TESTERS WANTED! ×

The PLAYERS (THAT WASN’T!!)

Shankster

I still can't believe how quickly things have changed in just a week.  Went from Monday to my work limiting travel and asking more people to work from home to basically all sporting across the country and most of the world shut down just 4 days later.  

Was hoping the PGA Tour had come up with a unique solution with no fans so that we could watch the tournament this weekend, but of course those were all selfish motivations.  Let's hope, the world can keep this virus under control and by May, much of this is in the rear view.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

And the Masters is Postponed... my goodness.

Well folks... it looks like we’re going to just have to do a lot more actual golfing this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

My aunt is hearing late September to early October time frame.  It will be very difficult for them to do anything over the summer months.  It would be too detrimental to the health and condition of the golf course.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My aunt is hearing late September to early October time frame.  It will be very difficult for them to do anything over the summer months.  It would be too detrimental to the health and condition of the golf course.

FYI, we have that thread here

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Masters to be another “Fall Classic”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

This whole thing continues to amaze but there is good that will come of it.  I recognized this at Starbucks earlier - we were all courteous to one another, we respected each others space, a barista was sanitizing the counter and told me he's doing it every hour, I'm washing my hands more and doing a thorough job, I'm going to get outside more and play more golf - I've told my elderly members to be wise, that sermons are recorded for them, they are able to give online and that there is an entire worship service on TV on Sunday at 11.  Again many of these things should continue in the winter months (flu season) from hence forth.

Could someone clue me in on why the run on toilet paper?  I know it's happening but don't get it. 

I'm curious how many others here plan to play more golf because of this - I heard a doctor say that tennis, golf, biking, walking, throwing a baseball with kids in the yard are outstanding forms of exercise at this time.  I'm all in on that!

Hey I'll watch the Master's whenever they play it!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_0750.JPG

The Boys picked this up for me yesterday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

IMG_0750.JPG

The Boys picked this up for me yesterday.

That's skookum!  Two ball markers or is the small one a tie tac?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Could someone clue me in on why the run on toilet paper?  I know it's happening but don't get it.

There are millions of us wanting to know the answer to that question 🙄.  Our human nature and reactions to events is often funny, peculiar, and downright goofy... often all at the same time.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Bad news for sports fans everywhere. The main thing though is to try and keep everyone safe and healthy if possible, many events cancelled or being held in closed stadiums here in Aus also. Best wishes to everyone and their families, we can only hope that this passes quicker than is currently expected.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

It’s sad, but the right thing to do. There will be many more deaths than the flu, but the economic damage won’t be as bad or long lasting as 2008-09. Kids and healthy adults will be OK, unhealthy folks especially elderly will be most at risk. We just have to be smart for a while. And I suspect we’ll see all the majors this year eventually.

I guess it’s selfish,  but I don’t think this will reduce the amount of golf I play at all...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

That's skookum!  Two ball markers or is the small one a tie tac?

2 ball markers and the little guy fits into the big one. I’ll take another pic when get a chance.

Rick

Left Hand, 

during any disastrous times, you see this.....9/11, Hurricane Sandy...ect.....this is nothing new. People just forget which is why individuals still rush to the store and fistfight over toilet paper. 

Here’s the toilet paper isle at Walmart today. Not a roll to be found.IMG_0747.PNG

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Here’s the toilet paper isle at Walmart today. Not a roll to be found.IMG_0747.PNG

And then there is the 

Australian Family Accidentally Orders 12-Years' Worth of Toilet Paper

48 boxes instead of 48 rolls!!   🤣🤣🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Here’s the toilet paper isle at Walmart today. Not a roll to be found.IMG_0747.PNG.3d14b571a070bd4f507fb797e6522608.PNG

Funny I almost took a picture of our paper goods aisle at Walmart today but it would have been a picture of an empty aisle. Hoarding paper towels and toilet paper . Lots of stuff gone in the frozen food aisles as well. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Funny I almost took a picture of our paper goods aisle at Walmart today but it would have been a picture of an empty aisle. Hoarding paper towels and toilet paper . Lots of stuff gone in the frozen food aisles as well. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We don’t get it either. Some food isles were empty.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I understand imported items being in short supply. Especially items coming from China. But most toilet paper is made in paper plants in the US. I don’t understand.

Maybe the same people who eat so many milk sandwiches when it snows?

I was at Walmart and Sam's Club yesterday...lots of big empty..especially the toilet paper isle and paper towel isle. Personally I use baby wipes instead of TP. A doctor recommended that 2 years ago after a hemorrhoid flare-up. Never went back to dry TP.

Anyways, I understand the need for all the precautions the various Sports leagues are taking but I guess I thought with golf, just have no fans but the golfer and caddie still could play (2-3 per hole) and it could be broadcast on TV.  Throw in a few rules officials and really that's all you need to play a tournament. However, as my Ex-wife used to say, I'm not the tastiest cookie in the box so I probably don't really know what I'm rambling on about.

I played Monday (Damn nice weather for NW PA) and plan on playing a lot once it gets nicer. 

Be safe out there Spies!  

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

44 minutes ago, wwaldo said:

I was at Walmart and Sam's Club yesterday...lots of big empty..especially the toilet paper isle and paper towel isle. Personally I use baby wipes instead of TP. A doctor recommended that 2 years ago after a hemorrhoid flare-up. Never went back to dry TP.

TMI 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've pretty much scrolled and peeked at most comments. This virus thing is so overblown. It is! There's one thing that nobody talks about. Perspective. As in... let's put this in perspective. The facts are out there if anyone cares to inform themselves and use their head. Our national media is a joke run by a bunch of fools and tools.

Don't we have a FLU season each year in this country? And 10's of thousands die. Fact. Why don't we panic each year? We don't. It's accepted that thousands of people will die from the "flu". Even some that have had a vaccination will die. So how does the national news media handle this each year? Meh. No news really. Just a 3 second blurb that Flu season is a real bummer this year so be careful out there. Then they turn their attention to the latest iPhone release. Or something else that's really important. Like the latest hollywood celeb yapping about more nonsense or some idiot politician telling us how smart they are. (and you're not)

My unprofessional advice? Use your head. Look at the facts. (not found on TV) Put all this scare (overblown and media induced panic) into prospective. Think! If you are old and unhealthy already be very careful of any flu. Hell, a common cold can potentially kill you if left untreated. 

And don't even get me started on the toilet paper thing. Good grief!!!!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Yesterday I read and article by a doctor and two sentences from it stood out.  He said that hopefully when all this is said and done, we will look back and wonder why took all these steps because it turned out to not be that big of a deal.  The irony, he points out, is that it will hopefully not be a big deal because of all we took all these steps.

Agree with PlaidJacket. What we have here is a media induced panic for political reasons. This isn't my first rodeo either. Am 74 years young and  have been through much worse than this to include two tours in Vietnam flying choppers. Country is behaving like a bunch of wimps. Yea, you take the proper precautions but you keep a stiff upper lip and drive on. Makes me sick to my stomach to see my country react this way. To cancel these golf tournaments and other sporting events because of political correctness is a disgrace.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.