The PLAYERS (THAT WASN’T!!)

Shankster

36 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Skip forward to the 5:00 minute mark and get a clear indication of how ridiculous this whole exercise in "mass hysteria" has gotten.

Thanks

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Skip forward to the 5:00 minute mark and get a clear indication of how ridiculous this whole exercise in "mass hysteria" has gotten.

As a serious event this has no ill intensions...

But who ever has the super size iPhone with the real life plague game on it needs to delete that app.

Not sure where or how this is going but my daughter has a band concert in DC this weekend that we will not be attending at a large Auditorium. I cannot believe it hasn’t been canceled yet. Upwards of 3000 people I believe are supposed to be there.

My wife has had chronic pneumonia for a few years, so we are taking extra precautions in the Shanks Haus.
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

The media is ridiculous! The quote the first guy is referencing doesn’t even make any mention of moving the PGA Championship! It’s just a standard reply of, “we are monitoring the situation.” which everyone should know, means nothing at all. 

For sure!  But for sake of argument, let's say they were in fact thinking of moving the PGA Championshop.  The Tour would most certainly deny it anyway right up to the  very minute they announce the tournament has been moved.

Edited by TwoCoatsOfWax

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

My wife has had chronic pneumonia for a few years, so we are taking extra precautions in the Shanks Haus.

Wise decision.  It's often hard to strike the right balance with such issue as COVID-19, but hell, even during the height of flu season, reducing one's exposure (and subsequently others) to unnecessary risk is the smart play IMO.  I'll be watching The Players from the safety of my couch.  There has been a run on sani-wipes/lotion and toilet paper here in Yuma... if it starts happening to beer, there's going to be some serious trouble 🤣.

#GOWEBBSIMPSON!!

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

1 hour ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

For sure!  But for sake of argument, let's say they were in fact thinking of moving the PGA Championshop.  The Tour would most certainly deny it anyway right up to the  very minute they announce the tournament has been moved.

The PGA Tour doesn't have any control over the PGA Championship.  It's run by the PGA of America, which is a completely separate entity from the Tour. 

• Like 2

Good approach given her issue - I'd keep her away from everyone until this all subsides.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Going to watch and enjoy upcoming Players Tournament. Living in a Community with 150,000 Seniors We’re taking one day at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

But who ever has the super size iPhone with the real life plague game on it needs to delete that app.

Not sure where or how this is going but my daughter has a band concert in DC this weekend that we will not be attending at a large Auditorium. I cannot believe it hasn’t been canceled yet. Upwards of 3000 people I believe are supposed to be there.

Exactly the ones who should - please be smart and take care of your wife! - I have an immune compromised person in my house - I’m always cautious. Normally we keep sanitizer in our bathrooms and encourage it’s frequent use - we give people the option to listen to sermons and watch services on TV, encouraging them to stay home when they are sick.

Let’s get back to the tournament - can’t wait for it to start

• Like 6

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Exactly the ones who should - please be smart and take care of your wife! - I have an immune compromised person in my house - I’m always cautious. Normally we keep sanitizer in our bathrooms and encourage it’s frequent use - we give people the option to listen to sermons and watch services on TV, encouraging them to stay home when they are sick.

Yup!

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Yes sir.

Still picking whoever I picked in the first thread...

Tommy Fleetwood, for the Zinger of a win. [emoji16]
  • Like 4

In the waiting room @ Surgical Clinic for SWMBO, hope to be able to pickup The Players feed on line.

Rory or Rickie......

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

These situations are changing by the hour.....this virus is now airborne as reports out of Italy have become true. its also starting to really effect people in their 40's and 50's. Just do whats right until we get a better handle on this pandemic.  Hysteria to one person is prudent to another.  The people who automatically say this is not a big deal without knowing suffer from the Dunning & Krueger effect.  its scary how some people react. you can be prudent without being panicked. 

Remember golf is a game, not life or death. If they cancel or postpone the tour, good. Whatever helps this increasingly volatile situation. 

• Like 2

Golf is cool

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

Shankster -

I'm sure it will probably be cancelled.  Working in DC, the contracting office for our project has just informed us that they have approved teleworking and not to come in the office for a few weeks because of the Corona Virus issues.  Even our local school district has cancelled all trips as well.  Limit your wife's external exposure as much as possible. 

