Electric Walking Carts

GaDawg

7 hours ago, Schultzz said:

The MGI Zip Naviagator All Terrain is definately the way to go. It has excellent control with the remote and the battery life is better than others. I know in Australia lots of people have this buggy and love it.

They can be purchased in Australia from Hillside Golf Buggies

Are you by any chance an employee or owner of Hillside?  I ask because of the photo in your profile.  

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 8/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, Don M said:

Do the Alphard or the MGI Zip Navigator have easy disconnect to let the wheels free-wheel?  In AZ in the winter, I connect the handle of my push cart to the rear rack on my bicycle, and I pedal to the course with my cart trailing behind me.  I'd love to get a remote electric cart, so the freewheel setting & convenience is important.

If you turn off the power to the Alphard EWheels, it is in free wheel mode. 

Edited by Gopokes14
  • Like 1

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-PW:  image.png.be056a2e1b7a7e1815fb084f09da2286.png623M  

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 7:47 PM, Gopokes14 said:

If you turn off the power to the Alphard EWheels, it is in free wheel mode. 

Yes, cart rolls just like a regular push cart.

• Like 1

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

All clubs standard length/lie

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST  8.5 Alta 55 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G400 13.5 Alta 65 stiff

3 hybrid: :ping-small: G400 19 Alta 70 stiff

Irons 4-PW:  image.png.be056a2e1b7a7e1815fb084f09da2286.png623M  

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS and E12 Speed

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the BATCADDY for 3 years and it has been reliable and easy to use especially with remote control AND the back wheel to prevent tipping while going up hills here is western PA

• Like 1

Apex 19 Irons and Wedges

Mavrik Driver

Odessey Stroke Lab 7s Putter

Chrome Soft Ball

BatCaddy Electric Cart

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, jgeary1206@gmail.com said:

I've been using the BATCADDY for 3 years and it has been reliable and easy to use especially with remote control AND the back wheel to prevent tipping while going up hills here is western PA

Yep..me too..Batcaddy R4X and it is a real pleasure to follow it around the course.

• Like 1

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

GaDawg ... i used a electric cart for 25 years & my last 6 walking seasons with a Kangaroo cart and the cart was a absolute tank that would go pretty much anywhere and i only had minimal problems , the only detriment was the price , $2100.00 but otherwise if i was still walking i would be still using the Kangaroo .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, GaDawg said:

All -

I started this thread back in late February and decided to purchase the MG1 Zip Navigator several weeks ago. Due to the virus, the walking cart has been in my garage until this weekend. I walked 18 holes both Saturday and Sunday using my cart. I am not sure I will ever ride again unless it's on a vacation and I don't have my walking cart with me. I really enjoyed my round so much more and the exercise was great! The MG1 cart was fantastic, especially using the remote control. The first day, I used my normal golf shoes with spikes and wore spikeless shoes on Sunday. It was the same course and believe the spikeless shoes are going to be the right way to go. It was sooo much better than carrying my clubs or even pushing a cart, which I have done on a few occasions.

... Just an FYI but I forgot to charge my ZIP after playing 2 rounds. I thought I had only played one round but realized I had 2 fun rounds with one charge. I had some yellow bars so figured I would use it til it died and bum a ride with my playing pard when it did. I was a little shocked that it lasted the entire 18 holes. One last red bar at the end but made it to my car. So one charge and 54 holes with the ZIP battery. Just amazing. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

• 4 weeks later...

As usual, I am late to this party, but I just pulled the trigger on the BatCaddy X8R.  Can't wait for it to arrive!

It comes standard with the rear wheel stabilizers, cup-holder, umbrella, etc.  I also got the seat, and basically every option possible :-)

batcaddyx8r.JPG

• Like 7

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

3 hours ago, HighFade said:

As usual, I am late to this party, but I just pulled the trigger on the BatCaddy X8R.  Can't wait for it to arrive!

It comes standard with the rear wheel stabilizers, cup-holder, umbrella, etc.  I also got the seat, and basically every option possible 🙂

batcaddyx8r.JPG

Hope you love yours as much as I have mine.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

I walk two out of three rounds during the week now. I have a Bagboy push cart and now at 70 years old, you guys have me thinking.  Pushing a cart up hills on the bag nine is rough on the ole back!

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I walk two out of three rounds during the week now. I have a Bagboy push cart and now at 70 years old, you guys have me thinking.  Pushing a cart up hills on the bag nine is rough on the ole back!

... We watch the guys on tour walking with good posture while their caddies carry their bag. The difference between carrying your clubs and pushing a cart is huge. I would argue the difference between pushing and walking behind your cart running on it's own power is equally huge. When you play 5-7 times a week it truly is a game changer. 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... We watch the guys on tour walking with good posture while their caddies carry their bag. The difference between carrying your clubs and pushing a cart is huge. I would argue the difference between pushing and walking behind your cart running on it's own power is equally huge. When you play 5-7 times a week it truly is a game changer. 

