Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

COVID-19

bens197

... The number that scares me the most is approximately 25% of those with Covid are asymptomatic. While I really want to have faith in my fellow man and believe many will do the right thing and be tested before venturing back out in public, I have seen too many knuckleheads on the golf course that lead me to believe they will be just as irresponsible with Covid. And as we all know, particularly with this highly contagious virus, the few can infect the many. Just no easy answers at this point. 

This morning I took a walk with my Mom who lives five mins away. It’s a good opportunity to walk with these two so we can see each other while we maintain social distancing.

Mom read last week that it could be upwards of 50% asymptomatic carriers!

You hit on the most important aspect. NYC is 5-6 hours from Rochester / Buffalo.

If NYC is now “open” you’re going to see truck drivers and OTR commerce heading in and out of the tri-state area. What limits will be placed on people coming in and out of the City for work whether non-essential or essential? The guy who’s cabinet shop I used to build my dining room table does contract work 4 months out of the year in Manhattan building $100k kitchens. His crew is all from Rochester.

You’re re-introducing a population to newly exposed and vice-versa.

We haven’t had the big wave yet and without testing or a vaccine, all we’re doing is putting a dab of flex seal on giant leak that will inevitable break open again.

I trust Gov Cuomo and hope this plan can commence when we have a better stock of kits.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

58 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I understand why they want to get back to normal but I have one concern. Our local health dept believes Upstate & WNY are now 3-5 weeks away from peak. If testing were available for all citizens I’d say go full throttle but I still fear we’re not even close yet. The daily briefings I receive from our Medical director and Chief lead me to believe we’re looking at July / August as a best case.

It is getting a little tiresome to listen to. Until testing is available to EVERYONE AND those tests can produce results in a couple of hours I just don't see SIP orders being removed. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

It is getting a little tiresome to listen to. Until testing is available to EVERYONE AND those tests can produce results in a couple of hours I just don't see SIP orders being removed. 

Agreed!
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

Don’t be sorry, I’ve been reading your posts and I agree 100%. It’s frustrating to see and you’re well within your rights to feel that way.

Good not trying to get y'all new York folks mad at me for a few idiots. I'd think with this whole thing I'm going to end up joining my local private golf club just so when I do golf after this it is limited people on the course plus it's a half mile from my house.

Spain opening the country back up a bit. 300k going back to work. There is light at the end of tunnel and hopefully it’s only a few weeks away considering the US was only a couple weeks or so behind Italy.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

With the constant barrage of dark news - figured all of us could use a bit of humor. 

https://1funny.com/the-america-i-grew-up-in-2-jeff-allen/

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I want to say what I want to say...... but I'm not going to. This is NOT a political forum. I'm here for Golf.

Exactly, save Political rants for other Forums.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just catching up on this massive topic (got through 2 pages so far and will continue after) forgive me if it’s been talked about already. 

A few things about this virus that has intrigued and for my brain stirring is:

1) what is the work Force going to look like after this? For me being in facilities I will always be on site for the majority but is this going to open company eyes that so much can be accomplished from home which reduces travel (This will go into my 2nd thing) as well as the need for real estate for companies (which was a down trend before this virus took place anyway)

and 2) I see the videos of wild life coming into cities and the smog/pollution level going down...great thing that possibly this virus sheds some light on? As my mom has been saying....we all need to see back and slow down....maybe this is Gods way of doing that and giving us no option but to do so....soap box over

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Vegtable seeds... how many of the people buying the vegetable seeds are actually going to plant them, tend them, and harvest them?

Mark my words, 99% of those veggies won’t make it past sprouts.

Come on people!

Rant over.

My buddy and I plant a garden every year. We will see it through.😉

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Vegtable seeds... how many of the people buying the vegetable seeds are actually going to plant them, tend them, and harvest them?

Mark my words, 99% of those veggies won’t make it past sprouts.

Come on people!

Rant over.

I plan on doing a garden at my house hopefully 

6 minutes ago, silver & black said:

My buddy and I plant a garden every year. We will see it through.😉

So I usually do a garden but this is my first year starting from seeds;

they came up a hell of a lot faster than expected and now I’m waiting for decent weather to plant....my bedroom air is clean let’s put it that way. 
I cannot wait to get them in and see what we get this year because we did a lot more than normal:

-beets (my favorite), sugar snap peas, zucchini, summer squash, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers....I think that’s it

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

14 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So I usually do a garden but this is my first year starting from seeds;

they came up a hell of a lot faster than expected and now I’m waiting for decent weather to plant....my bedroom air is clean let’s put it that way. 
I cannot wait to get them in and see what we get this year because we did a lot more than normal:

-beets (my favorite), sugar snap peas, zucchini, summer squash, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers....I think that’s it

We usually plant a 20' x 100' garden. We are down sizing this year. Beets have been hard for us over the years.... I don't know why.

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

We usually plant a 20' x 100' garden. We are down sizing this year. Beets have been hard for us over the years.... I don't know why.

Currently I have a 4x8 strawberry patch and have kind of some random areas but did some more raised beds like the strawberries and did 5 of those whenever I can get them outside.

where are you located? My dad is an avid planter and is very good and has struggled as well hoping I have better luck I tried 5 outside but I don’t think they took (still a little cold at night) I’ll have to do a few more as it gets warmer.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Currently I have a 4x8 strawberry patch and have kind of some random areas but did some more raised beds like the strawberries and did 5 of those whenever I can get them outside.

where are you located? My dad is an avid planter and is very good and has struggled as well hoping I have better luck I tried 5 outside but I don’t think they took (still a little cold at night) I’ll have to do a few more as it gets warmer.

I'm in NE Ohio. We planted Beets 3 times last year before they took.

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I'm in NE Ohio. We planted Beets 3 times last year before they took.

What was the temperature like when they finally took? We are still in the 30s at night occasionally but they’re supposed to be hardy so I figured they would have took but nothing yet 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

What was the temperature like when they finally took? We are still in the 30s at night occasionally but they’re supposed to be hardy so I figured they would have took but nothing yet 

I'm not sure. I know it was late May when they finally made it. It has only been the last two years we have had problems with the Beets. Hopefully this year will be better... whenever we plant...lol.

2 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I'm not sure. I know it was late May when they finally made it. It has only been the last two years we have had problems with the Beets. Hopefully this year will be better... whenever we plant...lol.

Good luck!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

The seed issue is a big surprise to me.  I ordered seeds for my garden in February.  No issue.  I just checked Seed Savers and their site says they are not taking new orders and are restocking.  I’m glad my seeds are sitting on my desk waiting for the soil to warm up.  

I do have a seed vault I bought a couple of years ago.  Don’t really see the need to dip into this year.  

On 4/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

I just don't understand how South Korea was able to test 15,000 people a day when the virus was still in its infancy and hadn't even spread to the US or Europe, but we can't? I think Hawaii as a state could only test 40 a day in the beginning stages. Without getting into the P word -- I hope we learn something from this so we don't get annihilated by the next one.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

https://www.homedepot.com/c/ah/how-to-build-a-garden-enclosure/9ba683603be9fa5395fab906c283378

DF3841E2-E202-400C-BFC7-18799159F43B.thumb.jpeg.d06cf9fc5ef0eab4ab88ee4b21e843c3.jpeg83BE2C43-12C9-4DB9-8831-879591042574.thumb.jpeg.1fef972cdcfd798027dc4f33d1320fb3.jpeg

I built this for wife 3 or so years ago, specifically to keep 4 dogs out. I attached the project. (I am not a handy man) It says it is an advanced build, but was pretty easy.

Nice job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

When I was growing up my father ALWAYS had a decent size garden. Tomato’s, cures squash etc. My parents had a rough time thru the depression so it was a big deal to them. We were located in rural CT and there were lots of varmints trying to raid his garden. POP was a pretty good shot with his 22.

Rick

Left Hand,