Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The PLAYERS (THAT WASN’T!!)

Shankster

IMG_7236.JPG

Well if we have learned anything this season so far, it is that Florida with some wind brings out the “best” of the golf courses. Or should I say the “beast”.

Honestly I have had a chance to watch much this year, but I plan on tuning in for at least Saturday and Sunday this week.

I think the European’s are angry at Zinger for the dis... so I am going to pick that Tommy Fleetwood gives OL Zinger a big fill in the blank.

Glad it’s a Ryder Cup year.

One of my favorite tournaments of the year! Can’t wait to watch it. For me nothing beats Rickies win. He DOMINATED 17 that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Have completely whiffed on my fantasy picks during the Florida swing so far.   Hoping I can right the ship this week, nevertheless, this is such a fun tournament to watch.

Extremely curious to see what Phil can do since he's been struggling so much this year.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

No changed needed to my fantasy team this week.  Probably need some though.  I have 8 starting if JB Holmes doesn't drop out again.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

15 hours ago, dalejbrass said:

I’ll be in attendance during Thursday and Saturday rounds! I live just 3 miles North of the course. Weather forecast is PERFECT!!

Walk to the course, and avoid the clusterjerk that is their parking situation.  Yes please!

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

We may get "The Players" in March and May this year.  PGA Tour and PGA officials in discussions to possibly move the PGA from Harding Park to TPC Sawgrass because of the corona-virus. 

Not according to Golf Channel, but scuttlebutt is just that, it changes by the hour.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/pga-america-no-plans-move-pga-championship-tpc-harding-park

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Looking forward to the grouping of Wolff, Morikawa, and Hovland.  I hope we get to see them play a few holes.

I think Rahm learned from his mistake and will listen to his caddie this time.  Rahm!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Not according to Golf Channel, but scuttlebutt is just that, it changes by the hour.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/pga-america-no-plans-move-pga-championship-tpc-harding-park

Media, social media, it doesn't matter.  They are all untrustworthy! 

Wanted to attend with some guys this year but SWMBO has a medical procedure this week so I’ll watch on TV.
Go Rory and or Rickie.
I’m good with either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

This is one of my favorites so I'll be watching all weekend. Rickie time to step up!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Walk to the course, and avoid the clusterjerk that is their parking situation.  Yes please!

Fortunately, don’t have to worry about parking. My club runs shuttle buses from 7am to 8pm each day. Short ride back and forth to house!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

10 hours ago, sixcat said:

Media, social media, it doesn't matter.  They are all untrustworthy! 

The media is ridiculous! The quote the first guy is referencing doesn’t even make any mention of moving the PGA Championship! It’s just a standard reply of, “we are monitoring the situation.” which everyone should know, means nothing at all. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

23 minutes ago, revkev said:

being the chief administrator of an organization that runs a school I can tell you that there are outbreaks of flus and other viruses every year. Some are more contagious and deadly than the corona virus.
Rather than speculate as to why this one has caught people’s attention...........

Yes there are outbreaks every year. However, the difference is there are vaccines for them, coronavirus has no vaccine yet and best predictions are a year away. I think that's the reason it has rightly caught the attention of most governments. Severe cases need medical respiratory machines. The UK has 500 which is more than enough for normal strains in conjunction with a vaccine, but with no vaccine the numbers will be much higher. Italy has the 2nd best hospital facilities in the world and they can't cope with the numbers, hence a complete lock down of their country.

I agree about personal hygiene, this would certainly help but I'm afraid people in general are very unhygienic.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

17 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Yes there are outbreaks every year. However, the difference is there are vaccines for them, coronavirus has no vaccine yet and best predictions are a year away. I think that's the reason it has rightly caught the attention of most governments. Severe cases need medical respiratory machines. The UK has 500 which is more than enough for normal strains in conjunction with a vaccine, but with no vaccine the numbers will be much higher. Italy has the 2nd best hospital facilities in the world and they can't cope with the numbers, hence a complete lock down of their country.

I agree about personal hygiene, this would certainly help but I'm afraid people in general are very unhygienic.

The ones most affected are elderly with previous medical conditions. Children unlik with the flu are the least susceptible so far to this. In roughly 90% of cases the virus clears on its own.

As @sixcat points out with his picture there have been multiple virus that appeared and some form of panic surrounded them and the dissipated to never be heard of again. As each year passes the media and society become more and more fear base driven. 

A coworker of mine is based in Australia. They don’t import any TP from China and it’s all local Aussie TP yet they have a shortage of TP. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

36 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Skip forward to the 5:00 minute mark and get a clear indication of how ridiculous this whole exercise in "mass hysteria" has gotten.

Thanks

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Skip forward to the 5:00 minute mark and get a clear indication of how ridiculous this whole exercise in "mass hysteria" has gotten.

As a serious event this has no ill intensions...

But who ever has the super size iPhone with the real life plague game on it needs to delete that app.

Not sure where or how this is going but my daughter has a band concert in DC this weekend that we will not be attending at a large Auditorium. I cannot believe it hasn’t been canceled yet. Upwards of 3000 people I believe are supposed to be there.

My wife has had chronic pneumonia for a few years, so we are taking extra precautions in the Shanks Haus.

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

The media is ridiculous! The quote the first guy is referencing doesn’t even make any mention of moving the PGA Championship! It’s just a standard reply of, “we are monitoring the situation.” which everyone should know, means nothing at all. 

For sure!  But for sake of argument, let's say they were in fact thinking of moving the PGA Championshop.  The Tour would most certainly deny it anyway right up to the  very minute they announce the tournament has been moved.

Edited by TwoCoatsOfWax

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

My wife has had chronic pneumonia for a few years, so we are taking extra precautions in the Shanks Haus.

Wise decision.  It's often hard to strike the right balance with such issue as COVID-19, but hell, even during the height of flu season, reducing one's exposure (and subsequently others) to unnecessary risk is the smart play IMO.  I'll be watching The Players from the safety of my couch.  There has been a run on sani-wipes/lotion and toilet paper here in Yuma... if it starts happening to beer, there's going to be some serious trouble 🤣.

#GOWEBBSIMPSON!!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

For sure!  But for sake of argument, let's say they were in fact thinking of moving the PGA Championshop.  The Tour would most certainly deny it anyway right up to the  very minute they announce the tournament has been moved.

The PGA Tour doesn't have any control over the PGA Championship.  It's run by the PGA of America, which is a completely separate entity from the Tour. 

Good approach given her issue - I'd keep her away from everyone until this all subsides.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Going to watch and enjoy upcoming Players Tournament. Living in a Community with 150,000 Seniors We’re taking one day at a time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

As a serious event this has no ill intensions...

But who ever has the super size iPhone with the real life plague game on it needs to delete that app.

Not sure where or how this is going but my daughter has a band concert in DC this weekend that we will not be attending at a large Auditorium. I cannot believe it hasn’t been canceled yet. Upwards of 3000 people I believe are supposed to be there.

Exactly the ones who should - please be smart and take care of your wife! - I have an immune compromised person in my house - I’m always cautious. Normally we keep sanitizer in our bathrooms and encourage it’s frequent use - we give people the option to listen to sermons and watch services on TV, encouraging them to stay home when they are sick.

Let’s get back to the tournament - can’t wait for it to start

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Exactly the ones who should - please be smart and take care of your wife! - I have an immune compromised person in my house - I’m always cautious. Normally we keep sanitizer in our bathrooms and encourage it’s frequent use - we give people the option to listen to sermons and watch services on TV, encouraging them to stay home when they are sick.

Yup!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yes sir.

Still picking whoever I picked in the first thread...

Tommy Fleetwood, for the Zinger of a win.