• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Fred Couples approves!

So does Pee Wee and The Rock

See the source image

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

You know, about 10, maybe 15 years ago I told my friends I wanted to bring back "Solid" with the soul fist. Now could be that time!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's going to be interesting to see if which and when the various sports attempt to return - and just as interesting how the public reacts.

... Other than my sons college football games I rarely go to sports events live, so no big los for me but I certainly understand it can be life changing for others. That said, we go to 3 - 5 live concerts every year and THAT is gone be a big loss for us. Last year we saw TOOL, ZZ Top, Sheryl Crow, Radiohead and The Eagles. 

... I have not been out of the house in probably 2 weeks other than a few trips to the park to hit balls, but no stores. 2 weeks ago the roads were almost abandoned, few people in Whole Foods and empty parking lots along the way. Folks in Illinois must be getting stir crazy because today was MUCH busier on the road and in the stores. Banks are drive thru only an it was 4 lanes and 3-4 cars deep. Maybe 90% of the folks in WF were wearing a mask and the other 10% not only didn't wear masks but didn't pay much attention to social distancing either. The other 90% were respectful and went about their business. Strange times. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

A well known small business owner in my hometown who happened to be my dads buddy passed away from this crap yesterday... emoji40.png

Sorry for your loss Shankster.  My mom works in the ICU at a Hospital and she said its pretty scary in there right now.  Young people on ventilators and they haven't gotten better for weeks.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

31 minutes ago, chisag said:

and The Eagles

My all time favorite band. Their music resonates with me and I've been a fan since their start. We saw them in May 2015 at Taco Bell Arena (Boise); not many performances before Glenn took ill that fall.  It was our 30th wedding anniversary gift/trip. I saw them twice before that at the Oakland Coliseum "Day on the Green" venues (70's). I see they added Vince Gill and Glens son Deacon.  No way to replace Glen and his unique sound, but I bet they still sound fantastic and I would risk Covid-19 to see them again 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

My wife and I were talking about that the other day. In addition to avoiding large groups - don't think I'll ever shake hands with anyone again or give my lady friends a hug.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Heck I hug the guys I work with as a joke and we are all exposed to positive people pretty much daily. Yes I'm a goof ball like that and yes I'm not that afraid of this I've been bloody in mosh pits surrounded by other sweaty guys and gals so I have been at risk of different kinds of diseases just going to concerts.

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

With the flu vaccine, I believe the effectiveness is measured on whether or not someone gets the flu after being vaccinated (a simple yes/no). However, from studies I have read, it sounds like there is evidence that even if someone gets the flu after being vaccinated, the severity tends to be less than if he/she did not receive the flu shot. So this may be the case with a Covid-19 vaccine. It may not be 100 percent effective, but if it is not, hopefully it helps reduce the severity of symptoms.

Yes the flu vaccine doesn't mean you won't get the flu it just means if you get it you'll only get it in a slight way. And by slight I mean a heck of a lot less severe than without getting it.

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

My all time favorite band. Their music resonates with me and I've been a fan since their start. We saw them in May 2015 at Taco Bell Arena (Boise); not many performances before Glenn took ill that fall.  It was our 30th wedding anniversary gift/trip. I saw them twice before that at the Oakland Coliseum "Day on the Green" venues (70's). I see they added Vince Gill and Glens son Deacon.  No way to replace Glen and his unique sound, but I bet they still sound fantastic and I would risk Covid-19 to see them again 👍.

... I was not a big fan of some of their popular hits which is how most people think of them, but absolutely love their LP's and Hotel California is in my opinion, the greatest rock song of all time considering lyrics, music and vocals. I got to interview Joe Walsh when Hotel California was released. A huge treat for me as at that time 2 of my favorite LP's were James Gang Rides Again and Desperado and felt like Hotel California was a combo of the two. The irony is I never saw them in concert as everytime they came to town I had these amazing seats but had other obligations and kept thinking I will see them next time and then they broke up. So finally getting to see them this year was just amazing. Vince Gill an under appreciated guitaist fit right in, as does Deacon. String sections for some songs and a full brass section for others. Not to rub it in but ithe concert exceeded my expectations, which rarely happens. 

On 4/15/2020 at 12:41 PM, sirchunksalot said:

With the talk about food, I thought I'd post tonight's dinner. I smoked a pork loin and my wife made mashed potatoes and corn. I'm stuffed now....20200415_180937-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The smoke ring!! Looks good -- sorry I was late to the party

On 4/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, dlow206 said:

Let's say after all is said and done, social distancing remains a best practice, but maybe not an enforced rule. Will it be weird if I wear a mask when i go to the course? Looking for opinions.

With Hawaii's close proximity to Asia, and the majority of our population being Asian-American, I think wearing masks in public will become socially accepted over here. I want to say that as a society, we're going to do better about keeping our germs to ourselves and stuff, but then I get brought back to earth when I read the news or see people when I'm at the grocery store.

On 4/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, alfriday101 said:

I see a marketing opportunity.  A Scotty Cameron mask anyone?  A Nike swoosh across the mouth?  A tiger mask?

I'm all in on a Tiger mask!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I want a mask that makes me look like Leonardo DiCaprio 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I think I'm starting to see some mental health related issues going on with some neighbors.  A young family down the street are in full blown panick-mode.  Terrified to even collect their mail.  He is convinced that he is going to contract COVID and it is going to be fatal.  His reasoning, he took an Aleve before all of this started, his BMI is over 20 and he doesn't drink alcohol to protect him from the virus. 
I am trying to talk him off the ledge (via text message of course) but this young man is scaring the hell out of me.  That level of prolonged fear and stress is likely more devastating on his body than if he were to contract the virus.  I'm doing what I can but he needs to turn off the news, stop looking at social media and just binge watch "How I Met Your Mother" or "The Office" and laugh a little!
What a crazy world we live in right now!

Good on you for looking out. Social media is absolutely toxic without a pandemic. Add the daily influx of unchecked “news” from “sources” and it’s a recipe for self-doubt and anguish.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

15 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Good on you for looking out. Social media is absolutely toxic without a pandemic. Add the daily influx of unchecked “news” from “sources” and it’s a recipe for self-doubt and anguish.

Couldn't agree more. The last month I've realized the stark difference in my mental fortitude on days I've spent a lot of time on my phone vs reading, taking walks, etc. I think a positive we could take out of this whole thing as a human race is to really take a step back on the social media stuff and remember real life may actually be pretty darn good too.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

agreed re social media and the news- I had it on in our house all day, so I wouldnt miss any govt updates, but I found we were also talking about it constantly and our anxiety was rising.

Decided to watch the govt briefing at 5pm ONLY and the rest of the day is watching netflix or recorded shows, swing and chipping in the garden, housework and garden chores.

I def feel better for doing this.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just as there were some permanent changes after 9/11, there will be some other permanent changes after coronavirus (maybe masks, temp checks, frequent cleaning/disinfecting, more online vs person to person, less travel, etc.). And some uninformed people will ignore them, nothing new. Some restrictions will be lifted for low risk people in lower risk areas in May-June. Some restrictions won’t be lifted until there’s a proven vaccine, reportedly 12-18 months. And other steps in between. Some people will rush back in without fear, some will be way more cautious even when they’re told it’s safe to re-enter. We need far better testing and contact tracing to really get reopening off the ground without a devastating second wave, I hope there’s a lot more going on there than I’ve seen in the news. And hopefully effective therapies will become available in the months ahead.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

The news and social media is terrible. I really don’t understand how they can sit and talk about how many people die every day with a straight face. I get it is there job, but find some happiness to report on. There has to be a new bug or something that was recently found.

I check the stats for Maryland daily just to keep my shop informed.

I’m half tempted to sell the house and buy a big boat to live on, and just travel the earth after this whole thing is over. That way when it happens again I’ll just head out to sea.

@Shankster you would be able to find some pretty cool and remote courses that way. I'm guessing a GCquad would be on deck? Even have some out at sea targets?

You may be on to something

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

The last month I've realized the stark difference in my mental fortitude on days I've spent a lot of time on my phone vs reading, taking walks, etc. I think a positive we could take out of this whole thing as a human race is to really take a step back on the social media stuff and remember real life may actually be pretty darn good too.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7VtH/toyota-venza-facebook-friends

55 minutes ago, Shankster said:

The news and social media is terrible. I really don’t understand how they can sit and talk about how many people die every day with a straight face. I get it is there job, but find some happiness to report on. There has to be a new bug or something that was recently found.

I check the stats for Maryland daily just to keep my shop informed.

I’m half tempted to sell the house and buy a big boat to live on, and just travel the earth after this whole thing is over. That way when it happens again I’ll just head out to sea.

That sounds like what my friend in the coast guard who lives in Alaska did he has a float plane and lives on a boat.

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] you would be able to find some pretty cool and remote courses that way. I'm guessing a GCquad would be on deck? Even have some out at sea targets?
You may be on to something

Yeah, of course. The unit of measurement for nautical distance is yards, so it converts very easily.

I could have my own “course.” A floating green I could set at different distances...

See! It could happen.... if I win the lottery.

... I was trying to decide last nite before going to bed if I should take my P790 9 iron or my P760 9 iron down to the park and hit balls. Hmmmmm. Woke up this morning to the picture below. So which 9 iron would you guys suggest I use? 

Winter.thumb.JPG.720cca01f0c10a6b5782d874243a08ee.JPG

... I was trying to decide last nite before going to bed if I should take my P790 9 iron or my P760 9 iron down to the park and hit balls. Hmmmmm. Woke up this morning to the picture below. So which 9 iron would you guys suggest I use? 

Hmmm.....both

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hmmm.....both

Rick

Left Hand, 

This 9 iron...

IMG_7528.JPG.9d95cb2bf8f2b9135c5a2b58d91551fd.JPG

I think that’s 9hp

Rick

Left Hand, 

And here we go: https://www.pxg.com/en-us/accessories/gear/essential-face-mask

Which OEM is next? When I saw PXG making masks, I was expecting it to be $100. Was pleasantly surprised at the price.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, chisag said:

I don't think the clubs are the question;  do you have any orange golf balls?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, chisag said:

The warm one.

Do you guys think we will see any OEMs/component manufacturers going out of business due to the economic impacts caused by Covid? I am sure that the major OEMs will find a way to survive, but I am worried for some of the smaller companies, especially the ones that focus on niche, high end products that even during good times, we question the price on (ex. high-end putter shafts).

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

..., I think the bottom line is consumerism has created waaaaaaaay too much junk and waste. Products that are designed to be replaced rather than repaired is normal. My 5 year old dryer went out and when the repair guys looked at it, he said it would be around $500 to repair and even then some other parts will fail sooner than later. It was better to buy a new dryer than repair the one I had. That is just ridiculous and clearly done on purpose to sell more junk. Landfills are over flowing, garbage and plastic is everywhere and the planet is being taxed beyond it's capabilities. While I would not go so far as to call it a good thing, the silver lining is that marginal business will not survive. More than a few restaurants will not return so perhaps people will eat at home more which is more nutritious as well as helping to reduce waste. We have to get back to what do we need, not what do we want. Just my opinion of course ...