Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Thinking of new driver and funny story

Brian A

So I currently game a Ping G30 SFT. I got the itch for a new driver so I found a used TS2 and wanted to hit it. Was at a local big box store, the guy tries to up sell me to a new TS2. Has me hit it, tells me my grip is wrong and how to fix it, hit 3 shots with the new grip and it was a little better and he looks at me and goes, I'll go grab a headcover... I looked perplexed and asked why, he goes well you're getting it right?  When I said no I want to try others as well and hit a few more he got very short with me and didnt want to help me.

So the hunt continues! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Classic sales tactic. “Assuming the sale”

I mean I dont mind that tactic but 3 shots!?!?! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

It's not easy to replace those G30s... I tried all last year to kick mine out of the bag and I started driving the ball better than I ever have. 👍

Good luck with the search, I know I'm keeping mine on the hot seat so it doesn't think it can take a round off. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

The other thing I "love" about going to these stores is that so many feel like they are Butch Harmon.  Don't get me wrong, there are many times that I enjoy trying out a club and having a conversation with these sales guys, but some just think they are golf and swing geniuses. 

Good luck with your search.  Unsure if you live in a populated area, but I've had lots of success in the spring when I can find an outdoor demo day at a local course with many manufacturers present.  I much prefer hitting outdoors and seeing the ball flight than just into a net with numbers.   Granted I do like to know my numbers, on course results are what matter.  I've had some history of getting great numbers on a new driver and purchasing only to get on course and it didn't translate.  My advice, be sure to keep that G30 handy should you encounter something similar.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, B.Boston said:

It's not easy to replace those G30s... I tried all last year to kick mine out of the bag and I started driving the ball better than I ever have. 👍

Good luck with the search, I know I'm keeping mine on the hot seat so it doesn't think it can take a round off. haha

Heck I haven't taken my G15 out of my bag.  I just can't rationalize spending the $$ because it just works (and when it doesn't...it's my fault for sure).

-elvis14, Hacker, Engineer, Dad, CG Camper, Co-Founder of From Your Neighbor

Finding a local golf store w/ a good fitter is hard to find and important to keep!  They won't fit you into something you don't need to make a sale.

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie