Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

COVID-19

bens197

Ok. I’m ready for this crap to be over now. Who’s with me?

I am definitely with you. Not so much for me, I have adapted to working at home and while I would prefer to be at the office I can deal with it, I still play golf, and I see my in-laws. I can’t visit with my mother due to restriction in place at the retirement community and I am the only local family. Only see her for a few minutes when I take groceries or food. I feel bad for my daughter who had her freshman year of college cut short and not be able to complete her sorority initiation or say goodby me to her friends. I feel bad for seniors who will miss graduation, prom, the last year of player for their school, etc.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am definitely with you. Not so much for me, I have adapted to working at home and while I would prefer to be at the office I can deal with it, I still play golf, and I see my in-laws. I can’t visit with my mother due to restriction in place at the retirement community and I am the only local family. Only see her for a few minutes when I take groceries or food. I feel bad for my daughter who had her freshman year of college cut short and not be able to complete her sorority initiation or say goodby me to her friends. I feel bad for seniors who will miss graduation, prom, the last year of player for their school, etc.

I hear you. It is only a matter of time before they shut school down for the year here. My kids are super bummed, and it’s hard for them to grasp what is going on. They think they are being punished or something. Not good.

Both of our parents had planned on visiting in May, but the likelihood of that is now zero.

Thoughts and prayers for the families directly affected by this junk. And a huge round of applause and my deepest respect for anyone in the health care/first responder fields.

my 13 y/o at dinner the other night said he's happy that he's going through this. He said that he feels like he's a part of history.

I was impressed!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

my 13 y/o at dinner the other night said he's happy that he's going through this. He said that he feels like he's a part of history.
I was impressed!

That’s a good way to look at it!

I had a similar thing happen to me the other day. It was on national news, I’m not going to say what it was, but it was a big deal. Not everyone can say they did what we are doing now.

Good for your Son to have that outlook. Going to impress that on my kids.

My kids mistook the time home as an extended vacation....boy were they in for a rude awakening today...first day of e-school....he he he....I haven't seen so much whining since I took my neighbors to the local winery for a day of drinking....:)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My almost 2.5 year old daughter has been crushing her potty training. We’re on week 3 and she’s graduated from toy potty to her own seat on the big girl potty. We can use that diaper money for a nice trip once we’re no longer sequestered.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I was impressed!

Wow what an adult comment. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife is at work today and has been briefed daily by local Doctors and Health Department officials. Their projection for Western, NY is that we will peak in 4-6 weeks.

This seems plausible.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

My wife is at work today and has been briefed daily by local Doctors and Health Department officials. Their projection for Western, NY is that we will peak in 4-6 weeks.

This seems plausible.

I'm guessing then that CNY is on a similar trend, maybe even later considering Monroe and Erie County are way ahead of our pace... 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'm guessing then that CNY is on a similar trend, maybe even later considering Monroe and Erie County are way ahead of our pace... 

Most likely. We were reading local stats and Monroe County compliance with stay-at-home has not been great.

A good friend who works the day before me is also an ICU Nurse. He thinks this is till August / September.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

2 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Most likely. We were reading local stats and Monroe County compliance with stay-at-home has not been great.

A good friend who works the day before me is also an ICU Nurse. He thinks this is till August / September.

Awesome... Stay safe out there my man! 😷

My girlfriend and I are going to be entirely different people when this is over 😭

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

First day of wearing a cloth mask at work. Some strange looks, but I don’t trust that anyone is staying away from crowed stores and whatnot.

Bought one on Etsy, and it’s way too tight. Thought my ears were getting ripped from my head. Needs some modifications.

I have a couple Survivor "buff's" from season 1. I wore one to Home Depot yesterday and it looked like I was there to rob the store! 

It was about 50/50 as to those covering their face and those that weren't. I'm not going to mess around. I even covered mine in the DD drive thru.  LOL

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I have a couple Survivor "buff's" from season 1. I wore one to Home Depot yesterday and it looked like I was there to rob the store! 
It was about 50/50 as to those covering their face and those that weren't. I'm not going to mess around. I even covered mine in the DD drive thru.  LOL

Safety first my friend. I don’t care how I look or what people think. If I did I wouldn’t be a golfer.

I’m going to bust out the sewing machine and make some out of some old uniforms I think. Maybe... but probably not.

Just now, Shankster said:

Safety first my friend. I don’t care how I look or what people think. If I did I wouldn’t be a golfer. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I’m going to bust out the sewing machine and make some out of some old uniforms I think. Maybe... but probably not.

