Barefoot/Minimalist Shoes for Golf?

Our Sponsors

Who uses barefoot/minimalist shoes as their golf shoe, and what kind?

Last season I picked up a pair of New Balance minimus shoes and enjoyed them, but unfortunately they started to rip at the top and I had to get rid of them. I walk all of my rounds, so the idea of a barefoot/minimalist shoe that might help rebuild my arches and all that jazz sounded like a good idea for all that time I spend on my feet. I find it difficult to find Golf-specific shoes like this, so I've started to branch out to trail running shoes and other types in an attempt to find something that works. I bought a pair of VivoBarefoot Trail SG's to try, but they are causing blisters right now so they may not even make it to the golf course.

Take a look at TrueLinks golf shoes  https://truelinkswear.com/    They may be just what you're looking for.  I've worn them for years, although I'm currently wearing Ecco Biom hybrids.   The True knit shoes are very nice for summer links wear!

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

As someone who loves the minimalist shoe I tried the New Balance as well and really liked them, sorry to hear they fell apart for you. A trail shoe is a good option if you are looking in the non-golf specific show with some good traction. I run in the Merrell Trail Glove and love those, minimal with good grip when running and I suspect on the course as well. Also not sure where the blisters are but another minimalist shoe company is Altra. They tend to have pretty wide toe boxes if the rubbing is in the forefoot and plenty of trail options.

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

• 4 weeks later...
Take a look at TrueLinks golf shoes  https://truelinkswear.com/    They may be just what you're looking for.  I've worn them for years, although I'm currently wearing Ecco Biom hybrids.   The True knit shoes are very nice for summer links wear!

I agree with Carl. I just bought 2 pairs of Truelinkswear shoes, but have only had the chance to golf in 1 pair. I got the OG’s and the Knit’s. I played 2 - 9 hole rounds walking, and 1 - 18 hole round riding in the OG’s...and I absolutely love them. I’ve worn the Knit’s as casuals to work, and they are very comfy, just looking forward to testing them on the course. Hope that helps.
IMG_4357.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

• 2 weeks later...

The True knits look great and I think I may give them a shot. Tomo shoes look pretty good also. I don't have any experience with either but definitely like the looks of both.

Edited by tyler621
2 hours ago, tyler621 said:

The True knits look great and I think I may give them a shot. Tomo shoes look pretty good also. I don't have any experience with either but definitely like the looks of both.

I believe they're discontinuing this model.  Perhaps an improved version is coming or already available.

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I believe they're discontinuing this model.  Perhaps an improved version is coming or already available.

Interesting. Hopefully I can pick up a pair for a decent price unless the new ones are that much better. I appreciate the info.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't need waterproofing, check out Nike FI Bermuda if you can find them.  They are like slippers.

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8 3 wood
Hybrids: :cobra-small:F8 17*, :callaway-small: XR 22*, 25*
Irons: PXG 0211 6 - GW
Wedges::ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7, :ping-small: G25 irons