmed to fit
  • Could use an umbrella storage bracket or bungee when not in use.

All in all the Zip Navigator is an excellent cart...you can’t go wrong. I have had mine almost a year now and still working well...hope this helps.

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M5 9° Driver Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3 Wood VA Raijin 74 Four

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5 Wood  Fuji Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

:honma: 19° 3 Hybrid Patterson Balistic Hut30

:honma: TW-X Irons Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:honma:TW Wedges 54°/60° Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:odyssey-small: EXO Putter

If anyone hasn't seen the videos of the testers and the new ewheels V2, you can see them here. Pretty cool stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2978965878995688/?ref=share

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I've had the Stewart X9 follow for about 18 months now. Just posting on this thread in case anyone has any questions about it.
I've only just joined MGS and surprised there aren't more posts about this cart. 2 of my playing partners have the eWheels so I can provide feedback on that cart also.

For the more experienced members do you think an X9 review would be worth doing / helpful?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mizuno said:

I've had the Stewart X9 follow for about 18 months now. Just posting on this thread in case anyone has any questions about it.
I've only just joined MGS and surprised there aren't more posts about this cart. 2 of my playing partners have the eWheels so I can provide feedback on that cart also.

For the more experienced members do you think an X9 review would be worth doing / helpful?

I checked out the  Stewart site over the  weekend, it looks like first rate quality unit.  It's  on the high end but I'm sure worth it.   I started a thread the other day, asking for advice on those that had gone from  100% riding to walking.  Before  I made that size of investment, I wanted to be sure walking is something I'd stick with, as or course is not really walking friendly, although during the pandemic early days before we closed, we were filled with walkers, mostly carrying their own bags.   So it can be done. 

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

All -

I started this thread back in late February and decided to purchase the MG1 Zip Navigator several weeks ago. Due to the virus, the walking cart has been in my garage until this weekend. I walked 18 holes both Saturday and Sunday using my cart. I am not sure I will ever ride again unless it's on a vacation and I don't have my walking cart with me. I really enjoyed my round so much more and the exercise was great! The MG1 cart was fantastic, especially using the remote control. The first day, I used my normal golf shoes with spikes and wore spikeless shoes on Sunday. It was the same course and believe the spikeless shoes are going to be the right way to go. It was sooo much better than carrying my clubs or even pushing a cart, which I have done on a few occasions.

I feel that the Stewart cart is excellent, but not sure if it's worth the extra bucks?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

All -

I started this thread back in late February and decided to purchase the MG1 Zip Navigator several weeks ago. Due to the virus, the walking cart has been in my garage until this weekend. I walked 18 holes both Saturday and Sunday using my cart. I am not sure I will ever ride again unless it's on a vacation and I don't have my walking cart with me. I really enjoyed my round so much more and the exercise was great! The MG1 cart was fantastic, especially using the remote control. The first day, I used my normal golf shoes with spikes and wore spikeless shoes on Sunday. It was the same course and believe the spikeless shoes are going to be the right way to go. It was sooo much better than carrying my clubs or even pushing a cart, which I have done on a few occasions.

I feel that the Stewart cart is excellent, but not sure if it's worth the extra bucks?

Thanks for the update, the MGI Zip  and the OOD were the two primary ones I was looking at.   The Stewart and Bag Boy Navigator as well.   I know there are availability issues on the Bag Boy. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks for the update, the MGI Zip  and the OOD were the two primary ones I was looking at.   The Stewart and Bag Boy Navigator as well.   I know there are availability issues on the Bag Boy. 

... OK, sounding like a broken record, the only feature that the Bag Boy has over the ZIP is a little more stability with the wider 4 wheel chasis. Other than that, the ZIP is lighter, for me at least the remote function works better, the battery is much better with twice the life along with being smaller and easier to put on and take off. The ZIP battery also sits vertical on the back not horizontal on the bottom like the BB Navigator. I found that wetting my towel would drip water on the BB battery, and of course rain gathers around the BB battery as well. Neither is a problem with the ZIP.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... OK, sounding like a broken record, the only feature that the Bag Boy has over the ZIP is a little more stability with the wider 4 wheel chasis. Other than that, the ZIP is lighter, for me at least the remote function works better, the battery is much better with twice the life along with being smaller and easier to put on and take off. The ZIP battery also sits vertical on the back not horizontal on the bottom like the BB Navigator. I found that wetting my towel would drip water on the BB battery, and of course rain gathers around the BB battery as well. Neither is a problem with the ZIP.  

Thanks,  I have read all your posts on the carts both here and WRX and they have been the most helpful of anything, I very much appreciate it.   oh one reason for BB is we are an authorized dealer with DB so I could get a better price on it than the others.  But price won't be the ultimate deciding factor.   I really like what you've said about the QOD in other posts. 

• Like 1

I'd love to hear thoughts on the V2 Alphard eWheels as well...thanks.
Here's the official Facebook group with pictures, videos, testers thoughts and updates. I've got one on order as I was one of the kick starter people. It looks phenomenal.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2978965878995688/?ref=share

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

On 3/31/2020 at 11:42 AM, chisag said:

... Wow if this is affordable for anyones budget, it is the deal of the century! Considering the original Navigator sold for $2400 this is just about 1/2 the price and imo a better cart. The battery on my original Navigator was usually good for 27 holes but twice ran out after about 24 holes on a hilly course and the Zip can go 36 and still have plenty of life left in it. Thanks for posting this! 

Back up to $1599 now darn it, but I’m still interested...

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I wonder if you Jerry rigged a “skateboard” with a big wide wheel, would it be strong enough to pull you?

Currently testing for review:

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 StifF

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes