TESTERS WANTED! ×

COVID-19

bens197

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and concerns regarding my son and daughter in law.  

To day, my golf experience really help my non-golf life.  

I was stressed and definitely living in my head.  I took a walk and found I couldn't stop worrying and obsessing.  Then it dawned on me that my state wasn't all the different from going into the 17th hole with a career round going. On the course, I (mostly) have learned to focus, get back to process and not to worry about the score on last two holes--to just play the game as it comes.  So, I slowed my walk down, concentrated on my breathing, focused on task, recognized intruding thoughts and let them float through.  A mile later, I had calmed down and felt much better about life. When I got back to the house, my wife even commented on my mood change.   

Thanks golf.  

Hopefully tomorrow I can make it to the course or range for some additional therapy.   

The virus did originate in China but that doesn't make it right to refer to it as "the Chinese virus."

Here's a post from Asian American actor Chloe Bennet to consider....

I thought it originated in China? Oh well I've been wrong before. Sorry man.
In the meantime I'm heading out to enjoy a delicious plate of Mexican food. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I've just been temporarily laid off while the cinema I work at is shut down. A bit concerned about what's going to happen next. Will be applying for employment insurance but I'm short on the eligibility requirements so hoping to qualify for one of the emergency programs the government is putting in place during this time.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

3 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I've just been temporarily laid off while the cinema I work at is shut down. A bit concerned about what's going to happen next. Will be applying for employment insurance but I'm short on the eligibility requirements so hoping to qualify for one of the emergency programs the government is putting in place during this time.

Sorry to hear that, good luck and I hope everything works out for all of us!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

We are probably going to cut our vaycay here in Florida short and leave Monday or Tuesday. We're hoping that that will spur the in-laws to leave early and get home before, from the rumours we've been hearing, that a mandatory stay in place order gets issued.

I've also cancelled my trip back home in May as Australia has a 14 day self isolate order for anyone entering the country, which would be difficult to adhere to only being there 6 days. I just hope American has some flexibility for me using my fare credit because I won't go back until February next year, but their terms are using by mid December. 

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

For the past 6 or 7 years, we have hosted my wife’s sisters for the winter. They are all older than my wife and the time they get to share is just amazing, playing cards and remembering days gone by. They are all widows, living in Montana, Nebraska & Alabama. Looks like they will be canceling their flights home in a couple weeks. Their Brother, who lives in Iowa is driving down to FL(where we live) and planning on driving them back home to AL & NB. The sister from Montana will wait in Omaha for her daughter to drive down and get her in a couple weeks.

I know their visit ends next week, but have thoroughly enjoyed their company. I also think that their stay here has kept them from being exposed to the Chinese Virus, where it s warm and they don’t have to go out for anything.....I must admit, we had plenty of food for all.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

@fozcycle Please refer to the virus as COVID-19 or Corona Virus. I realize you may not have intended any harm, but your current reference comes across poorly and I'd really hate to see our MGS mods pull this thread. @FrogginBullfish shared all we need to know (see above) about the current rhetoric surrounding the name of the virus. Thanks.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Cuomo just announced 100% of non essential work staff stay home. Think that closes our golf courses pretty easy.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 3/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, TR1PTIK said:

@fozcycle Please refer to the virus as COVID-19 or Corona Virus. I realize you may not have intended any harm, but your current reference comes across poorly and I'd really hate to see our MGS mods pull this thread. @FrogginBullfish shared all we need to know (see above) about the current rhetoric surrounding the name of the virus. Thanks.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 3/18/2020 at 11:42 PM, alfriday101 said:

I found out my son and daughter in law are sick at home with a presumed case of the Coronavirus.  Both are 35 and healthy overall.  I say presumptive because they can't get tested.  They live in Minneapolis and testing is severely limited.  My daughter in law was exposed at a conference in Minnesota and had a coworker test positive after being hospitalized.   

I freaked out when I heard, but calmed down after talking to them.  My daughter in law came down with it first and is on the mend.  My son is a few days behind, but seems to be recovering.  They say it absolutely sucks.  My son said he walked down the stairs and felt like he had to take a nap.  Luckily, they should recover from it.  

The best news is that they have been self isolating at home for over a week, so they haven't spread it to anyone else, including our other son who lives a couple of blocks from them.  The younger son is on standby to do market runs and to pick up anything they need.  They also say their friends are all volunteering to help.  

I'm in Florida and feel helpless.  What if they were in the 10 to 25 percent of young people that require hospitalization?  What if they hadn't taken appropriate measured and self isolated?  What if they had visited us or their grandparents, or her mother who lives near them and is over 70?  

It's been a surreal day.  I went to the course earlier and practiced the short game and then hit balls.  My wife and I walked the dog to the beach.  And then we find out about the kids.

I don't want to hijack the tread, so I'll say thanks for the concern in advance so we can stay on the topic.  

Stay safe and flatten the curve.  

Hope everything turns out OK for your son and daughter.  

On 3/19/2020 at 6:12 AM, ncwoz said:

I don't know about y'all, but this is so surreal. Some moments hanging out with my wife I completely forget anything's going on at all, then others it feels like the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced, with grocery stores half cleared out and a ton of people staying home. Such a weird back and forth.

Yes it is.  My wife even stopped going out for coffee at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks because she doesn't know the status of the people making those drinks...her desire for carry out has dropped to zero for the same reason.  On a good note, my grilling arm is getting a workout! 😆😆😂

14 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Would love to hear why

TV's have electronic chips so you never know if they have any type of embedded code that could try to connect. probe and attack devices  like laptops, etc...One of my offices denied a pallet of Dell laptops because the supply chain couldn't be verified.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

TV's have electronic chips so you never know if they have any type of embedded code that could try to connect. probe and attack devices  like laptops, etc...One of my offices denied a pallet of Dell laptops because the supply chain couldn't be verified.

It could also be that many modern TV's are "smart" and could potentially provide a backdoor into a computer if they are connect to your wifi.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Well unfortunately I was right and now the whole state is shut down. Doesn't affect my job as I work in AG but all courses are closed down.

Just saw NY did the same thing.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

7 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Well unfortunately I was right and now the whole state is shut down. Doesn't affect my job as I work in AG but all courses are closed down.

Just saw NY did the same thing.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Bummer! Good luck and stay safe yourself!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

We were all thinking this was our last day at work. We thought for sure Gov. Dewine was going to shut down everything non essential. We dodged that bullet... for now.

Unfortunately, the company laid off 4 people today. I was not one of them. I will probably be the last in the shop if it is to happen. This is particularly scary for us hourly workers.

Fortunately, I'm frugal with money, and I can last for probably a whole year. I don't relish the thought of using up what took me so long to save. I'm praying we all get through this without too much trauma. God bless you all.... and good luck.

The Governor of PA. shut down all golf courses. One of the better local course had come up with a way to play so no-one got near anyone. 1 person to a cart, pin stays in always, raised cup so ball doesn't drop, etc. and they had to stop that as of yesterday. Gonna be a long next few months.

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

The Governor of PA. shut down all golf courses. One of the better local course had come up with a way to play so no-one got near anyone. 1 person to a cart, pin stays in always, raised cup so ball doesn't drop, etc. and they had to stop that as of yesterday. Gonna be a long next few months.

We’ve been doing that here, started this week. Starters are checking us in electronically when they can.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

D’oh!!!!
IMG_0822.JPG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Got a bit of good news bad news yesterday. Boss says he is gonna start staying home (He is 75) but apparently the HVAC and plumbing industry is considered essential so I can continue to work. Not sure how we are going to deal with going into peoples houses yet though.

The bad news is he just let us know that he hired a kid that recently got back from spring break in South Padre. Should be interesting considering our small business only has 8 current employees and only 2 of us are under 55. Personally I think the kid should be required to pass the Coronavirus test before coming to work and entering someone’s home but who knows what my boss will do. Until yesterday he kept calling all this a hoax!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Got a bit of good news bad news yesterday. Boss says he is gonna start staying home (He is 75) but apparently the HVAC and plumbing industry is considered essential so I can continue to work. Not sure how we are going to deal with going into peoples houses yet though.

The bad news is he just let us know that he hired a kid that recently got back from spring break in South Padre. Should be interesting considering our small business only has 8 current employees and only 2 of us are under 55. Personally I think the kid should be required to pass the Coronavirus test before coming to work and entering someone’s home but who knows what my boss will do. Until yesterday he kept calling all this a hoax!

... Wow, just wow. This country can be so frustrating. 3 states ordered not to leave their homes unless absolutely necessary and even then most everything is closed. Health care workers getting sick and some losing their lives is a hoax?!? The kid should absolutely take the test before potentially infecting others. Stay safe and please don't take any unnecessary chances. 

Well, we're bailing from Florida tomorrow. We were meant to stay until Thursday but because everything is basically shut down, we were going to leave on Monday. I got a text from Southwest this morning that our flight had been cancelled because they've stopped flying to Chicago. So, I had to rebook the flight and if we didn't want to get home at about 1am in the morning we have to leave tomorrow. As it is we'll be getting home about 11.30pm tomorrow night.

Surprisingly my work still wants me to come in when my vaycay is over but my wife has already been told to self quarantine for 14 days when we get back...we both work for Summit County. Me in the Sewer department and her in Juvenile court. 

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

... Wow, just wow. This country can be so frustrating. 3 states ordered not to leave their homes unless absolutely necessary and even then most everything is closed. Health care workers getting sick and some losing their lives is a hoax?!? The kid should absolutely take the test before potentially infecting others. Stay safe and please don't take any unnecessary chances. 

Yeah as often as he kept saying it, it seemed like he was trying to convince himself of it. He is definitely one of them stubborn, set in his ways, old men yelling at clouds kind of guy. He was suppose to retire 5 years ago and turn the company over to his son but doesn’t seem to want to give up the power of being the BOSS!

We actually started using Lysol wipes on our hands and steering wheels after leaving costumers houses. The secretary is supposed to be asking if anyone has felt ill lately when taking calls as well.
Our main concern is with the lack of TP in stores that people will be using the flushable (which really shouldn’t be flushed especially if you have a septic tank) wipes as well as non flushable products and plugging their sewers. Luckily we have enough new house builds to stay busy that we shouldn’t need to go into someone’s house unless it is an emergency should it come to that.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

With in-restaurant dining being closed, a lot of restaurants in my area are doing some cool stuff with takeout orders. Just ordered $100 worth of raw meat from Fogo de Chao that I will pickup. Will freeze some and cook some tonight.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

First case in our county that we know of was put on the informational web site...

Worked at the hospital, not sure in what capacity... commuted in from DC area apparently.

We have enough food to last till March 31st... debating on whether I should venture out now before it gets worse, or wait. Either way I feel is bad, especially with the wife’s lung stuff already there.

Top it off with a call from the property management place for our condo saying “sorry you didn’t buy the trip insurance, so you can either come or lose your money.” “Everyone is still out and about”... but the restaurants are closed... who the heck would want to go there?

I know there are people how are affected far worse than I can imagine, and my prayers go out to anyone and everyone dealing with this terrible virus.

Thank a healthcare worker, even if from afar. Please do your part in slowing this beast down.

End rant.

Cheers everyone!

IMG_0844.PNG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Well, we're bailing from Florida tomorrow. We were meant to stay until Thursday but because everything is basically shut down, we were going to leave on Monday. I got a text from Southwest this morning that our flight had been cancelled because they've stopped flying to Chicago. So, I had to rebook the flight and if we didn't want to get home at about 1am in the morning we have to leave tomorrow. As it is we'll be getting home about 11.30pm tomorrow night.

Surprisingly my work still wants me to come in when my vaycay is over but my wife has already been told to self quarantine for 14 days when we get back...we both work for Summit County. Me in the Sewer department and her in Juvenile court. 

My daughter who also works in Juvey Court in CT been home since Tuesday. She and 3 others have to go in today to do reports that have to be done by state law. Then who knows.

Rick

Left Hand, 

First case in our county that we know of was put on the informational web site...

Worked at the hospital, not sure in what capacity... commuted in from DC area apparently.

We have enough food to last till March 31st... debating on whether I should venture out now before it gets worse, or wait. Either way I feel is bad, especially with the wife’s lung stuff already there.

Top it off with a call from the property management place for our condo saying “sorry you didn’t buy the trip insurance, so you can either come or lose your money.” “Everyone is still out and about”... but the restaurants are closed... who the heck would want to go there?

I know there are people how are affected far worse than I can imagine, and my prayers go out to anyone and everyone dealing with this terrible virus.

Thank a healthcare worker, even if from afar. Please do your part in slowing this beast down.

End rant.

Cheers everyone!

Condo Mgt Co are d...$. Not refunding all or partial in what is a National Emergency is pretty low.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My daughter who also works in Juvey Court in CT been home since Tuesday. She and 3 others have to go in today to do reports that have to be done by state law. Then who knows.

... Fwiw, I think the entire country should have been put on lockdown which is the only way to stop the spread and flatten the curve. Obviously small rural towns unaffected by the virus could work around this but all the cities of any size should have been doing this all along. It is mind boggling that people are still going to beaches where crowds are incubating the virus then spreading it all over the country when these people go back home, especially those showing no symptoms but spreading the virus.

...I went out for the first time in the Chicago suburbs yesterday to stock up with some produce and other food at Whole Foods and wore surgical gloves, kept my distance and touched nothing I did not need to touch and threw the gloves out when I got home. Interestingly about 10 people wore masks which I would have if I owned one, an about 10 others wore gloves. But by and large most people acted like there was nothing different going on, crowding together and not keeping 6 feet spacing, touching their faces and many surfaces. People ... sigh. I hope everyone here is using common sense and staying safe. 

... Fwiw, I think the entire country should have been put on lockdown which is the only way to stop the spread and flatten the curve. Obviously small rural towns unaffected by the virus could work around this but all the cities of any size should have been doing this all along. It is mind boggling that people are still going to beaches where crowds are incubating the virus then spreading it all over the country when these people go back home, especially those showing no symptoms but spreading the virus.

...I went out for the first time in the Chicago suburbs yesterday to stock up with some produce and other food at Whole Foods and wore surgical gloves, kept my distance and touched nothing I did not need to touch and threw the gloves out when I got home. Interestingly about 10 people wore masks which I would have if I owned one, an about 10 others wore gloves. But by and large most people acted like there was nothing different going on, crowding together and not keeping 6 feet spacing, touching their faces and many surfaces. People ... sigh. I hope everyone here is using common sense and staying safe. 

There are pics of New York floating around from yesterday with very large gathering of people out and about with no distancing at all. Gov Cuomo was not happy about it.

Rick

Left Hand,