TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS's Harry Nodwell going pro

1 hour ago, JonMUSC08 said:

So I am assuming Harry did not give up his job at MGS as well????

He still has Golfspy in his twitter handle and the title stated MGS’s Harry so one would think he was still working for MGS or the title might refer to him as former, ex or something along those lines.

Playing TGAA wouldn’t interfere with his day job as tournaments are usually weekends only.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Harry's still Director of Soft Goods testing at MGS - he's not going anywhere. He's also running the Most Wanted Hard Goods testing until a replacement for Sam is hired. The lad is working overtime!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Sam moved out of state to be with his girlfriend.  Sam has been gone since about November of last year and there was explanation provided.  

Lmfao. Thanks. Guess I’ll go google if it peaks my interest. Never saw or heard of one including the first no putts given episode where he wasn’t there. So it must be buried in a thread or maybe some thread that never got much traction and thus didn’t pop up on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Lmfao. Thanks. Guess I’ll go google if it peaks my interest. Never saw or heard of one including the first no putts given episode where he wasn’t there. So it must be buried in a thread or maybe some thread that never got much traction and thus didn’t pop up on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll save you the seach:

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

No, in my quick conversations with Harry on the topic, he is just giving it a go while he has an opportunity. Doesn’t want to get to a point in his life and say...I wish I would have tried to play at a higher level. He had success and the college and local am level so he is going to play a few local tours to see how it works out.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

RNK is tough with no wind. I can’t imagine playing it with any sort of wind 

I played an easy course on Saturday and it beat me up and took my lunch money.  That 7 handicap that shot 80 in that wind on that course really golfed his ball.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 3/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, cnosil said:

I can attest that Saturday was very windy and Royal New Kent is one of the tougher tests in the area.  Spoke with Harry today and he was a bit disappointed with the setup.  As someone mentioned,  it is a pro/am event where the pros get cash and the amateurs get gift cards.    He was also paired with the player that shot 110 and as a result was distracted by having to watch and help find the players misdirected shots.   Harry said he had only one bad hole;  ball was lost in lip of a bunker, rehit back into a footprint in the same bunker.  

Sam moved out of state to be with his girlfriend.  Sam has been gone since about November of last year and there was explanation provided.  

Without knowing, I will bet almost everything I own, that it was hole 11,  as you know I played a two round tounrmanent there a few years ago, and that bunker got me both rounds, same exact shot in the same exact spot of the bunker. First time the result was what happened to Harry, second time I managed to somehow to barely get it out and up on the lip.  Toughest bunker I've ever seen in my life. 

On 3/10/2020 at 7:15 AM, JonMUSC08 said:

I spoke to Harry about it a month or two back, he's going to work the pro tournaments around his MGS schedule.  He has no immediate plans to leave MGS.   Look at those scores, nobody broke 80 including the +4 index.  I have played that course in tournament conditions in the middle of summer and it was a brute, I can imagine it on a cold windy March day from Championship tees!  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Without knowing, I will bet almost everything I own, that it was hole 11,  as you know I played a two round tounrmanent there a few years ago, and that bunker got me both rounds, same exact shot in the same exact spot of the bunker. First time the result was what happened to Harry, second time I managed to somehow to barely get it out and up on the lip.  Toughest bunker I've ever seen in my life

I

You would be correct.

44 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You would be correct.

Image result for gomer pyle I knew it meme

And what about the guy who played with a 27 handicap? Was that who Harry played with?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Without knowing, I will bet almost everything I own, that it was hole 11,  as you know I played a two round tounrmanent there a few years ago, and that bunker got me both rounds, same exact shot in the same exact spot of the bunker. First time the result was what happened to Harry, second time I managed to somehow to barely get it out and up on the lip.  Toughest bunker I've ever seen in my life. 

I spoke to Harry about it a month or two back, he's going to work the pro tournaments around his MGS schedule.  He has no immediate plans to leave MGS.   Look at those scores, nobody broke 80 including the +4 index.  I have played that course in tournament conditions in the middle of summer and it was a brute, I can imagine it on a cold windy March day from Championship tees!  

11 is probably the one hole that requires the most course management on. Not a lot of room for mistakes in that hole.

1 and 2 are probably a close second. Can you hit it past the mound on 1 to give you a look at the green but not end up in the nasty stuff on the right. Do you try to carry the hazard on 2 or play to the left and make it a 3 shot par 5.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

And what about the guy who played with a 27 handicap? Was that who Harry played with?

Gosh, if he did, I imagine he had a few words from the Brit dictionary that the guy had no idea what they meant.  That course was tough enough for me as a 15 handicap, I can't imagine what a 27 would shoot there. 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

11 is probably the one hole that requires the most course management on. Not a lot of room for mistakes in that hole.

1 and 2 are probably a close second. Can you hit it past the mound on 1 to give you a look at the green but not end up in the nasty stuff on the right. Do you try to carry the hazard on 2 or play to the left and make it a 3 shot par 5.