A camo one would be awesome!

We have a family friend who does a lot of sewing and she made some for the local hospital so got really good at sizing.  She brought some "his" and "hers" versions by for the wife and I.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

We have a family friend who does a lot of sewing and she made some for the local hospital so got really good at sizing.  She brought some "his" and "hers" versions by for the wife and I.

Our dark blue Janitor uni’s aren’t that cool. Never understood why we wear Navy blue when we work on the water...🤷🏼‍♂️

Do you guys think more people are selling off their clubs these days due to the economic impacts of Covid? I feel like I am seeing a lot more high-end putters for sale on the GolfWRX BST than usual. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Folks are getting really creative during the rather whacky period. I love these trick shots and in particular the rube goldberg style sequence machines.  At first glance I thought this was Kirke and @GolfSpy MPR.  Notice where his hands are and that, near as I can tell, he never blinked 😱.

And this ball retriever... short game practice and getting the dog exercised... brilliant!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

How about this one?  "Most legendary" debateable, but still fun to watch.  I wonder how many takes it took to get it right?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I think my wife’s made somewhere around 50 or so since last week. I grabbed one for myself to wear to the grocery store, which is pretty much the only place I go. I’d have to say the majority of shoppers yesterday were wearing masks of some sort. It was great to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

One of the girls I work with has been making masks and I asked her to do 5 for my family (Chanin, Connor, in-laws and myself) She dropped them off yesterday, so I'm all set to battle the hoards when I have to go to the grocery store.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm currently on 2 weeks off of supposed holidays. Installed my new oven, cleaned up my shed, mulched a massive pile of prunings.A full load of junk in my box trailer. Only day 2, my place will be pristine after 12 more days. Unfortunately my Shiraz grapes aren't looking like ripening fully due to a bizarrely cool and wet last 3 months, making them into wine would have given me something to fill in my non golfing time.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'm continually amazed at the general lack of judgement some people have.  Management ordered our office doors to remain locked with a posted notice on the front door citing COVID-19 as the reason.  Anyone seeking to inquire within should call the office number posted on the notice.

Our secretary got tired of getting up once per day to unlock the door to collect the mail so she has been leaving the door unlocked.  We have had four unwelcomed guests in the office this morning as a result!  The elderly father of another employee, the "BFF" of the secretary, a local city official looking for someone to make copies for him, and some rando off the street looking for a handout.  I asked her why the door was unlocked while she was gabbing with her "BFF".  She became defensive suggesting it was a burden for her to get up and down all day to unlock the door for everyone coming to the office. Anyone needing access to this office already has a key to unlock the door themselves.  The only people coming on a regular basis without a key should be the postman and UPS. We have a mail slot outside and the front entrance to the office is glass.  The postman can drop the mail in the slot and the UPS guy can drop a package and knock on the glass.  I emailed management and she was reprimanded so now she's pissed at me.  I've already gotten the other lady in the office sent home until this is all over.  Maybe the secretary should be next!

Stupid is as stupid does I guess!  I'm seriously hounding my boss to let me work from Pinehurst from now on.  I don't need to be here.  I can do my job just from anywhere in the world with sufficient internet access!

SWMBO cleaning her stuff in garage came across 2 of these masks left over from a a problem w insulation back in CT years ago.IMG_0827.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thank goodness my regular course re-opened and I got to play yesterday. It's walking only, so we could only manage 9 (18 would be a hilly 7+ mile walk), but it was wonderful to play again after 27 days denied!!! Greens fees are $20 no matter how many holes you play. The pro shop will be closed to the public but staff will begin accepting tee times for golfers by telephone ONLY. Golfers will check-in on the back patio, will need to walk the course as carts will not be available, and should observe social distancing guidelines, maintaining six feet of separation from others, and not congregating in groups. Golf course fees must be paid with a debit or credit card. It will be mandatory to leave the flagstick in during play and cups have been altered to ensure safe-handling of ball retrieval. The driving range will also be available for use, but no more than 10 people will be allowed at a time. [The Grille] will offer a limited menu for call ahead orders/pick-up food with payments by credit card only.

My favorite...the cups are only about 1" deep. As far as I'm concerned they can keep them like that year round - I liked it! MUCH easier to fish the ball out now that we're mostly leaving pins in. And I may be wrong, but I don't think the shallow hole would alter putts falling in any way. 🙂

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

corona.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel