TESTERS WANTED! ×

COVID-19

bens197

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Anybody else have opinions on AZ governor decision to keep golf courses on the "essential" business list?

Our courses have mostly stayed open as well.  I played on Thursday and from what I've found, is that carts are no longer an option, just walked.  Also the clubhouses are shut down and all payment is required over the phone or internet before the round.  

To me, doing this. along with some other guidelines like the rakes and inverted cups give us just about all we need to keep the practices safe.  I hope that people do not take advantage, but I think golf can remain open during this time if we are cautious on the course.  

I found a couple balls during the round and had to remind myself not to mess with them, luckily no pro v1's. lol

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

... I certainly have an opinion on Ducey   but not something to discuss here.  As someone trying to buy a home in Phoenix and trying to get out there as soon as possible, I certainly understand keeping golf courses open because as you said, the majority will follow social distancing rules. I am not sure there is another area with as many golf courses as Phoenix and depends on that income year round. Coupled with this is the prime season and in a few months the heat makes most stay home and not golf and all the snow birds are gone. But like everything in life, the few can ruin it for the many. We had courses open in Illinois for a few days and someone took a video of 4 guys carrying their bags while drinking, slapping fives on the green, pulling the flag and basically ignoring every Covid rule. The Governor shut courses back down after 2 days. Sadly in an area densely populated like Phoenix, with a high percentage of people over 60 you just can't take chances with a deadly virus that exponentially increases with exposure, especially since it kills the elderly, mostly with pre existing conditions. So honestly I can see both sides but would err on the cautious side, at least for the near future until this hopefully gets a little more under control. 
Ha! The governor could be a whole other topic.. but in the spirit of keeping politics out of the forum, we shall refrain.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Our courses have mostly stayed open as well.  I played on Thursday and from what I've found, is that carts are no longer an option, just walked.  Also the clubhouses are shut down and all payment is required over the phone or internet before the round.  
To me, doing this. along with some other guidelines like the rakes and inverted cups give us just about all we need to keep the practices safe.  I hope that people do not take advantage, but I think golf can remain open during this time if we are cautious on the course.  
I found a couple balls during the round and had to remind myself not to mess with them, luckily no pro v1's. lol
Oh yes I forgot to mention removing the rakes. The course I play regularly has a kid driving around keeping the sand/dirt raked. They've also closed their dining room and put spacers in between stalls at the range.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

My daughter in law does modeling for the insurance re-insurance industry.  She forwarded this site to me a couple of days ago.  If you pull it up, there is a green box labeled "United States of America."  You can click on it and get a drop down box that allows you to look at projections for each state.  It is a good reference on where different states are in their curve and how steep the curves are anticipated to be.  

The projections are from The Institute for Health Metics at the University of Washington.  

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Look what you guys made me do. I couldn't find wings at the store, but they had legs! Smoked them with some pecan wood and they turned out delicious!20200326_195007-01.jpeg.cf88bfd4e6f1778ca94ed60be8db89fa.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Man those look killer! Remind me of the Renaissance festival here in AZ. But mini versions. They do giant smoked turkey legs.

I have a half brisket in the smoker right this very minute!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

This is the official shutdown from a course in CT.IMG_0795.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It's a shame that people can't follow simple rules of maintaining space.  Had to call the pro shop about 2 guys playing out of the same bag today, sharing clubs.  Guess they think they're immune to rules and viruses.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’ll be making a sign for my office door tomorrow morning.

“Kindly refrain from entering, unless you absolutely need to. If you do, please follow social distancing etiquette!”

Last week everyone decided to come hang out in there.

After a heavy dose of Lysol, I plan on moving the two other workstations out of there, and removing all of the chairs.

This is the official shutdown from a course in CT.IMG_0795.PNG.72c49641fa5bdcce59a0fb73f3894e06.PNG

Didn’t take long to find out what happened. The “Men’s Club” morons were drinking together in the parking lot after golf. All bunched up of course. They got spotted by people and rightfully turned them in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Didn’t take long to find out what happened. The “Men’s Club” morons were drinking together in the parking lot after golf. All bunched up of course. They got spotted by people and rightfully turned them in.

Just checked in on the Governor of Maryland’s Twitter feed. They arrested a guy that had a bonfire with 60 people... that’s just dumb. They should have locked up the other 59 with him.

The comments make my blood boil. Not sure what the heck is wrong with people that they can’t understand what “State of Emergency” means.

Good grief, if they can’t follow simple tasks this crap will never go away.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:05 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

That's the problem with having so many outlets of "information."  Determining what is factual and what is not.  So hard to figure out what you should base your decisions on concerning Corona virus, but I always go with this approach - use common sense!

MDGolfHacker

Couldn’t agree more. I stay away from it all as much as I can and do what I think is right and conscious. Do what you need to do and protect yourself and others as necessary.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

My brother and I played on Wednesday last week. We had our own cart and we followed the rules. I would like to continue playing, but what we saw on the course was way beyond what has been mandated/suggested. I doubt we will be able to keep playing because of the idiots out there.

Man those look killer! Remind me of the Renaissance festival here in AZ. But mini versions. They do giant smoked turkey legs.

I have a half brisket in the smoker right this very minute!

I bet that brisket will be phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This says it all!IMG_0796.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I don’t have a problem with keeping golf courses open as long as the proper precautions are taking.
I personally think the only real reason to lock down cities is because a lot of people can’t/won’t follow the guidelines. You see pictures all the time of beaches, bars, and streets of places not completely closed down, full of people unable to see past themselves.

On a side note I would love to know what Japan knows. I read a tweet earlier that they had their first confirmed case in January. A population of 126 million people and only 52 deaths. Obviously they know something we don’t, right?

They wear masks all the time normally I'm sure that has something to do with it.

The wife and I went to Home Depot today to pick up some siding cleaner and garden soil to do a couple of projects and we wore masks. People look at us a little funny, but neither of us feel like getting sick or risking the life of her mom who has multiple health issues. We've been visiting her, at a distance, working on her yard and still are cautious when it comes to her health.

On the way home, we drove by one of the courses in town and saw they're still open. I couldn't tell what kind of measures they had in place, but did notice those hitting on the range were a little closer together than I would feel comfortable with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The wife and I went to Home Depot today to pick up some siding cleaner and garden soil to do a couple of projects and we wore masks. People look at us a little funny, but neither of us feel like getting sick or risking the life of her mom who has multiple health issues. We've been visiting her, at a distance, working on her yard and still are cautious when it comes to her health.

On the way home, we drove by one of the courses in town and saw they're still open. I couldn't tell what kind of measures they had in place, but did notice those hitting on the range were a little closer together than I would feel comfortable with.

I wear a mask right now too when I go somewhere where there are likely going to be other people. Right now, just using a surgical mask, but should probably use a N95 mask.

Haven't busted out the P100 half respirator yet, but I have it if needed. I just happen to have a few different types of masks around, purchased way before this whole covid-19 thing. The respirator was purchased for cutting cement board.

0641857-11.jpg

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Next time I have to go to the store I’m wearing one. I just ordered a few cloth ones for at work.

I hit balls at my club today, and did some short game practice.  At least at my club, people are taking social distancing very seriously.  Only people living in the same house are allowed to share a cart.  On the range, the hitting stations have been spread out and even then, people left big gaps when hitting balls.  We have two practice greens for members.  I was on one.  Another golfer showed up and went to the other green.  

It can work. 

Next time I have to go to the store I’m wearing one. I just ordered a few cloth ones for at work.

SWMBO bought a couple boxes of masks a while back because they were on sale for work around house. Didn’t realize it at the time but a good idea.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, Shankster said:

There were a large number of people wearing gloves and masks at the grocery store yesterday morning. I wore gloves but no mask, and everyone did their best to maintain distance. Even where there weren't markings on the floor, folks stayed away if they needed to grab something near someone else. It made the whole trip take a little longer even with less people in the store, but I was pleasantly surprised with how cautious (and smart) everyone was being.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

There were a large number of people wearing gloves and masks at the grocery store yesterday morning. I wore gloves but no mask, and everyone did their best to maintain distance. Even where there weren't markings on the floor, folks stayed away if they needed to grab something near someone else. It made the whole trip take a little longer even with less people in the store, but I was pleasantly surprised with how cautious (and smart) everyone was being.

They weren’t the last time I went. Big herds. Hopefully they get the idea now...?

It's really great to see so many of our major companies stepping up to help out with this pandemic.  Tip of the hat to Abbott Labs, Roche, CVS, Fedex, UPS, GM, Walmart, and a host of others.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

19 hours ago, CarlH said:

It's a shame that people can't follow simple rules of maintaining space.  Had to call the pro shop about 2 guys playing out of the same bag today, sharing clubs.  Guess they think they're immune to rules and viruses.

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just checked in on the Governor of Maryland’s Twitter feed. They arrested a guy that had a bonfire with 60 people... that’s just dumb. They should have locked up the other 59 with him.

The comments make my blood boil. Not sure what the heck is wrong with people that they can’t understand what “State of Emergency” means.

Good grief, if they can’t follow simple tasks this crap will never go away.

If there's one thing I've learned in all of this, it's that people are dumb.

This looks promising though! https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma-emergency-inds

I'm sure we'll find a way to turn it into a billion-dollar market before it's readily-available though.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

41 minutes ago, yungkory said:

This looks promising though! https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma-emergency-inds

I'm sure we'll find a way to turn it into a billion-dollar market before it's readily-available though.

That's now how treatments and vaccines for these type of situations work.  Most of these efforts from large Bio Pharma companies are done in coordination with the government.  This isnt about making money.

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Personally I have been around long enough to know I don't trust the public to do the right thing. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”