TESTERS WANTED! ×

COVID-19

bens197

So since this thread is here I will ask it:

Does anyone know some who has or has had it?

I have one FB friend who has. I have never met her face to face but her illness is well documented given that she writes for the Wall Street Journal. She is well on her way to recovery.

I have a Parishioner who was exposed by two guys who had it - both quickly recovered and we have played golf since he got off quarantine. He never developed symptoms.

I know two other people who knew people who had it. All were quarantined. Neither got it. But sadly one of the connected people, a 52 with co-morbidities, has died.

Spent a day in an ER with Penny last week. It was the scariest thing that I’ve ever done and I’ve done some stuff including CPR on people who were alive and died and cutting a guy who hung himself,down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes, two who have been diagnosed. One female in her late 50’s (Florida) who just retired in October and one female in her mid 30’s (New York) who works for my wife (my wife is currently quarantined at home with no symptoms as precaution). These are the direct “I know them” cases. Last night on a conference call with my college friends, one of our guys’ best friends lost his mother in downstate, NY. She lasted three days.

As far as the two affected that I know. The elder is relatively healthy and has no past medical Hx. She was bedridden for 5 days once it peaked at around day 9. She described fever, chills and the “worst GD flu I’ve ever imagined.” Her husband is a 40+ year Fire Chief who has health issues (spent a week on the pile at Ground Zero running a team) and is susceptible to the presumptive cancer coverage for 9/11 responders. His health scares me the most and the fact that he wasn’t symptomatic is great news.

The 30 yo had a slower onset and less severe symptoms however she has two elementary aged kids and a young husband. She’s said that until all 3 of them tested negative, the emotional strain made the symptoms far worse.

Each of them are recovering and doing well.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm about an hour away from starting 2 weeks off. I'm not sure if I'd rather be at work dealing with sick people or home with the wife and 2 teenage daughters.

We're still seeing an increases locally and nationally, but the doubling rate is slowing. Our testing rates are high (best globally per capita) which can only be a good thing.  My hospital is probably one of the best set for the upcoming crisis. We recently regained possession of the private hospital across the street from the main hospital. This has had a quick refurbishment and will be used for Covid-19 if required. Currently it is being used for testing and assessment of possible cases and imaging of these people where necessary. We've developed some "no touch" workflow for X-ray to minimise risk to staff, patients are in and out in 2 minutes and barely touch any equipment.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Our governor just announced that our stay home order (no golf) is extended until May 4.  💩

Our initial "shelter in place" order by the governor of Virginia didn't come until this past Monday, March 30.  It's in effect through June 10!!!!!

Our stay at home order by Gov. DeWine has been extended until May 1st. Courses are still allowed to be open if they follow the guidelines the health department set.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Our initial "shelter in place" order by the governor of Virginia didn't come until this past Monday, March 30.  It's in effect through June 10!!!!!

The crazy thing Six...I’m at the point where I could see it beyond that day. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

19 minutes ago, bens197 said:

The crazy thing Six...I’m at the point where I could see it beyond that day. 

I have no doubt!  I think this will bleed over into the upcoming school year.  It may begin to relax toward the end of summer but it won't completely go away this calendar year in my opinion.

The question is, what does the world look like coming out the other side?  It has to look somewhat different, right?

Just now, sixcat said:

I have no doubt!  I think this will bleed over into the upcoming school year.  It may begin to relax toward the end of summer but it won't completely go away this calendar year in my opinion.

The question is, what does the world look like coming out the other side?  It has to look somewhat different, right?

It has to.  I hope we learn to appreciate what we have and truly live by that, not just say it. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

48 minutes ago, MattF said:

Our stay at home order by Gov. DeWine has been extended until May 1st. Courses are still allowed to be open if they follow the guidelines the health department set.

And to think that there are a few states that haven't invoked a 'stay at home' order. Crazy - what are those Governors thinking. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, revkev said:

So since this thread is here I will ask it:

Does anyone know some who has or has had it?

I have one FB friend who has. I have never met her face to face but her illness is well documented given that she writes for the Wall Street Journal. She is well on her way to recovery.

I have a Parishioner who was exposed by two guys who had it - both quickly recovered and we have played golf since he got off quarantine. He never developed symptoms.

I know two other people who knew people who had it. All were quarantined. Neither got it. But sadly one of the connected people, a 52 with co-morbidities, has died.

Spent a day in an ER with Penny last week. It was the scariest thing that I’ve ever done and I’ve done some stuff including CPR on people who were alive and died and cutting a guy who hung himself,down.

I've been near people who are confirmed due to work but everyone at work who has been exposed tested negative.

Most people who get it will not know they have it unless there are things that make them higher risk.

Rev how is penny doing BTW? And that last paragraph you wrote is a weekly thing in my city or dang near close to it.

