:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

postponed >>>>> cancelled.

The Masters seems to be the un-official start to golf season. I'm not waiting until the fall....haha.

Would be cool if they replayed one of the classics in its entirety - 86? 97? 

I'll have to hit up youtube for my Jim Nantz fix.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Yeah, disclaimer. I know the current situation is greater than any one sporting event.   I had  come to grips with the NCAA cancellation, all be it grudgingly.   I was hoping with every bit of Irish luck that I might have that somehow The Masters would still be held on time.  

I was actually discussing this with someone last night.  When and how they would reschedule it.  There aren't too many open areas on the PGA Schedule.  My thought is the Chairman of Augusta and the committee will determine where they want it--time frame speaking-- and plop it down right there.  If it happens to be the same week of say the John Deere..then well sorry John Deere...SOL!   I'm not advocating that particular spot, just using it as an example.   The fall is going to be busy for CBS with football.  August might be the only real void in the schedule now that majors are done in July, and playoffs start then.   But I can't imagine Augusta National will look as pretty in August as it does in April.   But again, the committee will find a way to fix that..ha   It would probably play firm and fast, which would be different and maybe add a whole new level of excitement to the toooonament 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

4 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

I heard they may postpone until October?

That makes logical sense, as that's when the club usually opens again.  It shuts down one week after the Maters and then reopens in October.   That would be after the Ryder Cup and would be going up against the heart of college football and NFL and baseball postseason. Not that AGNC would care, but would create scheduling conflicts for CBS for sure. 

But that said, how cool would it be to have a great tournament like that toward the end of the Calendar year, and then only have to wait 6 months for it to roll around again! 

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

No tournament threads for a month... dang.

what will you do Shankster!

Seriously though, this is probably for the best, very interested to see what CBS is gonna do with this 4 days now, Maybe reairs of classic final rounds. Top of my head maybe 86, 97, 04, 19?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The Masters is the ONLY golf tournament I watch from beginning to end. Only one. This sucks. Freaking virus....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, disclaimer. I know the current situation is greater than any one sporting event.   I had  come to grips with the NCAA cancellation, all be it grudgingly.   I was hoping with every bit of Irish luck that I might have that somehow The Masters would still be held on time.  

I was actually discussing this with someone last night.  When and how they would reschedule it.  There aren't too many open areas on the PGA Schedule.  My thought is the Chairman of Augusta and the committee will determine where they want it--time frame speaking-- and plop it down right there.  If it happens to be the same week of say the John Deere..then well sorry John Deere...SOL!   I'm not advocating that particular spot, just using it as an example.   The fall is going to be busy for CBS with football.  August might be the only real void in the schedule now that majors are done in July, and playoffs start then.   But I can't imagine Augusta National will look as pretty in August as it does in April.   But again, the committee will find a way to fix that..ha   It would probably play firm and fast, which would be different and maybe add a whole new level of excitement to the toooonament 🙂

55 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

I heard they may postpone until October?

The Masters cannot be played after May, and not again until they reopen in October I think due to agronomy issues.  With exception to the greens, the entire course uses overseeded rye grass, which will die in the summer heat of Augusta.  Generally, Augusta uses those summer months to move sod and soil, replant and replace, and generally the course is one big giant dirt pile.  I'm honestly surprised they went with "postponed" rather than "cancelled" as realistically it's probably less than a 10% chance to play their tournament at another time of the year.  With that said, if any tournament can simply pick a new date and run with it, it is Augusta.  They could play it directly opposite the US Open or Open Championship and players would come running (I'd say fans, but that's a given, as most folks just want to get on the grounds, and generally don't really care at all about the golf).

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

What the hell are golfaholics like me supposed to do?

Image result for is going on meme 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Naturally, this happens the one year I have tickets lol

It can't happen during the summer. As mentioned before, Augusta closes the course in late May and doesn't reopen again until October. The bent grass greens won't be close to their normal selves if they try and play the tournament in the heat of summer. That leaves late April/ May and maybe late September/ October if I had to guess. September/ October has football to deal with and late April doesn't seem likely with all that's going on unless it's at the end of the month. Even then, that seems unlikely. ANGC has already moved their well known members event from later this month to late May, so I'd guess that time slot is taken up. This event is massive so don't discount their moving it as well. The PGA is the middle of May if it's played so there's another weekend down.

The weekend of the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow makes the most sense to me as a replacement weekend, assuming things improve by then. April 30th through May 3rd. If not then, I fear we have a fall Masters IF we have one at all. A fall Masters will bring lots of TV rights complications into it so I'd think they'd like to avoid that if possible.

Edit: Was typing as 82 posted. Didn't mean to echo

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

25 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

The Masters cannot be played after May, and not again until they reopen in October I think due to agronomy issues.  With exception to the greens, the entire course uses overseeded rye grass, which will die in the summer heat of Augusta.  Generally, Augusta uses those summer months to move sod and soil, replant and replace, and generally the course is one big giant dirt pile.  I'm honestly surprised they went with "postponed" rather than "cancelled" as realistically it's probably less than a 10% chance to play their tournament at another time of the year.  With that said, if any tournament can simply pick a new date and run with it, it is Augusta.  They could play it directly opposite the US Open or Open Championship and players would come running (I'd say fans, but that's a given, as most folks just want to get on the grounds, and generally don't really care at all about the golf).

I think it will be May or cancelled all together. Just seems to me the turnaround from Fall to Apr is not enough time for the course to recover properly. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

22 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I think it will be May or cancelled all together. Just seems to me the turnaround from Fall to Apr is not enough time for the course to recover properly. 

They completely re-sod the entire course every other year. The course can recover properly within a month if the green jackets want it to. A fall to April turnaround wouldn't be much of an issue for ANGC.

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Don't forget this is AGNC, every blade of grass will be magically ready next April no matter when they play this years.  I think they could do miracles there in 6 months 🙂

14 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Don't forget this is AGNC, every blade of grass will be magically ready next April no matter when they play this years.  I think they could do miracles there in 6 months 🙂

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

They completely re-sod the entire course every other year. The course can recover properly within a month if the green jackets want it to. A fall to April turnaround wouldn't be much of an issue for ANGC.

I get that, yes they can replant the whole course. But will they? Would members give up whole year of course to host Oct Masters? Maybe, Maybe not.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

16 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I get that, yes they can replant the whole course. But will they? Would members give up whole year of course to host Oct Masters? Maybe, Maybe not.

They aren't giving up a whole year. They won't be re-sodding between the fall and spring. They re-sod during growing season, not the winter.

ANGC members are gaining extra time on the course right now and will lose said time again in October. I think the large majority will be fine with that if it means the Masters takes place. The course would likely be open for member play within a week or 2 of the tournament ending anyway. It doesn't get beat up that badly within an 80 man field where 50 make the cut as is. Plus the club will be losing all this revenue that the Masters brings in if they cancel the tournament. No member wants that.

The larger issue to me is football and TV rights. That may pose a real problem.

As I side note, I'd like to see how firm Augusta would play during an early fall event. I think spring is more likely, but that place would prolly be an F1 track the first weekend of October, barring rain or watering the hell out of it.

If you have a craving - remember, the youtube channel has the full final round broadcasts going back to 1968 (!)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bbCtDMySv8-jCobs9gDY33ZckGzGDdl

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

If you have a craving - remember, the youtube channel has the full final round broadcasts going back to 1968 (!)

Man, I've already watched nearly half of them in anticipation of going to the Masters this year. It's been what I put on at bed time every night!

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

You can also catch all four rounds from last year's playing on The Masters app.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Looking forward to watching 86, 95, and 97.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

And I thought playing the final round in threesomes last year was weird.  A fall Masters (were it to happen) would be extremely strange.  If there's any group of individuals that have the wherewithall to do as they please, it's the green jackets (and... there goes my invite).  If TV schedules are an issue, it wouldn't surprise me if ANGC went completely streaming.  One of their *corporate sponsors has a little bit of computing know-how and horsepower.

*Full disclosure, my company is a subsidiary of IBM.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino