Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Evenflow anyone?

therod

Just asking, partly because I'm curious and partly because I'm getting ready to buy a driver and am looking at options. Reading the material on the Project X Evenflow has made me curious. I used to be a shaft junkie and kept up with anything and everything shaft related. But having a wife and kids has changed priorities a little bit, so now if I see something new it's a pretty safe bet I don't know much about it. So has anyone played an Evenflow? I haven't used the Hzrdus line either, so I know very little about them. I hit my driver 275-280, I have a quick transition, and a short fairly quick swing, if that helps any. The 2 shafts I currently have for my F7+ are a KuroKage cb an a Wave. Both shafts work for me, I'm just looking at other options. I'd like to go to ClubChampion and get fit, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Can't speak to the driver shaft, but I have two ping crossovers with evenflow black shafts. Love them and find it as a great compliment for my swing as well as club. 

I have tried them in a rogue before as well but didn't get along with the rogue so can't say much there. 

Good idea going to get fit, definitely think it would be worth while with all the different stock shaft offerings and options in general.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

32 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I have demoed and tried every evenflow shaft and none of them work for me. Black, blue, white. Just doesn't matter. The overarching profile of the evenflow line just doesn't mesh with my swing. 

Just goes to show the importance of fitting. 

... Amen brother. As a smooth swinger around 100mph the EF Blue is an excellent shaft for me and I will start out the season with it in my new Speedzone 5 wood. The RF Blue has worked very well for me in driver, fw wood, hybrid and DI. I also tried the EF Black in my driver and even though it is still a very smooth feeling shaft and I had some success with it, it did not load-unload as well as the Blue and I found myself starting to over swing.

... While it is impossible to making generalizations about any shaft (or club) that will apply to all players, I think smoother swingers generally do well with the EF Blue and even stronger swingers do well with the EF Black. Additionally some hitters also like the EF Black because of it's smooth profile, but stronger more aggressive hitters will most likely not care for it at all. So basically adding to what jlukes said, you can find shafts that might fit your swing by profile and that is always a good starting point, but unless you are very familiar with exactly what kind of shaft works for you, it is always wise to get fitted. And even if you know what works for you, a fitting is never a bad idea. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I was intrigued by the Even Flow line I took a punt and got one for my M5 and have been very very happy with it. I love it so much I was happy to see it was an option in the Tour Edge hybrid I was chosen to test. It performed in the hybrid as well as it did in the driver, so much so, when I ordered my @GolfSub70 3 wood, I got it in that as well. So, you can see I'm a convert. But, I'd get fit rather than go out on a limb like I did.

Now to try my luck with the new Riptide.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Like[mention=12972]MattF[/mention] I also have experience with these shafts from testing the exotics hybrid last year.

While it’s not a driver shaft, the profiles are similar. I chose the black in a stiff and I am very pleased with its performance...pleased enough that it’s staying in my bag without any need to tweak it.

Project X has worked best for me since my last fitting and I haven’t found anything better to make me change. I have a quick tempo swing and my driver SS is between 110-115 depending on the day. That puts me in an approximately 275-285 distance range depending on the weather.

I would have no issue putting the Even Flow black in my driver but the Hzrdus Yellow hits all the marks for me at the moment.

If you’re curious, you may be able to find a gently used one on eBay for not a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

PX designed the hzrdus line for performance and feel was left out. When they designed the evenflow line they yes feel first while not sacrificing performance. The only difference between black and blue is the black has a slightly stiffer tip. The White is going to play stiffer than the black and will have lower launch and spin.

One that gets quick in transition or pulls hard on the handle probably won’t like the feel of them. They are a great shaft if they mesh with your swing. Like @jlukes I don’t get along with them. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I picked up the Epic Flash driver a few weeks ago and I was actually really surprised how much I liked the stock Evenflow green that comes with it (I went with Stiff, 55g). Love the feel and I've been hitting it great with good launch conditions and consistency. And... I didn't have to spend a few hundred bucks to get a different shaft. 

On a similar note, I also tried the Evenflow Riptide orange that comes with the new Mavrik and I absolutely hated it; felt really whippy throughout the swing and my dispersion was all over the place. There was a noticeable difference between the two.  

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 2:45 PM, therod said:

Just asking, partly because I'm curious and partly because I'm getting ready to buy a driver and am looking at options. Reading the material on the Project X Evenflow has made me curious. I used to be a shaft junkie and kept up with anything and everything shaft related. But having a wife and kids has changed priorities a little bit, so now if I see something new it's a pretty safe bet I don't know much about it. So has anyone played an Evenflow? I haven't used the Hzrdus line either, so I know very little about them. I hit my driver 275-280, I have a quick transition, and a short fairly quick swing, if that helps any. The 2 shafts I currently have for my F7+ are a KuroKage cb an a Wave. Both shafts work for me, I'm just looking at other options. I'd like to go to ClubChampion and get fit, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Is that carry or total distance? If you like a Kuro Kage CB, I don't think the Evenflow Blue will work for you. I can't speak for the Black which is hear is somewhat counterbalanced, but not extreme. With your aggressive transition, unless you like to feel a lot of load and unload in your shafts (like the Tour AD Di or the original Blue Speeder Evolution), I think you'll find the Hzrdus to be more manageable. If you play a heavy head and a club at 45 inches, you might want to try their CB options - Hzrdus Yellow or Smoke Yellow or T1100 (the original Handcrafted $$). Would help to get more info like your preferred playing length, SS, Swingweight preferences. 

