Our Sponsors

Local 36 hold Golf Course just announced closing until early April.  It's run by the local University, which is closed as well.  Golf was the one thing I was hoping to do during these times😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Villages almost beat me too it. I sent an email canceling all our indoor activities at Rec Centers. An hour later I got the word the Rec Centers are closing and no indoor activities.
My Bud has a Doo Wop group and all his gigs are canceled!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

UK just announces anyone 70+ self isolates for 14 weeks starting this weekend, and everyone else to minimise social interaction and avoid cinemas/theatres/pubs etc etc for the long haul.

Right call to minimise the effect on our health service, they can cope if the constant numbers are workable but not if they are overwhelmed. We have an outstanding PM now and the two experts by his side are Global leaders and very very reassuring in their knowledge. Scary times but I'm comforted knowing they are in charge.

• Like 2

As of right now, Michigan's order is having all courses shut down through the end of the month. Not just the clubhouses...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

As of right now, Michigan's order is having all courses shut down through the end of the month. Not just the clubhouses...

Not good......

Not sure about golf courses in Ohio, but the Governor just closed all gyms, movie theaters, water parks, rec centers, etc. 

• Like 1

The Villages almost beat me too it. I sent an email canceling all our indoor activities at Rec Centers. An hour later I got the word the Rec Centers are closing and no indoor activities.
My Bud has a Doo Wop group and all his gigs are canceled!

1st case of COVID 19 reported in Lady Lady FL which borders the Villages. Here we go....

• Sad 1

Oregon is closing resturants and bars. Take out only I believe. Just heard it on the radio so no real details. 

All our courses are going to open but not have any locker room access or restaurants. 

Many are doing online booking and pay only so the pro shop only has to check in groups. 

• Like 2

Well, our outing for tomorrow was cancelled. And it looks like I’ll be out a few thousand for the condo I booked for spring break... didn’t get trip insurance, only a matter of time before we aren’t allowed to leave.

• Like 1

Just got an email from my home course (municipal): effective tomorrow - closed indefinitely.

The notice also covers all practice facilities and included a reminder that recreational activities (soccer, jogging, etc) are never allowed on the course.

The official “no more golf” gut punch is very sobering.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The facility I'm at is being set up as a primary testing location. Patients are being told to wait in their car until rung to come in a separate entrance after hand hygiene and mask. Verbal ID checks, mask lowered, swap taken and out the door. This is a well separated area and should work well. The next stage is a drive through testing service, which our service access road is almost perfect for. Hopefully we don't get to that stage, but we are preparing for it.

Our workflows and precautions are constantly being updated as we get more accurate information.  Luckily most imaging required for patients is very quick, and if they are wearing a mask (all suspected cases are) cleaning is contact points only. Maintaining a service for the normal case load whilst ensuring safety of staff  and public is the real challenge. Some of our standard practice, such as mobile X-ray in ED cubicles is being modified. A tiny amount of scatter radiation to adjacent cubicles is less of a risk to staff and public than transporting patients to the X-Ray room for their imaging. Appropriate and safe cleaning protocols also help to ensure access to our CT scanners for trauma and stroke imaging, which are obviously highly time critical. The entire health network I work at had an IT hacking incident that shut down our IT systems last year. The resilience and problem solving skills developed through that is helping with our management of the current situation.

Closing of golf courses seems a little strange to me, especially private clubs where it isn't necessary to have close contact with staff. As long as people keep some space from each other and follow good hygiene practice golf and getting outside would probably be beneficial.

Hope everyone keeps safe. A bit of paranoia is a good thing, panic isn't.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

Hope everyone keeps safe. A bit of paranoia is a good thing, panic isn't.

... 👍

• Like 1

1st case of COVID 19 reported in Lady Lady FL which borders the Villages. Here we go....

Huh ho........

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

A private golf club in Jacksonville shut down today due to a member who’s been diagnosed w/Corona. I’m hearing rumors from some military folks that most cities will be going on full lock down very soon for several weeks. I’m not sure what to think. I’ll be 50 this year and this is by far the strangest times I’ve experienced.

Mandatory telecommuting for me starting Wednesday morning after the Court System got shut down outside of essential appearances, of which I dont cover

Well, our outing for tomorrow was cancelled. And it looks like I’ll be out a few thousand for the condo I booked for spring break... didn’t get trip insurance, only a matter of time before we aren’t allowed to leave.

I would have a conversation with the condo folks. I believe you have a case for a full or partial refund due to circumstances WAY beyond your control Grasshopper!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... I hate to generalize but by and large people are idiots. The Illinois Gov asked patrons to self regulate and avoid bars and restaurants over the weekend in Chicago and refrain from crowds of 50 or more. It seems many took that as a challenge and went in droves to bars and restaurants and over 50 was the norm. The Gov was furious and had to shut down both to protect people from themselves. We are in a worldwide pandemic and some are still trying to marginalize this deadly virus or even worse call it political. 

As a friend of mine put it, we can't behave, so we've been grounded.

• Like 2

As a friend of mine put it, we can't behave, so we've been grounded.

True that