This week I walked three times and the ole body is hollering uncle 

• Like 2

Odyssey 

Not so bad pushing a cart in Florida

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Foresight Forecaddy and when it was working all features follow, power assist worked relatively well. However, the left handle broke and I brought the cart in for service. They repaired the left handle, and redesigned the handle because others had the same problems. Anyways, I receive my cart back and the follow and power assist modes did not work. Follow mode which is awesome when it works wasn’t the same. I then bring it back to them for service and they said the firmware didn’t take and problem fixed. I then take it out and the same problems occur with the follow mode. Basically the design of the cart is not meant to manually push because the front wheels diameter is so small so if the power assist or follow mode or remote doesn't work, this cart is not designed for manual push. I went from a Clicgea 8.0 to this cart so I know a clicgear design can go through heavy grass and designed well. I bring the cart back and they said they will put the cart through a full diagnostic and give them a week to do the full diagnostic. After a week they email me to tell me “The Forecaddy is one of our devices that is not manufactured in house by Foresight. The Third party manufacturers that designs and builds the Forecaddy ultimately has the authority to authorize all repairs and replacements. We are still waiting a response on your particular cart.”
So the entire time I’m assigning they are fixing my cart in house. My argument is if they can’t fix my cart which is still within 1 year warranty, why don’t they just give me a new cart replacement. This is unacceptable customer service. I’ve been patient with the repair time. I’d be more frustrated if I had to ship the cart in for repair, luckily I’m local. Anyone considering purchasing this cart, I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, ole gray said:

This week I walked three times and the ole body is hollering uncle 

OG - I've pretty much wrecked my back from all the bag-carrying I've done in my life (both caddying and playing).  I pushed for ages, and I'd be OK while playing, but I'd be really stiff after driving home from the course.  Earlier this year I actually paid attention to the position you get yourself into when pushing a cart up a hill, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  

I picked up a Rovic RV1S with the original Alphard eWheels, and I love it.  @chisag is spot on about the pros getting to walk all 18 holes with a great posture.  I feel so much better after the round, especially if I need to get in another nine (or more).

• Like 3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

OG - I've pretty much wrecked my back from all the bag-carrying I've done in my life (both caddying and playing).  I pushed for ages, and I'd be OK while playing, but I'd be really stiff after driving home from the course.  Earlier this year I actually paid attention to the position you get yourself into when pushing a cart up a hill, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  

I picked up a Rovic RV1S with the original Alphard eWheels, and I love it.  @chisag is spot on about the pros getting to walk all 18 holes with a great posture.  I feel so much better after the round, especially if I need to get in another nine (or more).

Thanks for the testimony!  I walked three times this week and when I finished my round yesterday I was a whupped ole man.  I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.   You lean forward when you push up those steep inclines and no doubt it pulls hard on the lower back.  I have an appointment with my doc March 3rd to schedule an MRI and ablation.   I have two bulging discs, hip pain (on both sides), and knee aches yet I still walk up to 18 miles plus on the golf course not to include my at home walks each week. I'm a tough ole coot but dayuuuuummmmm a cart that allows me to enjoy my walks without kinking up the back would be heaven.  

• Like 1

Odyssey 

On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, ole gray said:

Thanks for the testimony!  I walked three times this week and when I finished my round yesterday I was a whupped ole man.  I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.   You lean forward when you push up those steep inclines and no doubt it pulls hard on the lower back.  I have an appointment with my doc March 3rd to schedule an MRI and ablation.   I have two bulging discs, hip pain (on both sides), and knee aches yet I still walk up to 18 miles plus on the golf course not to include my at home walks each week. I'm a tough ole coot but dayuuuuummmmm a cart that allows me to enjoy my walks without kinking up the back would be heaven.  

I have a Kangaroo with remote, and it is very heavy. Our course has been very wet, so I have used my push cart to keep from tracking up the course. It is a huge difference using the remote vs. the push cart. It will be a ton easier on your body to use an electric cart.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, ole gray said:

I felt like I was the drum and an agitated drummer was popping my ole arse like a beagle on a rabbit.

As a beagle owner, this made me laugh pretty hard!

6 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

I have a Kangaroo with remote, and it is very heavy. Our course has been very wet, so I have used my push cart to keep from tracking up the course. It is a huge difference using the remote vs. the push cart. It will be a ton easier on your body to use an electric cart.

Another plus for the eWheels.  The axle unit weighs less than 25 lbs., and it's compact.  It's not much trouble to get it in and out of the car.  And the wheels are wide; it doesn't mess up the course.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd love to hear thoughts on the V2 Alphard eWheels as well...thanks.
I was looking to buy an electric cart and thought for sure that I was going to get the Zip Navigator. But then the Alphard V2 came ont my radar thanks to MGS. I went with the V2 because it was more cost effective, but more importantly, it's "weatherproof", so I won't be afraid to use it in the rain. A representative from MGI actually told me not to use the Zip in the rain. That was a deal breaker for me.

I haven't actually used it yet except for tooling it around in the house because it's been too cold/too much snow to golf.

The unit can work with a fixed front wheel, but a swivel wheel works best. I didn't opt for the TFS (tether follow). They have a non-tethered system in development. Battery is rated for 27 holes, and you can purchase an extra battery if you want. It does have a gyro, so it should steer straight.

I doubt that this unit is going to be perfect, but right now I'm happy with my decision and can't wait to get it out on the course.

Sent from my SM-T500 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

I’ve thought about getting some sort of motorized cart, unfortunately none of my buddies walk...they live on the course we play most often and all own their own carts so I would be holding everybody up if I walked. Plus not sure I could walk in 95* temps in the summer

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson