COVID-19

bens197

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

On the good side, my father tested negative for COVID antibodies. Doesn't 100% say he didn't have it when he was hospitalized given his test results and his lack of response to typical pneumonia treatments, but still - good news.

On the bad side, he got the news too late. My grandfather passed away just after lunchtime today, and my dad was not able to say goodbye in person. I'm heartbroken for him. My grandfather (Pepe, since we're French Canadian) was a hell of a guy, and loved golf. He called me one day in his mid 80's after hearing I had just shot over 100 to tell me he had just shot his age that very morning and razzed the hell out of me. He played almost every day until the doc told him that it wasn't good for his heart to be outside in the heat and humidity. He reluctantly only gave up golf just a few years ago after my grandmother caught him sneaking off to play 9 holes.

I'm thankful to the hospital he was in last week for recognizing his cancer had spread too much and there was nothing they could do, so they discharged him to spend his last days at home with his wife of nearly 70 years, and 2 out of his 3 children. He was able to pass with his loved ones with him, unlike so many other poor souls who are finding their last few moments here alone due to quarantine and lockdowns. Sad times, and my heart goes out to anyone who isn't able to say goodbye to those they love in person. 

Sorry to hear about this, he sounded like a great man. My prayers go out to you and your family. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, russtopherb said:

On the good side, my father tested negative for COVID antibodies. Doesn't 100% say he didn't have it when he was hospitalized given his test results and his lack of response to typical pneumonia treatments, but still - good news.

On the bad side, he got the news too late. My grandfather passed away just after lunchtime today, and my dad was not able to say goodbye in person. I'm heartbroken for him. My grandfather (Pepe, since we're French Canadian) was a hell of a guy, and loved golf. He called me one day in his mid 80's after hearing I had just shot over 100 to tell me he had just shot his age that very morning and razzed the hell out of me. He played almost every day until the doc told him that it wasn't good for his heart to be outside in the heat and humidity. He reluctantly only gave up golf just a few years ago after my grandmother caught him sneaking off to play 9 holes.

I'm thankful to the hospital he was in last week for recognizing his cancer had spread too much and there was nothing they could do, so they discharged him to spend his last days at home with his wife of nearly 70 years, and 2 out of his 3 children. He was able to pass with his loved ones with him, unlike so many other poor souls who are finding their last few moments here alone due to quarantine and lockdowns. Sad times, and my heart goes out to anyone who isn't able to say goodbye to those they love in person. 

Good news for your Dad mate. I'm very sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Modified shelter in place orders extended through 5/31 here on Oahu...
UGH.
Not sure what the modifications are yet, but it can't be good.

I hope this gets cleaned up by July 4th. Just booked a trip to Kauai, 4th - 10th. Hoping to play.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Planned activity for today during stay at home: hit golf balls in new backyard net

Actual activity: going to home depot to buy toilet auger. My son found a way to plug the toilet so badly the plunger has done nothing

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Planned activity for today during stay at home: hit golf balls in new backyard net

Actual activity: going to home depot to buy toilet auger. My son found a way to plug the toilet so badly the plunger has done nothing

That isn't good and it's not a good way to start the day. At least you're going to the Depot and not Lowe's. We made a trip yesterday to buy a mower for the mother-in-law's house and to pick up gardening supplies for my wife. Home Depot was limiting the number of shoppers inn the store at 75, Lowe's looked like they were allowing 75 per square foot. 

Best of luck to you in fixing the toilet. 

• Like 4

Got off duty this morning and was pleased to see how nice it is outdoors. It’s 60* today so I took a nice walk with the pup and my daughter while my wife is working from home.

Hoping to mow and throw some lines down on the lawn.

• Like 5
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That isn't good and it's not a good way to start the day. At least you're going to the Depot and not Lowe's. We made a trip yesterday to buy a mower for the mother-in-law's house and to pick up gardening supplies for my wife. Home Depot was limiting the number of shoppers inn the store at 75, Lowe's looked like they were allowing 75 per square foot. 

Best of luck to you in fixing the toilet. 

Toilet auger worked on the first try, I am relieved.

Home Depot in my area was also limiting the number of shoppers. About 50% of people (employees and customers) were not wearing masks, which was disappointing. 

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Home Depot in my area was also limiting the number of shoppers. About 50% of people (employees and customers) were not wearing masks, which was disappointing. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it fixed on the first try. I'm glad they were limiting shoppers, but it is disheartening that more people are becoming complacent when it comes to safety. 

• Like 2

I don’t think there is a better, more relieving phrase than “toilet auger worked on the first try!”
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

5 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I hope this gets cleaned up by July 4th. Just booked a trip to Kauai, 4th - 10th. Hoping to play.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The mayor of Kauai county is actually doing a much better job and placing Kauai under more strict policy. I believe Kauai is also the only island to arrest any tourists so far for breaking the mandatory 14-day quarantine for people who arrive on the islands.They're likely going to be the last island to "open" if things do continue to settle here

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

In Scotland we have had all the courses closed since the 23rd March. There are 2 points I wan to make.

1. The game in Scotland for the non marque clubs has been struggling in recent years, my own club is running annually with debt around $150k. There is a debate at the moment because we don't get access to the course that we should withhold fees or look for a refund. In normal circumstances if I was a member of a wealthy club I would back this, but I'm happy to continue on as is. Thoughts!

2. I'm really frustrated by the governing body in Scotland; Scottish Golf that have given out guidelines to close all courses for play. We have a right to roam law in Scotland that means the public can use the course as a right of way this is being abused with picnics and kids playing in bunkers, soccer on the greens  and all kinds of s*** happening on the well  maintained courses. Personally with a set of guidelines policed by on course marshalls I don't see why the courses can't re-open to singles and 2 balls, no buggies walking only, all course furniture either removed or banded off. With a little common sense the course can be opened. If you think about it the average male with a club in their hand and swinging will ensure that their partner stays at least 6 feet away. 

We have 5 people in the house in lockdown and I need to get away soon or I'm going to have a Jack Nicholson moment

image.jpeg.7e2fce1603362391a11b1047d612328c.jpeg

• Like 5

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

The whole mask thing kind of annoys me. Here is why, it gives people false hope that it is doing something. Cloth masks have no effective ways to stop the small sized droplets from most coughs or sneezes heck even n95s aren't rated for some of the particulates. If this is like other corona viruses and cannot have a successful vaccine are we all just going to live in fear forever?

Honestly the best thing for everyone to do is wash your hands and maintain good hygiene. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The whole mask thing kind of annoys me. Here is why, it gives people false hope that it is doing something. Cloth masks have no effective ways to stop the small sized droplets from most coughs or sneezes heck even n95s aren't rated for some of the particulates. If this is like other corona viruses and cannot have a successful vaccine are we all just going to live in fear forever?

Honestly the best thing for everyone to do is wash your hands and maintain good hygiene. 

It's a good reminder to not touch your face though, so I like it

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Like [mention]yungkory [/mention] said, it’s to keep your hands (that touch all the crap) from touching your face and mucous membranes. In between hand washing it’s the best means of reducing spread.
  • Like 3

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

I can't comment from a medical perspective, but I'd agree, I definitely don't touch my face near as much as I would otherwise.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

... I am not a brain surgeon, though I have played one on TV. 😷  But as I understand it, the purpose of the mask is to stop YOU from sneezing and coughing on someone else. It doesn't protect you, it protects others from you. The fact that 50-75% of people with Covid are asymptomatic and have no idea they are carrying the virus, it has to be a good idea for everyone to wear a mask, or bandana or anything over their nose and mouth that stops them from spreading the virus MUCH more easily than without a mask. 

... I just got back from our weekly Whole Foods run and I asked the cashier if she feels even a little safer with us wearing masks because of course there were about 10% in the store not wearing them and she said "MUCH safer. You are here and around a few others for a short period of time but I am around a lot of other people all day long. So thank you for wearing one."  

• Like 7

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

19 minutes ago, yungkory said:

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Like [mention]yungkory [/mention] said, it’s to keep your hands (that touch all the crap) from touching your face and mucous membranes. In between hand washing it’s the best means of reducing spread.

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I can't comment from a medical perspective, but I'd agree, I definitely don't touch my face near as much as I would otherwise.

Trust me I understand this was just a comment about complaining that people aren't wearing masks when out and about. Wear them I'm not against it at all I wear them at work A LOT mainly because we have a policy to but also because some people are very sick and it keeps their droplets off my face because people don't know how to cover their faces so people wearing them is nice.

I just like to be realistic which is why I point these things out to people. I am not saying don't wear them because I wouldn't wear them outside of work and only wore one when my state made it mandatory. But I am around this constantly and was around it with people before the spread was as bad as it is.

• Like 4

Or as the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, put it, it stops you from speaking moistly on others.

... I am not a brain surgeon, though I have played one on TV.   But as I understand it, the purpose of the mask is to stop YOU from sneezing and coughing on someone else. It doesn't protect you, it protects others from you. The fact that so many people are asymptomatic and have no idea they are carrying the virus, it has to be a good idea for everyone to wear a mask, or bandana or anything over their nose and mouth that stops them from spreading the virus MUCH more easily than without a mask. 

... I just got back from our weekly Whole Foods run and I asked the cashier if she feels even a little safer with us wearing masks because of course there were about 10% in the store not wearing them and she said "MUCH safer. You are here and around a few others for a short period of time but I am around a lot of other people all day long. So thank you for wearing one."  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind),  TAYLORMADE HI-TOE (60°)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE