Our Sponsors

Almost everyone at work wore a mask today.

Just took someone breaking the ice with it.

Lead by example right?

• Like 5

Poker internet connection making a lot of double posts. Sorry everyone.

• Like 1

My weekday volunteering at my club...
IMG_2163.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

• Like 9

My weekday volunteering at my club...
IMG_2163.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

• Like 1

They made us wear masks at my daughter's one year checkup yesterday. My wife had a splitting headache afterwards. I had a hard time breathing in mine as well. But I get it. 20200406_133647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

They made us wear masks at my daughter's one year checkup yesterday. My wife had a splitting headache afterwards. I had a hard time breathing in mine as well. But I get it. 20200406_133647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know I've mentioned a few times that I've been ultra conservative about going places and potentially carrying COVID due to my father recently having pneumonia and being hospitalized.

He's semi retired but works as a CNA in a nursing home a few shifts per week, and has been going back to work to help out (thankfully no reported cases or concerns there). The other day he was talking with his Director of Nursing about his pneumonia, and how he had been to the doc 3x before being hospitalized because the meds just weren't working. The DoN asked to see his hospitalization paperwork and lab results, then yesterday told him to call a number here in MA to speak with someone. After calling in and going over what happened, the doctor he spoke with was 90% sure he had COVID. Pretty sure there's no testing after the fact, but his lack of response on typical meds and needing to be intubated for the better part of 4 days and crashing in the ambulance with 70% blood oxygen level were very scary at the time.

Again, this isn't 100% definitive. Getting the message that he had been rushed to the hospital was bad enough, thinking that he may have had it and remembering what he went through is completely sobering. I'm so thankful that I masked up every time I went to see him even when he was moved out of the SICU, and was fanatical about washing & sanitizing my hands. I'm even more thankful that he recovered, and let me tell you - it took him nearly a month after being discharged before he even felt semi-normal. He's still on oxygen every night as it is.  

I know I've mentioned a few times that I've been ultra conservative about going places and potentially carrying COVID due to my father recently having pneumonia and being hospitalized.

He's semi retired but works as a CNA in a nursing home a few shifts per week, and has been going back to work to help out (thankfully no reported cases or concerns there). The other day he was talking with his Director of Nursing about his pneumonia, and how he had been to the doc 3x before being hospitalized because the meds just weren't working. The DoN asked to see his hospitalization paperwork and lab results, then yesterday told him to call a number here in MA to speak with someone. After calling in and going over what happened, the doctor he spoke with was 90% sure he had COVID. Pretty sure there's no testing after the fact, but his lack of response on typical meds and needing to be intubated for the better part of 4 days and crashing in the ambulance with 70% blood oxygen level were very scary at the time.

Again, this isn't 100% definitive. Getting the message that he had been rushed to the hospital was bad enough, thinking that he may have had it and remembering what he went through is completely sobering. I'm so thankful that I masked up every time I went to see him even when he was moved out of the SICU, and was fanatical about washing & sanitizing my hands. I'm even more thankful that he recovered, and let me tell you - it took him nearly a month after being discharged before he even felt semi-normal. He's still on oxygen every night as it is.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

corona.jpg

not far off what some are doing.

Local guy in the store was wearing scuba gear minus wetsuit and flippers off course. But he had goggles, and breathing tank- better safe than sorry.

I went to get some essentials recently and I was the ONLY person in a store of 60 (they counted you in and out to ensure only 60 at anyone time) that had a mask and gloves on. Maybe they dont watch the news ffs! Our Prime Minister is currently in intensive care with this and he is an outstanding PM. Covid doesnt discriminate.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

corona.jpg

not far off what some are doing.

Local guy in the store was wearing scuba gear minus wetsuit and flippers off course. But he had goggles, and breathing tank- better safe than sorry.

I went to get some essentials recently and I was the ONLY person in a store of 60 (they counted you in and out to ensure only 60 at anyone time) that had a mask and gloves on. Maybe they dont watch the news ffs! Our Prime Minister is currently in intensive care with this and he is an outstanding PM. Covid doesnt discriminate.

