MrShowbiz999

Balls for Beginners

Our Sponsors

If you're someone who loses a lot of balls, the Maxfli Softfli can often be found for $30/3 dozen at DSG. There's no better value in a ball for someone new to the game that doesn't want to spend a lot of time looking for balls that've been dunked or lost to the woods. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

On 3/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, chisag said:

... You are thinking of the short lived Performance One 4 piece ball. The Performance+ 3 piece ball is available online and I have never seen them out of stock in stores. They also have a very durable cover. Neither to be confused with the original legendary Tour Performance. 🤪

1289881741_KirklandBalls.thumb.JPG.bd43ff49f485b0594378673c78c27954.JPG

I had the same issue with the new Performance+ balls - I bought them in March I believe.  They cut so bad on me that I had to take some out of play after one hole going tee-fairway-green. (Granted I was playing new SM8 wedges...but still.)  I have over a dozen left in the garage.  For the price they are still a good value, but if you don't lose a lot of balls I'd look elsewhere.  I moved to the Snell and that is a very durable ball that has played consistently for me.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

TM Project (a), Srixon soft feel, Wilson duo are three good ones to start with.  You can buy the soft feel in many color choices as well to help locate them. 

Mavrik Max 9 degree loft w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Maverick Max 3W, 5W w/ROUGE white X-Stiff 70g

Mavrik Max 3H, KBS tour prototype 70/80 X-Stiff 80g

Speedblade 4-PW, AW, SW KBS Siff 85g

Ghost Sypder putter

bourbon to be drank neat

On 7/5/2020 at 6:04 PM, Gatorbob said:

I had the same issue with the new Performance+ balls - I bought them in March I believe.  They cut so bad on me that I had to take some out of play after one hole going tee-fairway-green. (Granted I was playing new SM8 wedges...but still.)  I have over a dozen left in the garage.  For the price they are still a good value, but if you don't lose a lot of balls I'd look elsewhere.  I moved to the Snell and that is a very durable ball that has played consistently for me.

The only Kirkland ball that had a cover issue was the VERY short lived 4 piece "Performance One" ball.

If you got a random bad box of 3 piece Performance+ balls, that's unfortunate, and Costco's superior customer service would likely exchange them for you.

• :nike-small:VR-S Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

5 hours ago, KurtActual said:

The only Kirkland ball that had a cover issue was the VERY short lived 4 piece "Performance One" ball.

If you got a random bad box of 3 piece Performance+ balls, that's unfortunate, and Costco's superior customer service would likely exchange them for you.

No doubt they would, but I am about to change home courses.  I have no doubt I will go through all of them as I learn how to play a course with water on most of the holes!

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE