Our Sponsors

Just think of those applying to be 'Official Testers' here. Do I need to bring up the 2018 Odyssey Putter giveaway in 2019, or those applying to be a Tester in the chatroom??  Some just don't get regardless of how clearly you communicate or how many times. 

Odyssey Putter was one of the funniest threads ever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Odyssey Putter was one of the funniest threads ever.

It certainly was - but sad in a way (re: people reading instructions). 

• Like 5

Does anyone have stats on Covid19’s affect on Mygolfspy? It seem that traffic is way up on the forums.  Do we have year to year numbers on participation?  How about traffic to the blog?

• Like 2

Does anyone have stats on Covid19’s affect on Mygolfspy? It seem that traffic is way up on the forums.  Do we have year to year numbers on participation?  How about traffic to the blog?

I believe you’re correct, forum traffic does seem to have increased. Quarantine at home will do that.

• Like 5

Went out to the grocery store today. About half the people were wearing masks and gloves. The store was following some good practices. For example, after every transaction at the self service checkout, an employee wipes down the scanner, the credit card machine, etc. Was good to stock up on some groceries, hopefully I won't need to go out again for a while.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, russtopherb said:

It's mind boggling to think that the health of so many people is going to depend on the common sense of others...

This is the most terrifying part of the whole pandemic. 

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Went out to the grocery store today. About half the people were wearing masks and gloves. The store was following some good practices. For example, after every transaction at the self service checkout, an employee wipes down the scanner, the credit card machine, etc. Was good to stock up on some groceries, hopefully I won't need to go out again for a while.

Both the Walmart and our big grocery chains take online orders and will deliver to your car so now we don't need to even go inside.  Once we get home the bags are brought in with gloves on and each item gets disinfectant on it.  Puts an entirely new spin on grocery shopping. 

• Like 4

Both the Walmart and our big grocery chains take online orders and will deliver to your car so now we don't need to even go inside.  Once we get home the bags are brought in with gloves on and each item gets disinfectant on it.  Puts an entirely new spin on grocery shopping. 
Online pickup is definitely a great service they offer, especially right now. We've used it a couple of times, but are going to have to go in next time we shop because they're all booked up. My wife saw times available the other day, procrastinated, and they got snatched up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. We rarely go out to eat as it is, I could cook a 6 course meal here for the cost of taking these 5 kids out.

Did you see this?!?! emoji6.png

IMG_7318.JPG

Just remember what day it is... emoji846.png

Co-Worker sent it to me, showed my kids. Oldest was crying, second oldest said... “I’m gonna graduate when I’m 27!” Good chuckle on the ole 1st of April.

Yep...saw that...my kids were freaked out 😄

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Took in a great day and ran around the former golf course right down the street. Little bit of mud never hurt anyone.

Adjustments.jpg
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Is anyone else carrying gloves in their vehicle? I’m in facilities and am still at work so using gas and what not. Stashed a box in my car and wipes as well for gas stations when pumping and going into stores when opening doors.

I don't but I have anti-bacterial wipes in my car.  We've also not gone out so we have only needed to gas up 1 vehicle in two weeks 😄

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I don't but I have anti-bacterial wipes in my car.  We've also not gone out so we have only needed to gas up 1 vehicle in two weeks 😄

MDGolfHacker

Sad thing is this is the time you want to have to fill 🤣 gas prices are 1.99 right now around us....Cant wait for the 3.00 per gallon to come back after all this so they can rake us over the coals from not buying!

10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Took in a great day and ran around the former golf course right down the street. Little bit of mud never hurt anyone.

Adjustments.jpg

Beautiful Pup

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sad thing is this is the time you want to have to fill 🤣 gas prices are 1.99 right now around us....Cant wait for the 3.00 per gallon to come back after all this so they can rake us over the coals from not buying!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I'm waiting a few more days and then I'm going to fill out the two gas cans I have as spares.  Prices already dropped .07 since Thursday so we're down to $1.92..and that's not even Costco's price which is at $1.59!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. We rarely go out to eat as it is, I could cook a 6 course meal here for the cost of taking these 5 kids out.

... I am pretty lucky as we also rarely eat out. We only eat organic and it is hard to find good restaurants that are seasonal/organic/grass fed. We really splurge in Portland when I am shooting Humana commercials and infomercials because it is one of the rare areas that is very farm to table. 

... But the upside is my wife is basically an at home chef. She is an amazing cook and food is always delicious as well as being healthy. My only part as her sous chef is manning the grill and this time of yea , grilling becomes our preferred method of cooking. The silver lining (a real stretch I know) is maybe people will stop eating unhealthy fast food and start learning to cook more at home. 

• Like 6

Forgot about that service, need to get SWMBO geared up .

• Like 1

Adjustments.thumb.jpg.3584842711dc3040c99549de05388544.jpg

There’s two best friends!

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 1:11 PM, Shankster said:

Yeah for sure gents. I don’t watch the news, refuse to. Had I been paying attention earlier, I would have prepared better.

Tough call. I do watch the news and we had been planning on this for a while. But while I felt like we were "prepared" ourselves, I couldn't prepare for how others have reacted.

I don't typically keep a lot of frozen or dry goods in the house, one, because of dietary habits, and two, because we live in a pretty small house with limited storage space. Same story for things like toilet paper and soap. For just my wife, dog and me, it doesn't make financial or space sense to store too much. I wasn't prepared for the massive amounts of hoarding, that's for sure. I'm thankful we still have eight rolls of toilet paper left, but if my local stores don't gain some more stock in the next couple of weeks I'm going to be asking a co-worker for a pack.

Admittedly, this is compounded by the fact I only go out once a week for groceries and try to only go to one or two stores (social distancing, folks!), but the massive amounts of hoarding took me completely by surprise. I can understand buying an extra pack of toilet paper or some extra meat to freeze, but I don't want to even think about the amount of food waste from the initial gutting of the stores two weeks ago around here.

I did rack up a $500 grocery bill two trips ago, so I did "stock up" more than normal, but I maxed out most of my storage space and now have whittled that pile down again. Hoping my grocery run tomorrow looks a little more "normal" than it has for the past three weeks.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not blaming anyone. I re-read my first sentence and realized it could come off that way. These are just extraordinary circumstances beyond my wildest dreams.

• Like 5

Ive backed off watchin the news and I sceol a fe news sites each morning and maybe at night. I went to my first store, Fred Meyers, n 2 weeks or so on Tueady. Lots of people. Didnt need to go but they had a sale on something I wanted. Gal at the carts wiping down every cart before you git one.

Drove out to Corvalis yesterday to Play It Again Sports. The drive takes me about 45 minutes. They limit customers to 5 at a time. I was looking for a shaft for a driver project. Gloved up while I inspected what they had and left after about 20 minutes and they didnt have what I was looking for. 

I will say that I was surprised at how many people are out and about. Lines at drive thrus, and parking lots seemed to look normal if the store waa open. Im  amazed at how many folks are going in 7 11s and the like. Not me. 

Daugters boyfriend is having issues with the amount of peeps in his large local home store. Saying people need to buy a tape measuee to see what 6 feet looks like and how whole families come in just to browse. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I was just THRILLED to learn that my town now has a number of cases, and they started with a family from NYC that has a summer home here. They decided to leave NY and hunker down here after shelter in place was enacted in NY, and when they arrived of course they drove all over town visiting stores and pharmacies to buy groceries and stock up on supplies. 

It's mind boggling to think that the health of so many people is going to depend on the common sense of others...

This is happening everywhere. We have had people come to my city from NYC because they can't be tested there and want to come my way and when they are told no they say fine I'll go back. Stupidity like this is what bothers me the most.

47 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am pretty lucky as we also rarely eat out. We only eat organic and it is hard to find good restaurants that are seasonal/organic/grass fed. We really splurge in Portland when I am shooting Humana commercials and infomercials because it is one of the rare areas that is very farm to table. 

... But the upside is my wife is basically an at home chef. She is an amazing cook and food is always delicious as well as being healthy. My only part as her sous chef is manning the grill and this time of yea , grilling becomes our preferred method of cooking. The silver lining (a real stretch I know) is maybe people will stop eating unhealthy fast food and start learning to cook more at home. 

I had to go out to the store to get supplies to make chicken and penne in vodka sauce for the guys in my firehouse. I not only cook 90% of the meals I eat at home and cook for the guys at work too.

• Like 4