Yes, Yes and Yes. 

I do remember one person  who was a big hitter from that group when asked how  he was going to play No. 1 replied.  "I'm going to take my laser out, shoot the distance to cover that mound to the flag, then grab a 5 iron and layup right in them middle of the fairway"....ha

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Gosh, if he did, I imagine he had a few words from the Brit dictionary that the guy had no idea what they meant.  That course was tough enough for me as a 15 handicap, I can't imagine what a 27 would shoot there. 

Yes, Yes and Yes. 

I do remember one person  who was a big hitter from that group when asked how  he was going to play No. 1 replied.  "I'm going to take my laser out, shoot the distance to cover that mound to the flag, then grab a 5 iron and layup right in them middle of the fairway"....ha

Smart play. I took driver both rounds and came up 50/50 on success on 1. #2 played the smart route and birdied once and par the second time. Watched big hitters go in the hazard trying to be aggressive.

Yes and per Harry it was distracting since they were constantly watching were his shots were going.

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Smart play. I took driver both rounds and came up 50/50 on success on 1. #2 played the smart route and birdied once and par the second time. Watched big hitters go in the hazard trying to be aggressive.

Yep. I actually took the traditional approach and same results, a birdie and par.  No way was i taking on that full canyon.   I cut part of the corner on my 2nd shot and had 113 in for my 3rd.  

• 3 months later...

So I realize this is an old post but I had the pleasure of playing with Harry that day.  Early in the round we talked about some of the testing he's done as he was wearing one of the items I was intrigued with after their write-up.  We rode together that day (note this was before all this Coronavirus) and had great conversation all day and someone you could easily sit and have a beer with.  I'm a 7 handicap and thought I hit the ball long off the tee but you could've built a Walmart between our drives. 

The reason Harry played to a +4 is that is what his verifiable handicap was when we asked for information to give him a starting TGAA Handicap Value (this process is the same for all players).  We have players of all abilities that play TGAA as our handicaps range from +5 to 28.  We don't flight and all players play from the same set of tees (usually the BLUE tees).  When pairings are made for our single day events we do our best so that the total number of handicap strokes is the same for each group.  That day the magic number was in the low 30s so our group was me (7), Harry (+4), a 4 and a 27 (who's referenced here, has played with us for years, and have been with him when he's shot 90 and 120).  Did we look for balls his balls all day?  Yeah because he was crooked but he also hit provisionals as well so overall pace of play really wasn't an issue.  RNK is a tough course to begin with but add wind and it's really tough on the higher handicappers (if you see the results, outside of the 11, everyone in the money was a single digit).  Harry played well on the front nine with a 37, but hole 11 was the train wreck, as we all saw the ball hit into the grassy area of the green side bunker but never found the ball.  He went back to his original spot and hit his 4th into the bunker.  Anyone who's played that hole knows how deep that bunker is.  I didn't realize it took him multiple attempts to get out or that his ball was in a footprint (as we have a Condition of Competition on our scorecards that allows a player to take relief from a footprint and nothing was said about this until after the round when I overheard a conversation).  It's a game of "ifs and buts" as if he made 5 and all else being equal he finishes in the money (as net 80 was tied for last place money).

He played in our recent event at Kingsmill River and played much better (gross 70 for net 74) and finished in the money.  The guys he's played with so far speak very complimentary of him and his game.  We don't get very many + handicaps that play with us, as players of that ability don't play many individual net stroke play tournaments, and I hope he becomes a member and continues playing with us.          

4 minutes ago, It'sInTheHole said:

So I realize this is an old post but I had the pleasure of playing with Harry that day.  Early in the round we talked about some of the testing he's done as he was wearing one of the items I was intrigued with after their write-up.  We rode together that day (note this was before all this Coronavirus) and had great conversation all day and someone you could easily sit and have a beer with.  I'm a 7 handicap and thought I hit the ball long off the tee but you could've built a Walmart between our drives. 

The reason Harry played to a +4 is that is what his verifiable handicap was when we asked for information to give him a starting TGAA Handicap Value (this process is the same for all players).  We have players of all abilities that play TGAA as our handicaps range from +5 to 28.  We don't flight and all players play from the same set of tees (usually the BLUE tees).  When pairings are made for our single day events we do our best so that the total number of handicap strokes is the same for each group.  That day the magic number was in the low 30s so our group was me (7), Harry (+4), a 4 and a 27 (who's referenced here, has played with us for years, and have been with him when he's shot 90 and 120).  Did we look for balls his balls all day?  Yeah because he was crooked but he also hit provisionals as well so overall pace of play really wasn't an issue.  RNK is a tough course to begin with but add wind and it's really tough on the higher handicappers (if you see the results, outside of the 11, everyone in the money was a single digit).  Harry played well on the front nine with a 37, but hole 11 was the train wreck, as we all saw the ball hit into the grassy area of the green side bunker but never found the ball.  He went back to his original spot and hit his 4th into the bunker.  Anyone who's played that hole knows how deep that bunker is.  I didn't realize it took him multiple attempts to get out or that his ball was in a footprint (as we have a Condition of Competition on our scorecards that allows a player to take relief from a footprint and nothing was said about this until after the round when I overheard a conversation).  It's a game of "ifs and buts" as if he made 5 and all else being equal he finishes in the money (as net 80 was tied for last place money).