image.png.1415d20f5fde9c8e2717e5529344485f.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Was looking at the eve flow for a little while, but tested into a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 with ~110 avg SS... loved it but the miss would always be a push right (as I normally play a draw).  I recently switched to the Hzrdus Black 75 6.5 and absolutely love it.  Almost canceled out the right push.  The Hzrdus line and definitely the black get heat from people for feeling like telephone poles, but I love the stability.  The black helped me with dispersion and with a slightly lower launch angle (I also turned my g400LST down from 8.5 to 7.5 <I think> so that helped with launch) but I’ve picked up distance with better dispersion.

id recommend trying shafts on a monitor to see the numbers, but since the new driver will probably be really easy to swap out shafts, you can always pick up a used one and then sell it if it doesn’t work?

happy swinging

Was looking at the eve flow for a little while, but tested into a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 with ~110 avg SS... loved it but the miss would always be a push right (as I normally play a draw).  I recently switched to the Hzrdus Black 75 6.5 and absolutely love it.  Almost canceled out the right push.  The Hzrdus line and definitely the black get heat from people for feeling like telephone poles, but I love the stability.  The black helped me with dispersion and with a slightly lower launch angle (I also turned my g400LST down from 8.5 to 7.5 so that helped with launch) but I’ve picked up distance with better dispersion.

id recommend trying shafts on a monitor to see the numbers, but since the new driver will probably be really easy to swap out shafts, you can always pick up a used one and then sell it if it doesn’t work?

happy swinging

I was in a similar boat as you when I was fit for my LST 2 years ago. SS was 112-116 and I was hitting the 6.5 yellow in an 8.5 non-adjusted head. Typical flight was straight and a few push blocks. The fitter wanted me to take the 6.5 but I insisted on the 6.0 for the days I wasn’t hitting it well. It was the correct choice and I haven’t looked back.

The Even Flow in my hybrid gives me the stability but a liiittle bit better feel. If money was no object I’d try a 65 Black in my LST for fun.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 4 weeks later...

Got fit for a TS3 13.5 3 wood with T1100 6.5 75G White last year with a trackman. Numbers were awesome. Feel of the shaft was great. Felt smooth in swing trasnistion and stout at impact. Didn't end up buys the club.

Recently discovered a crack in my G400 LST at the hosel. Sent it back to ping and ping thankfully replaced it with a G410 LST but used a even flow black 6.5 75G. 

Hopping to get out soon to get some swings in and see how the club suits me nervous and excited at the same time.

I picked up a G400 LST driver this winter and have been using it indoors. It has the evenflow black.

I have really liked it. I've found it helps me slow my swing down and keep my transition smooth. It does launch low for sure, but it's been a great combo for me.

The name of the shaft says it all. If you have an aggressive swing or transition, you will not feel good about it. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I swing right around in the 105 range if that helps.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

The evenflow line other than the white which is very different from the rest are all good shafts. Very linear in profile going from stiff to soft from but to tip. The only difference being how steep the line is. Meaning how fast they lose that stiffness. 

Linear profiles have a few decent features, overall they typically feel smoother. They are also typically a bit more active feeling.

shafts with linear profiles work best generally for players with a smoother transition. Of course there are always exceptions and this is just a general rule.

the white is different in that it is stiffer in the tip and butt and softer in the middle. Interestingly tipping it more will make it play softer, not stiffer as is the case for many and the reason most tip a shaft more. To stabilize the tip. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 4/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, FilOfFuture said:

Was looking at the eve flow for a little while, but tested into a Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5 with ~110 avg SS... loved it but the miss would always be a push right (as I normally play a draw).  I recently switched to the Hzrdus Black 75 6.5 and absolutely love it.  Almost canceled out the right push.  The Hzrdus line and definitely the black get heat from people for feeling like telephone poles, but I love the stability.  The black helped me with dispersion and with a slightly lower launch angle (I also turned my g400LST down from 8.5 to 7.5 <I think> so that helped with launch) but I’ve picked up distance with better dispersion.

happy swinging

I am wanting to update my driver shaft and just seem drawn in to these Hzrdus Black. I have a high swing speed. Between 110-115 but I normally play a fade. My current shaft is a S 55 gram stock with my PING G400. I turned down from a 9 to a 8.5 so I don't balloon as often. Thinking the shaft you mentioned might help me eliminate all together and prevent my baby fade to a slicer. Especially when I grip it and rip it haha

