TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping tour wood shafts

LoganT

I have a Tour 80 3wood shaft in a stiff flex that I played for a season. Would love to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've heard that the Ping Tour shafts are similar to the UST Elements Chrome shaft, but just slightly varied.   I've demoed a Ping with the Ping Tour shaft and I must say, they are very nice.  Definitely more robust than what I have felt with other stock offerings from most companies.   

However, as just about everyone on here would say, fitting is the vital key in this.  A stock offering could fit your swing perfectly.  I swing around 110 - 112 so the Ping 75 X worked well.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 2 weeks later...

I've been gaming the Ping Tour 65, Tour 80, and Tour 90 in my G30 Driver, 5 Wood, and hybrid for a few years now.  

They are some great shafts.  As mentioned before they are made by UST based on the Elements Chrome shaft.  I find it to be perfectly in the middle of low/mid launch and spin.  It also feels really good (to me).

That 5 wood is a club I'll have a lot of trouble replacing one day.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

I have it in my driver and 5 wood. It was a big help in tightening my shot dispersion.

D  :ping-small: G30

3W :Hogan: coming soon

5W :ping-small: G30

Irons :Hogan: Ptx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42,46 degrees

PW  :Hogan: TK 50 degree

SW :cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 56 degree

LW :cleveland-small:  Rotex 2.0 60 degree

P    :ping-small:    Sigma G Anser

Ball 1 :taylormade-small: Tour Response    Ball 2 :Snell: Mtb-x

Bag 1 :Hogan: Mini Tour            Bag 2 :Hogan: Stand

I have it in my driver and 5 wood. It was a big help in tightening my shot dispersion.

I’m pretty sure my G30 5-wood with the tour 80 shaft is now the elder statesman in my bag. That club feels so easy to work either way and is great on short/tight holes off the tee or on long approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 3/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, B.Boston said:

I've been gaming the Ping Tour 65, Tour 80, and Tour 90 in my G30 Driver, 5 Wood, and hybrid for a few years now.  

They are some great shafts.  As mentioned before they are made by UST based on the Elements Chrome shaft.  I find it to be perfectly in the middle of low/mid launch and spin.  It also feels really good (to me).

That 5 wood is a club I'll have a lot of trouble replacing one day.

They are probably the best stock shafts in the market. Ping does a great job in their design of this shaft and getting it to be a great option for the general public. I’ve been fit to it a few times over the years and it was a tie between the hzrdus yellow in the g410.  Golfers with moderately fast to fast swings this shaft is a good place to start

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m pretty sure my G30 5-wood with the tour 80 shaft is now the elder statesman in my bag. That club feels so easy to work either way and is great on short/tight holes off the tee or on long approaches.

My G30 5 wood with tour shaft is my most versatile club in my bag. My playing partners just shake their head is disbelief of the 200 yard shots I have hit out of the woods and over trees onto the green.

D  :ping-small: G30

3W :Hogan: coming soon

5W :ping-small: G30

Irons :Hogan: Ptx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42,46 degrees

PW  :Hogan: TK 50 degree

SW :cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 56 degree

LW :cleveland-small:  Rotex 2.0 60 degree

P    :ping-small:    Sigma G Anser

Ball 1 :taylormade-small: Tour Response    Ball 2 :Snell: Mtb-x

Bag 1 :Hogan: Mini Tour            Bag 2 :Hogan: Stand

My G30 5 wood with tour shaft is my most versatile club in my bag. My playing partners just shake their head is disbelief of the 200 yard shots I have hit out of the woods and over trees onto the green.

Best thing I did was listen to my fitter and swap out the standard 3 wood for the 5 wood and tour shaft. I don’t think I lose anything off the tee and I can play that 5 wood much better off the ground.

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Best thing I did was listen to my fitter and swap out the standard 3 wood for the 5 wood and tour shaft. I don’t think I lose anything off the tee and I can play that 5 wood much better off the ground.

I think this goes for most amateurs. The added loft makes it easier to hit and creates better launch conditions compared to the 3w. Especially once you get into the slower swing speeds. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I think this goes for most amateurs. The added loft makes it easier to hit and creates better launch conditions compared to the 3w. Especially once you get into the slower swing speeds. 

For sure! I’ve always been more of a low ball hitter so even at my swing speed (108-110 with driver) I prefer the extra loft and ease in hitting.

For a while as a junior golfer I was hitting a 7-wood off the tee as well as I hit whatever driver I had at that time, if not better.

48 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

For sure! I’ve always been more of a low ball hitter so even at my swing speed (108-110 with driver) I prefer the extra loft and ease in hitting.

For a while as a junior golfer I was hitting a 7-wood off the tee as well as I hit whatever driver I had at that time, if not better.

I played a 5w for awhile and then got fit into the m2 3hl and it was a nice change. Similar fight to my 5w but with better carry. The 16.5 to 17-18* is a good spot for many anmaters to look at. Another interesting thing about my m2 was being fit into the exact same shaft as my driver which was the helium shaft in stiff flex. Never thought I would play a 59g shaft in a wood. Also was shocked at how good that shaft was in driver. I’ve see from fast swings with smooth transition to slower swings fit into that shaft. 

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I played a 5w for awhile and then got fit into the m2 3hl and it was a nice change. Similar fight to my 5w but with better carry. The 16.5 to 17-18* is a good spot for many anmaters to look at. Another interesting thing about my m2 was being fit into the exact same shaft as my driver which was the helium shaft in stiff flex. Never thought I would play a 59g shaft in a wood. Also was shocked at how good that shaft was in driver. I’ve see from fast swings with smooth transition to slower swings fit into that shaft. 

I can't say I've ever given the Helium a swing.  But now that I think about it the 3 wood in the simulator at my office is a 2016 TM M2 with the stock Re-Ax shaft which I think is 65G, and I'd image that's before cutting so its on the lighter end too... and I've hit that one really well.

54 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I can't say I've ever given the Helium a swing.  But now that I think about it the 3 wood in the simulator at my office is a 2016 TM M2 with the stock Re-Ax shaft which I think is 65G, and I'd image that's before cutting so its on the lighter end too... and I've hit that one really well.

I think the helium being a counter balanced shaft allows the lighter weight to not be as noticeable. The UST person who fit me was surprised it worked in the driver to start with. I was warming up with a bridgestone j15 that had the attas 6star in it. He was liking ge ball flight with that and based on that and the fact I was playing a hzrdus yellow in my gamer he had me pegged to be in their golf shaft. We got that shaft with the M2 head dialed in and he was like just so I can get some numbers let’s try the helium. First swing and distance went up and numbers overall were better including dispersion. He just shook his head and goes that’s the winning combo. Then we moved onto the 3hl with same shaft and 3 swings in he was like yeah we are good

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Allanz47 said:

Are you still interested in selling it? 

sold a few months ago on the bay. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/