berkeleybob

Scotty Cameron—what am I missing?

Our Sponsors

Depends on which Ping and which Scotty you want to compare. The last few years with the insert Scotty used I was not a huge fan. Feel is what you perceive it to be and well very subjective. What I think is soft and smooth may feel mushy and terrible to someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Depends on which Ping and which Scotty you want to compare. The last few years with the insert Scotty used I was not a huge fan. Feel is what you perceive it to be and well very subjective. What I think is soft and smooth may feel mushy and terrible to someone else.

My favorite Scotty Circa 62, Ping Anser 2 BeCu. Both non-insert and entirely different styles and balance.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

My favorite Scotty Circa 62, Ping Anser 2 BeCu. Both non-insert and entirely different styles and balance.

Good choices. These are the two best “feeling” Scottys I own. One was a good chunk of change and the other was not. I always loved the Studio Design line and own a few. The GoLo is a welded CS with a deep mill face, blackout shaft, leather grip done in the bronze finish.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0909.jpgIMG_0608.jpgIMG_0607.jpg
  • Like 1

Good choices. These are the two best “feeling” Scottys I own. One was a good chunk of change and the other was not. I always loved the Studio Design line and own a few. The GoLo is a welded CS with a deep mill face, blackout shaft, leather grip done in the bronze finish.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0909.thumb.jpg.1c64e14ae436762d0b91e67f6ceeb930.jpgIMG_0608.thumb.jpg.bc737c711bd1121e862ff3985d7f6b1a.jpgIMG_0607.thumb.jpg.cda6cd52011a7a7833f46f15f8112ac1.jpg

I’ve been limited being left hand so I deal with the scraps lefty’s get.

I’ve been limited being left hand so I deal with the scraps lefty’s get.

I just went back to the broomstick, I know how you feel.

Some people like the big name and paying top shelf prices. Others like saving a buck or two.

Game what works for you.

Some people like the big name and paying top shelf prices. Others like saving a buck or two.
Game what works for you.

Agreed. I own plenty from both categories and some of my best putter finds have been on second hand racks.

• Like 2

Agreed. I own plenty from both categories and some of my best putter finds have been on second hand racks.

Second hand racks can carry some real gems. Unfortunately good, used LH putters are like finding a Unicorn.

• Like 1

Second hand racks can carry some real gems. Unfortunately good, used LH putters are like finding a Unicorn.

Keep looking. I just found a PXG Gunboat long putter from 2nd Swing. Never know what you may find.

I never miss looking at the used section. I really envy you right hand guys with the great clubs/putters that show up on that rack.

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

The last time I was trying out new putters at my favorite store, my choices were pretty much Odyssey 2-ball, lots and lots of copper Spider Xs, one kind of Ping mallets and one kind of Blade—and Pinseekers—all with 35” shafts. The used rack was sad, really. The only interesting one there was a beat up Spider Mini.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I know right? My current putter is a cobra milled anser style putter that came in "complete set" that was from my first starter set years ago. Oddysey #7 came and went and many others but I always putt so good with it. It's literally 30 bucks on ebay lol.

Had an idea and I will start a new thread. Heck, I am home and can’t leave for pretty much anything so maybe do the Top 10 in my collection that came off the used rack? Anyone want to see this?

There are a lot of putters to choose from!

IMG_0466.jpg
  • Like 4

Had an idea and I will start a new thread. Heck, I am home and can’t leave for pretty much anything so maybe do the Top 10 in my collection that came off the used rack? Anyone want to see this?

There are a lot of putters to choose from!

IMG_0466.thumb.jpg.2ec954dcda731652e025f4cebb31b4f5.jpg

Yup, im game. I’m self quarantine so I’ll look at Right Hand putters and drool.
I think I inly have 4 or 5 putters that were from dead files.

Yup, im game. I’m self quarantine so I’ll look at Right Hand putters and drool.
I think I inly have 4 or 5 putters that were from dead files.

Here you go....

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/37263-my-best-2nd-hand-putter-finds/