TESTERS WANTED! ×

Grips, Grip...Rip...Slip

Hey all. Just curious what everyone prefers for grips on their clubs? I recently swapped over to MCC through golf pride. Have not head the pleasure to test yet though. I tend to sweat a lot in the hands and get slippery. I have always used corded and liked them but with a lot of use they get slippery by the time you get to 18. I always enjoyed the leather grips because of the tackiness but they wear out so fast.

With my putter I do not have a real preference but I do like my superstoke with the flat front. Not a large grip in contrast to other superstroke grips but overall really enjoy these grips.

Quick reference below for a buying guide for anyone interested.

https://lasergolfrangefinder.com/best-golf-grips-reviews/

HAPPY SWINGING! and dont let the club slip!

image.jpeg.4eee4e1ed377eb46acdffb5636af1fb3.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I've been using Iomic X-Evolution grips for 8 or 9 years now, and have no reason to try anything else.  The combination of rubber compound and texture makes these grips feel very tacky, even when they get a bit wet from rain or sweat.  Although they do wear a bit, they remain grippy, I commonly go 2 years or more between changes, while playing close to 100 rounds a year.  I have used cord grips before, both the GP Tour Velvet Cord and the New Decade, and felt that the cords just didn't retain their tackiness.

https://www.iomicusa.com/fullswing

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

@DaveP043 Have never seen this brand before. Appreciate it. I definitely can already tell the the multi compound that tackiness just isn't there so time will tell. As long as they dont feel like they are slipping I will be fine. Also considering going to mid size next replacement. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@DaveP043 Have never seen this brand before. Appreciate it. I definitely can already tell the the multi compound that tackiness just isn't there so time will tell. As long as they dont feel like they are slipping I will be fine. Also considering going to mid size next replacement. 

If you search MGS for "iomic" you'll find a few other users.  I get mine direct from Iomic through their website, but you can find them on other websites as well.  They also make a midsize model in their Sticky series, but I've not tried those myself.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Hey all. Just curious what everyone prefers for grips on their clubs? I recently swapped over to MCC through golf pride. Have not head the pleasure to test yet though. I tend to sweat a lot in the hands and get slippery. I have always used corded and liked them but with a lot of use they get slippery by the time you get to 18. I always enjoyed the leather grips because of the tackiness but they wear out so fast.

With my putter I do not have a real preference but I do like my superstoke with the flat front. Not a large grip in contrast to other superstroke grips but overall really enjoy these grips.

Quick reference below for a buying guide for anyone interested.

https://lasergolfrangefinder.com/best-golf-grips-reviews/

HAPPY SWINGING! and dont let the club slip!

image.jpeg.4eee4e1ed377eb46acdffb5636af1fb3.jpeg

Interesting article. I use MCC+4 and found they work best for me. In fact when my hands get real sweaty I don't need to  use a glove at all. Generally I regrip twice a year since I generally play at least 160 rounds + driving range. The recommendation of replacing them every 40 rounds must have been written by the marketing department to sell more grips. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

42 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting article. I use MCC+4 and found they work best for me. In fact when my hands get real sweaty I don't need to  use a glove at all. Generally I regrip twice a year since I generally play at least 160 rounds + driving range. The recommendation of replacing them every 40 rounds must have been written by the marketing department to sell more grips. 

Those are the grips I just got on my new wedges and will be doing the same with my new irons. Did some test swings today bare handed and they felt great (typically use a glove but didnt today). Time will tell but glad to hear they are great under wet conditions!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I got MCC +4 on my wedges and MCC Align on my irons and I can easily play without gloves, even during summer.

I play about 60-80 rounds a year and after 2 seasons, they still feel like new!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I tried the Golf Pride multi compound grips a couple years ago. I found them to wear very fast. Anyone else have that problem? Other than that, I liked them and would still use them if not for the wear issue I had. I've gone to Pure Grips since then and love them. I noticed they aren't offering a mid size anymore. 😟

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I got MCC +4 on my wedges and MCC Align on my irons and I can easily play without gloves, even during summer.

I play about 60-80 rounds a year and after 2 seasons, they still feel like new!

Getting a lot of good feed back on the MCC so far and I regrip myself so cuts cost down. Interested to se how the wear. I got through 1 season on my last grips (deal on super stroke grips they were I think 4 dollars a grip??) worked out.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I bought a used club with MMC and recently through Lamkin upgrade special got a free Sonar+ grip and like then both really well different feeling but I think provide similar benefits with wet situations and a bit of tackiness.
I have played with and loved Tour Wrap for the last 5 years or so but have really had issues with sweat since I don't wear a glove and we'll have sweaty hands in 90* summer days.

Using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Another positive vote for the MCC grips. I’ve had mine for 2+ years and haven’t wanted anything else since trying them. Iomic grips are wonderful for initial tackiness, but wear out way faster than most grips in my opinion. As for grip size, it really just comes down to comfort, and what size keeps your grip pressure the lowest. For me, midsize grips are the best, but it varies from person to person. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

8 hours ago, silver & black said:

I tried the Golf Pride multi compound grips a couple years ago. I found them to wear very fast. Anyone else have that problem? Other than that, I liked them and would still use them if not for the wear issue I had. I've gone to Pure Grips since then and love them. I noticed they aren't offering a mid size anymore. 😟

I actually find Iomic wear out faster than the MCC. Some of my MCC are still in excellent shape after 2 seasons and I play about 50-60 rounds per year + 1 range session per week.

Although, I chose MCC since they were no upcharge. If I had to regrip my clubs, I probably would go for something cheaper.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I actually find Iomic wear out faster than the MCC. Some of my MCC are still in excellent shape after 2 seasons and I play about 50-60 rounds per year + 1 range session per week.

Although, I chose MCC since they were no upcharge. If I had to regrip my clubs, I probably would go for something cheaper.

Cost efficiency is the Name of the game. The super stroke ones j got 2 years ago were great half the price and not half the quality 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Lamkin UTx have been a favorite for years, but I started using the MCC+4s last season and I really like them.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I use GP Tour wraps on most everything and Winn dry Tacs when I have them or when the club has them on purchase. I regrip almost exclusively with the tour wraps. This is with over 100 rounds a year in Houston and I don't have slip issues with them.

I've tried MCCs several times and they are just too hard, like holding a brick IMO.

YMMV

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've been using Lamkin Crosslines for about 5 years now.  Really tough to beat for less than $5 each.  They work well for me in wet and dry conditions and are super durable.  

My new SM7's came with the Vokey branded Multi-Compounds, so I'll get to give those a good long test.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I guess it depends on what feel you like.

There are chorded and a wide variety of rubber compounds that range from harder to spongy soft like Winn. Some are very durable and last a long time and others are pretty crap and you're lucky of you get 3 months.

I've been playing Star grips for the past few years. It's a smaller company here in Chandler, AZ. It's a mid soft compound that very tacky and holds up well in the heat with sweaty hands. Also extremely durable!

I was able to meet and chat with the owner and he filled me in on a little industry secret. Many well-known companies use compounds that break down very quickly with sweat and hand oils. This sends the consumer back more regularly. In turn, they still charge $10+/grip.

Companies like Star, Pure, and Iomic focus more of their business over seas and in Asia where golf equipment is easily 3+ times more costly than here in the states and getting clubs re gripped every 6 months just isn't very cost effective. They use compounds that are 10 times more durable and feel great as well has maintain their performance.

And to add to their great value, you can get them for around $5. I'm going on 3 years and they have yet to show any wear, lose any tackiness or change in feel. Just soap and water every few rounds keeps them like new.

Now, all that said, I just re-gripped my 2ndary set of W/S FG tours with the new Golf Pride Microsuede wraps. I've never been a fan of the glossy look of the GP wraps but have appreciated their feel and durability. The Microsuedes look and feel much better and I can't say enough about how awesome they are. Similar to the Stars, they're very tacky, feel fantastic and are quite durable, also for around $6.

Lastly, I'm currently testing the Fujikura Motore X with MGS. We were given a few grip options. I picked the Lamkin Sonar Tour. So far this grip is really nice. Probably the "tackiest" of grips that I mentioned. Also mid-soft compound and feels very nice without being spongy or rock hard. Time Will tell if the durability will hold up.

golf-pride-star-grips-sidewinder-tour_1_60feecda82c84e6746454b1439219a7d.jpeg0219202043.jpeg0305202205a.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

@azstu324 Thank you for the info good stuff here. So far I like the feel of the MCC but again weather up here is not the summer play yet so I wont know until I really get into the season. Keep me posted on the Lamkin grip on the new shaft (and good luck testing I look forward to your review and congrats on your selection). Just checked out the star website. Sidewinder grip looks up my ally will have to keep this company in mind moving forward.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

[mention=76102]azstu324[/mention] Thank you for the info good stuff here. So far I like the feel of the MCC but again weather up here is not the summer play yet so I wont know until I really get into the season. Keep me posted on the Lamkin grip on the new shaft (and good luck testing I look forward to your review and congrats on your selection). Just checked out the star website. Sidewinder grip looks up my ally will have to keep this company in mind moving forward.
So it looks like the Stars are $6 from Golfworks. I bought them directly from the factory at $5. Although they look somewhat similar to tour velvets and crosslines, the rubber compound is quite a bit different. Similar to iomics they're also known for not having that strong rubbery smell that a lot of grips are known to leave on your hands.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I am typically a tour velvet/cross line user.

Interesting info on star grips,
Gonna have to lookup their weight and maybe order a couple to see how they perform in summer heat.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Its funny I really did not expect so much variation in grip information. Typically Lamkin and GolfPride are your sticklers (similar to golf balls I suppose you stick with what you know) appreciate everyone's take on this subject.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I’ve been a bit of a grip ***** over the last Couple years  or so. Played a few different GP and Lamkin grips (I regrip all my stuff). Landed on the MCC +4 about 3 months ago and really liking them. Been wanting to support a grip made in the US, like Pure.....but, I’ve got a supply of GP MCC’s.

Purchased my home from a PGA Tour Player. Golf Pride kept sending boxes of grips to my house. After the 4th time, he apologized and sent me a “box” of grips (about 24 or them). Can’t complain! 

Just wish FJ and Srixon would send some stuff over!!! I’d be compelled to play dumb and swear I’d seen nothing!!! LOL

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, dalejbrass said:

I’ve been a bit of a grip ***** over the last Couple years  or so. Played a few different GP and Lamkin grips (I regrip all my stuff). Landed on the MCC +4 about 3 months ago and really liking them. Been wanting to support a grip made in the US, like Pure.....but, I’ve got a supply of GP MCC’s.

Purchased my home from a PGA Tour Player. Golf Pride kept sending boxes of grips to my house. After the 4th time, he apologized and sent me a “box” of grips (about 24 or them). Can’t complain! 

Just wish FJ and Srixon would send some stuff over!!! I’d be compelled to play dumb and swear I’d seen nothing!!! LOL

If it’s free it’s for me @dalejbrass

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, azstu324 said:

I guess it depends on what feel you like.

There are chorded and a wide variety of rubber compounds that range from harder to spongy soft like Winn. Some are very durable and last a long time and others are pretty crap and you're lucky of you get 3 months.

I've been playing Star grips for the past few years. It's a smaller company here in Chandler, AZ. It's a mid soft compound that very tacky and holds up well in the heat with sweaty hands. Also extremely durable!

I was able to meet and chat with the owner and he filled me in on a little industry secret. Many well-known companies use compounds that break down very quickly with sweat and hand oils. This sends the consumer back more regularly. In turn, they still charge $10+/grip.

Companies like Star, Pure, and Iomic focus more of their business over seas and in Asia where golf equipment is easily 3+ times more costly than here in the states and getting clubs re gripped every 6 months just isn't very cost effective. They use compounds that are 10 times more durable and feel great as well has maintain their performance.

And to add to their great value, you can get them for around $5. I'm going on 3 years and they have yet to show any wear, lose any tackiness or change in feel. Just soap and water every few rounds keeps them like new.

Now, all that said, I just re-gripped my 2ndary set of W/S FG tours with the new Golf Pride Microsuede wraps. I've never been a fan of the glossy look of the GP wraps but have appreciated their feel and durability. The Microsuedes look and feel much better and I can't say enough about how awesome they are. Similar to the Stars, they're very tacky, feel fantastic and are quite durable, also for around $6.

Lastly, I'm currently testing the Fujikura Motore X with MGS. We were given a few grip options. I picked the Lamkin Sonar Tour. So far this grip is really nice. Probably the "tackiest" of grips that I mentioned. Also mid-soft compound and feels very nice without being spongy or rock hard. Time Will tell if the durability will hold up.

golf-pride-star-grips-sidewinder-tour_1_60feecda82c84e6746454b1439219a7d.jpeg0219202043.jpeg0305202205a.jpeg

How are the Microsuede's holding up for you?  I am about to regrip and am leaning towards the Microsuede's.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

6 minutes ago, Saturday Morning Sherpa said:

How are the Microsuede's holding up for you?  I am about to regrip and am leaning towards the Microsuede's.

They're holding up fantastically! Everything so far that I want to see in a grip. Probably my current favorite grip available. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG