Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Barefoot/Minimalist Shoes for Golf?

anonymousbogey

Who uses barefoot/minimalist shoes as their golf shoe, and what kind?

Last season I picked up a pair of New Balance minimus shoes and enjoyed them, but unfortunately they started to rip at the top and I had to get rid of them. I walk all of my rounds, so the idea of a barefoot/minimalist shoe that might help rebuild my arches and all that jazz sounded like a good idea for all that time I spend on my feet. I find it difficult to find Golf-specific shoes like this, so I've started to branch out to trail running shoes and other types in an attempt to find something that works. I bought a pair of VivoBarefoot Trail SG's to try, but they are causing blisters right now so they may not even make it to the golf course.

Take a look at TrueLinks golf shoes  https://truelinkswear.com/    They may be just what you're looking for.  I've worn them for years, although I'm currently wearing Ecco Biom hybrids.   The True knit shoes are very nice for summer links wear!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

As someone who loves the minimalist shoe I tried the New Balance as well and really liked them, sorry to hear they fell apart for you. A trail shoe is a good option if you are looking in the non-golf specific show with some good traction. I run in the Merrell Trail Glove and love those, minimal with good grip when running and I suspect on the course as well. Also not sure where the blisters are but another minimalist shoe company is Altra. They tend to have pretty wide toe boxes if the rubbing is in the forefoot and plenty of trail options.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 4 weeks later...
Take a look at TrueLinks golf shoes  https://truelinkswear.com/    They may be just what you're looking for.  I've worn them for years, although I'm currently wearing Ecco Biom hybrids.   The True knit shoes are very nice for summer links wear!

I agree with Carl. I just bought 2 pairs of Truelinkswear shoes, but have only had the chance to golf in 1 pair. I got the OG’s and the Knit’s. I played 2 - 9 hole rounds walking, and 1 - 18 hole round riding in the OG’s...and I absolutely love them. I’ve worn the Knit’s as casuals to work, and they are very comfy, just looking forward to testing them on the course. Hope that helps.
IMG_4357.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

• 2 weeks later...

The True knits look great and I think I may give them a shot. Tomo shoes look pretty good also. I don't have any experience with either but definitely like the looks of both.

Edited by tyler621

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

2 hours ago, tyler621 said:

The True knits look great and I think I may give them a shot. Tomo shoes look pretty good also. I don't have any experience with either but definitely like the looks of both.

I believe they're discontinuing this model.  Perhaps an improved version is coming or already available.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I believe they're discontinuing this model.  Perhaps an improved version is coming or already available.

Interesting. Hopefully I can pick up a pair for a decent price unless the new ones are that much better. I appreciate the info.

WITB

Ping G410 | Titleist TS3 | Srixon Z585 |Cleveland RTX4 | Ping Redwood Piper | Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

True knits are extremely comfortable and will accommodate wide feet as well since they basically expand.  

Edited by robd

Ping G410 LST

Callaway Mavrik 4 wood

Callaway MAVRIK 3/4 hybrid

TM P790 5-AW

Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58