Our Sponsors

I was going to post this in one of the "Is your course/track still open"  threads but opted to use this one in hopes of getting more coverage.  Our now very small group arrived at Mesa Del Sol at noon as we have all winter season.  They as well as the other courses in the area have stayed open but with all of the prevailing safety protocols in place.  The level of play has been dropping steadily week after week as many of the snowbirds, which includes a high percentage of Canadians, have headed home.  While paying, the cashier stated that the tee times are running late due to a large group of players who booked on-line for morning times... and drove in from CA.  For my own curiosity, I took a walk through the parking lot and was stunned at the number of CA license plates - to include a small RV with sets of clubs outside the door.  Easily 30 cars representing close to half of the total.

200.gif.5d078ff2a25e6daa0a22b90f25dcf383.gif

Someone mentioned earlier that what scared them the most about this issue is that their health (and not contracting the virus) is so dependent on people doing what their being asked to do.  I sure hope none of my fellow spies were part of this poor and inconsiderate decision.  🤨

• Like 7

My home course is just about impossible to get on unless you get there at opening time... 7:00 am. If you get there around 9:00 you can expect to be there for 6+ hours. There are no tee times being taken. Pay your money and wait your turn. It sucks! I have never seen soooo many people at the golf course at one time! It's because golf is the ONLY thing you are allowed to do.

• Like 4

Starting to get bored, trying to keep busy with at home activities: working out in garage, yard work. 
On another note, my neighborhood started to have cases of packages getting stolen from front doors. Pretty bold knowing that everyone is at home right now.

That’s pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

For those of you facing a TP crisis. Not sure if this should be here or the joke thread

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

For those of you facing a TP crisis. Not sure if this should be here or the joke thread

Invest... heavily... in companies that produce these. 🤣

See the source image

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Invest... heavily... in companies that produce these. 🤣

See the source image

I bought a japanese toilet a few years ago that has one of these integrated into it. Not going to say how much the toilet cost (more than my irons plus driver) but it was one of the best purchases i have ever made.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

EDIT; Not sure why this link didn't post from my ipad. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQM__8Jn978

Ok. I’m ready for this crap to be over now. Who’s with me?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Ok. I’m ready for this crap to be over now. Who’s with me?

I am definitely with you. Not so much for me, I have adapted to working at home and while I would prefer to be at the office I can deal with it, I still play golf, and I see my in-laws. I can’t visit with my mother due to restriction in place at the retirement community and I am the only local family. Only see her for a few minutes when I take groceries or food. I feel bad for my daughter who had her freshman year of college cut short and not be able to complete her sorority initiation or say goodby me to her friends. I feel bad for seniors who will miss graduation, prom, the last year of player for their school, etc.
  • Like 5

I am definitely with you. Not so much for me, I have adapted to working at home and while I would prefer to be at the office I can deal with it, I still play golf, and I see my in-laws. I can’t visit with my mother due to restriction in place at the retirement community and I am the only local family. Only see her for a few minutes when I take groceries or food. I feel bad for my daughter who had her freshman year of college cut short and not be able to complete her sorority initiation or say goodby me to her friends. I feel bad for seniors who will miss graduation, prom, the last year of player for their school, etc.

I hear you. It is only a matter of time before they shut school down for the year here. My kids are super bummed, and it’s hard for them to grasp what is going on. They think they are being punished or something. Not good.

Both of our parents had planned on visiting in May, but the likelihood of that is now zero.

Thoughts and prayers for the families directly affected by this junk. And a huge round of applause and my deepest respect for anyone in the health care/first responder fields.
  • Like 6

my 13 y/o at dinner the other night said he's happy that he's going through this. He said that he feels like he's a part of history.

I was impressed!

• Like 9

my 13 y/o at dinner the other night said he's happy that he's going through this. He said that he feels like he's a part of history.
I was impressed!

That’s a good way to look at it!

I had a similar thing happen to me the other day. It was on national news, I’m not going to say what it was, but it was a big deal. Not everyone can say they did what we are doing now.

Good for your Son to have that outlook. Going to impress that on my kids.

• Like 4

My kids mistook the time home as an extended vacation....boy were they in for a rude awakening today...first day of e-school....he he he....I haven't seen so much whining since I took my neighbors to the local winery for a day of drinking....:)

MDGolfHacker

• Like 7

My almost 2.5 year old daughter has been crushing her potty training. We’re on week 3 and she’s graduated from toy potty to her own seat on the big girl potty. We can use that diaper money for a nice trip once we’re no longer sequestered.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I was impressed!

Wow what an adult comment. 

• Like 2

My wife is at work today and has been briefed daily by local Doctors and Health Department officials. Their projection for Western, NY is that we will peak in 4-6 weeks.

This seems plausible.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

My wife is at work today and has been briefed daily by local Doctors and Health Department officials. Their projection for Western, NY is that we will peak in 4-6 weeks.

This seems plausible.

I'm guessing then that CNY is on a similar trend, maybe even later considering Monroe and Erie County are way ahead of our pace... 

• Like 2

I'm guessing then that CNY is on a similar trend, maybe even later considering Monroe and Erie County are way ahead of our pace... 

Most likely. We were reading local stats and Monroe County compliance with stay-at-home has not been great.

A good friend who works the day before me is also an ICU Nurse. He thinks this is till August / September.