As for the Players, I'm definitely looking forward to watching it!  I even got the crazy idea that maybe I could even fly down and watch it live, but I got the evil eye from SWMBO so the TV it is, LOL!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Shankster -
  I'm sure it will probably be cancelled.  Working in DC, the contracting office for our project has just informed us that they have approved teleworking and not to come in the office for a few weeks because of the Corona Virus issues.  Even our local school district has cancelled all trips as well.  Limit your wife's external exposure as much as possible. 
As for the Players, I'm definitely looking forward to watching it!  I even got the crazy idea that maybe I could even fly down and watch it live, but I got the evil eye from SWMBO so the TV it is, LOL!

MDGolfHacker

Our guys rented a van and got Tix for The Players. SWMBO and I were part of the plan but had to cancel due to SWMBO medical procedure today. We had no choice on date as she was on a ASAP schedule.
As it turns out one of guys scheduled to go canceled as he was getting sick aft being in Atlanta last week, oh oh.

Hope it’s a great weekend and my Bud has just a cold.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Michelle Wie has absolutely NO business being on TV, or radio.  She still talks WAAAAAAAY too fast, like she's still a teenage girl.  What in the hell were the people at Golf Channel thinking, hiring her for a job where speaking is the main emphasis.

And I just have to say that Kara Banks is beyond annoying.  I had to turn off Golf Channel this morning after about 5 minutes of those two going back and forth.  Absolutely like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 1
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

21 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Michelle Wie has absolutely NO business being on TV, or radio.  She still talks WAAAAAAAY too fast, like she's still a teenage girl.  What in the hell were the people at Golf Channel thinking, hiring her for a job where speaking is the main emphasis.

And I just have to say that Kara Banks is beyond annoying.  I had to turn off Golf Channel this morning after about 5 minutes of those two going back and forth.  Absolutely like nails on a chalkboard.

Dam, I think they are both exceptional.  Especially when compared to the other newer on-camera personalities on various networks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Dam, I think they are both exceptional.  Especially when compared to the other newer on-camera personalities on various networks.

Cara is great. She was a great hire. Wie did a great job during Solheim Cup and the little bit i caught if her on set Tues was good. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Man, it's painful to watch Jordan right now. I was drawn to him because even at his peak, he didn't seem to have supernatural gifts (like a Rory). He was relatable. But it's the very relatability that is so hard to watch now: he's as deep inside his head as I would be in his situation. I feel like I'm watching a much more talented, struggling version of myself.

• Like 9

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0 [CURRENT MGS FORUM TEST]
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

7 way tie for the lead at -4.  Awesome!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Man, it's painful to watch Jordan right now. I was drawn to him because even at his peak, he didn't seem to have supernatural gifts (like a Rory). He was relatable. But it's the very relatability that is so hard to watch now: he's as deep inside his head as I would be in his situation. I feel like I'm watching a much more talented, struggling version of myself.

On Morning Drive a few months ago, Robert Damron said something along the lines of "Jordan probably plays golf with more natural feel than anyone in the history of the game.  Extreme feel players play the game with their eyes and have no technical thought to anything they do.  When technique gets involved, they lose feel and struggle to ever get it back."  Damron also compared Spieth's struggles to Ian Baker Finch, which I thought was very insightful.  For those who don't know, IBF was headed toward a Hall-Of-Fame career before changing his swing after winning the 1991 Open Championship.  He lost all feel for the game, which eroded his confidence and he never recovered. 

In my opinion, Spieth started chasing distance and lost his feel.  The changes he has made trying to get his feel back have created a vicious cycle that has destroyed his confidence.  The one thing that sticks in my mind is the quote from Arnold Palmer in the Golf Film "Arnie."  Mr. Palmer demonstrated his grip on camera and said "my dad put my hands on the club and said don't you ever change it."  According to the Arron Oberholser piece on Live From the other day, Spieth is on his third different grip since the 2017 Open Championship.

You hate to see it!  He is such a bulldog when his game is right.  But it hasn't been right for a long time now.

• Like 8