Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

COVID-19

bens197

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just had a team wide Zoom meeting with the CEO of the company and he announced a furlough for us. Now the fun part begins, getting signed up for unemployment on Monday.

I can't complain about it though, the company has fully paid us the last three weeks and are still giving us our quarterly bonus. I'm also glad the company is also taking care of our insurance for the duration.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry to hear about the furlough, but the bonus and medical says a lot about the company. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just had a team wide Zoom meeting with the CEO of the company and he announced a furlough for us. Now the fun part begins, getting signed up for unemployment on Monday.

I can't complain about it though, the company has fully paid us the last three weeks and are still giving us our quarterly bonus. I'm also glad the company is also taking care of our insurance for the duration.

We were told last week that there will be a furlough. Mine will be three week and I got to pick the weeks, so I'll be off starting April 20 hoping things will be ready to slowly start ramping back up by the time May 11 hits. 

Good luck!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

We were told last week that there will be a furlough. Mine will be three week and I got to pick the weeks, so I'll be off starting April 20 hoping things will be ready to slowly start ramping back up by the time May 11 hits. 

Good luck!

Thank you and I hope everything works out for you, too. Your furlough period is about similar to mine, we'll be off next week until May 10. I'll be going stir crazy until them, but safety comes first. 

My daughters work at the same nursing home. My oldest just informed me that three residents have tested positive for COVID 19. Two nurses are being tested and my daughters have been told sanitize their vehicles and undress before going in the house, and then shower immediately. Both have very young kids and spouses at home.  Needless to say, I'm not real happy right now.

I don't know how you cold-weather folks deal with this. It has only been like 3 weeks and I'm already about to just jump off of a bridge. How do you make it through an entire winter?

🥃🥂🧉

For the ones that enjoy those beverages.

Non Beverage people like myself... lots of Netflix, and “working on the golf swing”.

If I have to move back to the Yoop I will be getting into wood working, and a pole barn with a simulator.

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

My daughters work at the same nursing home. My oldest just informed me that three residents have tested positive for COVID 19. Two nurses are being tested and my daughters have been told sanitize their vehicles and undress before going in the house, and then shower immediately. Both have very young kids and spouses at home.  Needless to say, I'm not real happy right now.

Sorry to hear that S&B. I have heard that nursing/care homes are being hit very hard by this. We had a local care group here whose PPE was stolen. About $300k worth of masks, gloves, etc. People suck.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Sorry to hear Sir. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

I don't know how you cold-weather folks deal with this. It has only been like 3 weeks and I'm already about to just jump off of a bridge. How do you make it through an entire winter?

Sports and alcohol. Especially sucks right now with no sports and it snowing earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I guess it depends on cold and where. In Ohio we played the day after Christmas and then were shut down til the end of March. There is one course locally that's open year round as long as there's no snow. But golfing in cloudy, windy 30* weather is not my idea of fun. Our Club opened up April 1st so it was a pretty short winter for us. Many of our driving ranges have heaters so as long as the wind isn't blowing in your face, it's not bad even in January or February. Regardless, the 2-3 month break gets a lot of home projects done so they don't interfere with golf season.

I know guys further north still have snow and that would be a bummer even if I didn't golf.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

First off my kudos to them for working in that environment, I understand even without the covid 19 issues, it's very challenging.
I hope they're ok and are able to work through this without any issues.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Oh boy, sorry to hear it. Hope you’re daughters, spouses and your Gkids stay out of harms way.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

We're about to have a curfew on Oahu. No cars permitted after 11pm to 5am on the weekends. Guess people still won't obey the shelter in place orders

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 4/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, Shankster said:

That’s nuts.

I find it hard to believe that the vaccine for polio was done in a year, and we have 100x the technology now an its still going to take a year or more... emoji848.png

But 1000 times more of the politics involved....gets in the way🤦‍♂️

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

sirchunksalot - sorry to hear this man 😞

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

Hopefully she tests negative for COVID-19.

Thoughts and Prayers for both of you guys!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

@Peaksy68 - great minds think alike...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200404190743636_COVER.thumb.jpg.972fc32c6b73916d1563660d66d4940c.jpg

Yeah that's right...that IS a Corona...I love to live on the edge!  

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

Heck this winter didn't even get that cold for long. Only had maybe a month where temps were consistently under 30.

5 hours ago, silver & black said:

$hit I wish I was only around 3. I was around more than that in the past two days. As long as she washes her hands, wears gloves, doesn't get coughed on, and wears PPE the likely hood she gets it is very low. It is not airborne at all it is spread by droplets they just happen to stay viable on hard surfaces hence the need to wash your hands. Deep breath the kids aren't affected much by this as long as they don't have immune issues and it effects the elderly or those with severe health issues.

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

I think I'd rather take my chances with Covid-19 than a Corona Light, shuddering at the thought😉

It was my last Corona in tribute to the plant shutting...I usually drink Guinness 😁.  If my wife is around...then it's wine...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

All the uncertainty is starting to get kinda frustrating. I would have thought going into this that my wife (a floor nurse) would be absolutely slammed for the foreseeable future. I'm an engineer, so I was definitely more worried about my income being steady. So far, our company has rolled out some cost saving measures, but nothing too drastic yet.

My wife, however, is getting called off almost 2 of her 3 shifts per week. And they either need to eat that loss in hours, or completely replete their vacation hours. I'm DEFINITELY glad this is a side affect of the virus staying relatively contained in our area, but it's frustrating trying to plan for our personal finances.

Alright, done complaining. I know we have it way better than a ton of people, and there's already plenty of negativity going around.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

All the uncertainty is starting to get kinda frustrating. I would have thought going into this that my wife (a floor nurse) would be absolutely slammed for the foreseeable future. I'm an engineer, so I was definitely more worried about my income being steady. So far, our company has rolled out some cost saving measures, but nothing too drastic yet.

My wife, however, is getting called off almost 2 of her 3 shifts per week. And they either need to eat that loss in hours, or completely replete their vacation hours. I'm DEFINITELY glad this is a side affect of the virus staying relatively contained in our area, but it's frustrating trying to plan for our personal finances.

Alright, done complaining. I know we have it way better than a ton of people, and there's already plenty of negativity going around.

The models have been constantly changing and predictions are dropping by double digit percentages almost daily. NYC went from projecting 100k+ beds at the beginning of the week to 20-30k just 2 days later and after asking to have they Comfort switch from being an auxiliary type hospital to being used for civil treatment.  NYS is also a confusing situation. They have had the quarantine and stay at home policy for several weeks now and golf courses open the whole time to now shutting down the golf courses as their curve is flattening. 

There was lots of panic and hysteria caused by the media and govt officials about hospital overruns and such but even in many of the hater hit areas that never happened. Glad to hear your wife isn’t having to work crazy hours and the exposure to the virus isn’t as high but having family and friends who work various jobs medical the medical field that being sent home from shift does suck. Hopefully we all can get back to normal sooner rather than later

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Learned this morning that a friend lost her grandmother to COVID last night. I'm heartbroken for her. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 hours ago, ncwoz said:

It is a tough situation for everyone.  My neighbor, just got called off her rotation schedule and is now being pulled into the front lines to deal with COVID.  Of course, MD/VA/DC has become the new hotspot.  Not sure why, since golf courses have been closed for almost two weeks now..ha ha ha...people are still not taking this seriously...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

It is a tough situation for everyone.  My neighbor, just got called off her rotation schedule and is now being pulled into the front lines to deal with COVID.  Of course, MD/VA/DC has become the new hotspot.  Not sure why, since golf courses have been closed for almost two weeks now..ha ha ha...people are still not taking this seriously...

MDGolfHacker

Unfortunately, we live in a world where ideology is more important than facts.

I hope all of you are well, making due and adjusting as best you can.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

It’s because we are testing more now. It’s no different than where NY was two weeks ago and they are now flattening their curve and their predictions for icu beds has dramatically dropped from sun to tue and they were people there were far less serious than some places. A park in Brooklyn over the weekend was packed with people enjoying the nice day and they just shut down their golf courses yesterday 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

21 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Sports and alcohol. Especially sucks right now with no sports and it snowing earlier today.

More alcohol than anything right now...lol. I can only surf the net for so long... and watch only so many cooking shows and COVID programming. Thank God the liquor stores are still open!