• Like 1

The fact that he was strong enough to make it off the vent after being tubed is so great to hear. I hope he continues to recover and regain strength. I also hope you do as well; I can’t imagine the stress of watching this and living through it.
  • Like 4

The fact that he was strong enough to make it off the vent after being tubed is so great to hear. I hope he continues to recover and regain strength. I also hope you do as well; I can’t imagine the stress of watching this and living through it.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Be glad you were able to visit most hospitals my way have a zero visitor rule. BTW wHt is with all the double posts?

On 4/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, Shankster said:

First day of wearing a cloth mask at work. Some strange looks, but I don’t trust that anyone is staying away from crowed stores and whatnot.

Bought one on Etsy, and it’s way too tight. Thought my ears were getting ripped from my head. Needs some modifications.

Shankster:

As part of my contribution, I've put the full power of my puny 3-D printer to make mask extenders.  I've reserved it initially for those in the medical/police/FD fields.  Let me know if you want one.  Relieves the stress on the ears.

Here's what it looks like...

MDGolfHacker

IMG_20200405_174256.jpg

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Be glad you were able to visit most hospitals my way have a zero visitor rule. BTW wHt is with all the double posts?

At the time there really wasn't a big understanding of it yet (for many reasons). Like I mentioned earlier - his doctors were still going along treating it as pneumonia. He had flown back to MA from Arkansas around 2 weeks prior to getting sick and had 3 layovers where he was wandering around airports...

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 1:11 PM, Berg Ryman said:

Awesome... Stay safe out there my man! 😷

My girlfriend and I are going to be entirely different people when this is over 😭

I've talked to a lot of medical professionals including my brother who's an ER Doc...they all seem to think we won't see the light of day until July or August if we're lucky🤦‍♂️

On 4/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, Shankster said:

Our dark blue Janitor uni’s aren’t that cool. Never understood why we wear Navy blue when we work on the water...🤷🏼‍♂️

Camouflage...so you can work on the water under cover 😄

On 4/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, dlow206 said:

Do you guys think more people are selling off their clubs these days due to the economic impacts of Covid? I feel like I am seeing a lot more high-end putters for sale on the GolfWRX BST than usual. 

Yep...economy is tanked right now with a record number of people out of work and struggling to make ends meat.  Luxury things purchased in the past will need to go to put a roof over one's head and food on the table for some.  I'm fortunate that the contract I am on is still funded and I'm able to telework.  On the flip side, I need to get a new car as my old one is having some issues and I'm sure a lot of the car dealers are offering some crazy incentives, but I just can't get myself to do it...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Can't swing a club because I'm having some back issues from cutting down a tree.  and well, the ankle that I think I sprained during an intense game of kickball with the kids at the outset of outbreak has started to act up again🤦‍♂️...I had taken a walk to a nearby pond to fish (MD allows fishing as long as it was for sustenance) and now the ankle is swollen.  Refuse to go to the hospital so I guess it's ice and advil for a while for me..  Here's a pic of the rainbow I caught (MD stocks certain ponds and lakes and rivers so this is a stocked one)...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200408073837602_COVER.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

At the time there really wasn't a big understanding of it yet (for many reasons). Like I mentioned earlier - his doctors were still going along treating it as pneumonia. He had flown back to MA from Arkansas around 2 weeks prior to getting sick and had 3 layovers where he was wandering around airports...

Thoughts and prayers for him!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Shankster:
  As part of my contribution, I've put the full power of my puny 3-D printer to make mask extenders.  I've reserved it initially for those in the medical/police/FD fields.  Let me know if you want one.  Relieves the stress on the ears.
Here's what it looks like...
MDGolfHacker
IMG_20200405_174256.thumb.jpg.d1174770b16785e88e74abb11f2a94b9.jpg

I appreciate the kind offer, but I can’t take anything intended for the front line workers. I’m looking at 15-20 hours a week in a mask. While healthcare workers are looking at 12+ hours a day.

If the poop really hits the fan I might take you up on the offer, but I’d feel like I’m taking something someone else needs much more.
  • Like 7