Our Sponsors

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many people are being apathetic towards this. I'm probably one of the most apathetic people you could ever meet, but this is something that I take seriously. Look, the reality is that I have a dec

Folks - this isn't a request. Politics has no place in this golf forum. These are trying, politically charged times for all of us. MyGolfSpy doesn't care about your politics, and we expect you to resp

Guys, let me step in here. We're like a week into the quarantine; we'll likely be talking about this for a while now. In the spirit of the moral code, let's knock off discussions of our opinions of ho

Posted Images

I think I'm starting to see some mental health related issues going on with some neighbors.  A young family down the street are in full blown panick-mode.  Terrified to even collect their mail.  He is convinced that he is going to contract COVID and it is going to be fatal.  His reasoning, he took an Aleve before all of this started, his BMI is over 20 and he doesn't drink alcohol to protect him from the virus. 
I am trying to talk him off the ledge (via text message of course) but this young man is scaring the hell out of me.  That level of prolonged fear and stress is likely more devastating on his body than if he were to contract the virus.  I'm doing what I can but he needs to turn off the news, stop looking at social media and just binge watch "How I Met Your Mother" or "The Office" and laugh a little!
What a crazy world we live in right now!

Good on you for looking out. Social media is absolutely toxic without a pandemic. Add the daily influx of unchecked “news” from “sources” and it’s a recipe for self-doubt and anguish.
  • Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

15 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Good on you for looking out. Social media is absolutely toxic without a pandemic. Add the daily influx of unchecked “news” from “sources” and it’s a recipe for self-doubt and anguish.

Couldn't agree more. The last month I've realized the stark difference in my mental fortitude on days I've spent a lot of time on my phone vs reading, taking walks, etc. I think a positive we could take out of this whole thing as a human race is to really take a step back on the social media stuff and remember real life may actually be pretty darn good too.

• Like 7

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

agreed re social media and the news- I had it on in our house all day, so I wouldnt miss any govt updates, but I found we were also talking about it constantly and our anxiety was rising.

Decided to watch the govt briefing at 5pm ONLY and the rest of the day is watching netflix or recorded shows, swing and chipping in the garden, housework and garden chores.

I def feel better for doing this.

• Like 6

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just as there were some permanent changes after 9/11, there will be some other permanent changes after coronavirus (maybe masks, temp checks, frequent cleaning/disinfecting, more online vs person to person, less travel, etc.). And some uninformed people will ignore them, nothing new. Some restrictions will be lifted for low risk people in lower risk areas in May-June. Some restrictions won’t be lifted until there’s a proven vaccine, reportedly 12-18 months. And other steps in between. Some people will rush back in without fear, some will be way more cautious even when they’re told it’s safe to re-enter. We need far better testing and contact tracing to really get reopening off the ground without a devastating second wave, I hope there’s a lot more going on there than I’ve seen in the news. And hopefully effective therapies will become available in the months ahead.

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

The news and social media is terrible. I really don’t understand how they can sit and talk about how many people die every day with a straight face. I get it is there job, but find some happiness to report on. There has to be a new bug or something that was recently found.

I check the stats for Maryland daily just to keep my shop informed.

I’m half tempted to sell the house and buy a big boat to live on, and just travel the earth after this whole thing is over. That way when it happens again I’ll just head out to sea.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Shankster you would be able to find some pretty cool and remote courses that way. I'm guessing a GCquad would be on deck? Even have some out at sea targets?

You may be on to something

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

The last month I've realized the stark difference in my mental fortitude on days I've spent a lot of time on my phone vs reading, taking walks, etc. I think a positive we could take out of this whole thing as a human race is to really take a step back on the social media stuff and remember real life may actually be pretty darn good too.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7VtH/toyota-venza-facebook-friends

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

55 minutes ago, Shankster said:

The news and social media is terrible. I really don’t understand how they can sit and talk about how many people die every day with a straight face. I get it is there job, but find some happiness to report on. There has to be a new bug or something that was recently found.

I check the stats for Maryland daily just to keep my shop informed.

I’m half tempted to sell the house and buy a big boat to live on, and just travel the earth after this whole thing is over. That way when it happens again I’ll just head out to sea.

That sounds like what my friend in the coast guard who lives in Alaska did he has a float plane and lives on a boat.

• Like 4
[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] you would be able to find some pretty cool and remote courses that way. I'm guessing a GCquad would be on deck? Even have some out at sea targets?
You may be on to something

Yeah, of course. The unit of measurement for nautical distance is yards, so it converts very easily.

I could have my own “course.” A floating green I could set at different distances...

See! It could happen.... if I win the lottery.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

... I was trying to decide last nite before going to bed if I should take my P790 9 iron or my P760 9 iron down to the park and hit balls. Hmmmmm. Woke up this morning to the picture below. So which 9 iron would you guys suggest I use? 

Winter.thumb.JPG.720cca01f0c10a6b5782d874243a08ee.JPG

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

... I was trying to decide last nite before going to bed if I should take my P790 9 iron or my P760 9 iron down to the park and hit balls. Hmmmmm. Woke up this morning to the picture below. So which 9 iron would you guys suggest I use? 

Hmmm.....both

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hmmm.....both

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

This 9 iron...

IMG_7528.JPG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

This 9 iron...

IMG_7528.JPG.9d95cb2bf8f2b9135c5a2b58d91551fd.JPG

I think that’s 9hp

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

And here we go: https://www.pxg.com/en-us/accessories/gear/essential-face-mask

Which OEM is next? When I saw PXG making masks, I was expecting it to be $100. Was pleasantly surprised at the price.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

2 hours ago, chisag said:

I don't think the clubs are the question;  do you have any orange golf balls?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, chisag said:

The warm one.

• Like 2

Do you guys think we will see any OEMs/component manufacturers going out of business due to the economic impacts caused by Covid? I am sure that the major OEMs will find a way to survive, but I am worried for some of the smaller companies, especially the ones that focus on niche, high end products that even during good times, we question the price on (ex. high-end putter shafts).

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

..., I think the bottom line is consumerism has created waaaaaaaay too much junk and waste. Products that are designed to be replaced rather than repaired is normal. My 5 year old dryer went out and when the repair guys looked at it, he said it would be around $500 to repair and even then some other parts will fail sooner than later. It was better to buy a new dryer than repair the one I had. That is just ridiculous and clearly done on purpose to sell more junk. Landfills are over flowing, garbage and plastic is everywhere and the planet is being taxed beyond it's capabilities. While I would not go so far as to call it a good thing, the silver lining is that marginal business will not survive. More than a few restaurants will not return so perhaps people will eat at home more which is more nutritious as well as helping to reduce waste. We have to get back to what do we need, not what do we want. Just my opinion of course ...

• Like 7