He played in our recent event at Kingsmill River and played much better (gross 70 for net 74) and finished in the money.  The guys he's played with so far speak very complimentary of him and his game.  We don't get very many + handicaps that play with us, as players of that ability don't play many individual net stroke play tournaments, and I hope he becomes a member and continues playing with us.          

Hole 11 at RNK can be blown up for all I care, as long as I get to push the plunger 🙂

Played in a 36 hole tournament there a couple years back, BOTH rounds I hit it exactly into that grassy area above that bunker.  The first round I didn't move the ball at all on my first attempt, the 2nd shot, popped it enough to fall back into the bunker!!  In which it took me two more shots to get it up onto the green.

The 2nd round, I managed to hack it out of the deep grass onto the fringe and two putted for the happiest bogey I've ever gotten !!

You can not aim far enough left on that hole!!  I played it a 3rd time a few months later in a casual round, I think I aimed 20 yards left of the green and my fade brought it into the center of the green...ha

I was playing at a 19 at the time, and other than that hole, I pretty much played bogey golf for both rounds, even got natural birdies back to back on 7 and 8, to really tick off our playing partners who were both playing at less than 5 indexes 🙂

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Hole 11 at RNK can be blown up for all I care, as long as I get to push the plunger 🙂

Played in a 36 hole tournament there a couple years back, BOTH rounds I hit it exactly into that grassy area above that bunker.  The first round I didn't move the ball at all on my first attempt, the 2nd shot, popped it enough to fall back into the bunker!!  In which it took me two more shots to get it up onto the green.

The 2nd round, I managed to hack it out of the deep grass onto the fringe and two putted for the happiest bogey I've ever gotten !!

You can not aim far enough left on that hole!!  I played it a 3rd time a few months later in a casual round, I think I aimed 20 yards left of the green and my fade brought it into the center of the green...ha

I was playing at a 19 at the time, and other than that hole, I pretty much played bogey golf for both rounds, even got natural birdies back to back on 7 and 8, to really tick off our playing partners who were both playing at less than 5 indexes 🙂

Yeah that hole can be demolished and I’ll take a bogey and move on

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Harry for winning at Westfields!

:ping-small: G410 9* Evenflow Black 75 6.0

:ping-small: G410 3W Evenflow Black 85 6.0

:ping-small: G410 5W, 4H Evenflow Black 85 6.0

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 5-AW TT Elevate 95 S

:vokey-small: SM9 54F, 58D

:scotty-cameron-1: 2020 Special Select Newport 2

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:wilson-small: Triad

• 1 year later...

As has been mentioned in this thread MGSs Harry Nodwell is taking a shot as a pro.  He is doing this in addition to his duties at MGS.   For those interested in following his next round,  he will be tee g it up in A Forme tour event next weeknight Indiana. You can follow his progress here: 
https://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us.html

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

As has been mentioned in this thread MGSs Harry Nodwell is taking a shot as a pro.  He is doing this in addition to his duties at MGS.   For those interested in following his next round,  he will be tee g it up in A Forme tour event next weeknight Indiana. You can follow his progress here: 
https://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us.html

Sick! Thanks for the link! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

For those that want to follow Harry,  the event starts Tuesday and he has a 10:00 AM tee time

https://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us/tournaments/the-fuzzy-zoeller-classic-at-covered-bridge-golf-club/tee-times.html

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Jack Sparrow is in the field.  My new favorite golfer.  Seriously. 

Competing against Luke Schnierdjans and Chase Koepka… and is that Sam Saunders?

Pretty cool.  I’ll be following along with the leaderboard when Harry is playing.

different Samuel Saunders.   

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Harry has to go really low tomorrow.

yep,  seemed like it was an up an down kind of day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better but he has a lot of ground to make up to make the cut. 

24 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Jack Sparrow is in the field.  My new favorite golfer.  Seriously. 

Competing against Luke Schnierdjans and Chase Koepka… and is that Sam Saunders?

Pretty cool.  I’ll be following along with the leaderboard when Harry is playing.

Don't forget Cristian DiMarco... son of Chris DiMarco.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, Harry shot a very nice 68 today, but that just got him back to Even Par.  Cut was -5.

Good job Harry!!!  Go get 'em at the next tournament!  You can dooo it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Gotta love Jack Sparrow as a pro golfer 

15B043C9-F684-4A23-892A-E1C62B4A24E5.jpeg

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 2 weeks later...

Harry will be playing another event on the Forme Tour.   Tournament starts September 1st. 

https://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us/tournaments/rolling-green-championship.html