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

I am wanting to update my driver shaft and just seem drawn in to these Hzrdus Black. I have a high swing speed. Between 110-115 but I normally play a fade. My current shaft is a S 55 gram stock with my PING G400. I turned down from a 9 to a 8.5 so I don't balloon as often. Thinking the shaft you mentioned might help me eliminate all together and prevent my baby fade to a slicer. Especially when I grip it and rip it haha

I’ve got two uncut Even Flow black shafts (65g 6.5 flex) that I’m going to list tomorrow. If you want one PM me.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

I just ordered a set of TS3s with the Evenflow White 6.5 in them. Getting an 8.5* driver with 75g shaft, 13.5* 3 wood with 85g shaft, and 19* hybrid with 105g shaft. I got fit for them at a Titleist Thursday hosted at my local course and they felt really good. We tried the black and the white, ultimately settling on the white since I added weight to my clubs. A really good feeling shaft with my swing, which is fairly even tempoed. As mentioned above, I feel like it helps me maintain a smooth swing and not speed up which is my tendency when tired. And for my swing, the low launch is perfect.

I have had issues with getting my 3 wood to launch high enough. So when I upgraded my 3 wood to a PXG 0341 I put an Even Flow Blue shaft in it and I like my ball flight much better now.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Currently and have been loaded with the EvenFlow Hzrd Black on my M6 driver for the past two years and absolutely love it.. I haven't experienced that much of a variety in Driver shafts over my years as I was always comfortable with the stock ones that came with them, however the performance is and was noticeable the minute i got fitted and took it to the course.  

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

19 minutes ago, brockcdavison said:

Currently and have been loaded with the EvenFlow Hzrd Black on my M6 driver for the past two years and absolutely love it.. I haven't experienced that much of a variety in Driver shafts over my years as I was always comfortable with the stock ones that came with them, however the performance is and was noticeable the minute i got fitted and took it to the course.  

Is the bolded part supposed to be evenflow and Hzrdus?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Tour Edge puts the Evenflo Blue as the stock shaft for the CBX 119 Hybrids. I tested a 22* last year and it’s still in my bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

12 hours ago, brockcdavison said:

I just ordered an EvenFlow White T1100 for my Ping G400 driver. I went up to 75 grams instead of the stock 55 but stayed with the stiff flex. I am hoping that a better shaft and a more suited shaft for my swing and swing speed will prevent my fades from turning to a terrible slice.

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

I have a quick/aggressive transition as well. I have an EF Black 75 in 6.5 in my 13* fairway and it’s tolerable, but not my favorite. I have a HZRDUS Black 65 in 6.5 in my driver and prefer its profile. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

On 5/12/2020 at 7:48 AM, fozcycle said:

Tour Edge puts the Evenflo Blue as the stock shaft for the CBX 119 Hybrids. I tested a 22* last year and it’s still in my bag.

That was what sold me as well. The black gave me a less-expensive option for a smooth feeling shaft with a penetrating flight. I put the 65g black in my driver and I’ll be trying it out Friday when the local range is open. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

14 hours ago, Pkkenny88 said:

I just ordered an EvenFlow White T1100 for my Ping G400 driver. I went up to 75 grams instead of the stock 55 but stayed with the stiff flex. I am hoping that a better shaft and a more suited shaft for my swing and swing speed will prevent my fades from turning to a terrible slice.

What stock shaft did you have that is 55g? A 20g increase is a lot of weight and thce t1100 is a pretty stout shaft.

To be honest, I tried one in a Ping Anser head and I wasn't very happy with it.  It was one of the super light 45 gram 5.5 flex versions that came from a TaylorMade driver.  Put the Ping adapter on it.  But, I'm just not very consistent with it.  Might be me and the shaft might just be too light for good feel during the swing, but that's the only experience I have with them.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:07 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

What stock shaft did you have that is 55g? A 20g increase is a lot of weight and thce t1100 is a pretty stout shaft.

Alta. It was the one that came with the Ping Driver. I read the reviews on the t1100, good and bad, and you are right about the shaft being stout. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet, hopefully Monday, and will try it out at once. I can return if the shaft isn't for me. Another reason why I bought off of eBay.

28 minutes ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Alta. It was the one that came with the Ping Driver. I read the reviews on the t1100, good and bad, and you are right about the shaft being stout. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet, hopefully Monday, and will try it out at once. I can return if the shaft isn't for me. Another reason why I bought off of eBay.

You are going to extremes in both increase in weight and shaft profile. The shaft is great if it fits as swing but it’s very tip stiff. 

Hopefully it works for you and you don’t have to return it but it’s nice having that plan b if it doesn’t 

17 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are going to extremes in both increase in weight and shaft profile. The shaft is great if it fits as swing but it’s very tip stiff. 

Hopefully it works for you and you don’t have to return it but it’s nice having that plan b if it doesn’t 

True. My hope is that a better shaft will help prevent my fade turning to a slice. 

Plan B is to go back to the original shaft