TESTERS WANTED! ×

COVID-19

bens197

I just ordered this shirt

B68AB964-766C-4C67-994A-C0B55577E74E.thumb.png.fd28bdecb8b07d2b4a8950e0ee8df26c.png

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I just ordered this shirt
B68AB964-766C-4C67-994A-C0B55577E74E.thumb.png.fd28bdecb8b07d2b4a8950e0ee8df26c.png

Love that!
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

A lady in my office bragged all of yesterday morning about the bonfire party she attended over the weekend on a lake about 90 miles from here.  Just before lunch, I wasn't having it anymore.  I asked her how responsible she thought that was given the situation.  Exposing herself to large groups of people from other regions and bringing it back to our workspace to potentially infect the rest of us.
She countered with something to the effect of "I have a social life. I'm not giving that up because it doesn't meet your approval!"  With that, she began posting dozens of pictures on Facebook of her weekend extravaganza. 
Within an hour, management sent her home with instructions to not return until the governor's "shelter in place" directive is rescinded.  It appears, I'm not the only one who doesn't approve!  Here's to hoping she doesn't return at all!!!!!

Responsible Management looking out for the workers in the Company

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well, I'm surprised it wasn't done earlier but the Governor of Maryland has issues a shelter in place order as of 8PM yesterday.  

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Well, I'm surprised it wasn't done earlier but the Governor of Maryland has issues a shelter in place order as of 8PM yesterday.  

MDGolfHacker

I wish that was the attitude and approach of more of our Governors. Like it or not, this is what we need.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

We were asked to watch this on shift at the request of our medical director. 24 minutes and some very good information. Please share

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I wish that was the attitude and approach of more of our Governors. Like it or not, this is what we need.

... I don't think we could get a better example of the saying "Close the barn door after the horse has bolted". It is always difficult to trust any "news" today but I saw a statistic that said 25% of cases are asymptomatic so these people can spread the virus and never know they are infected. This is why SAH, social distancing is so important. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Responsible Management looking out for the workers in the Company emoji106.png

Yep. Management has it's problems in my company, but it is all in on protecting it's workers. They are keeping in touch with all of us that are on shut down, and trying their best to help get everyone signed up for unemployment. They are paying our medical insurance 100% through the whole thing.... although we will be responsible for paying it back over the course of time.

It's good to know that you work for an employer that really does care about the employees. 

Edited by silver & black

40 minutes ago, sixcat said:

readily admit, I was late to the party on this whole mess.  I thought initially, it was being massively overblown.  But after gathering some information on "flattening the curve" the lightbulb went off.  This isn't about me. 

I'm right there with you. I felt the same way early on. I've come to realize this is way more serious than I believed it to be.  I only go out for groceries, that's it. I do walk my dogs every day, but that is not the same thing as being around people. I will probably play golf, but it will be alone and walking. I'll do my part for as long as it takes to get a handle on this thing. Hopefully we can all get back to normal in the not too distant future.

The number of people who call 911 has gone up to normal levels in my city. We had a lower number of calls for about a week and now it is back to normal with people calling for things that aren't a life threatening emergency. Also people don't like to listen when we tell them no one goes to the hospital but the patient and they follow us any way. Is it that hard for people to follow commands?

Just now, silver & black said:

I'm right there with you. I felt the same way early on. I've come to realize this is way more serious than I believed it to be.  I only go out for groceries, that's it. I do walk my dogs every day, but that is not the same thing as being around people. I will probably play golf, but it will be alone and walking. I'll do my part for as long as it takes to get a handle on this thing. Hopefully we can all get back to normal in the not too distant future.

I am fortunate to have the ability to play a lot of golf right now.  My home club is open with restrictions in place.  Guest play isn't permitted until this is over, the clubhouse is closed and carts are off limits.  Walking only!  We don't have dining or a range so those aren't a concern.  

It's interesting to see that the CDC is now considering recommending the general public wear face masks. My opinion is that the prior recommendation that the general public should not wear face masks because it won't prevent transmission of the disease is too black and white. I understand that it won't prevent, but could it reduce the chances of transmission, even by a small percentage? If asymptomatic carriers wear them, will it help reduce the chance of them transmitting it to another person? If it helps by at least by some small percentage, then I think we should use them. However, we would need to be careful to ensure people don't start hoarding face masks and taking them away from healthcare providers. I guess the other potential issue is that people will become overconfident and feel protected by the mask and then not follow social distancing.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Just now, tommc23 said:

The number of people who call 911 has gone up to normal levels in my city. We had a lower number of calls for about a week and now it is back to normal with people calling for things that aren't a life threatening emergency. Also people don't like to listen when we tell them no one goes to the hospital but the patient and they follow us any way. Is it that hard for people to follow commands?

It's funny you should mention 911 calls.  My city sent a mass text message yesterday afternoon that read "911 is for emergencies!  Do not call 911 with questions about business closures, restaurant deliveries, potential curfews, or the governors shelter in place directive!"

It's sad local officials have to do this.  People are stupid!

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

It's funny you should mention 911 calls.  My city sent a mass text message yesterday afternoon that read "911 is for emergencies!  Do not call 911 with questions about business closures, restaurant deliveries, potential curfews, or the governors shelter in place directive!"

9 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

That’s interesting to hear.  Our call volume is down since mid-March and has been consistently down since this has evolved.  Have you guys adjusted your responses for fire apparatus or is it go on everything?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Yes it is too hard for them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

No argument from me on this statement. When I think I’ve seen the dumbest thing ever someone comes along and tops it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I readily admit, I was late to the party on this whole mess.  I thought initially, it was being massively overblown.  But after gathering some information on "flattening the curve" the lightbulb went off.  This isn't about me.  It's about those I may come into contact with.  Stopping the spread means we all have to sacrifice in some way.  So, my family and I began doing our part, which wasn't much of a change for us.  Sadly, we can't make irresponsible people understand responsibility.

My guess is this position is the vast majority of people. It sucks that there is no faith in media or government and it comes to this, but I don't think there is anybody who saw this turning out this way. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

11 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

My guess is this position is the vast majority of people. It sucks that there is no faith in media or government and it comes to this, but I don't think there is anybody who saw this turning out this way. 

... I think many saw this coming. I agree it is sad all current "news" outlets simply tell their base what they want to hear. 24 hr news stations are money makers when back in the day they were loss leaders because they were accurate, not telling their audience what they wanted to hear. That said, it is one thing to slant politics to fit their base, it is quite another to mislead their audience when the owners are taking precautions against a worldwide pandemic they know is coming. I really hope this is a wake up call for people locked in to one "news" source. Politics have divided and distracted our country which is exactly what some wanted all along, but I hope this medical crises brings us back together. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Yeah for sure gents. I don’t watch the news, refuse to. Had I been paying attention earlier, I would have prepared better.

I usually don’t pay attention to the Flu stuff, so I laughed at the name of it first off. Then when it hit Washington my boss started getting antsy, no one else really thought anything of it... here we are several weeks into this and people still don’t get it.

I only watch the press and live video releases from our Governor as the definitive source for Covid since it pertains to my family directly.  I take everything else with a grain of salt.  The amount of finger pointing at the federal level is ridiculous and the politics that have become involved in all aspects are just sad.  Work for the betterment of your people.  I feel like that mantra has been lost on the Federal side... On a good note, I'm pretty sure my family has finished every puzzle in the house my wife and kids could find.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to rename my son Youtube...since that's what he only seems to respond too....LOL

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My job exports 75% of our product overseas, I was able to see what was going on long before it got the recognition it deserved. But my feeble mind still couldn't completely wrap my head around it or its implications. 

China was not forthcoming in what was happening and our leaders were slow to react. That combo has been the anchor pulling us down to the bottom. We will come out the other side and hopefully be better prepared in the future. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

My job exports 75% of our product overseas, I was able to see what was going on long before it got the recognition it deserved. But my feeble mind still couldn't completely wrap my head around it or its implications. 

China was not forthcoming in what was happening and our leaders were slow to react. That combo has been the anchor pulling us down to the bottom. We will come out the other side and hopefully be better prepared in the future. 

Same here. Although we're HQ'd in the northeast we sell all over the world and have partners everywhere. We saw what was happening and thankfully our company put measures into place almost immediately. So far, so good - we're pretty much all working remote, no one is sick (yet) and due to the nature of what we build, business has been through the roof. It boggled my mind to see how little credence too many people put into the warnings of what was coming, and now we're in this boat for the foreseeable future. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'm so cynical and skeptical of everything reported by any/all media outlet(s), I have no idea what to think.  We're basically living a new episode of "24" everyday.  I halfway expect to see Kiefer Sutherland running down my street chasing a Humvee loaded with dirty politicians any day now.

Life is a bit surreal at the moment!  Life imitating art kind of thing.

Curious to know what specific precautions everyone is using besides the obvious of social distancing and staying at home. Here are mine:

• Significantly limited grocery store trips, mostly grocery delivery only. Not really any other trips outside of the house
  • Wear a mask if I have to go outside of the house
  • Don't bring any packages inside the house. I clean the outside of the box when possible and the contents as well
  • Wash hands frequently, especially after touching anything from the outside, and always before eating
  • Heat up in the microwave or the oven any food that was prepared outside of the house

My wife was a germaphobe to begin with, so our methods might be a bit extreme

Updated 07/15/2022

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Honestly, this may be one of my favorite quotes because it is so accurate. Possibly one of my favorite movies as well. Don't care much for the other MIB movies.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

It's interesting to see that the CDC is now considering recommending the general public wear face masks. My opinion is that the prior recommendation that the general public should not wear face masks because it won't prevent transmission of the disease is too black and white. I understand that it won't prevent, but could it reduce the chances of transmission, even by a small percentage? If asymptomatic carriers wear them, will it help reduce the chance of them transmitting it to another person? If it helps by at least by some small percentage, then I think we should use them. However, we would need to be careful to ensure people don't start hoarding face masks and taking them away from healthcare providers. I guess the other potential issue is that people will become overconfident and feel protected by the mask and then not follow social distancing.

It's too late to prevent people from buying too much unfortunately. If the CDC put out a recommendation or mandate on face masks, I doubt I would be able to comply. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour