Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

COVID-19

bens197

There are numerous reports floating around that this, like the flu dissipates with warm weather. Hopefully that's the case and you don't see the explosion we did here as it gets cooler. 

Stay Safe. 

It’s not true, I wish what you were saying was.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/04/covid-19-may-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Foreign. Mexico extended their stay at home order. 

A lot of my clients who work in the construction industry are having the same issues. They are thankfully not out of jobs, but they can't get the raw materials to complete them. Especially hard here, since we're floating in the middle of the ocean.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

19 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

There are numerous reports floating around that this, like the flu dissipates with warm weather. Hopefully that's the case and you don't see the explosion we did here as it gets cooler. 

Stay Safe. 

Hopefully it will drop off as it gets warmer, but the data from warm places like Singapore doesn't seem to follow that pattern. Unfortunately the testing levels from a lot of the equatorial region are so low that we have no real data.

I'd love to see less speculation from authorities, and more confirmed facts. 

Unfortunately it's human nature for us to give more credence to information that aligns with our own beliefs (me too) Empirical data from multiple sources is so important. Picking isolated studies or data based on their conclusions is dangerous and from any in leadership, disingenuous. 

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Foreign. Mexico extended their stay at home order. 

Yup, I can see that. I ran a small mfg company that did automotive, Tier 2.
Hope pipeline opens back up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

34 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yup, I can see that. I ran a small mfg company that did automotive, Tier 2.
Hope pipeline opens back up quickly.

That's pretty cool, what did you manufacture? I build cars, but I can honestly say I don't know much about the different tiers of manufacturers. 

I'm hoping it'll get going soon, but the top priority is that it can be done safely for everyone involved. 

23 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm hoping it'll get going soon, but the top priority is that it can be done safely for everyone involved. 

Companies are putting procedures in place.   My company will be doing temperature scans for every employee entering the gates (there are 21000 hourly and salaried employees working multiple shifts).  If your temp is measured over 100* you go to a secondary screening.  If  fever is confirmed your badge will be deactivated and you cannot return until you have been fever free for 3 days without medication.  To get your badge activated you have to go through the onsite clinic. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

Companies are putting procedures in place.   My company will be doing temperature scans for every employee entering the gates (there are 21000 hourly and salaried employees working multiple shifts).  If your temp is measured over 100* you go to a secondary screening.  If  fever is confirmed your badge will be deactivated and you cannot return until you have been fever free for 3 days without medication.  To get your badge activated you have to go through the onsite clinic. 

We just got a list of procedures that VW will be doing to safely resume production. We are also doing temperature checks, along with staggered start times, barriers up on the break tables, and a set time for extra cleaning. I'm glad to see steps companies are taking to keep the work environment safe.

My jaw dropped at the mention of 21,000 employees. We employ somewhere around 4,000 So I can't imagine the logistical nightmare of just doing the temperature check. 

I think the cold and flu season has been a factor in decision making. Flu shots have been made available earlier, and to a wider spectrum for free than usual. 
My states population is about 6.5M, about the same as Indiana. We've had 1354 confirmed cases with 18 deaths, currently 18 patients in ICU. Indiana has over 17,000 with over 1000 deaths. The comparison is staggering. 
Our public health system has been carrying the load, with the vast majority of hospitalised patients and testing being done in our public system. 
For information only, our states run public hospitals, federal government run our Medicare system, which provides fee for service to the provider for most medical services. Virtually all emergency services and surgery occur in the public system. If you have a heart attack and require immediate bypass grafts, it is done with no cost to the patient. 
Stay safe, the stats from the USA are truly frightening compared to here.

Sounds like you guys did a nice job in containing the virus.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

47 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We just got a list of procedures that VW will be doing to safely resume production. We are also doing temperature checks, along with staggered start times, barriers up on the break tables, and a set time for extra cleaning. I'm glad to see steps companies are taking to keep the work environment safe.

My jaw dropped at the mention of 21,000 employees. We employ somewhere around 4,000 So I can't imagine the logistical nightmare of just doing the temperature check. 

For those that have to go to work,  they switched from 3 shifts to 2 (6Am - 2:30pm, 6pm-2:30am)  with the hours between being used for cleaning.    There are multiple entry points into the company (we occupy 550 acres along 2 miles of waterfront) and based on the slide deck there will be multiple people scanning and people working to maintain social distancing.    I am sure it will be a challenge.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

For those that have to go to work,  they switched from 3 shifts to 2 (6Am - 2:30pm, 6pm-2:30am)  with the hours between being used for cleaning.    There are multiple entry points into the company (we occupy 550 acres along 2 miles of waterfront) and based on the slide deck there will be multiple people scanning and people working to maintain social distancing.    I am sure it will be a challenge.  

It’s funny you mention scanning (I am assuming temperature?) we have been doing that at our facility for about 4 weeks now....has not done anything. We have had 6 positive tests so far all of them came to work totally fine passed temperature scanning and had to leave middle of the work day. The temp scanning is a disaster from what I have read it is the last symptom to show up

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It’s funny you mention scanning (I am assuming temperature?) we have been doing that at our facility for about 4 weeks now....has not done anything. We have had 6 positive tests so far all of them came to work totally fine passed temperature scanning and had to leave middle of the work day. The temp scanning is a disaster from what I have read it is the last symptom to show up

Yes, temperature.    We get a daily email and  there have been about 35 cases and 13 have returned to work.   All  I know is they say the contractor is working all over the local area and has been successful.   

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Yeah, that's one of the tough things with Covid -- asymptomatic folks spreading it around unknowingly. This was my biggest fear due to some family members being immune-compromised. Thankfully, it looks like staying home is working for us in Hawaii, thought I wouldn't at all be surprised if we just don't have the capacity to test. Even if we did though, what are you gonna do if you test positive? Stay home!

It has been a rough 40 days but I'm very excited to report that golf reopens tomorrow at 430pm. I'm taking the first tee time I can get on Friday! I'm going to continue to do what I was doing prior to the shutdown before golf was effectively "cancelled" here. I'm not going to touch flags, I've got Clorox wipes in my bag to wipe the cart down if we're riding, maintaining 6 feet from the buddy I plan on playing with, and washing hands/not touching my eyes/mouth/face! Any other golf-related suggestions that you guys have seen implemented? Preferably ones that I can control, not "hey they got these new flag sticks that you can slide a lever up and it ejects your ball out of the cup."

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Unfortunately it's human nature for us to give more credence to information that aligns with our own beliefs (me too)

I wish I could like this multiple times. We all suffer from a bit of confirmation bias, but it's particularly troubling to me when people don't recognize the possibility or even know that such a thing exists.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Sounds like you guys did a nice job in containing the virus.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We're getting there. Hopefully we can push through the next phase.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

The best part of the whole lock down has been the huge reduction of accidents due to bad drivers along with a drop in gas prices. The pollution reduction world wide is nice too. I've also found some more stuff made in America because of this and I've been trying to spread the word on buying American made for years. 

Saw a ticker on the news this morning that hospitals in Wuhan have reported there is now airborne Covid-19 over there.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

31 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Say what...?

This isn't completely new there have been some sources saying it can be transmitted this way. From what I saw it is only airborne for a short period of time unless things have drastically changed. I don't trust everything coming from China at this point they are obviously not being up front with everything and haven't been.

We've been back on for golf since the end of last week, walking only. Clarification came Monday that there will be no driving ranges, etc., until at least May 15. We had fantastic weather last weekend and early this week (I took a half day off on Tuesday to play in the afternoon), and this weekend is looking good, too. But we are still supposed to be really cold for this time of year at least through that mid-May date.

My home course has elected not to open for a while yet. They have been taking this time as an opportunity to improve drainage and to trim back some of the trees to let more light reach the grass. So there are some positives to take away from all of this, I suppose. 

Our county is finally starting to see exponential growth in cases, basically quadrupling from low hundreds to nearly 1,500 presumptive cases in the past two weeks. I do fear that because the western side of Michigan was not initially hit hard like Detroit and surrounding areas, that we are going to be in a bad situation over the coming weeks. A lot of the opposition to the shelter-in-place order around here was based on the fact that we had few cases. Now, the order is being relaxed/lifted and people are going to be out and about like crazy just as the numbers are rising.

Still using Instacart for delivery where possible, and I'm thankful I stocked up on meat last month. I have to call around to a few local shops next week to see if I can secure some more for the next month or so as I'm expecting grocery stores will be low/out of stock on several meat products.

I had to visit one of our data centers yesterday to replace some failed hardware and had to go through the whole regimen of self reporting temperature and checking the box on no symptoms. N95 respirator (I have one from working with lead paint in the house), gloves and Lysol wipes. Worst part about it was that the elevators were not working in our building so I had to hoof five floors of stairs to get where I needed to be.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Saw a ticker on the news this morning that hospitals in Wuhan have reported there is now airborne Covid-19 over there.

There reporting is AWFUL on actual cases and deaths as well. If you have some time to do some research look up cell phone usage in China. Down significantly, coincidence?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

I understand not all reporting is reputable but I am also partial tin hat and I find this type of stuff FASCINATING 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Our county is finally starting to see exponential growth in cases, basically quadrupling from low hundreds to nearly 1,500 presumptive cases in the past two weeks. I do fear that because the western side of Michigan was not initially hit hard like Detroit and surrounding areas, that we are going to be in a bad situation over the coming weeks. A lot of the opposition to the shelter-in-place order around here was based on the fact that we had few cases. Now, the order is being relaxed/lifted and people are going to be out and about like crazy just as the numbers are rising.

This is the part that I fight with every day, to open everything up or not. We are approaching the tipping point in my mind, economically we can't continue this way. But on the other hand if we lose millions of people the economy shrinks as well. It's frustrating. I am still amazed that the world as a whole still doesn't have a complete understanding of the virus. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

20 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

This is the part that I fight with every day, to open everything up or not. We are approaching the tipping point in my mind, economically we can't continue this way. But on the other hand if we lose millions of people the economy shrinks as well. It's frustrating. I am still amazed that the world as a whole still doesn't have a complete understanding of the virus. 

... I am amazed at how politically divisive this country has become. Add the Russian/Chinese cyber attacks and it is a complete mess. There is zero direction from the federal government concerning Covid 19. You cannot have a nationwide pandemic and leave to up to individual states to make their own rules when we have interstate travel. We are fractured as a country and no longer the UNITED States of America, just 50 random states. No longer do JFK's inspirational words "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" apply to many that live in what are called blue states or red states. WTF? We used to just have states that were united in times of crises.  

... You would think in the face of a worldwide pandemic, common sense would prevail. Obviously we can't have everyone stay in their homes forever. Equally as obvious,  we can't just say "Coast is clear, everyone back to life as normal". States like Georgia make themselves as well as the rest of the country unsafe. Common sense says begin slowly and see how things work out. We already have grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations open and providing services and jobs. And we already have people ignoring the rules when 80,000 flock to the beach in Orange County Ca forcing the Governor to close all beaches again because people are selfish and have little community integrity. You drive to the beach and it is crowded with no social distancing? Turn the car around and go home, don't think OK everyone else is ignoring the rules so I'm going to ignore them too. 

... I guess my point is I would like to think those that follow the rules to combat Covid 19 for the good of their fellow man are the majority. If everyone followed simple safety rules it would be difficult in the short run, and for some that literally live paycheck to paycheck it might even border on catastrophic. But it would be over much sooner and we could start slowly adding business and jobs back into our lives. Maybe restaurants with tables spaced 8 feet apart. If we go I month with little increase in Covid cases, add tables and make it 4 feet apart. The same common sense would apply to other business, slowly getting back to what will be the new normal. But sadly it only takes a small minority that think the rules don't apply to them to keep spreading Covid and the cycle will continue, perhaps coming back even worse for everyone. 

... I certainly don't have all the answers and those smarter than I could probably add something or find a few holes in what I have written but I feel strongly that we are all in this together or we are all on our own. And as long as we have those at the top sowing division and not unity, along with most media outlets feeding that division and foreign interference doing everything they can to widen that division, we have little hope of becoming the UNITED States Of America again and will remain the DIVIDED Staes Of America. . 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

My wife was notified by her employer today, effective July 1st, her out of pocket health insurance premiums would more than triple.  Which is noteworthy in-and-of itself.  Factor in, her employer is a government entity, it gets much more noteworthy.  At least in my eyes.

Are dominoes beginning to fall in terms of economic impact of this situation?  Difficult not to think one has something to do with the other! 

54 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am amazed at how politically divisive this country has become. Add the Russian/Chinese cyber attacks and it is a complete mess. There is zero direction from the federal government concerning Covid 19. You cannot have a nationwide pandemic and leave to up to individual states to make their own rules when we have interstate travel. We are fractured as a country and no longer the UNITED States of America, just 50 random states. No longer do JFK's inspirational words "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" apply to many that live in what are called blue states or red states. WTF? We used to just have states that were united in times of crises.  

... You would think in the face of a worldwide pandemic, common sense would prevail. Obviously we can't have everyone stay in their homes forever. Equally as obvious,  we can't just say "Coast is clear, everyone back to life as normal". States like Georgia make themselves as well as the rest of the country unsafe. Common sense says begin slowly and see how things work out. We already have grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations open and providing services and jobs. And we already have people ignoring the rules when 80,000 flock to the beach in Orange County Ca forcing the Governor to close all beaches again because people are selfish and have little community integrity. You drive to the beach and it is crowded with no social distancing? Turn the car around and go home, don't think OK everyone else is ignoring the rules so I'm going to ignore them too. 

... I guess my point is I would like to think those that follow the rules to combat Covid 19 for the good of their fellow man are the majority. If everyone followed simple safety rules it would be difficult in the short run, and for some that literally live paycheck to paycheck it might even border on catastrophic. But it would be over much sooner and we could start slowly adding business and jobs back into our lives. Maybe restaurants with tables spaced 8 feet apart. If we go I month with little increase in Covid cases, add tables and make it 4 feet apart. The same common sense would apply to other business, slowly getting back to what will be the new normal. But sadly it only takes a small minority that think the rules don't apply to them to keep spreading Covid and the cycle will continue, perhaps coming back even worse for everyone. 

... I certainly don't have all the answers and those smarter than I could probably add something or find a few holes in what I have written but I feel strongly that we are all in this together or we are all on our own. And as long as we have those at the top sowing division and not unity, along with most media outlets feeding that division and foreign interference doing everything they can to widen that division, we have little hope of becoming the UNITED States Of America again and will remain the DIVIDED Staes Of America. . 

Everyone misinterprets the two-party system of government in the United States.  It's not left or right, red or blue or even Republican or Democrat........it's divide and conquer!!!!!

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I understand that a lot of the increase in numbers is due to increased testing, and that's a positive for a couple reasons, namely that we are finally testing more and that more cases means the actual death rate is a lot less than the nine percent that Michigan is dealing with right now. (I know we know enough to know that the death rate isn''t THAT high.)

I've been keeping a close eye on hospital bed and ventilator numbers and it's scary to think that our region, which includes Grand Rapids, a metro area of almost one million people, has a whopping 127 ICU beds available at the moment.

Frustrating is the right word for it. It's just not a good situation no matter how you look at it.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

9 minutes ago, edingc said:

I've been keeping a close eye on hospital bed and ventilator numbers and it's scary to think that our region, which includes Grand Rapids, a metro area of almost one million people, has a whopping 127 ICU beds available at the moment.

It's the same way here, some frontline workers have even been furloughed. And unfortunately we will never know the true answer to the question of, Did we over react by closing everything down to ensure hospital beds or because we locked everything down the hospitals haven't been overloaded. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

That's pretty cool, what did you manufacture? I build cars, but I can honestly say I don't know much about the different tiers of manufacturers. 

We’re the company nobody sees. We are metal mfg company that is a “job shop”, we don’t have our own product line we make custom from 2 Prototypes to 25 million plus parts. Everything we make/made is relatively small. We even do part design when companies are in trouble with a non-working product. Automotive was about 25% of our business until NAFTA and we lost 15% of that. Medical parts remains about 20%. Can’t say a heck of a lot I’m still under NDA.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Can’t say a heck of a lot I’m still under NDA.

Folks that recently retire often forget about those 🤐.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

We’re the company nobody sees. We are metal mfg company that is a “job shop”, we don’t have our own product line we make custom from 2 Prototypes to 25 million plus parts. Everything we make/made is relatively small. We even do part design when companies are in trouble with a non-working product. Automotive was about 25% of our business until NAFTA and we lost 15% of that. Medical parts remains about 20%. Can’t say a heck of a lot I’m still under NDA.

I understand that, it can be a fine line to walk and I appreciate the answer. I honestly had to go through and check the information I have on procedures because internal memos are private and make sure there was a press release on their procedures. 

The small stuff matters in automotive, it all plays a part when it comes to performance and safety. 

Folks that recently retire often forget about those .  

It’s an important Document. Mine was for 5years after I retired. They came back and extended it and made it with my while. I wasn’t going to do anything but their call.

Rick

Left Hand,