As I understand, the date was picked because that is the duration of the declared state of emergency. Probably also based on the fact that Virginia peak is suppose ld to be mid to late May.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, dlow206 said:

Curious to know what specific precautions everyone is using besides the obvious of social distancing and staying at home. Here are mine:

• Significantly limited grocery store trips, mostly grocery delivery only. Not really any other trips outside of the house
  • Wear a mask if I have to go outside of the house
  • Don't bring any packages inside the house. I clean the outside of the box when possible and the contents as well
  • Wash hands frequently, especially after touching anything from the outside, and always before eating
  • Heat up in the microwave or the oven any food that was prepared outside of the house

My wife was a germaphobe to begin with, so our methods might be a bit extreme

We've stopped eating out and outside happy hours...and neighborhood happy hours...the last two items are killing my wife 😄😂🤣.  She has started zoom happy hours with her girlfriends..  I only wore a mask this last time out, but previous times I didn't.  I do keep a healthy distance from other people.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My wife and I were talking about this the other day.  We had vacation plans for July and we think those plans may be put on hold.  We are expecting our kids to finish out the school year e-learning from home (their school year ends in June).  Even vacation plans in August are on hold for us as we are uncertain as to when it will be safe to get out.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

29 minutes ago, cnosil said:

As I understand, the date was picked because that is the duration of the declared state of emergency. Probably also based on the fact that Virginia peak is suppose ld to be mid to late May.

That's what I understand as well.  Supposed to coincide with the declared State of Emergency.  

That's what I understand as well.  Supposed to coincide with the declared State of Emergency.  

I also like the conspiracy theorist explanation that it was picked because it was the day after the Virginia Republican primary.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wow, this is a headline no one could have ever guessed seeing.  High likelihood these guys aren't MGS members 😉.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/three-massachusetts-golfers-arrested-for-violating-rhode-island-quarantine-order/ar-BB127Eqk?ocid=spartandhp

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

And to think that there are a few states that haven't invoked a 'stay at home' order. Crazy - what are those Governors thinking. 

As someone who lives in one of them states, I can assure you it doesn’t make sense to me either. The nice part is in my little rural area, we haven’t been hit too bad yet. For the most part everybody is doing a decent job of not congregating in huge crowds and seem to be following the guidelines fairly well from what I have seen.

People buying up all the tp is a huge problem but extremely small on the grand scale of things.

I personally don’t think the government “should” have to issue SAH ordinances but apparently there are a lot of inconsiderate people that don’t like to follow the guidelines or seem to care about others.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

My snowbird neighbors returned home (Cincinnati) Wednesday, and sent my wife a text that they would be self quarantining for two weeks, coming from Florida and all. Then today they held a party for the extended family, about two dozen attending. Good grief!

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Starting to get bored, trying to keep busy with at home activities: working out in garage, yard work. 

On another note, my neighborhood started to have cases of packages getting stolen from front doors. Pretty bold knowing that everyone is at home right now.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I was going to post this in one of the "Is your course/track still open"  threads but opted to use this one in hopes of getting more coverage.  Our now very small group arrived at Mesa Del Sol at noon as we have all winter season.  They as well as the other courses in the area have stayed open but with all of the prevailing safety protocols in place.  The level of play has been dropping steadily week after week as many of the snowbirds, which includes a high percentage of Canadians, have headed home.  While paying, the cashier stated that the tee times are running late due to a large group of players who booked on-line for morning times... and drove in from CA.  For my own curiosity, I took a walk through the parking lot and was stunned at the number of CA license plates - to include a small RV with sets of clubs outside the door.  Easily 30 cars representing close to half of the total.

200.gif.5d078ff2a25e6daa0a22b90f25dcf383.gif

Someone mentioned earlier that what scared them the most about this issue is that their health (and not contracting the virus) is so dependent on people doing what their being asked to do.  I sure hope none of my fellow spies were part of this poor and inconsiderate decision.  🤨

My home course is just about impossible to get on unless you get there at opening time... 7:00 am. If you get there around 9:00 you can expect to be there for 6+ hours. There are no tee times being taken. Pay your money and wait your turn. It sucks! I have never seen soooo many people at the golf course at one time! It's because golf is the ONLY thing you are allowed to do.

Starting to get bored, trying to keep busy with at home activities: working out in garage, yard work. 
On another note, my neighborhood started to have cases of packages getting stolen from front doors. Pretty bold knowing that everyone is at home right now.

That’s pretty low.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

For those of you facing a TP crisis. Not sure if this should be here or the joke thread

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

For those of you facing a TP crisis. Not sure if this should be here or the joke thread

Invest... heavily... in companies that produce these. 🤣

See the source image

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Invest... heavily... in companies that produce these. 🤣

See the source image

I bought a japanese toilet a few years ago that has one of these integrated into it. Not going to say how much the toilet cost (more than my irons plus driver) but it was one of the best purchases i have ever made.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

EDIT; Not sure why this link didn't post from my ipad. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQM__8Jn978

Left Hand orientation